Asteroid Medusa in Synastry?!

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone knew how Medusa plays out in Synastry.
I’ve heard that it can “turn people to stone” when it conjuncts one of their personal planet. In Synastry (with an acquaintance) I have it exactly conjunct their Sun and their Medusa is conjunct my moon
(2 deg orb). Is this as bad as it sounds?

Januarystorm

Re: Asteroid Medusa in synastry

what do you understand when you say 'can turn people in to stone'?

are you familiar with Homer's Iliad? THAT is what medusa did to Odysseus and his men- but i am guessing that cannot be interpreted literally as is impossible

so what would turning into stone mean then?

and as a sidenote- i wouldnt stress too much about asteroids- they have a significance but its minor in comparison to the planets (in my experience at least)

i have the asteroid Siren EXACTLY conjunct my ascendant for example- and i can promise you my singing has never- not even once- lured any unwary sailors to crash on rocks.

i am also not a winged creature disguising myself as a woman. that too i can promise you.

Hi Januarystorm,

Thanks fo much for your response. I am familiar with the Iliad, but I’m still confused. Sorry! How would this would play out in synastry?
To have Medusa on someone’s sun and their Medusa on ur moon sounds like it would be detrimental to both people. Perhaps I am misinterpreting the aspect. This is what I need help figuring out.