Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat

Chat For posts that don't have to do with astrological chart interpretation, but they're still important to you. Gossip, show off, hot topic, spiritual thoughts, Sun sign astrological discussions, chit chat: come in and share!


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 04-13-2015, 06:58 PM
Bradders Bradders is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 364
Astrology is the clock of spiritual maturity: Evidence included

So in my open minded, discover whats new, way of rationalizing and understanding life, I took myself to understanding another spiritual teacher by the name of Jordan Maxwell: A 50 year long profound scholar on the occult, religion, all the underbelly and questioning everything. No he is not a satanist.

It occured to me, that Jordan, proposed that the bible is actually a story based on a story on a story that has followed since pre sumerian times; it occured to him that everything the bible was, was based on Astrology. The bible, based on a rendition of a story that predates human history.

I proposed this to be scientifically accurate myself, as I noticed with the transits which, through self analysis, research, where each planet acts as a catalyst for magnificent changes in the individual and the collective: A source of spiritual maturity to rise to the fullest, grandest evolution of the human self into becoming their full, utter complete, higher self with no fear.

I know that part through rigorous exploration into the unknown myself for 7 or 8 years. The occult, the unknown has always magnified to be a deep interest. My scorpio in the 5th house is probably more synonymous with this, but let's not 'Blame astrology'. No I am not a satanist, again. No I never did the ouija board. I know where my limits lie.

All I can say is it appears, through self study, self reasearch ( I am a experiential learner and a audial learner, everything else bothers me ) that Astrology now represents to me, a sort of clock. A chronological chart of influences where certain planets would have a more profound influence such as pluto and saturn and that they're to set the stage for human spiritual rises in consciousness or these mighty 'Dieties' I may otherwise see them as, test and push the human to become their greatest version.

Astrology since I discovered it is only one of the profound topics I discovered which richly fascinated me, possibly being yes, my abundance of Aquarius; my 5th house and 9th house.

So I see; testify to the evaluation that by the time we enter this earth, the stage is set immediately, the rising sign would dileanate our parental upbringing, the houses and everything else plays out immediately, but why, by chance, would it happen to be all so instant, as if we were meant to have that time of birth? I surely do not believe and completely oppose, fatalism.

I have studied a case of mr Edgar Caycee where, someone who I believe intuitively, cultivated that she was his wife in some recent lifetime, where his sun sign seemed to progress from Aries to Taurus within 50 years of a single century, yes I believe in reincarnation by the way. She proposed a photo of Edgar Caycee and looking at her husband now, they were one of the same person and noticed many similarities: I have looked into research of children also who vividly remember their past lives, even a boy who lived on a island off the coast of Scotland and only a 100 miles away, recalled in that very house on that island, where, unmistakingly his parents by chance he remembered their names, did live there and much more.

So if you're still willing to follow on this proposal or feel 'Misguided; are digging in your heels', there is only the profound, horrific to conventionally healthy question to how and why we start our lives the way we do: I have watched a documentary recently on 'Wild Child' children, the horrific immature parental abandonment emotionally, insane.

Some people even such as HP Lovecraft, would churn out of their lives, no matter how ostracized, into fictions that would last the century. There is also the phomonena on the most worst years, the best music will be made. We were made to express ourselves.

I looked also into the proposal that, we are here based on 'Soul age', which was fascinating. I happened to explore my past lives through a sound incurring meditation and with no forced thought, saw myself as animals, indian chieftain, rich italian men and much more bizzare things.

I am not by chance proposing that the soul somehow rose to become one of these wild children no no no. But I am absolutely certain, through research, self study and self evaluation, Astrology is not just a 'theory', if scientifically scrutinized, it would propose as fact.

But the question I have to ask is what people propose of the beginning of such lives, both horrific and magnificent, each lend their hand wether rich or poor to spiritual growth in some sense ( I personally don't believe in 'Past life karma' )?

Evaluations? Fellow astrologers?

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 04-13-2015, 08:03 PM
Slenkar Slenkar is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 620
Re: Astrology is the clock of spiritual maturity: Evidence included

Quote:
But the question I have to ask is what people propose of the beginning of such lives, both horrific and magnificent, each lend their hand wether rich or poor to spiritual growth in some sense ( I personally don't believe in 'Past life karma' )?

Evaluations? Fellow astrologers?
What do you mean?
The question isnt very clear
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 04-14-2015, 09:25 AM
Bradders Bradders is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 364
Re: Astrology is the clock of spiritual maturity: Evidence included

I'm saying a life can begin in the most distraught, horrific and emotionally debilitating of circumstances but also at the most alleviating. Each sign to their own would have to learn how to either moderate or persevere through whatever life handles them.

The question was what is the cause of this astrologically? Does God curse us to being in a 'Hell' by rebeginning our lives in a hellish enviroment? Is it just the state of the world at best but then I have expressed how it appears each part of the chart, even the rising, gives itself to not just false chance.

I was inquiring what maybe the determinant for either a good or testing enviroment to be born in, astrologically.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 04-14-2015, 02:46 PM
Oddity's Avatar
Oddity Oddity is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 2,982
Re: Astrology is the clock of spiritual maturity: Evidence included

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradders View Post
I'm saying a life can begin in the most distraught, horrific and emotionally debilitating of circumstances but also at the most alleviating. Each sign to their own would have to learn how to either moderate or persevere through whatever life handles them.

The question was what is the cause of this astrologically? Does God curse us to being in a 'Hell' by rebeginning our lives in a hellish enviroment? Is it just the state of the world at best but then I have expressed how it appears each part of the chart, even the rising, gives itself to not just false chance.

I was inquiring what maybe the determinant for either a good or testing enviroment to be born in, astrologically.
I may not understand the question, but I will try. In the West, we had the Protestant Reformation. One side of that, the Calvinists (who are still around today) claimed that you could tell if you were one of God's 'chosen' - because you'd have a good life. If you didn't have a good life in conventional terms - money, health, family, happiness - you weren't one of the chosen, and it was pretty pointless to try to save you anyway (though they would try to get you to at least behave), and because it was clear you weren't one of the chosen, you were going to hell when you died.

In astrological circles, and new age circles generally, I've seen a lot of that same attitude, though it's generally accompanied by the word 'karma' and often doesn't include the word 'hell'. People try to up the sophistication of the argument by using more psychologically laden language instead of 'chosen' or 'damned', but the attitude is remarkably the same.

My own belief is that things aren't that simple. That we are, probably, projections of the mind of the Divine, and the mind of the Divine contains every possibility that could ever be. And for whatever reason, that has to play out on earth. I don't think we get any choice of the hand we're dealt, we can just respond to it. In other words, it's all fated, but we can make some choices. Those won't necesarily alter our circumstances, but they might make some of them somewhat more bearable. And sometimes they won't. That's just how it is. And that particular 'how' is what the native's chart shows.

I also believe that we're supposed to help each other, because nobody can do this life thing alone.

As to past lives, or afterlives, I simply do not know. There is no way that I can know. I'm inclined to think they don't exist, but arguments either pro or con can never be won. My feeling, again, personal, is that all that happens, happens NOW. But since we can't properly process it, we tend to split it up into categories of 'now' and 'then', which, sadly, usually come with a hefty dose of judgement of the worth of the person.

Does it ever end? Does now stop? Who knows? From my severely limited perspective, it's not a thing I can know.

Last edited by Oddity; 04-14-2015 at 02:59 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 04-14-2015, 05:28 PM
Slenkar Slenkar is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 620
Re: Astrology is the clock of spiritual maturity: Evidence included

I watched that Jordan Maxwell video and it was very entertaining, but I think it should be in the category of entertainment.

If you went to Rome and started showing people "hey look! the catholic church uses mushroom symbols and has the same dome as the white house!!"

I dont think that would change anything and you'd be shunned or beaten up.
Same goes for the muslims and their symbols.

I dont know if you awnt to hear this but I dont think there is any rhyme or reason to anything. I think we are just in a computer simulation because astrology is so ridiculous.

I believe astrology is absolutely real, but its ridiculous if you think about it. It's absolutely insane that the planets not only decide our personality but our fate.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 04-14-2015, 08:28 PM
ALRESCHA ALRESCHA is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: 18.2924N 109.2083E
Posts: 606
Re: Astrology is the clock of spiritual maturity: Evidence included

I don't think the planets decide our fate.
The planets' order is not the cause, but a giant fractal that represents all that has ever happened, all that is and all that will be IMHO. And it's in a place that everyone can see, that's why it's never wrong and easy to study.

It all comes down to this:


And I see the order of the zodiac signs as stages of development. I just love how you've put it: the clock of spiritual maturity! Now that would make a fine book title!
__________________

Last edited by ALRESCHA; 04-15-2015 at 02:58 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 04-15-2015, 04:25 AM
Phoenix Venus's Avatar
Phoenix Venus Phoenix Venus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: via combusta
Posts: 3,299
Yeah, the zodiac represents the wheel of life, reflecting symbolically (and tracking literally) both the passage of the year, as well as the passage of the day, which relates directly to the process of our own progress, physically and spiritually, individually and collectively. The four cardinal points represent the change of the seasons, aries one being the spring equinox, cancer one being the summer solstice, libra one being the fall equinox and capricorn one being the winter solstice. (these points also representing the change of the day; dawn, high noon, sunset and midnight.) This also suggests that these points represent the turning points of the life.

The zodiac progressing clockwise through the signs represents the process of material involution. This is quite evident with a look at the sabiam symbols. Aries one being, as quoted by Dane Rudhyar, "Emergence of new forms and of the potentiality of consciousness" and pisces 30 being the " The power of clearly visualized ideals to mold the life of the visualizer."

And if you follow the zodiac backwards or counterclockwise around the horoscope, starting at 30 virgo and ending at libra one, you have a process of spiritual evolution. Virgo 30 being " The total concentration required for reaching any spiritual goal." and libra one being " The immortal archetypal reality that a perfect and dedicated life reveals."

Also, if you read the first five symbols of libra (backwards, or counterclockwise) you will find that they are representative of the unfolding events surrounding the death and ascension of Yeshua. That is also His ascending degree and degree of pluto, according to the chart that some of us around the forum subscribe to.

Last edited by Phoenix Venus; 04-15-2015 at 04:31 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phoenix Venus For This Useful Post:
ALRESCHA (04-15-2015), StillOne (04-28-2015)
  #8  
Unread 04-17-2015, 07:44 PM
Bradders Bradders is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 364
Re: Astrology is the clock of spiritual maturity: Evidence included

Well I'd like to say I looked through all of the posts and found them extremely fascinating.

Being a spiritual practioner, delving more and more into the occult to understand the underbelly of life ( primarily meditation being my approach ), I have come across this pattern of spiritual maturity more in my own life.

I had a walk today through the forest ridging walkway between the farmland to the east and my little village to the west. It probed me, through all of the research material and stuff I study: Humans themselves I think personally, can see themselves as victims or as the points for their own destinies and spiritual/self actualization unfolding.

Most of the planet, sees itself as a victim, but the few who're the ones who try to climb towards success, did so to cultivate fully their expression, but I believe, in a more controversial unfolding of my beliefs, the media has risen slobs who have created trends for the simple cash cow of riches and fame and public adoration: Vanity and narcissism and greed in short.

I think humanitity in itself, are pioneers and world shapers, but currently our path is yet for the majority of the planet to either choose to evolve/spiritually actualize themselves or fall into mediocrity, depression, self victimization and martyrdom.

Just my thoughts.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Unread 04-23-2015, 11:08 AM
ALRESCHA ALRESCHA is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: 18.2924N 109.2083E
Posts: 606
Re: Astrology is the clock of spiritual maturity: Evidence included

Well, a soul needs to evolve to achieve spiritual maturity, so it takes time, that's why the word clock fits. Water is empathy and spirituality, and look at the waters of the Earth- they are polluted. There is a prophecy my people know of, that the good in people will nearly perish when all waters are polluted.
I literally mean stages of development. Some souls apparently cannot achieve spiritual maturity.
The life of a baby is an Aries stage, Taurus hits when we start exploring the world by tasting, then we start talking and learning and playing with friends and siblings. Then we learn where we belong. Then puberty hits and we build our personal identity... etc.
Now, I think of matryoska. This is applicable to all areas and aspects of life.
In my mind, an Aries is merely a fulfilled part of Taurus, a smaller matryoska inside a Taurus matryoska. Gemini sees Taurus just like a 3rd grade student sees a 2nd grade student.

Let's look at the Maslow pyramid again.
1. Biological and Physiological needs - air, food, drink, shelter, warmth, sex, sleep, etc.

2. Safety needs - protection from elements, security, order, law, stability, etc.

3. Love and belongingness needs - friendship, intimacy, affection and love, - from work group, family, friends, romantic relationships.

4. Esteem needs - self-esteem, achievement, mastery, independence, status, dominance, prestige, managerial responsibility, etc.

5. Cognitive needs - knowledge, meaning, etc.

6. Aesthetic needs - appreciation and search for beauty, balance, form, etc.

7. Self-Actualization needs - realizing personal potential, self-fulfillment, seeking personal growth and peak experiences.

8. Transcendence needs - helping others to achieve self actualization.

Please note that self-actualization happens at the Scorpio stage, #7.

Now, narcissism thrives because the humanity is stuck in the Leo stage, because we are living in the age of Aquarius.
__________________

Last edited by ALRESCHA; 04-23-2015 at 03:47 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 04-26-2015, 03:05 AM
emily23 emily23 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 191
Re: Astrology is the clock of spiritual maturity: Evidence included

are you a scorpio!? why is scorpio meted out as some enlightened sign...all the time..like others are lacking???? All signs try as hard......yeah theyre deep but they can also as human beings be suffocators of others...

anyway whats wrong with age of aquarius

http://youtu.be/kjxSCAalsBE

The message is there, its called love peace and understanding....whats lacking!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Unread 04-27-2015, 11:49 PM
ScorpioCrow's Avatar
ScorpioCrow ScorpioCrow is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: The ghetto
Posts: 191
Re: Astrology is the clock of spiritual maturity: Evidence included

I also believe in reincarnation, and I'm pretty sure (though not absolutely certain) that such persons as Hitler, serial killers (hey what's the difference?), dictators, genocide advocates, etc. will be reborn as severely disabled/disadvantaged persons.

Personal account: I could be loud and brash and rude in my past life, and in childhood I was afraid to speak up or be too obvious about anything. Apparently I was ridiculed for my unconventional views.
__________________
Due to budget cuts, the light at the end of the tunnel will be out.
Out of my mind - back in 5 minutes.

Why does the Raven cry aloud and no eye pities her?
~William Blake, Lamentation of the Earth
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ScorpioCrow For This Useful Post:
ALRESCHA (05-03-2015)
  #12  
Unread 05-03-2015, 06:36 PM
ALRESCHA ALRESCHA is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: 18.2924N 109.2083E
Posts: 606
Re: Astrology is the clock of spiritual maturity: Evidence included

Quote:
Originally Posted by emily23 View Post
are you a scorpio!? why is scorpio meted out as some enlightened sign...all the time..like others are lacking???? All signs try as hard......yeah theyre deep but they can also as human beings be suffocators of others...

anyway whats wrong with age of aquarius

http://youtu.be/kjxSCAalsBE

The message is there, its called love peace and understanding....whats lacking!
Why so bitter, lady?

Have a cookie

I am a Scorpio Sun, yes. It is quite logical that you can't teach and preach until you have understood something thoroughly. Then again, you don't need to teach and preach and can still stay enlightened once you've reached the stage, don't you think? But making this about scorpios is not what the thread is about. I have posted the truth, this is proven, and the thread title suggests us to post that, so, I don't see where I went wrong...

I am not sure if you have actually misunderstood my post, but I'll tell you that I never said that there was anything wrong with the age of Aquarius, it's the people who live in it that we are to blame. It's a matter of the axis, lady, the opposition and learning what to do and making mistakes while doing it, so, please think about what's been written some more before posting an attacking answer No need to bash the people who share their insights.

And I certainly didn't say that there is something wrong about other signs. It is not necessary to write that one must look at the entire chart on an astrologers' forum, I believe? It's like saying: But not only Gemini talks, other signs talk too!

This is a thread about psychological development, and I don't see how traditional astrology helps here, so, I would like to learn, if you have a suggestion. Or maybe you wanna have a slightly different approach when it comes to this matter. but either is OK.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Unread 05-03-2015, 06:41 PM
Bunraku's Avatar
Bunraku Bunraku is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Milky Way Galaxy
Posts: 4,886
Re: Astrology is the clock of spiritual maturity: Evidence included

Quote:
Originally Posted by emily23 View Post
are you a scorpio!? why is scorpio meted out as some enlightened sign...all the time..like others are lacking???? All signs try as hard......yeah theyre deep but they can also as human beings be suffocators of others...

anyway whats wrong with age of aquarius

http://youtu.be/kjxSCAalsBE

The message is there, its called love peace and understanding....whats lacking!

It's alright. People here made a thread before complaining about the ridiculous romanticization of the Scorpio Astrological sign.

If you gather interpretations on the web, videos, and mainstream books you can basically conclude that a Scorpio:
  • Has movie star looks
  • is an enlightened priest
  • and also CIA spy
  • a sex connoisseur
  • a nymphomaniac
  • is brooding all the time
  • is like Edward from the vampire movie, Twilight
  • wears black all the time

But they are just marketed to appeal to the senses, do not take them seriously.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Unread 05-03-2015, 07:25 PM
Bunraku's Avatar
Bunraku Bunraku is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Milky Way Galaxy
Posts: 4,886
Re: Astrology is the clock of spiritual maturity: Evidence included

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALRESCHA View Post
Well, a soul needs to evolve to achieve spiritual maturity, so it takes time, that's why the word clock fits. Water is empathy and spirituality, and look at the waters of the Earth- they are polluted. There is a prophecy my people know of, that the good in people will nearly perish when all waters are polluted.
I literally mean stages of development. Some souls apparently cannot achieve spiritual maturity.
The life of a baby is an Aries stage, Taurus hits when we start exploring the world by tasting, then we start talking and learning and playing with friends and siblings. Then we learn where we belong. Then puberty hits and we build our personal identity... etc.
Now, I think of matryoska. This is applicable to all areas and aspects of life.
In my mind, an Aries is merely a fulfilled part of Taurus, a smaller matryoska inside a Taurus matryoska. Gemini sees Taurus just like a 3rd grade student sees a 2nd grade student.

Let's look at the Maslow pyramid again.
1. Biological and Physiological needs - air, food, drink, shelter, warmth, sex, sleep, etc.

2. Safety needs - protection from elements, security, order, law, stability, etc.

3. Love and belongingness needs - friendship, intimacy, affection and love, - from work group, family, friends, romantic relationships.

4. Esteem needs - self-esteem, achievement, mastery, independence, status, dominance, prestige, managerial responsibility, etc.

5. Cognitive needs - knowledge, meaning, etc.

6. Aesthetic needs - appreciation and search for beauty, balance, form, etc.

7. Self-Actualization needs - realizing personal potential, self-fulfillment, seeking personal growth and peak experiences.

8. Transcendence needs - helping others to achieve self actualization.

Please note that self-actualization happens at the Scorpio stage, #7.

Now, narcissism thrives because the humanity is stuck in the Leo stage, because we are living in the age of Aquarius.

Fire, as the element, was known all throughout ancient civilizations as an agent that purifies the soul. Water is an element of the soul, but the soul is comprised of four elements, all need balance and equilibrium in order to achieve its maximum potential. See, someone with too much water has an elemental balance disorder somewhere in the chart. The fifth element, Quinta Essentia is too esoteric to discuss here.
There was always this concept of burning off "karma," which can be done with specific meditations.

Also Maslow's hierarchy of needs is only 5 stages, the rest you are making it up. Where did the rest of the signs go?

Also your cycle of Aries around to around the zodiac is questionable.
Why not start at Leo because according to modern astrology, is connected to the 5th house, which rules birth It would also ruin your 8th theory because Maslow's 5 steps just happens to land on house 5, which is Leo.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ALRESCHA View Post
Now, narcissism thrives because the humanity is stuck in the Leo stage, because we are living in the age of Aquarius.
Age of Leo was how long ago? The time of the Ancient Egyptians, and they were very spiritual and devoted.
How is it stuck in the Leo stage when the age preceded us was Pisces? And how are we stuck in Leo when you said we are in Aquarius?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALRESCHA View Post
This is a thread about psychological development, and I don't see how traditional astrology helps here, so, I would like to learn, if you have a suggestion.
I don't know about you, but it is our ancestors that created astrology and tradition needs to be respected even if you don't agree with it.
It is important to know that psychological development is not synonymous with the occult. If you go talk to a psychiatrist about needing more clean water to purify your mind, I can guarantee you that the psychiatrist will prescribe you some pills.

Ancient Astrology had its links to occult and esoteric practices. To discredit it and imply the ancients had no concept of psychological wellbeing is kind of ridiculous. What did you think people were back then? Emotionless creatures?


Anyways check out the Thema Mundi:

From Wikipedia:
Quote:
Modern astrology assumes that Aries, the first sign, conveys its character to the first house. Instead the thema mundi has Cancer in the ascendant, suggesting that nature, rather than being aggressive (in correspondence to Aries and Mars), is nurturing (in accord with the symbolism of Cancer and the Moon).
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Unread 05-03-2015, 07:25 PM
Bunraku's Avatar
Bunraku Bunraku is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Milky Way Galaxy
Posts: 4,886
Re: Astrology is the clock of spiritual maturity: Evidence included

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALRESCHA View Post
I don't think the planets decide our fate.
The planets' order is not the cause, but a giant fractal that represents all that has ever happened, all that is and all that will be IMHO. And it's in a place that everyone can see, that's why it's never wrong and easy to study.

It all comes down to this:


And I see the order of the zodiac signs as stages of development. I just love how you've put it: the clock of spiritual maturity! Now that would make a fine book title!

It all comes down to what? A mathematical equation? No, the universe is much more complex than that!
The argument is not about the planets, but fate is determined by not us. And that, you agree.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Unread 05-03-2015, 09:01 PM
ALRESCHA ALRESCHA is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: 18.2924N 109.2083E
Posts: 606
Re: Astrology is the clock of spiritual maturity: Evidence included

Thank you for posting so many replies!

My, my, I am not sure why you don't understand my posts. I never said any of those things that you imply. I also respect the traditional astrology, why wouldn't I?

The other stages come after the self actualization process is completed, don't you think?

And yes, fire purifies, but in a way opposite to water, I agree. I guess you didn't get my understanding of it. But, that's OK. I have never glorified water, nor Scorpios. I am not one of those Scorpio gang FTW kind of Scorpios, so I can't join the fight, sorry.

I already talked about the axis, so there are so many people in this age that are having trouble working on achieving what the age of Aquarius is about. Is it any clearer now?

At first, Maslow did present a 5 stage pyramid, but then included the rest later. You can look it up. Copy-paste any of the sentences or let me google that for you?

Now, I need to explain the formula, it's physics, sweety, not mathematics.

Potential energy equals the vibe two bodies make in the dominant gravity field concerning the distance between them. That is the ultimate formula, and formulas are simplified laws, right?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Unread 05-03-2015, 09:09 PM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 59,611
Re: Astrology is the clock of spiritual maturity: Evidence included

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALRESCHA View Post

At first, Maslow did present a 5 stage pyramid,



Quote:
Originally Posted by ALRESCHA View Post

but then included the rest later.
That's inaccurate ~ you are instead referring to Maslow's Motivational Model

__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JUPITERASC For This Useful Post:
Bunraku (05-03-2015)
  #18  
Unread 05-03-2015, 09:27 PM
Bunraku's Avatar
Bunraku Bunraku is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Milky Way Galaxy
Posts: 4,886
Re: Astrology is the clock of spiritual maturity: Evidence included

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALRESCHA View Post
Thank you for posting so many replies!

My, my, I am not sure why you don't understand my posts. I never said any of those things that you imply. I also respect the traditional astrology, why wouldn't I?
You accuse Emily of being a traditional (when she isn't), and then bring up traditional astrology for some reason and with the context, "This is a thread about psychological development, and I don't see how traditional astrology helps here." And that is the definition of implication, things that are never said but hinted at. Obviously an attempt to get at her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALRESCHA View Post
Thank you for posting so many replies!

The other stages come after the self actualization process is completed, don't you think?
So what method are you using to interpret the natural chart wheel? Just curious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALRESCHA View Post
And yes, fire purifies, but in a way opposite to water, I agree. I guess you didn't get my understanding of it. But, that's OK. I have never glorified water, nor Scorpios. I am not one of those Scorpio gang FTW kind of Scorpios, so I can't join the fight, sorry.
That wasn't a jab at you, but at sun-sign astrologers. Don't worry.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ALRESCHA View Post
I already talked about the axis, so there are so many people in this age that are having trouble working on achieving what the age of Aquarius is about. Is it any clearer now?
If you can prove that we are in the Age of Aquarius, then maybe it will be slightly clearer. How is the Leo in the DC axis somehow a detriment to humanity? How did people have Leo baggages when the age of Pisces, the age that Preceded us, is the age that we are recently coming out of (assuming we are in Aquarius)?
huh?


Quote:
Originally Posted by ALRESCHA View Post

Now, I need to explain the formula, it's physics, sweety, not mathematics.
Sweetheart, Physics is simply applied Math.



This is a quote from the page you took the image from (http://hsc.csu.edu.au/physics/core/s..._1/921net.html)
Quote:
It can be shown mathematically that the gravitational energy, Ep, of an object with mass, m1, a distance, r, from the centre of a planet of mass, m2, is given by: Formula for gravitational potential energy
Mass one multiplied by Mass two, divided by r times negative G

Numbers actually go into the variables. Calculations = Math.

Last edited by Bunraku; 05-03-2015 at 09:39 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Unread 05-03-2015, 09:37 PM
Bunraku's Avatar
Bunraku Bunraku is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Milky Way Galaxy
Posts: 4,886
Re: Astrology is the clock of spiritual maturity: Evidence included

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALRESCHA View Post
Potential energy equals the vibe two bodies make in the dominant gravity field concerning the distance between them. That is the ultimate formula, and formulas are simplified laws, right?
When relations (and in this case, mathematical models) are very generalized, they become meaningless.

Here is your own equation in use:
http://www.smarterthanthat.com/astro...-you-at-birth/
[quote]
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Unread 05-06-2015, 06:05 PM
ALRESCHA ALRESCHA is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: 18.2924N 109.2083E
Posts: 606
Re: Astrology is the clock of spiritual maturity: Evidence included

@JUPITERASC
dam.n, now you know what type of literature I use
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Unread 05-06-2015, 06:34 PM
ALRESCHA ALRESCHA is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: 18.2924N 109.2083E
Posts: 606
Re: Astrology is the clock of spiritual maturity: Evidence included

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunraku View Post
"This is a thread about psychological development, and I don't see how traditional astrology helps here."
Hey, Jupiter, this is your Pluto speaking. We are currently 150 degrees apart, by the orb of 144, and it's an A, so what's it gonna be? I get that your personal problems translate into this need to prove self-worth by taking such an attitude, but I am not your mom. \_(ツ)_/ Please do those that you kinda pick on and those other people that might like you if you change your attitude towards those that you pick on a favor and ask your mom if she loves you instead of acting like that so that when we fight you feel loved. Escape the the cycle. No need to walk on the hot ashes to prove worthy of the tribe either. And pulling braids should also be ancient history for you, don't you think? And I honestly say this with love. You are a good guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunraku View Post
You accuse Emily of being a traditional (when she isn't), and then bring up traditional astrology for some reason and with the context, "This is a thread about psychological development, and I don't see how traditional astrology helps here." And that is the definition of implication, things that are never said but hinted at. Obviously an attempt to get at her.
I was trying very hard to remain polite and friendly despite of what the lady attempted to do. I did read a topic on the traditional's forum and I noticed her posts there, so I assumed her to be it. It wasn't an accusation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunraku View Post
So what method are you using to interpret the natural chart wheel? Just curious.
Now, you don't seem very friendly, so that's asking too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunraku View Post
That wasn't a jab at you, but at sun-sign astrologers. Don't worry.
I am not familiar with the forums's history, but I find it hard to believe that there are Sun-sign astrologers on a forum like this one.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunraku View Post
If you can prove that we are in the Age of Aquarius, then maybe it will be slightly clearer. How is the Leo in the DC axis somehow a detriment to humanity? How did people have Leo baggages when the age of Pisces, the age that Preceded us, is the age that we are recently coming out of (assuming we are in Aquarius)?
huh?
I am not sure what you mean, but I'm laughing at some parts of the reply. Pick something that you can understand and I shall try to prove and explain using that example.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunraku View Post
Sweetheart, Physics is simply applied Math.



This is a quote from the page you took the image from (http://hsc.csu.edu.au/physics/core/s..._1/921net.html)


Mass one multiplied by Mass two, divided by r times negative G

Numbers actually go into the variables. Calculations = Math.
So, you can understand the formula? I am sorry for addressing you with such a warm word, apparently you are not as young as I thought you to be.
So what you're saying is: don't you banalize things, but it's applied math after all.
We are both right, but you got some sort of your argument is invalid hype going on... Ain't nobody got time for that!

And I too used to believe that the things are slightly more complicated than that up until recently. But that's not the case. Pick any interaction between two bodies and prove that you can't apply the formula.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Unread 05-06-2015, 09:50 PM
Bunraku's Avatar
Bunraku Bunraku is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Milky Way Galaxy
Posts: 4,886
Re: Astrology is the clock of spiritual maturity: Evidence included

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALRESCHA View Post
Hey, Jupiter, this is your Pluto speaking. We are currently 150 degrees apart, by the orb of 144, and it's an A, so what's it gonna be? I get that your personal problems translate into this need to prove self-worth by taking such an attitude, but I am not your mom. \_(ツ)_/ Please do those that you kinda pick on and those other people that might like you if you change your attitude towards those that you pick on a favor and ask your mom if she loves you instead of acting like that so that when we fight you feel loved. Escape the the cycle. No need to walk on the hot ashes to prove worthy of the tribe either. And pulling braids should also be ancient history for you, don't you think? And I honestly say this with love. You are a good guy.
Making up stuff from thin air, eh?

I just wanted to practice arguing before I take an exam lol. Questioning beliefs is a bad thing now ?
If you feel "picked on" then I'm sorry.

Quote:
I am not sure what you mean, but I'm laughing at some parts of the reply. Pick something that you can understand and I shall try to prove and explain using that example.
You never actually talked about polarities in detail in this thread, you probably talked about some other thread somewhere in the forum.

1. I have trouble seeing the ages having "polarities". If you check the age of pisces, there is no "Virgo" as a descendant. All of it was Jupiter's uptight ideals, even burning other people at the stake for having beliefs not like the church. The church was at full force. All of the negatives stemmed from Pisces, not Virgo.

2. Example: Age of Aries had no Libra polarity. All the negatives came from Aries itself, the age being too war-like, violent, and obsessed with conquest. It even started the Iron age, something that is very exclusive to Mars.


Quote:
So, you can understand the formula? I am sorry for addressing you with such a warm word, apparently you are not as young as I thought you to be.
So what you're saying is: don't you banalize things, but it's applied math after all.
We are both right, but you got some sort of your argument is invalid hype going on... Ain't nobody got time for that!

And I too used to believe that the things are slightly more complicated than that up until recently. But that's not the case. Pick any interaction between two bodies and prove that you can't apply the formula.
I was responding to you saying that it is not math. Formulas = mathematics. Physics is just a different context of math being used. It is an argument of semantics, so it's not very important.

Concerning the formula being useable: Yes, and? You put in numbers in the formula and come out with some other numbers. It doesn't prove anything by itself, sorry.That formula even proves astrology, and its common held beliefs (and the basis of astrology), wrong.

Edit, let me clarify: If you crunch the numbers, meaning putting in the masses of the planets into the equation, the results yield numbers that are far too small to have any sort of significant influence when compared to other objects, such as people, airplanes, even beds or even cups. Even if there is a relationship, it still cannot prove that it can effect our thoughts.

If the world were that simple, then so would astrology, but obviously that isn't the case, otherwise Sun sign astrology would he the pinnacle of astrology.


Yes I do believe your statements are somewhat invalid. Confusing symbolism with the literal, trying to build things on shaky and nonsensical grounds.

Last edited by Bunraku; 05-07-2015 at 07:08 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Unread 05-06-2015, 10:11 PM
Bunraku's Avatar
Bunraku Bunraku is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Milky Way Galaxy
Posts: 4,886
Re: Astrology is the clock of spiritual maturity: Evidence included

Also the stereotypes/sun signs was a reference to this thread:
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...ad.php?t=62608
Mars ruled signs are often very egoistic and you can spot them boasting about their own sign from a mile away. From Aries claiming they are the musclemen of the zodiac, like John Rambo in Rambo, to Scorpio claiming that they own death and are mysterious like Edward Cullen from Twilight. I never hear anyone else boast about their signs so much. Gawd.


Where is Emily anyways.

Last edited by Bunraku; 05-06-2015 at 10:23 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Unread 05-06-2015, 10:34 PM
Bunraku's Avatar
Bunraku Bunraku is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Milky Way Galaxy
Posts: 4,886
Re: Astrology is the clock of spiritual maturity: Evidence included

Astronomically, Age of Aquarius happens around 2600-2700.
Astrologically, Age of Aquarius happens around 2100, depending on which astrologer you ask.

I like the definition that it started in the 90's because that's when the internet took off, which is very Aquarian IMO. I don't want to wait 70 more years to be in the Age of Aqua, but that's better than waiting for 700 years.

Quote:
ut if we investigate when the Age of Aquarius actually begins or has begun, remarkable differences become obvious. The International Astronomical Union (IAU) dates the beginning to in the year 2601. Astrology declares the year 2375 the beginning of the Aquarian Age. The Anthroposophist Rudolf Steiner (1861-1925) and the spiritual leader of the Lectorium Rosicrucianum, Jan van Rijckenborgh (1896-1968), come to different conclusions. While Steiner calls 3574 the year of Aquarius, van Rijckenborgh indicates the year 1908 as the relevant date. That makes a difference of 1666 years.
Quote url


Quote:
The Austrian astronomer, Professor Hermann Haupt, examined the question of when the Age of Aquarius begins in an article published in 1992 by the Austrian Academy of Science: with the German title Der Beginn des Wassermannzeitalters, eine astronomische Frage? (The Start of the Aquarian Age, an Astronomical Question?). Based on the boundaries accepted by IAU in 1928, Haupt’s article investigates the start of the Age of Aquarius by calculating the entry of the spring equinox point over the parallel cycle (d = – 4) between the constellations Pisces and Aquarius and reaches, using the usual formula of precession (Gliese, 1982), the year 2595.
Quote url
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Unread 05-09-2015, 07:20 PM
ALRESCHA ALRESCHA is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: 18.2924N 109.2083E
Posts: 606
Re: Astrology is the clock of spiritual maturity: Evidence included

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunraku View Post
Making up stuff from thin air, eh?

I just wanted to practice arguing before I take an exam lol. Questioning beliefs is a bad thing now ?
If you feel "picked on" then I'm sorry.
Please, you have picked on me since I joined the forum. Your posts are still there. The thing is, I don't know how I feel about it But I am not upset. Somebody else started the fire and now you walk on the ashes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunraku View Post
You never actually talked about polarities in detail in this thread, you probably talked about some other thread somewhere in the forum.

1. I have trouble seeing the ages having "polarities". If you check the age of pisces, there is no "Virgo" as a descendant. All of it was Jupiter's uptight ideals, even burning other people at the stake for having beliefs not like the church. The church was at full force. All of the negatives stemmed from Pisces, not Virgo.

2. Example: Age of Aries had no Libra polarity. All the negatives came from Aries itself, the age being too war-like, violent, and obsessed with conquest. It even started the Iron age, something that is very exclusive to Mars.
I have no idea where if I even talked about polarities here. But lately, I have trouble seeing anything not having polarities. I should have had that in mind. But I am kinda losing taste in this debate, because I already know that you'll disagree no matter what I write It's just like not saying what I think happens with the other 3 signs, if I shared that, I would then have to impose my views of the Trinity on others, and that's not cool. But I will ask you this, why is the pyramid swallowing everybody if not because of the Leo opposition in this age?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunraku View Post
I was responding to you saying that it is not math. Formulas = mathematics. Physics is just a different context of math being used. It is an argument of semantics, so it's not very important.

Concerning the formula being useable: Yes, and? You put in numbers in the formula and come out with some other numbers. It doesn't prove anything by itself, sorry.That formula even proves astrology, and its common held beliefs (and the basis of astrology), wrong.

Edit, let me clarify: If you crunch the numbers, meaning putting in the masses of the planets into the equation, the results yield numbers that are far too small to have any sort of significant influence when compared to other objects, such as people, airplanes, even beds or even cups. Even if there is a relationship, it still cannot prove that it can effect our thoughts.

If the world were that simple, then so would astrology, but obviously that isn't the case, otherwise Sun sign astrology would he the pinnacle of astrology.
It is not necessarily about the masses and not necessarily of the planets. I said ANY two bodies. Luckily, I am not a software so I have pondered over the formula for a long time and saw symbolism in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunraku View Post
Yes I do believe your statements are somewhat invalid. Confusing symbolism with the literal, trying to build things on shaky and nonsensical grounds.
My email says you think I just make up things as I go along. Now that is new. I usually get the "bloody control freak can't even say their own name without triple checking it first". I admit that I have only shared tiny little pieces of fragments of my musings, but, come on? This topic is about one of my two biggest projects so far. And I am aware of my harsh Lilith transits, but it's unbelievable that I could ever seem to be that way. It's the opposite of me. But I'll take the blame if that's gonna make you stop picking on me I have no problem with doing that.

I do agree with the other two of your posts.

But I do not agree that it's written and I can't find where you said that, but I remember that it was this topic.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
astrology, clock, evidence, included, maturity, spiritual

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 11:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.