How much do minor aspects matter?

Lykanized

When I talk about aspects in my chart or look at aspects in other peoples' charts, I tend to overlook completely minor aspects. Some people say they're irrelevant or so inconsequential they're worth overlooking, other people say that still have a real and palpable influence on on us

I'd love to hear everyone's opinions and thoughts

Lykanized

Still curious about this. For one, I heard in a video that the quintile is an aspect of potential talent and idk if that's true or not

HYS

Overlooking minors makes for misleading judgement of the chart. Especially the small squares are really important. For example any exact small square is much stronger than a wide sextile.

ardentika

That's true. Semi-squares, sesquiquadrate , inconjunctions even semi-sextiles are very powerful. I've researched all in my chart, and esp. the semi-squares are so subtle in nature but yet so deeply influential on how I manifest things in life, and more like WHY do I manifest the things I do. It's one of the things that stays almost hidden from your consciousness but when someone says it you are like "Huh, dang, that's true."
And usually the things that stay hidden from our conscious mind are the things that have the most influence in our life.
So minor aspects aren't minor at all in my opinion. x)

Capriquarious

I have a ton of minor semi-sextile aspects as well as well as mercury semisquare saturn quincunx nn. As I've researched these aspects I've found all to ring true to my personality. Generally though they reflect things I think I rely on, not aspects of myself or tendencies I think about and therefore before exploring not tendencies I knew I had. The only aspect I never connect with was the interpretation I was coming too of pluto semisextile my ascendant. It suggests I look for ease in relationships and this makes me susceptible to be manipulated. However, after reflection I just feel that my capricornian energy is so dominant the aspect from pluto never manifested.

waybread

I think usually the major aspects do well enough. But sometimes they just don't seem to do justice to the person. Then I think it makes sense to look at the minors, starting with quintiles, septiles, and noviles. If you use Astrodienst's free charts pages, they show quintiles in your aspectarian.

I think quintiles and septiles are important. Quintiles seem to relate to talent plus the ambition to manifest it. Pluto-sun quintiles seem to be especially strong. Septiles give a combination of seeing "life beyond the veil" and discipline.

You can also do minor aspects in multiples. Another way to think about minor aspects is the study of harmonics. For example, the septile=the 7th harmonic.