Virgo represents our femininity

waybread

I’m saying exactly the same thing here , you’re turning the tables round now and playing the victim card that I’m packing words into your mouth “I studied astrology for 30yeArs” “so therefore your opinions or observations are not tolerated “ and whatever you say is wrong apart from my opinions “

LOL, GC, I am no victim! Where did I say that you are "packing words into my mouth"? Please give me the post number.

Certainly your views are tolerated. But I am entitled to express my own views on what you post.

If you do not like a sign then keep it to yourself ,

I like Virgo a lot, as I mentioned. With two terrific sun-Virgo children and my own Virgo rising, I think it's a great sign. I just don't think it is a good match-up with the ways you've posted about it.

this is why I get most of my information from professional astrologers cos some others out there will spread wrong vile informations about a sign they have a problem with , first you claimed you were a Virgo AC and is nothing like I explained which is fine then you suddenly move on to how Leos are this and that , and next thing you’re talking about how I’m disagreeing with you despite having the most accurate opinions and having studied astrology for years , like I said it’s not a competition,

Garnished Crab, a forum by definition is a market place of ideas-- not just one idea that predominates. You asked for feedback, so you have to accept the possibility that someone might disagree with you.

if I was as shallow minded as you claimed I would’ve first asked you for your sun sign so I can use it against you during our argument but no I didn’t cos it’s just astrology and not politics

:andy::andy: This is fascinating. Are you saying that you pretty much just focus on sun signs, and that you take a tribal view towards them?

Thank God, I'm an Aquarian.

david starling

GC, I note that you deleted two of your previous posts. This may make some of my comments seem out-of-place. Oh, well. Normally I stand by what I write. If I need to correct or retract something I will do it in a subsequent post.

In my first post I mentioned my sun-Virgo son. My daughter is also a sun-Mercury Virgo. I love and admire them tremendously. With my own Virgo rising, I think it's a great sign!

Just one that is easily misunderstood.

Two books I strongly recommend to get a discussion of signs on a more dynamic footing are Stephen Forrest, The Inner Sky; and Robert Hand, Planets in Youth (good for all ages.)

Forrest talks about each planet, sign, and house having an evolutionary goal or end-point. To him, living through a sign is a long-term developmental process that leads to more profound goals than static character traits. Hand focuses on aspects.

Aspects are really key. Someone with a tight square or opposition to an angle or planet in Virgo probably won't exemplify the popular delineations of the sign.

The "virgin" description of the Constellation known to the Greco-Romans as "Virgo" wasn't the Babylonian description.

It was the married goddess Shala, goddess of grain, signifying a bountiful harvest, and goddess of compassion.

waybread

No waybread is more centered on the fact that she doesn’t like virgos or Leos

I love my two sun-Virgo children. I admire their many talents.

I love and admire my sun Leo sister. I am happy with my Leo moon.

Each sign has positive and negative potentials.

Next?

waybread

Omg she’s an Aquarius ? I should’ve known!!!!!! Air signs especially the women are very pressed about gender roles and would literally tear you apart with illogical opinions if you do not agree with them , I came across a post on google with title “most feminine zodiac sign “ and the author who happened to be an Aquarius sun claimed that air signs were the most feminine, like delusional much!!!!!!!

Why are you so obsessed with femininity?

Femininity (like masculinity, or bi-) is an attribute. It's not one's ground-of-being.

Gender is a cultural construct.

As a hetero-normative woman (and allowing for age) femininity is part of what I am. I just don't define myself by it or obsess about it.

David, when we know we're correct, as fixed signs, we see no reason to change. :wink::wink:

My apologies to waybread ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️, if I sounded rude forgive me , I don’t like disrespecting my elders no matter what , in as much as we both don’t totally agree on one thing at least we’ve learned a lot from each other , and this is not about your sun sign but about our different perspectives on gender roles.....I’M SORRY IF I SOUNDED HARSH MRS WAYBREAD 😘😘😘😘

Why are you so obsessed with femininity?

Femininity (like masculinity, or bi-) is an attribute. It's not one's ground-of-being.

Gender is a cultural construct.

As a hetero-normative woman (and allowing for age) femininity is part of what I am. I just don't define myself by it or obsess about it.

I’m obsessed with it cos my birth chart is full of earth & water signs....I’m also very young and I love to learn more about what attracts the males haha, I’m still a naughty little girl that needs to keep her mind going with the beauty of life 🥰

waybread

No that’s not what she meant , she was saying Leos are arrogant and as a Virgo ac herself she isn’t as I explained and that’s not my problem but my problem is how she began sounding hostile , this is an open topic for debates but she immediately tapped into her detrimented Aquarius sun by being dogmatic

Here's what I actually wrote in my post 12:

Also, keep in mind that not all Leos are natural leaders. Some are too arrogant and bossy. More often, a solar Leo faces an affliction that causes the lions to retreat to the dens.

This was in response to your brief list of Leo character traits: leadership and sassy.

the Sun is the most masculine planet but because it rules Leo doesn’t mean Leo is the most masculine, Aries & Capricorn for example have very manly personalities, Leos are very sassy , refined and you know clean clean and that’s not as masculine as Aries

GC, by this point, one thing I see missing from your posts (apart from accuracy) is the core value of astrology: that we must look at the entire chart.

Also, that each sign potentially has positive and negative attributes.

You seem to focus on sun-sign astrology and to view sun signs as tribes.

BTW, if I am speaking through any planet it is probably Mercury, with its penchant for actual facts, not made-up or wished-for Neptunian myths.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

In our birth chart apart from the feminine planets Venus which was regarded as Virgo (Ishtar) in her constellation and Moon Virgo’s esoteric ruler....the Virgo zodiac represents our feminine energy and feminine features

Feminine energy is the healer of the universe which Virgo is known as

Feminine energy is all about going with the flow of life which leads us to Virgo’s mutable energy

Lastly Femininity is dainty ,innocent, modest and sensual looking which is the Virgo sign

NAMASTE 🙏

I would love to hear from everyone
since this thread is posted on our traditional board :smile:
traditionally therefore:

Introduction to Hellenistic Astrology Part I - Zodiac

The image of the Maiden is feminine, nocturnal, double-bodied, human, winged, common, eloquent, infertile, incomplete, handsome, standing and of the south wind. It indicates exchanges, affairs, eloquence, trade and mysticism. Depending on the placement of the houseruler, men born under the influence of Virgo are large, well-proportioned and graceful, articulate, meticulous, popular, mystical, temperate, with fine face, fine straight body, round beautiful bright eyes, drawn nostrils, fine lips because the Maiden is charming in conversation, exchanging, thick chin, bright hair, useful, industrious, pure, modest, well-educated, lovers of learning, always ready to do everything when provoked, writers, physicians, business expediters, administrators of goods, stewards, secretaries, accountants, workers in fields, actors, astrologers, spendthrifts in youth, but who become prosperous over the course of time.

Domicile and exaltation of Mercury, depression of Venus, it controls the abdomen, the vestibular system, the gustatory system and the auditory system. It is equinoctial, like-empowered with Pisces, like-ascending with Leo and like-engirding with Gemini, tall in the Northern Hemisphere and short in the Southern Hemisphere. It is autumnal, cold and dry for the north, and vernal, hot and moist for the south. Virgo controls Babylonia, Mesopotamia, Assyria, Hellas, Achaia and Crete. The head and the shoulders are rising up to the 7th degree, the hands, the abdomen and the wings up to the 17th, the lower parts up to the 21st, the robe up to the 28th, the feet and Spica up to the 30th.

The first 7° belong to Mercury - teachers, philosophers, mathematicians
The next 10° belong to Venus - cheerful, freedom from oppression and care
The next 4° belong to Jupiter - notable and with friendships
The next 7° belong to Mars - brilliant, some belong to the military or tribunals
The final 2° belong to Saturn - ups and downs, notable, risks

Head and Zavijava - Mercury and moderately Mars
Southern Wing and Girdles - Mercury and moderately Venus
Vindemiatrix - Saturn and Mercury
Feet - Mercury and moderately Mars
Spica - Venus and moderately Mars

Such, then, are the observations of the effects of the stars as made by our predecessors.

Bibliography:
Ludwich, A. (Ed.). (1877). Maximi et Ammonis carminum De actionum auspiciis reliquiae: accedunt Anecdota astrologica. BG Teubneri. Retrieved from
https://archive.org/details/maximietammonisc00ludw/page/n3
Manilius, & Goold, G. P. (1985). Astronomica. BG Teubner.
Robbins, F. E. (1940). Ptolemy: Tetrabiblos. William Heinmann, London. Retrieved from
http://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer/E/Roman/Texts/Ptolemy/Tetrabiblos/home.html
Schmidt, R. The Astrological Record of the Early Greek Sages. Project Hindsight.
Valens, V. Anthologia. Translated by Mark Riley. Retrieved from
https://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/Vettius Valens entire.pdf

waybread

My apologies to waybread ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️, if I sounded rude forgive me , I don’t like disrespecting my elders no matter what , in as much as we both don’t totally agree on one thing at least we’ve learned a lot from each other , and this is not about your sun sign but about our different perspectives on gender roles.....I’M SORRY IF I SOUNDED HARSH MRS WAYBREAD 😘😘😘😘

Oh, no problem. In a debate people have to speak the truth as they see it, or it's just a time-wasting trivial conversation.

You spoke the truth as you see it, which I respect. And so did I.

JUPITERASC

This was in response to your brief list of Leo character traits: leadership and sassy.
GC, by this point, one thing I see missing from your posts (apart from accuracy) is the core value of astrology: that we must look at the entire chart.
Also, that each sign potentially has positive and negative attributes

BTW, if I am speaking through any planet it is probably Mercury, with its penchant for actual facts, not made-up or wished-for Neptunian myths.

"...Sun sign astrology..." is Modernistic :smile:
for those unaware, this thread is on our Traditional Board
and
Traditionally:

Introduction to Hellenistic Astrology Part I - Zodiac

The image of the Lion is masculine, diurnal, solid, terrestrial, quadrupedal, feral, royal, vocal, semi-infertile, passionate, fierce, running and of the north wind. It indicates action, reputation, superiors, harsh matters and quarrels. Depending on the placement of the houseruler, men born under the influence of Leo are large, distinguished, independent, reliable, just, despising flattery, haughty, irascible, daring, with fine face, smooth, small ears because the Lion rarely listens to the talk of others, higher upper part of the body, thin-set teeth, rugged, flushy, bright, imperious, stable, haters of evil, beneficent and inflated with lofty thoughts. The front is robust, but the back is weaker.

Domicile of Sun, it controls the sides, the circulatory system, the nervous system and the eyesight, especially the right eye. It causes blindness on account of the Coma Star Cluster. It is like-empowered with Aries and like-ascending with Virgo, tall in the Northern Hemisphere and short in the Southern Hemisphere. It is summery, hot and dry for the north, and wintry, cold and moist for the south. Leo commands Libra for the north and obeys it for the south. Leo controls Italy, Gaul, Apulia, Phoenicia, Chaldaea and Orchenia. The head and Regulus are rising up to the 6th degree, the front up to the 11th, the belly up to the 18th, the back up to the 24th, and the tail up to the 30th.

The first 6° belong to Jupiter - elevation, friendships with superiors
The next 5° belong to Venus - good fortune, friendships with superiors
The next 7° belong to Saturn - magnitude, of many years, infertile
The next 6° belong to Mercury - intelligent, some are winners of games
The final 6° belong to Mars - misfortune, dangers, passionate

Head - Saturn and moderately Mars
Throat - Saturn and moderately Mercury
Regulus - Jupiter and Mars
Hip and Denebola - Saturn and Venus
Thighs - Venus and moderately Mercury

Such, then, are the observations of the effects of the stars as made by our predecessors.

Bibliography:
Ludwich, A. (Ed.). (1877). Maximi et Ammonis carminum De actionum auspiciis reliquiae: accedunt Anecdota astrologica. BG Teubneri. Retrieved from
https://archive.org/details/maximiet...00ludw/page/n3
Manilius, & Goold, G. P. (1985). Astronomica. BG Teubner.
Robbins, F. E. (1940). Ptolemy: Tetrabiblos. William Heinmann, London. Retrieved from
http://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer/...blos/home.html
Schmidt, R. The Astrological Record of the Early Greek Sages. Project Hindsight.
Valens, V. Anthologia. Translated by Mark Riley. Retrieved from
https://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt...s%20entire.pdf

Also, that each sign potentially has positive and negative attributes.

There’s still a lot of accuracy in my observations and I don’t focus on sun sign alone tho but let’s just let it be 🥰