How to cope with 12th house planets

Ajinkya Ghatol

I cant live a free life. I feel constantly under fear which which rules my inside and thinking. I always feel the inside of my brain and back. I always want to go away from everyone. I dont want to face anybody. If anyone who knows me, I see him, i get very fearful. And try to avoid him. I just want to be alone. I have escapist tendency. My mind constantly kinks deeply. I want to live alone.I feel my life is like a curse. I dont have any materialistic desires. Pls guide me.
Date of bith. 26 Oct 1995
Time 08:33 Am
Place Amravati, maharashtra india

Saturn90

I deeply sympathise with you, 12th house planets can be too much challenging to deal with. As you have 3 planets there so you will face them quite often.
My suggestion to deal with them you can do following:

get a job in service industry or start volunteering there most preferably in a hospital.
if you can relocate foreign or travel do so.

12th house is self undoing if you will understand this theme you will most probably deal with it.

Analysis is based on vedic chart.

Best wishes

Starsareround

I also have 3 planets in the 12th house and I used to feel exactly the same as you. For me, I endeavored to “control” my mind, like cognitive behavioral therapy. I realized that most of the negativity was/is not “real” we can tune in or out. This is what the 12th house is like, a giant garbage river pulling bits as it goes, eroding the bank slowly. You can’t dam it up but you can recognize that it’s not YOURS to deal with or suffer, but collective consciousness. I know this won’t be much help when you are feeling like you do, but remember that the mind is very powerful and can actually save you from your fears.

Starsareround

I often wonder if those of us with 12 those planets are being tested more than others to develop our mental faculties in this way. Or is logic just my way of maneuvering the madness? I think it’s just a different way of handling it than the self sacrifice route, same end, different means. No matter what you do, I think you ultimately have to go on a journey to get to a place of peace. It requires action. They say “serve or suffer” but I’m not sure you literally have to become a servsnt or nun or selfless. I think you have to kind of train yourself but that may be because I am very mercurial and need to have a mental project/exercise to keep me happy. But I think no one can help us but ourselves. You have to journeyman it and discover your own path into the light.

**one caveat to what I wrote above. What I am finding now is that once you have figured out how to get yourself some peace as a 12th house person, people will just randomly start coming to you for help. I believe it is then our duty to help those people who make their way to us...hope some of this makes sense/is helpful

Last edited:

loveNlive

I often wonder if those of us with 12 those planets are being tested more than others to develop our mental faculties in this way. Or is logic just my way of maneuvering the madness? I think it’s just a different way of handling it than the self sacrifice route, same end, different means. No matter what you do, I think you ultimately have to go on a journey to get to a place of peace. It requires action. They say “serve or suffer” but I’m not sure you literally have to become a servsnt or nun or selfless. I think you have to kind of train yourself but that may be because I am very mercurial and need to have a mental project/exercise to keep me happy. But I think no one can help us but ourselves. You have to journeyman it and discover your own path into the light.

**one caveat to what I wrote above. What I am finding now is that once you have figured out how to get yourself some peace as a 12th house person, people will just randomly start coming to you for help. I believe it is then our duty to help those people who make their way to us...hope some of this makes sense/is helpful

What a compassionate reply - I too know how this feels. I only have one planet in the 12th house, but it is the moon in Cancer and is adversely aspected with a square to Uranus and a square to Venus. I used my mind to free myself, and like you, I was on my journey alone. I also found my Mercury during my healing process. I didn't know it at the time, but I used my Mercury placement and aspects along with Gemini and Virgo and literally changed my thought process. There always seems to be the answer to challenging natal placements within the natal placements. If that makes sense. The raw energy doesn't think or feel or exhibit emotion, it just is. We can do with it what is beneficial, there's ALWAYS a way.

Last edited:

loveNlive

I cant live a free life. I feel constantly under fear which which rules my inside and thinking. I always feel the inside of my brain and back. I always want to go away from everyone. I dont want to face anybody. If anyone who knows me, I see him, i get very fearful. And try to avoid him. I just want to be alone. I have escapist tendency. My mind constantly kinks deeply. I want to live alone.I feel my life is like a curse. I dont have any materialistic desires. Pls guide me.
Date of bith. 26 Oct 1995
Time 08:33 Am
Place Amravati, maharashtra india

A very tangible, practical thing you can do is to look at yourself in a mirror and repeat mantras of your choice that benefit for spirit. Like, "I am love", "I am strength", "I am courage", etc. It doesn't matter if you believe it or not. You are manifesting this into existence here on earth (as above, so below).
Another thing you can do is to create a short movie in your mind of you as the victor in any given situation and through your freedom the collective is free. The happiness that we seek from a 12th house perspective lends itself to sharing it with others once we found it.

I love your depth and honesty...take care

Starsareround

What a compassionate reply - I too know how this feels. I only have one planet in the 12th house, but it is the moon in Cancer and is adversely aspected with a square to Uranus and a square to Venus. I used my mind to free myself, and like you, I was on my journey alone. I also found my Mercury during my healing process. I didn't know it at the time, but I used my Mercury placement and aspects along with Gemini and Virgo and literally changed my thought process. There always seems to be the answer to challenging natal placements within the natal placements. If that makes sense. The raw energy doesn't think or feel or exhibit emotion, it just is. We can do with it what is beneficial, there's ALWAYS a way.

Hi loveNlive

I think the Moon in the 12th is a big influence in life! It's so wonderful to hear that someone else out there has shared this journey in some ways. It's really powerful to be able to proactively work on your inner world instead of just passively feeling it -which is the most comfortable/ miserable approach -to Moon in the 12th. I think the reason why there is so much talk about being selfless and helping others with this placement is that it is an anecdote to self pity and victim-hood. I think you can tell if your 12th house is on lower vibration energy if you are feeling sorry for yourself, or as though life has been unfairly hard on you. I'm thinking that helping others is just one of many ways (along with training your mind) to escape the 12th house trap. See the positive, or even neutral in life. There is a beautiful Yeats poem that I always think of in this regard:
Beloved, gaze in thine own heart,
The holy tree is growing there;
From joy the holy branches start,
And all the trembling flowers they bear.
The changing colours of its fruit
Have dowered the stars with merry light;
The surety of its hidden root
Has planted quiet in the night;
The shaking of its leafy head
Has given the waves their melody,
And made my lips and music wed,
Murmuring a wizard song for thee.
There the Loves a circle go,
The flaming circle of our days,
Gyring, spiring to and fro
In those great ignorant leafy ways;
Remembering all that shaken hair
And how the wingèd sandals dart,
Thine eyes grow full of tender care:
Beloved, gaze in thine own heart.
Gaze no more in the bitter glass
The demons, with their subtle guile,
Lift up before us when they pass,
Or only gaze a little while;
For there a fatal image grows
That the stormy night receives,
Roots half hidden under snows,
Broken boughs and blackened leaves.
For all things turn to barrenness
In the dim glass the demons hold,
The glass of outer weariness,
Made when God slept in times of old.
There, through the broken branches, go
The ravens of unresting thought;
Flying, crying, to and fro,
Cruel claw and hungry throat,
Or else they stand and sniff the wind,
And shake their ragged wings; alas!
Thy tender eyes grow all unkind:
Gaze no more in the bitter glass.

Apparently he wrote that for his love in a bid to keep her from worrying about aging, but I see it as a plaintive cry to all lost souls to not become hard and cynical and dark, but to always look into your own heart, and expand the joy there...

OP I know this seems like total rubbish from where you are now, but believe me I have been there, and the cure really is in your own mind.

Last edited:

Gemini888

Hi loveNlive

I think the Moon in the 12th is a big influence in life! It's so wonderful to hear that someone else out there has shared this journey in some ways. It's really powerful to be able to proactively work on your inner world instead of just passively feeling it -which is the most comfortable/ miserable approach -to Moon in the 12th. I think the reason why there is so much talk about being selfless and helping others with this placement is that it is an anecdote to self pity and victim-hood. I think you can tell if your 12th house is on lower vibration energy if you are feeling sorry for yourself, or as though life has been unfairly hard on you. I'm thinking that helping others is just one of many ways (along with training your mind) to escape the 12th house trap. See the positive, or even neutral in life. There is a beautiful Yeats poem that I always think of in this regard:
Beloved, gaze in thine own heart,
The holy tree is growing there;
From joy the holy branches start,
And all the trembling flowers they bear.
The changing colours of its fruit
Have dowered the stars with merry light;
The surety of its hidden root
Has planted quiet in the night;
The shaking of its leafy head
Has given the waves their melody,
And made my lips and music wed,
Murmuring a wizard song for thee.
There the Loves a circle go,
The flaming circle of our days,
Gyring, spiring to and fro
In those great ignorant leafy ways;
Remembering all that shaken hair
And how the wingèd sandals dart,
Thine eyes grow full of tender care:
Beloved, gaze in thine own heart.
Gaze no more in the bitter glass
The demons, with their subtle guile,
Lift up before us when they pass,
Or only gaze a little while;
For there a fatal image grows
That the stormy night receives,
Roots half hidden under snows,
Broken boughs and blackened leaves.
For all things turn to barrenness
In the dim glass the demons hold,
The glass of outer weariness,
Made when God slept in times of old.
There, through the broken branches, go
The ravens of unresting thought;
Flying, crying, to and fro,
Cruel claw and hungry throat,
Or else they stand and sniff the wind,
And shake their ragged wings; alas!
Thy tender eyes grow all unkind:
Gaze no more in the bitter glass.

Apparently he wrote that for his love in a bid to keep her from worrying about aging, but I see it as a plaintive cry to all lost souls to not become hard and cynical and dark, but to always look into your own heart, and expand the joy there...

OP I know this seems like total rubbish from where you are now, but believe me I have been there, and the cure really is in your own mind.
I love your 12H analysis so far. It looks like 12H people have this kind of angst that we can't put our finger on, especially when we are young. Young people tend to be more dependent and group oriented (I'm a young person too. My Gemini Sun and Mercury can intellectually know it, but my Aries Moon takes things personally and freaks out). So it's unthinkable that the power is within us all along. I kind of know it. It's just a matter of actually programing myself to follow it.

The poem is beautiful. I hope that the OP is still here to see it.

Starsareround

I love your 12H analysis so far. It looks like 12H people have this kind of angst that we can't put our finger on, especially when we are young. Young people tend to be more dependent and group oriented (I'm a young person too. My Gemini Sun and Mercury can intellectually know it, but my Aries Moon takes things personally and freaks out). So it's unthinkable that the power is within us all along. I kind of know it. It's just a matter of actually programing myself to follow it.

The poem is beautiful. I hope that the OP is still here to see it.

Yes that’s exactly it! When we are young we are so sure the answer is outside ourselves, and it’s heartbreaking to feel so far away from others internally and to sense that you can’t get what you need from them to feel whole. It’s devastating, like a howling, lonesome wind forever whipping around you wherever you go, and more or less constant fear. I know those feelings so well and I also remember feeling incredibly guilty always no matter what I did, like even positive attention from others was terrifying. Funny, because I’m very much like a completely different person internally now. We do transform from the inside out.