Something I don't understand....

Polo

They say life has a lot to do with karma. Your life now reflects past deeds. Well, how can you remember what you've done in the past? Why can't you start anew in this life? If someone makes mistakes, why can't they deal with them in that lifetime?

leneshmarie

You do get to start anew. Sometimes you take on tasks so great, that to completely finish them in one lifetime would be hard, so you just learn what you can each time, and take that knowledge with you. Each time you take on life, you experience, you learn. The fact that you can't remember your past lives in detail doesn't hinder that fact. Sometimes, painful or especially tragic past life memories resurface in your subconscious as illogical fears, or certain feelings that you can't overcome or explain, and in that way it can make it hard. But all you have to do is ask for those things to be released into the light, so that you can move on and continue to grow :)

I don't really think that we have "mistakes" in past lives, I just think sometimes there are things we set out to do, and maybe we didn't get to achieve them exactly the way we wanted. So we try again. The focus shouldn't be on "fixing" things from past lives, and that is probably why we don't remember all of them. If we did, we would be so overloaded with feelings and thoughts of so many pasts, that we'd never get anything done in this one! lol..

I don't know if that was any help or not, but I hope it was :)

Polo

Yeah, I get you. There's just this nagging feeling of something wrong. The people I meet, the things that have happened. Sometimes people have such a strong reaction to me, without me doing anything, that it makes me wonder who I used to be before (and if I had done something wrong to them.)
I would really like to know who I was in a past life and all the past conditions. It would probably put a lot of things in perspective.

flea

you need an awful lot of love and compassion for yourself to look at past lives consciously. You are still doing the work by working in the now, of this current life. Most people are best to concentrate on living this life, though some will always be called to the past. Learn all you can from the circumstances of your present life and after that past lifes may make some sense. If you dive into past lives before you have made sense fo this one, it can cause even more confusion than where you are now.

There is no substitute for learning how to love yourself and love this life, and be present in the now and live in gratitude.

And do all things gently and with patience, as to do swift changes without preparation can bring instability in your life.

All Love
Flea

Narcissus

Hi Caprising,

http://www.amazon.com/Astrology-Kar...=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1225556415&sr=8-3

This is a very insightful book from Stephen Arroyo you may wish to learn more about the karmic lessons from within. :)

I believe we are born to learn from the previous experiences instead of trying to "correct" any mistakes. However, Stephen has mentioned that we should not try to prevent any mistakes from happening in the current life in order to make ourselves have a better chance to live well and comfortably in the next life. Try to live and be contented with the presence and let your soul guide you to the correct path. Although we do have curiosities towards the past lives sometimes, we'd better live in the present to learn our lessons in the current life. Just go with the flow and appreciate:)

leneshmarie

Polo said:
Yeah, I get you. There's just this nagging feeling of something wrong. The people I meet, the things that have happened. Sometimes people have such a strong reaction to me, without me doing anything, that it makes me wonder who I used to be before (and if I had done something wrong to them.)
I would really like to know who I was in a past life and all the past conditions. It would probably put a lot of things in perspective.
Could I see your birth chart? Because I know that there are certain things that can cause this, for example, I have Scorpio/Pluto in the Seventh and it tends to make people have an instant reaction to me, either loving me or absolutely hating me usually..

Like you pointed out, it would make more sense if we knew what our mistakes were in our past lives so that we can consciously correct them in this life. Most people don't know about their past lives mistakes (if any) or how to correct them, so the "system" isn't working very well in my opinion. How are people supposed to "not' make mistakes when they come to this place and have to contend with all sorts of debilitating energies as part of their personality? I tend to think that we accumulate more and more mistakes with every life lived, when was the last time you made a mistake?
I sense an over focus on mistakes, and correcting them. I think that the "system" is just fine, and we're not supposed to remember our past lives for a reason.. you shouldn't go through life trying to avoid or fix mistakes all the time. Whatever you're doing right now is exactly what you're supposed to be doing at this time, just relax and have some trust in the bigger picture, and know that everything happens for a reason and you are ok. I know that may be disgustingly optimistic for some, but it's good to get a dose of it every now and then.

I do agree that we accumulate more and more mental junk and debris with every life, because of course you will never have one that is "perfect" or pain free. And every time you re-enter into a physical body, all those terrible memories come flooding back to your subconscious.. affecting the life you are living now in ways we are not always aware of.

But like I said, if you really believe that past life issues are having a negative affect on this one, pray to whatever higher power you believe in to release it so that you can move on. And if you don't believe in a higher power, ask your inner self before you go to sleep at night, to just let it go an release it. If that doesn't work, there's always past life regression.

Last edited:

Sunny

flea said:
you need an awful lot of love and compassion for yourself to look at past lives consciously. You are still doing the work by working in the now, of this current life. Most people are best to concentrate on living this life, though some will always be called to the past. Learn all you can from the circumstances of your present life and after that past lifes may make some sense. If you dive into past lives before you have made sense fo this one, it can cause even more confusion than where you are now.

There is no substitute for learning how to love yourself and love this life, and be present in the now and live in gratitude.

And do all things gently and with patience, as to do swift changes without preparation can bring instability in your life.

All Love
Flea
Thank you, Flea, of this very essential explanation ! But with the fine chart you show I am not wondering about it.:)
Polo, y'll (we all) have all your life to understand this very complex and complicated question, and when you understand, then your life will change because your mind is transformed.
The karma is nothing else than a law of causality and has nothing to do with believing. It is more the logical stone of a "non-system" that makes that we know what we have to do and what not. So the understanding of Karma or karmic situation helps you to become maturity because you are more and more responsable (and not guilty). Reincarnation is alsready a result of karma, and yes, there are very truthful, serious and proved testimonies of persons (mostly children) who remembers details of their past life.
All you have to do for understanding is only to see. And than, once open your eyes, the logical connexion of all being shows you the continuity which really exists.
With all my best wishes :)
Sunny

tsquare

I have read that
Reincarnation and the Law of Karma
by William Walker Atkinson
Is a very good read....
I personally havn't been around to it yet...I've wanted to look it over for some time now.

Polo

leneshmarie said:
Could I see your birth chart? Because I know that there are certain things that can cause this, for example, I have Scorpio/Pluto in the Seventh and it tends to make people have an instant reaction to me, either loving me or absolutely hating me usually..

I sense an over focus on mistakes, and correcting them. I think that the "system" is just fine, and we're not supposed to remember our past lives for a reason.. you shouldn't go through life trying to avoid or fix mistakes all the time. Whatever you're doing right now is exactly what you're supposed to be doing at this time, just relax and have some trust in the bigger picture, and know that everything happens for a reason and you are ok. I know that may be disgustingly optimistic for some, but it's good to get a dose of it every now and then.

I do agree that we accumulate more and more mental junk and debris with every life, because of course you will never have one that is "perfect" or pain free. And every time you re-enter into a physical body, all those terrible memories come flooding back to your subconscious.. affecting the life you are living now in ways we are not always aware of.

But like I said, if you really believe that past life issues are having a negative affect on this one, pray to whatever higher power you believe in to release it so that you can move on. And if you don't believe in a higher power, ask your inner self before you go to sleep at night, to just let it go an release it. If that doesn't work, there's always past life regression.

Well said.

Last edited:
If you are that curious why dont you find and explore your past lives with a professional hypnotherapist in regression techniques. My favourite is Brian Weiss and he's written loads of books, just google him.

the only reason why people do go in for this is to 'heal' and experience this healing and releasing, and letting go, But you can do this yourself, especially if you meditate and train your brain to relax hon....

Polo

astrologer50 said:
If you are that curious why dont you find and explore your past lives with a professional hypnotherapist in regression techniques. My favourite is Brian Weiss and he's written loads of books, just google him.

the only reason why people do go in for this is to 'heal' and experience this healing and releasing, and letting go, But you can do this yourself, especially if you meditate and train your brain to relax hon....

How much would that be?