Moon in the 3rd House

druex

I've been reading a lot about this placement lately but I'm curious to hear what others have to say about it and if you have it definitely chime in.

Hello, my Pisces moon is in the third house (I have lilith in the third house as well but it's not conjunct my moon and is in Aquarius. I'm still learning about that.)
Here are some of the things that may come out of my moon in the third house-
I'm very receptive to others and very emotional. I honestly cry over the simplest things. I don't know if that's the third house or the Pisces Moon in me. I like to travel around my state and within my community, I walk or bike everywhere. If I'm feeling anxious I go for a walk and instantly feel better.
Growing up I was the care taker to my mom, who was a closet alcoholic. Even so I only have good things to say about her. My brother is the older one but he's very irresponsible, others are actually surprised to learn that I'm younger. I'm very sad that my bro has changed so much and tend to remember him as a child and get emotional. He was so sweet as a kid but now has some drug and alcohol dependence issues, terrible memory, and anger issues, (The third house is tied to siblings I believe).

I moved around alot after my mom lost her house. We were sometimes living in tents or in her car. She died from cancer when I was 18. In early adult hood I became homeless a couple of times but now in my late 20's I'm finally grounded in my career and living situation.

Generally, from what I've read having the moon in the third house makes for an interesting life :biggrin: which has been true for me. I've also read that it makes absorbing information very easy. I learn things quickly and have been told that I'm gifted with language learning. I think I'm a bit stubborn as well and a perfectionist which probably accelerates learning. I think I'm able to mimic people very well- maybe that also is connected to mars in Gemini.

Also, neighbors tend to be tied to the third house. I've always had strange relationships with neighbors. I'm a flirty person without meaning to be. I flirt with everyone, honestly! I think it has given neighbors the impression that I'm interested in something romantic. This has created some very awkward situations especially when one of the men was married. I don't know if it's the third house moon or what. I now have a very firm boundary of not chit-chatting with neighbors to avoid any drama.

I've read that moon in the third house makes a person gifted in the arts. I'm a full time artist.

I'll attach my chart if it helps at all.
mychart.jpg

VirgoMoon

[FONT=&quot]I have a moon in Virgo in the 3rd house :smile: The moon is ruler of my chart and I recently learned here that my moon is also the handle of the planets that form a bucket in my chart. So this placement has a lot of impact on my life. My IC is in the 3th house as well.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I'm very sensitive and I can also be sentimental (watching movies or when people help others) but I cope with my emotions by analyzing them. I read much about the human psyche (I’m also a psychologist) to gain more knowledge about my emotions. I also make a lot of art, walk outside, and do yoga. As a child I didn’t feel much control over my life and I tried to gain it by fixing myself, hoping that this would fix the situation outside me. This led to a perfectionistic style (virgo?). After absorbing lots of info, I often feel the need to share this with someone very close to me (3th house?). It helps me to process everything and order it. It’s a bit funny… They only have to say….. uhu aha ohh….. and meanwhile I get the deepest epiphanies. Also, a 3rd house thing I guess is that I have a few really close friends that are like family to me [/FONT]:love:

[FONT=&quot]Ps: a few months ago, I followed a workshop about the moon. I learned that the moon is happy in the 3rd house since this is the house of ‘the temple of the moon’ or ‘the temple of the goddess’.
[/FONT]

druex

[FONT=&quot]I have a moon in Virgo in the 3rd house :smile: The moon is ruler of my chart and I recently learned here that my moon is also the handle of the planets that form a bucket in my chart. So this placement has a lot of impact on my life. My IC is in the 3th house as well.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I'm very sensitive and I can also be sentimental (watching movies or when people help others) but I cope with my emotions by analyzing them. I read much about the human psyche (I’m also a psychologist) to gain more knowledge about my emotions. I also make a lot of art, walk outside, and do yoga. As a child I didn’t feel much control over my life and I tried to gain it by fixing myself, hoping that this would fix the situation outside me. This led to a perfectionistic style (virgo?). After absorbing lots of info, I often feel the need to share this with someone very close to me (3th house?). It helps me to process everything and order it. It’s a bit funny… They only have to say….. uhu aha ohh….. and meanwhile I get the deepest epiphanies. Also, a 3rd house thing I guess is that I have a few really close friends that are like family to me [/FONT]:love:

[FONT=&quot]Ps: a few months ago, I followed a workshop about the moon. I learned that the moon is happy in the 3rd house since this is the house of ‘the temple of the moon’ or ‘the temple of the goddess’.
[/FONT]

Funny you mention being a psychologist because I've read many times that Moon in the 3rd House has good psychological insight others and is very intuitive about their environment (3H). Do you find this true for you? And I actually got my curious about my Moon's house placement because I did read as well the Moon is in it's joy in the 3H.

druex

Hello, my Pisces moon is in the third house (I have lilith in the third house as well but it's not conjunct my moon and is in Aquarius. I'm still learning about that.)
Here are some of the things that may come out of my moon in the third house-
I'm very receptive to others and very emotional. I honestly cry over the simplest things. I don't know if that's the third house or the Pisces Moon in me. I like to travel around my state and within my community, I walk or bike everywhere. If I'm feeling anxious I go for a walk and instantly feel better.
Growing up I was the care taker to my mom, who was a closet alcoholic. Even so I only have good things to say about her. My brother is the older one but he's very irresponsible, others are actually surprised to learn that I'm younger. I'm very sad that my bro has changed so much and tend to remember him as a child and get emotional. He was so sweet as a kid but now has some drug and alcohol dependence issues, terrible memory, and anger issues, (The third house is tied to siblings I believe).

I moved around alot after my mom lost her house. We were sometimes living in tents or in her car. She died from cancer when I was 18. In early adult hood I became homeless a couple of times but now in my late 20's I'm finally grounded in my career and living situation.

Generally, from what I've read having the moon in the third house makes for an interesting life :biggrin: which has been true for me. I've also read that it makes absorbing information very easy. I learn things quickly and have been told that I'm gifted with language learning. I think I'm a bit stubborn as well and a perfectionist which probably accelerates learning. I think I'm able to mimic people very well- maybe that also is connected to mars in Gemini.

Also, neighbors tend to be tied to the third house. I've always had strange relationships with neighbors. I'm a flirty person without meaning to be. I flirt with everyone, honestly! I think it has given neighbors the impression that I'm interested in something romantic. This has created some very awkward situations especially when one of the men was married. I don't know if it's the third house moon or what. I now have a very firm boundary of not chit-chatting with neighbors to avoid any drama.

I've read that moon in the third house makes a person gifted in the arts. I'm a full time artist.

I'll attach my chart if it helps at all.
View attachment 87818

I can see a Pisces Moon in the 3H absorbing everything in it's environment.

VirgoMoon

Funny you mention being a psychologist because I've read many times that Moon in the 3rd House has good psychological insight others and is very intuitive about their environment (3H). Do you find this true for you? And I actually got my curious about my Moon's house placement because I did read as well the Moon is in it's joy in the 3H.

Yes, that’s true for me! I see/ feel behavioral patterns very quickly. People often ask me if I’m psychic, I think I'm intuitive but mainly well-trained by observing those around me :smile: For me it also feels true that my moon is in its joy, I think that without this placement I couldn’t have coped so well with my emotions.

Would love to know what your moon sign is? If you want to share of course! Are you intuitive about your environment as well?

Last edited:
combine the moon and mercury(air)
then you find they are interested in woman's topics, woman's matters, astrology, divination, psychology. they may got a lot of female friends.
third house rules interests, mind, relatives, neighboors, environment. socializing.

Moon also rules parenting, advicing, also rules babies, family, innocence, silence, security, passive agressiveness, ups and downs, reactions, intuitions and even politics because moon means folk.

but you need to see whole chart. sometimes moon gets fiery and masculine when it's in leo for example

druex

Yes, that’s true for me! My mom had a hard time when I was young and I picked up everything. So, the IC in the 3th house makes a lot of sense to me. In some way I think that it trained me to become good in my work (I’m also a researcher). I see/ feel behavioral patterns very quickly. Patients and other people often ask me if I’m psychic, I think I'm intuitive but mainly well-trained by observing my mom and other relatives :smile: For me it also feels true that my moon is in its joy, I think that without this placement I couldn’t have coped so well with my emotions.

Would love to know what your moon sign is? If you want to share of course! Are you intuitive about your environment as well?

Aquarius Moon. I'm like you, I see changes in behavioral patterns easily. I'm always surprised that people don't notice stuff. I feel like I'm intuitive and naturally observant as well. I think my Water Ascendant and 3H Neptune also make me intuitive about my environment but too sensitive as well. If my environment is rowdy I'm all over the place.

3H Moon seems to be a really good placement actually. Very perceptive if worked at.

VirgoMoon

Aquarius Moon. I'm like you, I see changes in behavioral patterns easily. I'm always surprised that people don't notice stuff. I feel like I'm intuitive and naturally observant as well. I think my Water Ascendant and 3H Neptune also make me intuitive about my environment but too sensitive as well. If my environment is rowdy I'm all over the place.

3H Moon seems to be a really good placement actually. Very perceptive if worked at.

I recognize that as well. I have a cancer asc and an Aquarius sun in 8H (together with mercury).

Last edited:

druex

I recognize that as well. I have a cancer asc and an Aquarius sun in 8H (together with mercury), I've read that that's a good placement for a psychologist as well :smile:

Cancer Rising is VERY intuitive in general. With an 8H Sun, you definitely see more than most.