Purpose & Destiny

Phoenix Venus

Gather round the campfire, boys and girls, it's Kumbaya time!

I want to know if you believe you have found your purpose, your higher calling, your destiny. And if you have, what is it? How did you find it? And is it shown in your chart? Maybe astrology even helped you to find it?

If your lifepath isn't so clear cut, maybe you have had one or two "dates with destiny"? Things in your life lined up in some special way, so that you could be at the right place and time; to help someone, or to change your outlook or your circumstances?

So, whats your story? Please share!

waybread

Apparently my destiny is to read horoscopes for people on an Internet forum.

Theoretically, your MC is your "destiny" point, in the sense of your calling or vocation in life and how you are likely to manifest it.

People with Neptune in the first house, conjunct the sun, squaring the MC, &c are likely to have trouble finding their vocation in life.

For destiny in the sense of a fated encounter with someone, look at your vertex, and see if you can time the event. Is there a planet conjunct your vertex?

ynnest

Theoretically, your MC is your "destiny" point, in the sense of your calling or vocation in life and how you are likely to manifest it.

People with Neptune in the first house, conjunct the sun, squaring the MC, &c are likely to have trouble finding their vocation in life.

For destiny in the sense of a fated encounter with someone, look at your vertex, and see if you can time the event. Is there a planet conjunct your vertex?

What about the north node?

Y

Phoenix Venus

Well thats an honorable destiny to have. How did you discover that astrology was your calling?

"Destiny" is an enigmatic term however in the context of higher purpose the MC is very much appropriate. I also like to look up someones part of spiritual service and part of skill because they give some clues into how they might apply themselves to make a difference.

And i do think the part of destiny plays a factor.

waybread

Well thats an honorable destiny to have. How did you discover that astrology was your calling?

"Destiny" is an enigmatic term however in the context of higher purpose the MC is very much appropriate. I also like to look up someones part of spiritual service and part of skill because they give some clues into how they might apply themselves to make a difference.

And i do think the part of destiny plays a factor.

My post was a bit tongue-in-cheek. But two points:

1. What if your destiny were whatever you are doing now? Who says it has to be any Great Shakes?

2. In terms of astrology, Uranus is the modern ruler and Mercury is the traditional ruler. Uranus closely conjuncts my MC and trines my Aquarian sun. Mercury and Uranus in mutual reception. The asteroid Urania, named for the muse of astrology, conjuncts my Aquarian Venus-Mercury.

But I believe that any given horoscope placement has multiple interpretations and possible outcomes. I didn't even begin to look at astrology until I was over 40, so if you have a particular destiny, you might not learn it till later in life.

And who says you have only one possible destiny?

Maybe we get to choose it.

Phoenix Venus

I wonder what the degree of your mc is? And the degree of your part of astrology?

Yeah i agree for the most part. But I think it depends on what one makes of the connotations of the word destiny. Because it can be extended to mean anything that is happening in any given moment.

I think it is rather a spiral, when you try to draw the line between what is in your control and what happens outside of your control, and what we might describe as "fate".

And some of us might even describe fate instead as astrological effects, which would suggest that the whole of the chart is the mark of ones destiny.

Blaze

Account Closed
Been wondering about this as of late. On one hand, I want to aid society, changing it through law to maintain order and, simply put, level the playing ground to make it more fair.

On the other, all the stress that goes into this ideal is for naught as nothing and I mean nothing lasts forever. Any good that is done today can be undone tomorrow. This truth is a bitter pill to swallow.

So, now I sit at the fork in the road. Walk down one path and give slight aid, but realize it is all for nothing or keep to myself and live a simple life. Huh.

Oddity

Having a powerhouse chart is not always a blessing.

But look at it this way. There's a lot of suffering in life, regardless. However, you have an opportunity to alleviate a bit of it for some people. I think that falls into the net good category.

Blaze

Account Closed
Mm, a net good it is. Feels more like a duty, though sounds dramatic. Its one of those things that if I didn't at least try and succeed or fail at, I'd possibly regret later on.

I suppose the fragility of hard earned results is what I lament. An opposition that drives me mad, ha, that T-square plays out, huh?

Kuntuzangmo

Venus is the lord of my 10th (in the 3rd) and it sextiles vertex in Sag. in the 5th. I don't know anything about vertex.
Involvement in the arts has been lifelong and the main event now.
:)

Last edited:

Phoenix Venus

Been wondering about this as of late. On one hand, I want to aid society, changing it through law to maintain order and, simply put, level the playing ground to make it more fair.

On the other, all the stress that goes into this ideal is for naught as nothing and I mean nothing lasts forever. Any good that is done today can be undone tomorrow. This truth is a bitter pill to swallow.

So, now I sit at the fork in the road. Walk down one path and give slight aid, but realize it is all for nothing or keep to myself and live a simple life. Huh.

What is the purpose of a temporary life?

Big things that go through my head.

Be a father my dad never was.
Music.
Love.
Lead people to a better path.
Evolution of self.
Higher learning.
Depth of psyche.

Sag midheaven.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SxwpmM66ZA

"I'd like to direct at some point. But i don't know because 10 years ago i would never have imagined that i'd be here.
So in 10 years from now i might be running a rodeo"

Last edited:

Blaze

Account Closed
What is the purpose of a temporary life?

All life is temporary, so I suppose to simply "live it" would be best. How one does so is completely up to them, I'd say.

But is all the personal stress of one path worth a temporary reprieve for society for a few years? That is what I'm struggling with. My own peace vs the alleviating of temporary beings with band-aid policy.

Side-note: Goddamn that sounds dramatic.

waybread

I struggled with this for a long time. Here is my answer.

"I cannot promise that I will change the world. I can promise that I will try to live in a way that is consistent with my values."

A helpful ancient rabbincial saying:

"It is not incumbent upon you to complete the work, but neither are you at liberty to desist from it."

Oh, and it's not about you.

That's the bad news.

That's the good news.

dr. farr

I think there is a great deal to Waybread's observation regarding the North Node: in my case, its in the 8th house, in Aries, and close to Venus: all the indications for the NN in the 8th, NN in Aries, NN close to Venus, have "come true" in my life.

blackbery

Great thread.

Why do you believe this? Would your books be vastly different to those on the market now? Have you ever written an astrology book even if never published?

I have Sag MC and thought I was going to write something that would change the world like so many good books have. I wrote poems, a novel, a screenplay and a memoir but realized that none of it was really any good and ripped it all up.

But writing/publishing/books in general have been my passion but with MC conjunct Antares exact, this dream has never manifested. And so it goes.

Life is very fated. Destiny perhaps is what happens to you while purpose or 'career' is what you make happen.

Take DJTrump for instance because he's so well known. It was his 'destiny' to become POTUS (for whatever reason) but his career is his real estate empire which he loves and which he chose for himself.

BB

I believe one of my higher purposes is to write astrology books.