Would doing this give a more accurate relocation reading?

Do relocation chart to narrow down options
Choose a couple of towns or cities
Do 'natal' chart of each place probably based on when it was founded or incorporated.
Do synastry chart between you and place
Pick the best one

Arena

Use the KISS method ;)

Just look at your natal chart with the astrocartography mode in astro.com (go to special charts to see it).
Also check it out with local space lines.
When you have studied those to see where benefics´lines are in the world, you can narrow down to a few choices and then cast relocation charts for each of them.

Natal charts for town or countries are not at all reliable, so ignore that.

aquarius7000

Use the KISS method ;)

Just look at your natal chart with the astrocartography mode in astro.com (go to special charts to see it).
Also check it out with local space lines.
When you have studied those to see where benefics´lines are in the world, you can narrow down to a few choices and then cast relocation charts for each of them.

Natal charts for town or countries are not at all reliable, so ignore that.
Hi,

Look at what planetary lines pass through the country you have in mind for relocation via astrocartography. Besides that, you will also have to study your own natal chart with transits and progressions.

When you say 'cast relocation chart for new place' do you mean do my own natal chart but change that to my place of birth? Then do a relocation chart for that birth chart? It looks just like the relocation chart for my normal natal chart. The town I chose has the Jupiter midheaven line running through it.

GianPaolo Di Cocco has developed a slightly different way of doing this and disparaged the astro.com site. He used different software that is very detailed. But then he goes further. He gives himself as an example and how a well known relocation astrologer chose the wrong place for him. I found it intriguing and would like other opinions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcDrmnfqZX8

Last edited:

Arena

When you say 'cast relocation chart for new place' do you mean do my own natal chart but change that to my place of birth?

No. You cast a relocation chart in your software, or in astro.com where there is a relocation chart option. That means only the angles move, but everything else stays the same... but it is worth exploring where your benefics are on angles.

I'm a bit confused so sorry about repeating myself.

I used the Astro website to create my natal chart. Then used that chart to look at the relocation map in their system.

I chose a city along the Jupiter line from that relocation map and created another natal chart for myself using that city as my birth place.

Then used that natal chart to look at the new relocation map. Both relocation maps look pretty much the same to me. What am I doing wrong?

EDITED TO ADD: looking at the natal chart for me as if I was born in the city where I want to move:

my Asc is in Gemini now with Uranus in 1st house
DC is Sag 21:32 (just noticed Chiron is 21:29 in 6th house)
IC 0 Virgo with Mars and Saturn in 4th house
MC 0 Pisces with Jupiter and Venus in 10th house

Venus opp Saturn in this chart as well as my original natal chart

Hope that clarifies!

Last edited:

Arena

I don't know if you are doing anything wrong or if charts are displayed like they should be. I haven't seen the charts.

All aspects of planets will be the same, unless you look at a mundoscope - then they might be different.

But most important is imo to look to places where benefics will be on your angles. Angles are the most expressive for planetary engergy in astrology.

aquarius7000

I mean keep your date, time and place of birth same as it actually is. See if progressions and transits show movement at all. Then, using your own original birth details, see what planetary lines run through the country you would like to move to and compare to how strong that planet is in your natal chart.
When you say 'cast relocation chart for new place' do you mean do my own natal chart but change that to my place of birth? Then do a relocation chart for that birth chart? It looks just like the relocation chart for my normal natal chart. The town I chose has the Jupiter midheaven line running through it.

GianPaolo Di Cocco has developed a slightly different way of doing this and disparaged the astro.com site. He used different software that is very detailed. But then he goes further. He gives himself as an example and how a well known relocation astrologer chose the wrong place for him. I found it intriguing and would like other opinions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcDrmnfqZX8

I mean keep your date, time and place of birth same as it actually is. See if progressions and transits show movement at all. Then, using your own original birth details, see what planetary lines run through the country you would like to move to and compare to how strong that planet is in your natal chart.

In Astro, using my natal chart, I chose Progessed Chart for today's date. The angles shifted as did the planets in the houses so they are different from my natal chart. What do I do with that info? Use that as a 'natal chart' to have the relocation map draw me another map?

Then you said to use my regular natal chart for the astro.com relocation map,which is what I had done originally. Seems like I am going in a circle! :unsure: What am I missing?

I copied my relocation map to my desktop but I can only open it in Paint. How do I post it here?

Last edited:

aquarius7000

Ok, just follow the following simple instructions:
Go to astro.com and pull:

1) just your natal chart with your regular place of birth and then select from the list of options: astrocartography

2) create your natal chart with regular place of birth and select from the list of options: natal with transits and progressions.

If you have problems, simply post your birth details (date with year, place and time) here. I can create the charts for you, and then you can delete your birth details out of your post.

In Astro, using my natal chart, I chose Progessed Chart for today's date. The angles shifted as did the planets in the houses so they are different from my natal chart. What do I do with that info? Use that as a 'natal chart' to have the relocation map draw me another map?

Then you said to use my regular natal chart for the astro.com relocation map,which is what I had done originally. Seems like I am going in a circle! :unsure: What am I missing?

I copied my relocation map to my desktop but I can only open it in Paint. How do I post it here?

Looking at FrankieJG's thread gave me an idea to check out the lines related to my Cancer Asc, which would be the moon and Uranus (a degree before the Asc).

The moon line areas did not interest me at all in terms of climate (mostly desert areas) and Uranus line went through Washington DC (I'm interested in politics) headed toward western PA and Toronto. More appealing but not ideal.

I originally had looked at the Jupiter MC line which ran through areas I've visited in the past two years and felt very comfortable.

It seems like each astrologer has different ways of doing relocation charts so I guess the best thing is to consider all but go with my intuition. Very complicated and since I can't afford to move soon, I'll place this on the back burner but probably continue reading to learn more. Thanks!