Would this indicate an unpleasant encounter?

Milarien

I'm curious about Saturn retrograde meeting the moon in the first house... I've looked and looked and looked but haven't found any satisfying answers, although I have found a lot of contradictions about Saturn retrograde...

My thought is L1 and L7 meeting in the first house would be rather unpleasant... would that be correct?

Attachments

• 30 May 2021 astro.jpg
    30 May 2021 astro.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 32

IleneK

Premium Member
By itself, both L1 and L7 in L1's house, in a meeting/relationship question, would not imply an unpleasant encounter. It doesn't imply an encounter at all by itself, just a common interest: in L1.
That is to say, L1 in the the 1st implies L1's interest in oneself and one's own matters. L7 in the 1st implies L7's interest in L1.

By reception rather than by domicile, L1 receives L7 well.
But L7 does not reciprocate, lacks connection, is neutral.

In this question, L7 meets Sun by trine before L7 meets L1.
Sun is in 5th, which is the 11th from the 7th, pointing to a friend;
Sun rules the 2nd from the 7th pointing issues of money and personal resources for L7.

Last edited:

Milarien

Okay! So that would be prohibition then. So L1 is happy to let L7 into it's house but otherwise doesn't much care... did I get that right? Does it have to be money and resources, could it be self esteem instead?

Do you have a program that turns the houses for you, or do you have to count them all by hand (I have to do that... it gets very difficult.)

Thanks Ilene so much :)

By itself, both L1 and L7 in L1's house, in a meeting/relationship question, would not imply an unpleasant encounter. It doesn't imply an encounter at all by itself, just a common interest: in L1.
That is to say, L1 in the the 1st implies L1's interest in oneself and one's own matters. L7 in the 1st implies L7's interest in L1.

By reception rather than by domicile, L1 receives L7 well.
But L7 does not reciprocate, lacks connection, is neutral.

In this question, L7 meets Sun by trine before L7 meets L1.
Sun is in 5th, which is the 11th from the 7th, pointing to a friend;
Sun rules the 2nd from the 7th pointing issues of money and personal resources for L7.

IleneK

Premium Member
Please see my comments and answers to your questions below.

Okay! So that would be prohibition then. So L1 is happy to let L7 into it's house but otherwise doesn't much care... did I get that right?

Based on reception from L1 to L7, I would not describe L1 as inviting or happy. More like neutral or tolerating. L1 is interested in his/her self and own matters. L7 places itself in L1's house because L7 is interested, not because L1 welcomes or is happy about it.

Does it have to be money and resources, could it be self esteem instead?

The notion of the 2nd house as self-esteem is strictly modern, not used in traditional horary. My take on the 2nd is that the 1st is who you are; the 2nd is what you have, your possessions.

Some like to stretch the 2nd to the idea that we "possess" self-esteem. If you want to use modern psychological astrology with a Jungian bent, the 2nd refers to the individual's personal consciousness, of which self-esteem might be a part.

I'll leave it to you decide, but if I were delineating it, I would treat the 2nd as resources owned, and the 8th [the 2nd from the 7th] as resources shared/borrowed.

Do you have a program that turns the houses for you, or do you have to count them all by hand (I have to do that... it gets very difficult.)
I do it just like you, count.
I have never seen that feature in any software that I have used.

And I get it wrong sometimes because I forget that the 7th is the 1st from the 7th.
What has worked best for me is to just go slow and bring my attention to it.

With a little bit of practice you will get very accurate and fast.
I promise. :)

Thanks Ilene so much :)

Always fun to work with you.

Last edited:

Milarien

Thanks so much Ilene :) I hadn't realised it was a modern notion.

I was actually too busy getting confused about Saturn retrograde making it dignified, or less debilitated, or more debilitated.. and wow, there are so many different thoughts on that one.

I'm really thankful you pointed out the prohibition for me. I totally missed that. It's something I'm still working on.

Don't know whether that ends up in a meeting or not but I suppose a conversation about someone's joint assets... huh...

I learn a lot from you. Thank you
Mila

IleneK

Premium Member
You are quite welcome. You are thoughtful in your work and pose good questions.
There are a lot of moving parts [or actually bodies :) ]in astrology, and horary astrology really calls for clarity and understanding of those interrelated planetary dynamics [aspects]. It took me quite a while, kind of one step at a time, to be able to begin to see the interrelated movements among them.

I'm still not all that great at it, but I can do the basics. You are practicing horary a lot and thinking about it, and so you be able to see prohibition soon. It is often when we miss something that we will see it the next time, or soon anyway.

Keep up the good work and glad to be of some help.