How will the relationship advance?

lunaluna

Hi! This is my friend's chart. I did take a look at the chart and come up with my own interpretation, but I am an amateur astrologist at best, so I would really appreciate someone more experienced also taking a look at this.

The chart: https://imgur.com/a/tSqVZl1

Background: She has been in a relationship with someone she met online for 5 months now. Everything is great for now, they talk every day, her bf is very affectionate, treats her very well, they have plans to travel together this summer, they have already planned the trip they will take together.

My interpretation: I told my friend it's too early to say anything much, horaries aren't long-term and for now it doesn't look like much will happen, she can ask at a different time. Not a lot of aspects - also suggesting there won't be much going on for now.

The reason I decided to post this here is that the 7th house situation is a bit confusing.
Mars is his 5th ruler and Venus is her 5th ruler and they have just separated from conjunction in her 7th, his 1st. Don't really know how to interpret this? Is it just showing that they are in a relationship or there's more to this?

Also, both of his significators are in the 9th, makes sense since they are far from each other, confusing because Saturn feels good there, he's at home but Sun doesn't, Sun is in detriment. Part of him is okay with them being apart, part of him isn't?

If you haven't noticed so far, this chart is really confusing me. Maybe it's because it's too early to say, maybe it's actually not a valid chart so maybe I made a mistake by looking for answers here.

What do you think?

Last edited:

ElenaJ

Actually, this is a good question for horary.
Did your friend ask the question personally, so they are the ascendent?
Or are you asking for them?

ElenaJ

Ok, so she is moon, he is Saturn.
Moon is approaching an opposition to Neptune, disappointment.
Moon is in the 4th of endings.
The ascendent at the first degree of a sign, could mean it is too early to judge.
It could also indicate a recent change in the situation.
If we take the second case, Saturn isn't really doing anything. It is, as you wrote, in the 9th so overseas, far away and fixed there.
Also, if we look at her house of travels and communications, the 3rd, its ruler, sun, is about to change signs, so changing position. It separates from a square to the moon's nodes. He seems to already have decided to stop communicating.
He is in his 3rd (the 9th of the chart) and is sitting there but not active.
The 4th of endings is ruled by mercury who will square Uranus, of separations. Mercury is also communications.
Note that Saturn's last aspect was a square to Uranus!
It doesn't look like it is going anywhere, judging from this chart.
Sorry.

lunaluna

Based on what I know about their relationship - he is not likely to stop communicating with her, in fact, he is constantly afraid she will break up with him, not the other way around.
However, she had thoughts of breaking up - she does care for him but she doesn't like being in an online relationship and not having a plan for it to stop being online, except for a trip together here and there.

This is also why I found this horary confusing. It's a close friend of mine, so I do have details about the relationship. The trip was his idea, he is really really affectionate with her, he treats her really really well and keeps telling her he wants them to spend years together. Online for now, first meet, spend some time together, and then make plans for the future. His last long-term relationship also started online and they only started living together after about a year.

I've met him during one of their talks. He seems like a really nice person and he is quite serious. He is also a teacher, so being represented by Saturn is on point.

Any thoughts on this, Elena? Thank you

ElenaJ

For one thing, being a teacher is the 9th house, so this explains one detail of the chart.
Also, with the early degree on the ascendent, there is always the possibility that the chart is too early to judge.

lunaluna

For one thing, being a teacher is the 9th house, so this explains one detail of the chart.
Also, with the early degree on the ascendent, there is always the possibility that the chart is too early to judge.

I would say so, too. Thank you!

IleneK

Premium Member
I have to agree with Elena's assessment. Mine is much simpler.
There is something obviously happening based on the general symbolism of MarsVenus in very close in the 7th. But they are parting, not coming together.

The significators for her/Moon and him/Saturn tell a larger story, though, if the story is to be believed
icon7.gif
Moon and Saturn are so far from relating to one another by aspect, five signs apart, when the two planets' aspecting is so important. And the reception between them is so indifferent. It really makes me wonder if online communication, not matter how kind and frequent, ever really forms the basis for being in an actual embodied relationship.
I only say this because this chart is SO different from what you describe. It gives me pause.

I do wish you and your friend well.

lunaluna

I only say this because this chart is SO different from what you describe. It gives me pause.

I know! That was definitely not what I was expecting to see! Can we truly say we know someone if we met them online? I also had an online relationship, that didn't turn out well. :biggrin:

But my friend's relationship is everything I wanted mine to be!
We'll see how it turns out. I'll make sure to update.

ElenaJ

Just a side point, moon approaching opposition to Neptune is a warning sign.
Not saying anything about this particular person, but there are many many cases of people (usually women) being wooed and won online and it turns out to be all smoke and mirrors (like Neptune).
As you say, can we truly say we know someone if we met only online?
It's hard enough to do in person!
Have you read about the recent series on the Tinder Swindler? Case in point

lunaluna

Just a side point, moon approaching opposition to Neptune is a warning sign.
Not saying anything about this particular person, but there are many many cases of people (usually women) being wooed and won online and it turns out to be all smoke and mirrors (like Neptune).
As you say, can we truly say we know someone if we met only online?
It's hard enough to do in person!
Have you read about the recent series on the Tinder Swindler? Case in point

He's a guy approaching his 40s that lives a quiet life. A teacher, going to visit his mother and best friend every other week. Travels during summer vacation, usually goes on hikes. Has plenty of hobbies. Serious but with a great sense of humor, makes people around him be at ease. Has a hard time telling no to people, fear of conflict.
He's been there for my friend, for example when she was stuck in a foreign country, he got her out and was on the phone with her the whole night. Keeps telling her she is the best girlfriend he has ever had and that he is proud of her.

And the chart tells... well, none of that :lol::lol::lol:

All this to say, I understand your concerns. I really don't think he is a bad person or that he wants to hurt her.

ElenaJ

This is why a relationship synastry chart with two charts for two people works better. Of course, if you don’t have the birthdata for both persons, then an event horary chart is the next best thing. But the synastry will show the pitfalls and strengths of the relationship and thus with show where the relationship is going.

That's a thought, Synastry can tell a lot about compatibility. It can't answer the question, though. Good synastry charts can end, while bad ones continue a life time.

One consideration, this is a horary thread so if a synastry is to be done, possibly the thread would have to be moved.
Not sure, the moderator would decide this.

IleneK

Premium Member
He's a guy approaching his 40s that lives a quiet life. A teacher, going to visit his mother and best friend every other week. Travels during summer vacation, usually goes on hikes. Has plenty of hobbies. Serious but with a great sense of humor, makes people around him be at ease. Has a hard time telling no to people, fear of conflict.
He's been there for my friend, for example when she was stuck in a foreign country, he got her out and was on the phone with her the whole night. Keeps telling her she is the best girlfriend he has ever had and that he is proud of her.

And the chart tells... well, none of that :lol::lol::lol:

All this to say, I understand your concerns. I really don't think he is a bad person or that he wants to hurt her.
Truly and sincerely no disrespect intended in any way. But how can you or your friend possibly know if any of this is really true:

when your friend only online with him?

She can't know what his life is like.
If she is online with him 2-3 hours a day she's not there 20+ hours of his day. You and she have almost no way of knowing if any of this is true.

I'll be silent now and I hope I have not caused offense. It is not my intention.

lunaluna

Don't worry, I really didn't get offended as the points you raise are legitimate.

They talk for several hours every night but they text throughout the day. He sends her messages throughout the day - when he wakes up, in between classes, he tells her the exact time he'll be home every day. Sometimes they send pictures to each other, he sent her pictures from his mom's place, his friend's place etc...

Of course, he could still be lying, I just don't see why. He is not demanding anything of her, he hasn't shown or done anything that could point to him being sketchy.

ElenaJ

Don't worry, I really didn't get offended as the points you raise are legitimate.

They talk for several hours every night but they text throughout the day. He sends her messages throughout the day - when he wakes up, in between classes, he tells her the exact time he'll be home every day. Sometimes they send pictures to each other, he sent her pictures from his mom's place, his friend's place etc...

Of course, he could still be lying, I just don't see why. He is not demanding anything of her, he hasn't shown or done anything that could point to him being sketchy.

Actually, I had the same thoughts a IleneK.
The situation you describe is not "normal", in the sense that it is too overwhelming, too intense. It is emotional saturation.
Sometimes nothing goes off for two or three years.
Anyway, hopefully it isn't this.

lunaluna

Actually, I had the same thoughts a IleneK.
The situation you describe is not "normal", in the sense that it is too overwhelming, too intense. It is emotional saturation.
Sometimes nothing goes off for two or three years.
Anyway, hopefully it isn't this.

I have to admit I didn't really understand what you meant here :D