Gems + Stones: Tridosha Affinities

aniketkno

But by my guess it would have to do something with your mercury is detriment which decreases your vata... you might want something that helps it up .... my guess is that you tire easily...

if you want to know how i deduced it.... http://www.astro.com/mtp/mtp64_e.htm
the houses behave the same way as signs (most of the time)
hence Aries= 1st house, Taurus = 2nd house... so on
if you see your mercury is in the 12th house... and it becomes detriment causes your vata energy to decrease ... so my guess is something to do with mercury... i am not sure if i am right...

hope dr.farr has more knowledge on this...

also question for dr.farr... how do you deduce which hand and finger to put the ring on....??

dr. farr

I hope I'm not interrupting and you should ignore me if I am, but what should I be using based on your methods and may you explain why too?

Hi!
We have been discussing application of stones using a jyotish (Vedic) model in the above several posts.

In your case, we would translate your Western chart indications into tridosha and then select stones:
-your ascending signs is Capricorn = Vata
-Saturn is strong for you and this is another indication for Vata
-Your Sun is detrimented in Aquarius and (I believe) needs energetic support; this = Pitta
-Venus and the Moon are also having "difficulties" in your chart, so this would indicate a need for Kapha support.

THEREFORE, in my opinion I think you need to select stones for the Vata+Pitta+Kapha (VPK) category; note that magnetite is one of those VPK stones, and I believe you are already using this stone.

dr. farr

Hand and finger placement: according to certain older jyotish remedial astrology teachings I have read:
-right hand = a day birth chart
-left hand = a night birth chart
-using the planets: first finger if Moon or Mercury is the leading planet in the selection of the stone; middle finger if it is Jupiter, ring finger if Sun or Venus, little finger if Mars or Saturn

...however, I myself recommend use of stones either as gem elixirs or as a pendant to be worn over the mid-chest region (near the area of the heart), in preference to use as rings (others, especially among remedial Vedic practitioners, however, are very enthusiastic about use of stones in rings or as bracelets)

aniketkno

Hi!
We have been discussing application of stones using a jyotish (Vedic) model in the above several posts.

The only difference between a sidereal (vedic) and a tropical chart is about 24 degrees clockwise rotation from a topical chart :sideways:
also wouldnt you say that his mercury is detriment in the 12th house?? just wondering :confused:

The fingers and hand was something i really wanted to know (along with many other question that follow my first few questions:lol:)! thank you! :joyful:
Yes i have also heard of using a necklace that goes right over the heart... :biggrin:

Oh and can you explain how you used the tridosha method on my chart... for example how you come to an understanding weather vata pitta or kapha is strong... this is using the western chart ... I understand that each planet is a certain energy and each sign is a certain energy, but which one am i suppose to use? the planet or the sign? also when you consider aspects, transits, progressions, etc. would that matter? lets say there is a jupiter trine, square, sextile, opposite, etc. to your moon in cancer which aspect would enhance your kapha (just an example) :andy::surprised::confused::eek:
astro_2gw_01_anonymous446689060-1.gif

you dont have to explain if you dont have the time... just many of the questions that pop in the brain... at the moment

Rebel Uranian

Hi!

In your case, we would translate your Western chart indications into tridosha and then select stones:
-your ascending signs is Capricorn = Vata
-Saturn is strong for you and this is another indication for Vata
-Your Sun is detrimented in Aquarius and (I believe) needs energetic support; this = Pitta
-Venus and the Moon are also having "difficulties" in your chart, so this would indicate a need for Kapha support.

THEREFORE, in my opinion I think you need to select stones for the Vata+Pitta+Kapha (VPK) category; note that magnetite is one of those VPK stones, and I believe you are already using this stone.

Am I actually allowed to use my Western chart for this since you mentioned Vedic?

I've tried meteorite and hematite, not magnetite, but both worked well and meteorite was the better of the two. Initially I was wondering what the purpose of VPK was besides as a base metal but now I know. I know dark metallic stones = Saturn, but would iron in this case = Mars?

@aniketkno - On my Vedic chart, my ascending sign is still Capricorn (Vata) and Saturn is still strong (Vata) so I don't think I'd need Vata support except to enhance the Vata I already have. I don't tire easily. I usually do physical exercise for an hour a day (likely more but I forget to time it sometimes) on average. That might be more of a Mars thing. In terms of Mercury-related things, I read and talk a lot and I'm teaching myself logic and philosophy and fun things like that. I've also read a whole book about nothing, by which I mean the concept of nothing, which actually is something and not nothing itself.

Rebel Uranian

I only asked two questions. Do you mean that you have questions? Usually I'm the one who asks most of the questions. But, if you really want to know: I might tire easily and just not realize it because I don't care.

I've had my Vedic chart looked at before briefly once.

Rebel Uranian

@dr. farr - On another thread I asked about fossils. Would they be Vata (Saturn) + Kapha (Earth)? (I think so due to the minerals in Vata + Kapha and the large amount of organic-type materials there.) Also, would you say that a meteorite or a pyrite ammonite, or even something else entirely, would work better based on my chart?

Rebel Uranian

I've been using meteorite for a while and I've never used magnetite. I was asking about meteorite vs. pyrite (VPK) ammonite (VK) and which one would be more specific to what I need. I really don't think I need as much support for Pitta as Kapha and neither of these will do as much for me as Vata, and I think pyrite combined with the state of being a fossil gets about this ratio of energy (Vata/Saturn as ruler of fossils #1, Kapha #2, Pitta #3.)

dr. farr

You could do a muscle test or a radiesthetic test (pendulum) to make the final determination between meteorite and the pyrite/ammonite (that's how I make final stone selections for clients)

Bikram

Gems + Stones: blue sapphire

Does the blue sapphire help in completing studies?
I read it somewhere.One or the other problem shows up whenever I aim to finish my studies.Is this stone essential in aiding educational success?
Please reply

Last edited:

dr. farr

Re: Gems + Stones: blue sapphire

Yes, but I would combine blue sapphire and yellow sapphire in order to obtain benefits of both Jupiter and Saturn.

dr. farr

Theoretically this is correct, but in actual practice they often work very well together. In classical jyotish, Jupiter and Saturn are "enemies', however, jyotish also lists several circumstances in which Jupiter and Saturn can become "temporary friends"; perhaps these circumstances relate to why these 2 stones in combination (or alternation) frequently give favorable results.

beginner

ok, thx Dr. farr

Theoretically this is correct, but in actual practice they often work very well together. In classical jyotish, Jupiter and Saturn are "enemies', however, jyotish also lists several circumstances in which Jupiter and Saturn can become "temporary friends"; perhaps these circumstances relate to why these 2 stones in combination (or alternation) frequently give favorable results.

dr. farr

Hi Dr.,

If you don't mind, could please take a look at my chart and advice about stones? Thank you so much in advance.

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/album.php?albumid=863&pictureid=4261

Quick look suggest need to support the combust Jupiter and Moon in its cadent 6th house (by whole sign) and in its Scorpio sign of Fall; strengthening Moon will also strengthen the Lucky Strike NN, posited in Cancer (ruled by Moon)

Therefore the possible astro-therapeutic stones could be:
-Yellow Sapphire (Jupiter)
-Pure clear quartz or Moonstone (or Larvakite)* (Moon)
-Hessonite (optional, related to NN supplementation)

*I prefer either Moonstone or Larvakite for supplementing Lunar influences