breaking the celibacy

Gwenyhfair

I´m taking a chance here and start a topic with a controversial subject. Mods may delete or move it....

It´s about sex. I´m a person with long celibacy periods and I just wonder what sometimes makes me break the celibacy. Logically I can say it happens when I like somebody enough and that person is really persistantly talking me into bed :D But it would be nice to discuss the astrology behind.

I think about what transits have been active then and wonder if anybody out there has similar experiences? I can remember two times when I decided to have sex after longer periods of not having it. Here are the transits:

Lilith opposition sun, mars square uranus (mars in H8), chiron conj node, mars & venus conj IC (my place). Pluto was trine venus, it´s a long term transit and said to possibly change ones views on sex. The effect of the transit is supposed to last a few years depending on pluto´s movement, but I had a short relationhsip when the orb was no more than 1 degree.

The transits of the other time I broke celibacy were merc&moon conj sun i 7H, venus con chiron, nep & uranus trine sun & saturn. That time I also had a pluto-transit, it was opp. my sun.

I´m not into celibacy for religious reasons, it´s for my own sake. Kinda difficult to explain, I guess I´m trying to learn what love is :)o the past 20 years). One night stands simply don´t trigger me the least and bad relations make me crazy and depressed (seriously). So I´m just better off alone. That means my periods as a celibataire can last for years. For me it´s just not so I have a fling everytime there is a nice venustransit. Certainly for some ppl, this is true.

It´s not that I don´t get "suggestions" during these celibacy periods. Some are even nice and I could accept them, but seldom do. Sometimes I think I could seduce somebody but opt out. To me it seems a bit far fetched to think that the plutotransits trigger me. If that is the case I guess I have to consider changing my behavior if I want to have sex in this lifetime, since plutotransit do not happen every day :p

starlink

Gwenyhfair, as long as we discuss astrologically what is happening to us sexually when certain planets conjunct other planets or the Asc., I have nothing against a thread where sexual behavior (or not) is being discussed. When we get into gory personal details, like how and whatever, then that is not acceptable. I hope other posters will keep to the astrological indications therefore. So you did just fine.

I once started noting every day I had sex, just to see if I could detect similar transits from Mars (obviously) or Venus and Uranus + Pluto thrown in as more permanent transits. What is actually important in triggering these moments of passion, is the Moon. Most of the time there were no similar aspects at all, but at times, the Moon transiting an aspect in my chart connected with sex, like the Pluto-trine Venus I have, with Venus in my 5th house, Moon going through Scorpio and conjuncting my Moon there(in my 12th house) triggering my inconjunct Moon-Mars (in 5 as well) it coincided. I would never however continue to think" Oh wow, Moon is going to trigger my Mars again, so that is a sure sign I will probalby have sex again". It just cannot be predicted I think, only time frames where this is more likely to happen.

When you say that you broke celibacy it was probably in a time where the other person seemed to be more than just a fling, it could just as well have to do with your own inner "choice" system. Maybe you thought "this is love", who knows. Maybe there were no Saturn transits during that time to your Sun to keep yourself disciplined;)

Flings dont come into account for you but something looking serious (and 7th house might give that impression when transited) does , so you then give in. Serious relationships dont come into one's life at a regular pace usually, so that's why you can go through long periods of celibacy.

I believe that with Sun opposite Sun, Uranus trine Sun and a long lasting transit from Pluto to Venus, a person is much more likely to get into a timeframe where having a sexual encounter is more likely than at other times.

I also believe that looking at transits, especially fast one's, is too much asked and I dont think you can exactly pinpoint a day, week or month where it is likely to have sex with accuracy. At most a certain timeframe (like: "in the next half year maybe", or "within a year or two").

Last edited:

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor
Good points Starlink. I've looked into this too.
Now what about people in partnerships who have sex every day? (and I believe there *are* some) ;) .
One could not see that in the chart on a daily basis, but one could look at the natal and perhaps see that the person will have a lot of sex in the lifetime-or maybe hardly any, depending on the fifth house and its Lord.
I have never been able to pinpoint with any accuracy, when I would have sex. It is possible to see when an *opportunity* to do so may present, but this is where free will enters into it.For example, you might have a lovely moon venus trine or something by transit and decide to stay home alone and listen to nice music.Had you gone out clubbing, you might have got lucky!:)
I think it might be possible to tell from transits to a natal when one may have sex for the first time-because thats a pretty big deal.It can only happen once.But just as we can't tell from a chart when we are going to read the paper, or go for a walk,or put on the TV, we can't tell when we will have sex. It's covered by house five, which covers recreational activity in general.
cheers,
Lillyjgc

starlink

I
think it might be possible to tell from transits to a natal when one may have sex for the first time-because thats a pretty big deal.

Solar Arc directions also give a good indication!

angeldust

i dont know why but it mihgt not be due to astrological aspects ,it may be due to some deeply burried wounds that u carry.
till example in my case as my moon is on the beggining of 8th house i feel toooo emotional when i have sex , that i sometimes avoid it too with new partners especially.I am completely different person after i have slept with someone i turn into the most vulnerable creature that i m imposible to handle.
As i m very introverted i notice these changes in my behaviour and i try to modify them but honestly its hard i can keep being the same person prior and after the intercourse.FOR me sex is sacred i guess .i m weird.....
Is saturn transit 7th or 8th indicator of long celibacy periods or just plain lessions through relationships?

Lin

It's not nice Venus transits which make us have sex.

First, you need to research the pattern in your chart which includes Mars (love image for a woman), the 5th house, it's ruler and other planets, and Saturn..... limitation, and if it connects with any personal planets in your chart.
Then you need to understand chemistry and astrology. We tend to be chemically attracted to people we end up having sex with. Certainly we can't fall in love overnight, and compatibility comes with time... so it ends up being chemistry.

With sex, as with many other things in life, you need one sender and one receiver. If the chemistry isn't quite there, or if one person sends a "no" signal, either overtly or subliminally, which, I suspect you may often send out, then it just doesn't happen.

If you post your birth info (date, time and place) I can tell from your chart if there is an internal pattern regarding "connecting" sexually, or if transits or progressions have been major contributors in this situation.
LIN

aquarius7000

I think it might be possible to tell from transits to a natal when one may have sex for the first time-because thats a pretty big deal.It can only happen once.But just as we can't tell from a chart when we are going to read the paper, or go for a walk,or put on the TV, we can't tell when we will have sex.
The latter part of this quote comes closer to what I think. I really doubt that any transit can be so exact (of the 5th house or not) or solar arcs or any other predictive method for that matter, so as to be able to tell an astrologer when a person will have his 'first time'. They could perhaps indicate just as they could, if a person is likely to have an accident and hurt himself. It's not just the question of free will, but also that a transit or an aspect is just a release (or blockage) of energy, which, in turn, can be applied for anything. So, even the most high-voltage energy of a Pluto-Mars aspect can find its release in disruptive anger, or Moon/Venus aspects their emotional vent in some other way than having sex.

My thruppence,
:)AQ7

Gwenyhfair

Mars is really my energy planet and some mars transits exhaust me, bring accidents or illnesses. And action in general :p Maybe it brought sex in my relationships too, I did not look it up then....

Mars is my 5house ruler. But my mars has and will be free of any transits from outer planets, as unbelievable as it may sound. Jupiter was recently conj and it will make som transits later on. But pluto, saturn, uranus and neptune wont be in touch for the next years. Venus had pluto trine last year and that sure had effect in thias matter:eek: I won´t have any transits from outer space to venus either in the next year. I was thinking about these transits from outer planets as some triggers in my case.

I´m aware of my limitations (saturn conj sun) , oh yes I´m a very troubled soul. Sure I send out those don´t come near me all the time. That´s my normal state. I was just wondering about what suddenly makes me NOT send out those signals, from an astrological point.

Angeldust asked if saturn transit houses 7 and 8 is a sign of celibacy or troubles in relationships. When I had sat transiting those houses I had big problems in my relationship, we broke up and I went into a cocoon of loneliness and sadness.

Last edited:

hermetic

lillyjgc said:
one could look at the natal and perhaps see that the person will have a lot of sex in the lifetime-or maybe hardly any, depending on the fifth house and its Lord.

I think it might be possible to tell from transits to a natal when one may have sex for the first time-because thats a pretty big deal.It can only happen once.

so, if the fifth house Lord is conjunct Saturn -> not much sex in a lifetime:confused: :(

as for first time sex, as starlink said, solar arcs proven to be very accurate for this.

as for the thread topic - I agree all transits must be backed up in natal for anything to occur. Clear indicators of this or that only go so far, you need to have potential in natal.

4leafclovah

Neptune can have that effect. Waiting for the ideal person and circumstances to have sex.

starlink

so, if the fifth house Lord is conjunct Saturn -> not much sex in a lifetime:confused: :(
I dont think so at all, but the person might be more careful and responsible when it comes romances and sex. Wont jump into bed with the first the best!

Gwenyhfair

I just have to tell sth quite interesting. Once I had sex after many months when I had mars sextile venus. The partner had venus sextile mars (transits within a few days!) and he had also had some pause be4.

How´s that:38:

Effie

Gwenyhfair said:
I´m taking a chance here and start a topic with a controversial subject. Mods may delete or move it....

It´s about sex. I´m a person with long celibacy periods and I just wonder what sometimes makes me break the celibacy. Logically I can say it happens when I like somebody enough and that person is really persistantly talking me into bed :D But it would be nice to discuss the astrology behind.

I think about what transits have been active then and wonder if anybody out there has similar experiences? I can remember two times when I decided to have sex after longer periods of not having it. Here are the transits:

Lilith opposition sun, mars square uranus (mars in H8), chiron conj node, mars & venus conj IC (my place). Pluto was trine venus, it´s a long term transit and said to possibly change ones views on sex. The effect of the transit is supposed to last a few years depending on pluto´s movement, but I had a short relationhsip when the orb was no more than 1 degree.

The transits of the other time I broke celibacy were merc&moon conj sun i 7H, venus con chiron, nep & uranus trine sun & saturn. That time I also had a pluto-transit, it was opp. my sun.

I´m not into celibacy for religious reasons, it´s for my own sake. Kinda difficult to explain, I guess I´m trying to learn what love is :)o the past 20 years). One night stands simply don´t trigger me the least and bad relations make me crazy and depressed (seriously). So I´m just better off alone. That means my periods as a celibataire can last for years. For me it´s just not so I have a fling everytime there is a nice venustransit. Certainly for some ppl, this is true.

It´s not that I don´t get "suggestions" during these celibacy periods. Some are even nice and I could accept them, but seldom do. Sometimes I think I could seduce somebody but opt out. To me it seems a bit far fetched to think that the plutotransits trigger me. If that is the case I guess I have to consider changing my behavior if I want to have sex in this lifetime, since plutotransit do not happen every day :p

Hi, I just read your post, and stating that I was struck would be an understatement the least! The reason being that I TOO display exactly the same behavior and have exactly the same mentality when it comes to sex just like you: extremely long periods of celibacy simply because i am looking for true love, and if it doesn't come, then I feel I am better alone rather than being involved in all the drama and troubles of superficial relationships here and there. Also, lately I find most men idiots for a reason. I am very much "female" and straight, so being involved with another female is out of the question. So, my options have to be straight males only, and most of them are very superficial and uncultured these days, unfortunately, not to mention unable to connect at deeper levels and truly commit. Most of them want you today, they think they love you, and after a month, they meet another female, and they change their minds like their shirts....I need some stability, and a man who knows what he wants and why he wants it and won't change his mind after the passionate nights are over....

I would like to see your chart and compare it to mine if you don't mind. I have been wondering for a long time now what is it in my chart that triggers these extrememly long periods of being alone, without a relationship and without sex. I do think of sex, but I prefer to be alone and abstain rather than having an one night stand with an idiot or a random person with whom there is no emotional connection or any prospect for anything deeper. Someone would think that because of my Venus-Mars tight conjunction, of all signs, in Gemini :)D ) that I would be a "ready-to-go" flirt most of the time, and that my love life would be very eventful. Well, I fooled you all proponents of the Mars-Venus conjunction!:p

Lately, being without a relationship for so long has become a cross I have to bear (for social reasons too, as friends and family exclaim "there is no one in your life still?" and I simply want to shoot them!) for emotional reasons primarily, but I prefer to suffer than getting involved with a superficial idiot who will waste my time.

Thanks.

Effie

OK, this theory about the 5 house ruler may be true after all because I have virgo ascendant, hence, my fith house ruler is Saturn (Capricorn 5 house) that tightly conjuncts my Venus-Mars conjunction in Gemini in the 9 house.

Gwenyhfair

Hey Effie,

I'll try to send you my chart.

When it comes to the fifth house -issue I really don't get it. Mars is my 5H ruler and I have venus and merc in H5:confused: But venus is square mars and mars is in aquarius. I guess that makes me an "on-off"person. I am a real flirt when it comes to certain situations. But I have to know that man and feel secure with him. I hardly flirt with strangers.

I also feel I want real love and someone who is ready to commit. Last summer I left a man who was perfect and said he wanted to commit. Problem was I did not believe him. For him commitment mean a "total mother-figure" it was just too complicated, he was not mature enough. I mean you find someone who is deep and longs for a lasting relationship, but then comes thesw strange quirks. Like NOT moving into an apartment of our own, and the woman just cooking in the kitchen and paying attention to his needs. AND being a succesful careerlady and not wanting any kids. What requests!?