Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat

Chat For posts that don't have to do with astrological chart interpretation, but they're still important to you. Gossip, show off, hot topic, spiritual thoughts, Sun sign astrological discussions, chit chat: come in and share!

Unread 08-07-2020, 12:11 PM

Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
Do you think it's wrong for the OP to be able to limit a thread's posts to text?

Btw, J.A. retaliated by limiting a thread to memes-ONLY!
I am not supporting or un-supporting people, but the fact that people try to instruct how others have to contribute. I find that wrong. As explained in a couple of posts already, this is a public forum and so just because you start a thread, you do not 'own' it. That means that whilst you can request for text only or memes only, you cannot admonish others or condemn them for contributing in a different manner.

There is enough (somewhat unnecessary) regimentation on this forum already, which includes deletion or moving of posts because per the ppl in power, these posts are found to be off topic. Forum members, excellent at Astrology, have left this forum solely because of such over-regimentation. E.g. Julia Karmic Astrology.

Trying to impose (even more) 'rules' makes a thread lose its appeal because now i have to function/contribute the way you want me to. And why? It reduces the chance of a good discourse. If one can read a text, one can also glean the msg. from a meme. If you don't like memes or find somebody is overdoing it, move on. The thread What are you learning from Covid is full of memes, but not a single one from, but I just skip the many repeats of memes with the same msg. or respond to that msg.

Be very wary of those that put down or ridicule another's way of worship because the former serves only their own ego thereby expressing that their God and their practice is the only true and right one. Such practice is completely synthetic and organised with just one mission- convert and increase the numbers of their own organised religion or cult. It reflects the intolerance, megalomania and fascism of such cultism- a pure antithesis to spirituality and morality.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aquarius7000 For This Useful Post:
Chrysalis (08-07-2020), leomoon (08-07-2020)
Unread 08-07-2020, 12:32 PM

Some of the memes that have been posted on previous threads were so large in size that it obstructed the flow to such an extent to make the threads unreadable.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ukpoohbear For This Useful Post:
david starling (08-07-2020)
Unread 08-07-2020, 04:49 PM

Smile Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquarius7000 View Post
I am not supporting or un-supporting people, but the fact that people try to instruct how others have to contribute. I find that wrong. As explained in a couple of posts already, this is a public forum and so just because you start a thread, you do not 'own' it. That means that whilst you can request for text only or memes only, you cannot admonish others or condemn them for contributing in a different manner.

There is enough (somewhat unnecessary) regimentation on this forum already, which includes deletion or moving of posts because per the ppl in power, these posts are found to be off topic. Forum members, excellent at Astrology, have left this forum solely because of such over-regimentation. E.g. Julia Karmic Astrology.

Trying to impose (even more) 'rules' makes a thread lose its appeal because now i have to function/contribute the way you want me to. And why? It reduces the chance of a good discourse. If one can read a text, one can also glean the msg. from a meme. If you don't like memes or find somebody is overdoing it, move on. The thread What are you learning from Covid is full of memes, but not a single one from, but I just skip the many repeats of memes with the same msg. or respond to that msg.
There are contributions; and, there are deliberate distractions, some repeated identically over and over, that make no contributions.

I liked Julia, and was sorry when she left.

Last edited by david starling; 08-07-2020 at 04:56 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to david starling For This Useful Post:
leomoon (08-07-2020)
Unread 08-08-2020, 02:48 AM

Quote:
There are contributions; and, there are deliberate distractions, some repeated identically over and over, that make no contributions.

I liked Julia, and was sorry when she left.
Special demands and no distractions can be had on private forums. This is a public forum - teaches one tolerance and the art to ignore those that one feels 'deliberately distracted by'. I do it every time I visit my What are you learning from Covid thread
Be very wary of those that put down or ridicule another's way of worship because the former serves only their own ego thereby expressing that their God and their practice is the only true and right one. Such practice is completely synthetic and organised with just one mission- convert and increase the numbers of their own organised religion or cult. It reflects the intolerance, megalomania and fascism of such cultism- a pure antithesis to spirituality and morality.
Unread 08-08-2020, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Special demands and no distractions can be had on private forums. This is a public forum - teaches one tolerance and the art to ignore those that one feels 'deliberately distracted by'. I do it every time I visit my What are you learning from Covid thread
On this thread, no one's being restricted from sharing their own thoughts, quoting those of others, or sharing links to charts, graphs, pictures, articles, cartoons, and photo-shopped caricatures.
Unread 08-08-2020, 01:32 PM

Quote:
On this thread, no one's being restricted from sharing their own thoughts, quoting those of others, or sharing links to charts, graphs, pictures, articles, cartoons, and photo-shopped caricatures.
No one should be restricted from sharing in any manner they want to, as long as following the forum rules. Nothing else applies and no one has the right to restrict anyone and tell them how they are to post. If you find somebody's contribution "gibberish", you have the choice to ignore it and move on. You canNOT tell others - what is or isn't allowed and that they cannot post pics or memes. This is not your private thread. Full stop. If you want to continue trying to justify feel free. I have nothing more to add.

Your opening posts is an instruction through the choice of words. Sorry David, I am not going to agree here, simply because it is not right and you do not own this thread on a public forum.
Quote:
No pictures or graphics allowed. Feel free to express your thoughts in words, without images or pictures. If you have pictures, graphs, charts, music, or even memes you'd like to share, post a link. Keep the text size to size 2, and use caps or italics if you need to emphasize. No text art, or gibberish text art.

Last edited by aquarius7000; 08-08-2020 at 01:38 PM.
Unread 08-08-2020, 04:26 PM

I like how aquarius7000 is fighting against david_starling's fascit thread rules. Let the people meme!

https://antiqueastrology.wordpress.com/

You'll also find some tips for horary practice!
Unread 08-08-2020, 05:28 PM

Quote:
No one should be restricted from sharing in any manner they want to, as long as following the forum rules. Nothing else applies and no one has the right to restrict anyone and tell them how they are to post. If you find somebody's contribution "gibberish", you have the choice to ignore it and move on. You canNOT tell others - what is or isn't allowed and that they cannot post pics or memes. This is not your private thread. Full stop. If you want to continue trying to justify feel free. I have nothing more to add.

Your opening posts is an instruction through the choice of words. Sorry David, I am not going to agree here, simply because it is not right and you do not own this thread on a public forum.
Any forbidden words? Any restrictions on trolling?

In the Trad forum, no advocating for including the Outermosts?
In the Mod forum, no denigrating including the Outermosts?

All Capital letters is considered shouting, and shouting a random thought is unnecessary in a random discussion.

If all Capital letters is like shouting, then:

Screamemeing is like....overdoing things.
Unread 08-08-2020, 06:00 PM

I like the idea of one thread where people can come in and talk without having to weed through dozens of Jup memes monopolizing the thread.
The Golden Rule:The principle of treating others as one wishes to be treated. It involves empathizing and perceiving others also as "I" or "self". The Golden Rule will never inspire a Psychopath. Psychopathy is characterized by persistent antisocial behavior, impaired empathy and remorse, and bold, disinhibited, egotistical traits.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cold Fusion For This Useful Post:
AppLeo (08-13-2020), david starling (08-08-2020)
Unread 08-08-2020, 10:28 PM

A cute neighbour has moved here 3 months ago and tonight I find out we have a sun moon conjunction = soulmates
Unread 08-09-2020, 03:05 AM

I like memes. I like words. There is room for a meme free. There is room for memes only. And everything in between.

UK, cute soul mate! Close proximity. Have fun sister!
The Following User Says Thank You to Opal For This Useful Post:
david starling (08-09-2020)
Unread 08-09-2020, 05:41 AM

In less than 3 hours, Moon will conjunct Mars in tropical Aries @ 21 degrees 40 minutes.

Last edited by david starling; 08-09-2020 at 05:44 AM.
Unread 08-09-2020, 08:31 AM

Thanks Opal. I saw him at the shop and thought he was really cute and had not seen him around before. Then a couple of weeks later right outside the livingroom window I saw him get out of a car then a couple of weeks after that I saw him by his car again, I assumed he was visiting somebody nearby. But this time I wrote on a post it note my number and Ďcall me í and walked casually by and placed it under his window wiper.

Next day he messages my number and asks who I am and I pretend he was parked in my space and he said he wonít park there again and what car do I drive and I say well I donít drive and he said why did you message me then and I said just making conversation lol. Ahwuay, turns out he moved a couple of doors down about 3 months ago and we have some mutual friends. He continued to message me and add me on fb but Iím waiting until I get my hair done to reply again (lockdown hair).
Unread 08-10-2020, 01:11 AM

Moon will ingress Taurus in about a half-hour.
Unread 08-10-2020, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukpoohbear View Post
Thanks Opal. I saw him at the shop and thought he was really cute and had not seen him around before. Then a couple of weeks later right outside the livingroom window I saw him get out of a car then a couple of weeks after that I saw him by his car again, I assumed he was visiting somebody nearby. But this time I wrote on a post it note my number and Ďcall me í and walked casually by and placed it under his window wiper.

Next day he messages my number and asks who I am and I pretend he was parked in my space and he said he wonít park there again and what car do I drive and I say well I donít drive and he said why did you message me then and I said just making conversation lol. Ahwuay, turns out he moved a couple of doors down about 3 months ago and we have some mutual friends. He continued to message me and add me on fb but Iím waiting until I get my hair done to reply again (lockdown hair).
If he's into you, he's probably working out (lockdown physique).
Unread 08-10-2020, 03:44 PM

Hopefully saving up for the wedding ring
Unread 08-10-2020, 10:11 PM

Moon exactly Conj Urainus in one hour.
Unread 08-13-2020, 02:24 AM

Exact / Square in 5 hours.
The Following User Says Thank You to david starling For This Useful Post:
leomoon (08-13-2020)
Unread 08-13-2020, 05:28 PM

I think easy and hard aspects between planets are intertwined. Example: A can have the same effect as a .
The Golden Rule:The principle of treating others as one wishes to be treated. It involves empathizing and perceiving others also as "I" or "self". The Golden Rule will never inspire a Psychopath. Psychopathy is characterized by persistent antisocial behavior, impaired empathy and remorse, and bold, disinhibited, egotistical traits.

Unread 08-13-2020, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Fusion View Post
I think easy and hard aspects between planets are intertwined. Example: A can have the same effect as a .
What about if one or both are in Retro? This last Square had Mars Dir. and Pluto Ret.
Unread 08-13-2020, 06:05 PM

Strongly off-topic and derailing forum posts can be deleted. This is a random thought.
Unread 08-13-2020, 06:08 PM

Quote:
What about if one or both are in Retro? This last Square had Mars Dir. and Pluto Ret.

I think it would make it even more stressful.

Unread 08-13-2020, 06:15 PM

Cold Fusion, if they are intertwined, how would you describe the difference between an easy and hard aspect?
Unread 08-13-2020, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukpoohbear View Post
Cold Fusion, if they are intertwined, how would you describe the difference between an easy and hard aspect?

I think any aspect can produce either the positive and/or negative aspect of one another.

Unread 08-13-2020, 06:22 PM

So it depends on the person and not the aspect or planet etc at all?