Final Emancipation: Vipareetha Raja Yoga

poyi

Premium Member
Hi all Vedic astrologers,

I was actually doing research to understand my 6th house regarding to my current health but then realized in the Vedic sidereal chart, my 3 degrees 14 Capricorn Moon in the 6th house is the ruler of the 12th Cancer cusp. And found the following cook book description. I would love to learn more if anyone willing to share their knowledge regarding to this placement.

Saturn as the ruler of the Moon, is in the 3rd house at sidereal as 14 degrees 52 Libra, and Sun is at 24 degrees 08 Libra.

Venus is in Virgo, placed in 2nd house at 7 degrees 43 with Mars in Virgo at 1 degrees 49.

Mercury is in Scorpio at 0 degrees 44.

The 12th lord in the 6th is a Vipareetha Raja Yoga which gives wealth, fame and all sorts of comforts. As the 6th happens to be the 7th from the 12th and is an angle from it, the native will be lucky with respect to 12th house significations which are expenditure, incarceration and Final Emancipation. Regarding final emancipation, if they work hard in the spiritual sphere success can be theirs. Their enemies will be vanquished. Some unwise spending indicated. They are advised to control their anger.
http://www.astrology-x-files.com/vedic/vedicastro26.html

Vipreet Vimal Raj Yoga
In the horoscope by virtue of placement of 12th lord in 6th, 8th or 12th house this yoga is formed. As a result of presence of this yoga the person is of independent spirit. He tries to always be happy and is good at accumulating money. He lives a just and pious life and makes an appreciable contribution towards the society. He is known for honorable profession, good behavior and conduct.
http://www.astrospeak.com/astrology...a-with-the-difference/articleshow/9406192.cms

I also have Rahu in direct motion conjoined MC, general resource I found also stated this as the last incarnation. I would love to hear any explanation of direct Rahu in natal chart.

Last edited:

poyi

Premium Member
This video explained the various types of Viparita Raja Yoga between the 6th, 8th and 12th. I want to know if his explanation in this video as reliable. I can understand the concepts he presented quite well. The idea of reversal of misfortune/fortune.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtCNs4gD70U

"This video is regarding vipreet raj yoga as in virpreet raj yoga, in jyotish which happens when lord of the 6th, 8th and 12th house are in 6th, 8th or 12th house. Rag to riches stories and reversal of fortune are some of the qualities of this yoga."

Viparita Raja Yoga = in the right place at the right time when things go wrong.

• Viparita Raja Yoga gives a sudden opportunity to gain worldly power through an unfortunate or negative situation.
  • For example, upheaval (8) in organizational ranks caused by the death or scandal (6) causing the loss (12) of a corporate officer, could provide the window of opportunity for sudden promotion.
  • When VRY applies, the obstacles which normally prevent one from obtaining benefits, such as enemies (6), conditions
Viparita Raja Yoga = fast and forceful.
Like Cinderella's magic pumpkin carriage and unlike normal Raja Yoga, VRY = situational and not constitutional.
VRY benefits do not sustain past the immediate occasion of the occurrence.
Other, deeper personality strengths must arise to sustain the moment of opportunity.

• To maintain a VRY-type sudden, power-vacuum promotion, one must have the genuine skills to do the job.
  • The Viparita Raja Yoga only provides the shocking change in a fixed environment which opens the door to power; but to keep the power, one must have a genuine Raja combination somewhere else in the nativity -- else the pretender soon will be deposed.
  • sometimes the Viparita " crooked" Raja Yoga implies a degree of schadenfreude = taking pleasure at the ill fortune of others.
    But normally the VRY native is not a malicious person at all.
    Rather, some event which harms others through no fault of the native happens to create a positive opportunity in the native 's life. And as always the native must possess the necessary assets - wealth, character, alliances -- to develop and continue the Viparita Raja Yoga "window of opportunity".
    Otherwise, the moment of privilege will soon expire.
http://www.barbarapijan.com/bpa/Yogas/Raja%20Yoga/Viparita_Raja_yoga.htm

Last edited:

poyi

Premium Member
I checked my boyfriend's chart. He has two set of this yoga.

The 12th house lord is placed in 6th and the 8th house lord is placed in 12th.

dr. farr

Regarding yogas and aristhas, I have become convinced that whether or not they are operative, and-if operative, to what extent-can only really be finally determined by the sarvashtakavarga bindu totals of the component elements of the particular yoga or aristha under consideration. Actually, this use of ashtakavarga criteria for the evaluation of yogas and aristhas is very ancient, but largely has been neglected over the past few hundred years in mainstream Indian astrological practice-only since a resurgence of interest in ashtakavagra (during the past 20 years) has this application to yogas and aristhas, again come back into (some) use. Personally I believe it gives THE key to determine the activity or inactivity of the many yogas and aristhas found in Vedic astrology...

poyi

Premium Member
Thank you for the information. So where can I learn this method? Vedic is very alien to me. But I also have great respect for knowing their methods are truly effective. I found the terminology is far more difficult then western astrology.

dr. farr

Easiest book is Aditya's "Dots of Destiny"; you only have to be concerned with calculating the sarvashtakavarga bindus (which can be done by hand using the table in the book, or which can be done by various Vedic astrology software programs-but I always do it by hand using the table in the book) What you do is total the sarva bindus (= energy points) for each sign: the total for each sign also applies to the house which that sign is "on", and also the total for each sign applies to the planet or planets (or Nodes) placed IN that sign: so, for example say Aries has 27 sarva bindus: say Aries is on the 4th house-that means that the 4th house also has 27 sarva bindus; say Mars is in Aries-that means that Mars has 27 sarva bindus: whatever the bindu total for a SIGN is, that SAME total ALSO applies to the house and to the planet or planets (or other horoscopic points) IN that sign.

Actually it is a simple method once the basics are understood: generally sarva bindu totals under 25 = detrimented, inoperative or otherwise difficult indications; sarva bindu totals between 25 and 28 (some say 30) = mixed or variable indications (also "average" indications) and sarva bindu totals above 28 (some say above 30) = dignified, strong or fully operative (or above average) indications.

Last edited:

dr. farr

Important Note: you can use this method with TROPICAL charts (which is what I always use) and it works just the same as with using sidereal charts (of course 98% of our Vedic friends use the sideral charts)-my pont is that the method works equally well with either the tropical or the sidereal zodiacal matrix.