Spoiled

Julie

Banned
I was thinking about this as well, it depends I think maybe there are different types spoiled in attention or spoiled with gifts and not much attention. It varies I was never spoiled when I was younger I might blame Saturn on Asc for denying me. I really don't know I am more Pisces and can be easy going in nature or maybe more accepting of what I do get, at least I was when I was growing up.

Here is the definition by Wilkpedia: It looks like there are two types of spoiled (my sister fits the first category :D I am an evil sister :p (she has Moon in Aries square Mars) she always wanted her own way and if she wanted something she got it.

A spoiled brat (alternatively spelled spoilt brat) is a child who believes that they are superior to others around them, usually as a result of their parents and/or other educators systematically failing to teach socially acceptable behavior and discipline. The term also carries the connotation of the child's being privileged, as well seldom being subjected to consequences of their actions. However, a child could be perfectly behaved and still be called a brat in a derogatory manner.

[deleted overly-long quote against forum rules - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

archergirl

I don't think something like 'being spoiled' can be seen in a chart, really. It's too subjective, has too flexible an interpretation (of what 'spoiled' means) and depends on outer circumstances, which are never fixed and therefore cannot be read in a chart.

For example: I had two grandmothers, my maternal grandmother, who was very strict but taught me everything I know about how to cook, sew, bake, clean a house spotless AND make a sun hat out of a paper bag (she had an Aquarius moon, okay?:p ); and my 'mother's boyfriend's mother', who was my other grandma for six years. This second one spoiled me rotten and gave me a sweet tooth to last a lifetime. I got EVERYTHING I wanted from her...but only for six years. How do you find this in a chart?

I think your idea about Jupiter does have some merit, however; although it may not necessarily define 'spoiled', it can certainly point to areas where we have experienced generosity (and possibly excess) in our lives.

For example, I was quite poor as a small child, but my mother became wealthy when I was a teenager: I got a hefty allowance from her, but no time. The 'absent mother' is clearly shown in my chart (Moon conjunct Saturn), as is, perhaps, the strange 'give/not give' relationship I have with her to this day: Moon/Saturn opposes Jupiter in my chart.

Jupiter in the 4th house can show a happy childhood, or a childhood filled with generosity, but again, not necessarily in a material fashion. My son has this placement, and indeed he is showered with love and affection, but he is not indulged, materially or otherwise.

Mr. Archergirl has Jupiter conjunct his Sun, and he is most certainly generous with himself as he purchases a flat-screen TV.:rolleyes:

AG:)