The most private house

wan

Hello. This isn't terribly important however I have been thinking about this, and I think it's kind of fun. So basically, which house is the most "private" house in the zodiac? I know it's gotta be one of the water houses, the only question is which one.

Imagine three people, they were all born on the same day but during different time-points. Their births were spaced apart in such a way that their ascendants are exactly 120 degrees apart. So they have the same placements of planets but in different houses (to be more precise, all of their houses trine each other). And lets say they have most of their planets in 4th, 8th, and 12th houses respectively. So who among them will be the most private individual?

Last edited:

Bunraku

I have planets that end up on those houses and I’m not very hidden. My presence is well known to those around me :lol:

Secrecy and hidden-ness most likely has something to do with the buried theme. The reason why the 12th house was called unfortunate and the house of hidden matters was because the portion of the sky that is the 12th house is often obscured by haze and pollution. That and any planets there will be hidden by the bright light of the Sun.

Combust planets too probably contribute to it, as planets are hidden from view.

4th house is beneath the earth, and underground, furthest away from the sunlight.

As for the 8th? It’s still day time coming from the 10th and 9th house, I doubt it’s that hidden.

6th also describes behind the scenes people, like those who work those service jobs that aren’t really emphasized or glamorized in society, so they’re invisible in that sense.

CapAquaPis

Except the 2nd (Taurus), the 4th, 6th, esp. 8th, 10th and most of all the 12th houses are under influence of feminine signs, and the 9th (Sagittarius) is a masculine sign ruled house while the others are not attributed to deep secrets, fantasies, dreams, desires, private lives and hidden traits of a personal chart.

Harmelia

Hello. This isn't terribly important however I have been thinking about this, and I think it's kind of fun. So basically, which house is the most "private" house in the zodiac? I know it's gotta be one of the water houses, the only question is which one.

Well, if we go with our traditional training, the cross represents our presence on earth - the ASC = Self, DES = Other, MC = the most social self, IC - the most private self. The 4th house cusp is the most private place. The 8th house is the unconscious realm but also the realm of deep bonds, and the 12th house is where we can connect more spiritually. In those houses, there is more connection to other even if in water domains. The 4th house is the most private house in the earth realm.

waybread

The 8th house.

I think the reason is because the 8th deals with matters that society finds it difficult to discuss in depth: death, sex, the occult, and how much you have in investments. 8th house sun people, in contrast, tend to be comfortable in these zones, but don't want to be censored or ridiculed.

Harmelia

Imagine three people, they were all born on the same day but during different time-points. Their births were spaced apart in such a way that their ascendants are exactly 120 degrees apart. So they have the same placements of planets but in different houses (to be more precise, all of their houses trine each other). And lets say they have most of their planets in 4th, 8th, and 12th houses respectively. So who among them will be the most private individual?

I wonder if the question was stated - what is the most private planet - would people agree that it is the Moon? That's what I would say. And then following that, I'd have to say, the Moon's house is the most private. Since those of us responding have a different sense of what is most private, then perhaps we need to define "private". To me, the Moon represents the individual consciousness itself - the soul of a person. So, for me, the Moon must represent the most private sense of self. Perhaps a person will experience whatever house the Moon is in as the most private place - or house. Just throwing that out there. Curious what other people think.

waybread

My moon is in Leo-- we adore other people's admiration. So that part is not private.

On the other hand, a wounded Leo will retreat to her/his den to lick some wounds, and avoid being subject to that kind of wounding any time soon.

I would also think of other moon signs being out-there in their own way. A lot depends on how the moon is aspected, as well as its house. An 11th house moon theoretically should have lots of friends, but if a sensitive Pisces moon is bombarded by, say, Saturn and Pluto, s/he's probably not so outgoing.

To me, the soul is bigger than the horoscope, so it cannot be defined by one planet. The horoscope shows what the soul hopes to achieve in this lifetime, as well as the challenges and assets it brings to the job.

Harmelia

My moon is in Leo-- we adore other people's admiration. So that part is not private.

On the other hand, a wounded Leo will retreat to her/his den to lick some wounds, and avoid being subject to that kind of wounding any time soon.

I would also think of other moon signs being out-there in their own way. A lot depends on how the moon is aspected, as well as its house. An 11th house moon theoretically should have lots of friends, but if a sensitive Pisces moon is bombarded by, say, Saturn and Pluto, s/he's probably not so outgoing.

To me, the soul is bigger than the horoscope, so it cannot be defined by one planet. The horoscope shows what the soul hopes to achieve in this lifetime, as well as the challenges and assets it brings to the job.

This is an interesting discussion. I guess astrologers will have their own private take on what's private. I have a Sagittarius Moon, and even though it is an extroverted sign, I still think of it as private. I think the Moon as private no matter what sign it is in. I do see it colored by the sign, but not the depth of feeling of it - the privacy of it.

Like you, I also think the soul is bigger than the entire chart, but I do think of the Moon as representing it more specifically - soulfulness, feelings, conscious mind.

Someone equated private with hidden - and I don't think that's how I see as private. To me, private means deeply personally felt as you - the naked you - the true you. This does not necessarily have to be hidden at all.

In a way, we are alone in life while also being intimately connected to others and even spiritually to humanity - and where do we draw the line between what is private and what is social/spiritual connections? I suppose this is a question that may never get consensus. But it's interesting to hear what others think! Thank you for the discussion everyone.

Last edited: