Sesquisquares? Major or minor or...

Claire19

Forget all of them. They are minor and I dont even use them. Concentrate on your major aspects is my suggestion. Chiron has a very small orb of no more than 2 degrees in aspect and I only use that as a possible support to other influences.

Frisiangal

Hi,
I don't think you should look at the sesquiquadrates as merely
However, this has not been an unusually bad day.

The transiting Moon is only effective for a few hours in aspecting anything in the chart. Yet your lunar return was in the 3rd house....and conjunct transit Jupiter. You may have been somewhere and heard or been told something that had an effect upon your feelings regarding your need for Taurean safety and security. What you heard may be especially relevant regarding major transit issues you are also working through. The sesquiquarates could have a significant effect in how you are NOW finding yourself having to deal with these same issues.

Do not undermine sesquiquadrates. Transiting MEAN Black Moon Lilith conjunct tr. Jupiter conjunct natal Moon in your chart may bring hidden facts to light that you did not expect. A different approach to an
issue may be deemed necessary. The sesquiquadrates in direct/
retrograde/direct transits are going to eventually act themselves out.

Poupoupidou

(...)
  • t. Moon ssq my Saturn
  • t. Moon ssq my Chiron
  • t. Mars ssq my Ascendant
  • t. Saturn ssq my Venus
  • t. Saturn ssq my Jupiter
  • t. Uranus ssq my Pluto
  • t. Chiron ssq my Neptune (separating)
However, this has not been an unusually bad day.
(...)
But after today's cluster of sesquisquares, I'm wondering if I've been giving them too much attention.
(...)
considering that with SEVEN sesquisquares hitting me at once today, I should feel much worse...but I don't.
(...)

Well, sesquisquares have a delayed effect, and usually one that goes unnoticed until the mess is accomplished. It is unlikely those involving your moon are going to have a dramatic impact. However, if the astral items are slower (Mars and beyond) then you will feel it on the long run. What was organized will get disorganized and messy, and you will need to fix it.

waybread

While I admire Claire's forthrightness, I respectfully disagree. These aspects do have meaning, although not as strongly as the square. As part of the 2-series of aspects, they are a tense, tension-promoting aspect.

Particularly watch for a formation called a Thor's Hammer, in which 3 planets are joined by a pair of sesquisquares and a square. This is very dynamic and volatile, often involving a lot of acting-out and discipline problems in children.

StillOne

Particularly watch for a formation called a Thor's Hammer, in which 3 planets are joined by a pair of sesquisquares and a square. This is very dynamic and volatile, often involving a lot of acting-out and discipline problems in children.

A friend of mine has a Thor's Hammer pattern pointing to Pluto in the 1st house. I never understood his intensity completely until I became aware of astrology. Your post hammers it home :tongue: