10 degrees Libra

Rayek

I was messing around with looking at Sabian Symbols using my husband's chart along with three ex boyfriend's charts and I ran across something odd.

Each one of them has a sign in 9-10 degrees Libra (which according to the sticky get's rounded to 10 degrees Libra).

Is it just a weird coincidence or does that mean something?

Rayek

Have you looked at your midpoints?

Sun/Moon
Asce/MH

Asce/sun
Moon/asce
MH/sun
MH/moon

T

ummmmm.... no?
<-noob

How could knowing the detailed information on those areas explain the correlation? In general, not specifics.

sdh3

Do you mean has a planet (or something else significant) located in the area of 9 Libra to 10 Libra? If so, the Sabian symbols will vary because that's a two degree span.

Anything that is 9 LIbra is rounded up to Libra 10 which Marc Jones originally gave as "a canoe approaching safety through dangerous waters." Any planet (or anything else important) located at 10 Libra would round up to the symbol Libra 11 which Jones gave as "a professor peering over his glasses."

Hope this helps.

Chirongirl

I was messing around with looking at Sabian Symbols using my husband's chart along with three ex boyfriend's charts and I ran across something odd.

Each one of them has a sign in 9-10 degrees Libra (which according to the sticky get's rounded to 10 degrees Libra).

Is it just a weird coincidence or does that mean something?

10 Degree Libra is the Point of the Fixed star Vendametrix, which is known as the Star of Widowhood.

Rayek

Do you mean has a planet (or something else significant) located in the area of 9 Libra to 10 Libra? If so, the Sabian symbols will vary because that's a two degree span.

Anything that is 9 LIbra is rounded up to Libra 10 which Marc Jones originally gave as "a canoe approaching safety through dangerous waters." Any planet (or anything else important) located at 10 Libra would round up to the symbol Libra 11 which Jones gave as "a professor peering over his glasses."

Hope this helps.
Has a significant planet, and I meant 9 point something degrees which gets rounded up to 10.

Just thought it was an odd coincidence that four people I have dated had at least one planet with this same degree in Libra... makes me wonder if there's something that attracts me about that specific degree. And if anyone would have any ideas as to why I might be attracted to people with that.

I mean, yeah, my Venus is in Libra... so I'm going to like Libra, right? But there are 30 degrees in Libra, so why does that one keep popping up?

Although, what Chirongirl said doesn't seem like it bodes well... might research that star and see if it might provide an answer.

sdh3

Has a significant planet, and I meant 9 point something degrees which gets rounded up to 10.

Just thought it was an odd coincidence that four people I have dated had at least one planet with this same degree in Libra... makes me wonder if there's something that attracts me about that specific degree. And if anyone would have any ideas as to why I might be attracted to people with that.

I mean, yeah, my Venus is in Libra... so I'm going to like Libra, right? But there are 30 degrees in Libra, so why does that one keep popping up?

Although, what Chirongirl said doesn't seem like it bodes well... might research that star and see if it might provide an answer.

I'm guessing there are two explanations--(1) something in your own chart aspects Libra 10 and (2) the "content" of that symbol is also highly relevant, i.e. something in it "resonates" with you.

As an example of point 1, my significant other and my three best friends over the last decade all have their Sun within 1-2 degrees of my descendant. I suspect something like that is happening in your case as well, bit don't know for sure since you didn't indicate where in your chart 9 Libra is found.

As for the "content" of that symbol, there are many interpretations of symbol that you can consult. My own can be found here.

hope this helps.
sdh3

CapAquaPis

Re: 9 or 10 degrees Libra

I revived this to contribute to the discussion, although most of them aren't ever coming back, but I want people to come and post on this thread. 9-10' Libra is the degree of planet Venus, oddly almost opposite my natal Venus in 7' Aries.

piercethevale

The Sabian Symbol, according to Dane Rudhyar's book, "An Astrological Mandala. The Cycle of Transformation and it's 360 Symbolic Phases"

"LIBRA 10°: HAVING PASSED SAFELY THROUGH NARROW RAPIDS, A CANOE REACHES CALM WATERS.

KEYNOTE:
The self-control and poise necessary to reach a steady state of inner stability.

This symbol hardly needs to be commented upon. It could be related to the fifth symbol of the preceding five-fold sequence referring to guru-chela relationship at the actional level. Here we are dealing essentially with the emotional life and its crises. At the next — mental and individual — level, the concluding symbol will suggest the perfect and smooth working of the intellect ruled by logic and simplicity of means.

This is the fifth stage of the thirty-eighth sequence; it concludes what was begun at the first stage. The inner 'revelation' which brought about dramatic confrontations can now be meditated upon as it is reflected on the calm waters of the mind. As a Keyword one may use the term
RELIEF."