Moon square Pluto How it feels

Breakthrough

No light slipped into the hospital ward. The windows were half-curtained and though the sun was high the room inside was dark and unfriendly. There lay a woman on her hospital bed. Her hair had once been blonde but now black like a crow. She was lying on her hospital bed, skeleton-like, with flat breasts and swollen legs. Her eyes were sky blue with a tint of mystery; they seemed to be looking within themselves. The face was now pale and sickly although it seemed to shine from within like white fire. By her side there sat a man. The man thought her sickliness was divine. He was looking at her – intently, deeply and scared. She was to die.

For 25 years she had been his mother, his enemy, his support and his downfall.

They didn’t have a word to say because the stories they read in each other’s eyes meant so much more to them. He was looking at her who now was so weak and fragile in her bed but he remembered how powerful she actually had been and still was deep inside. He would give away so much to face death with as great courage as she did.

The ancient gladiators in Rome knew they were going to die on a great arena. A gladiator was walking through a dark corridor leading to a tiny spot of light far away in the end. While walking ahead to face the deadly light he could hear the crowd roaring. That’s the moment of truth. It doesn’t’ matter whether you had had the most miserable life or one full of joy. Only the moment of truth mattered. The fight on the great arena mattered. Now son knew that people are just like gladiators waiting to fight their last battle. His mother was a gladiator and she was about to see the deadly light in the end.

Life is like a guillotine slowly moving down with no hope. You can cry or smile or laugh it doesn’t matter because the blade is still there. A whole world is full of crying, laughing, smiling, great and small people looking up at the blade. “Cheer up, man, it’s not gonna hurt!” – I hear from all around. Yes, you’re right, guys, it’s not gonna hurt to have the blade cutting my throat. Looking at your throat being cut will definitely hurt me.

He was deep in thought when his mother asked for a glass of water with a faint smile. He took her hand in his. “Of course, mom” – he said. A minute later he came up to her bed holding a glass. Her eyes were looking at him with such deep love. Dead but still loving eyes.

greybeard

The guillotine has two characteristics that make it quite efficient.

Its blade is angled so that as it drops vertically it slices smoothly.
And it drops very fast.

Humane execution.
Now that's an oxymoron if I ever heard one.
Here, let me kill you painlessly.
I'm a kind executioner.

Life is what it is.
I'm glad I'm not 27 anymore.
Two weeks and for me those numbers change places.
Much better place to be.

Last fall me and old Earl Maynard, who is my age, were chucking firewood for the folks who can't afford to buy enough to keep warm and Earl said to me, speaking of age...
"I sure wouldn't go back."
I looked him in the eye and said "You got that right Earl. Whole different world."
He winked and kept on chucking.

And here's the deal...
For Earl and me death is just around the next bend in the road.
You have a whole lifetime in front of you.
My advice is to enjoy it.
Life is sweet if you want it to be, Moon square Pluto notwithstanding.
Go chuck some firewood for someone else. Be of service to others.

Breakthrough

to greybeard:

I'm glad I'm not 27 anymore.
Two weeks and for me those numbers change places.
Much better place to be.

"I sure wouldn't go back."
I looked him in the eye and said "You got that right Earl. Whole different world."

My question: why?

Lin

What is the significance of the title of this post?
Is moon square Pluto in your chart? Was it a transit? A progressed aspect?
Can you show your birth chart with transits for that date?
You described that experience. But how did that experience change your life? Did it?
I think that is what "Flapjacks" was getting at.
The Pluto connection implies that it changed you irrevocably...
Your chart would be helpful....astrologically speaking.
LIN

Breakthrough

To Lin:

The aspect is in my chart. I wanted to describe it in the form of a story rather than giving a general description. I want to let the readers make their own conclusions but it's not the goal. It's just a story I wanted to share. As for its content it's still to come. And, yes, it will be life-altering.

/ sorry, but I don't ever post my chart. anyway, it's of no help.

Lin

It's true that if there are no questions, then a chart is not necessary.

If Pluto square Moon is natal, then IT can define your life.... just as Neptune square Moon can define one's emotional life throughout one's life.
And if one lives primarily in one's emotions it's a sad story.

MOst of us have some balance in our charts....transits and progressions that refocus our attention so that we can have experiences in our life not defined by Pluto or Neptune or Uranus alone.

But death of a loved one is a singular event....which can, if it happens at a vulnerable age, can haunt us for the rest of our lives.

If the Sun is not powerfully aspected, it's very hard to live in the "now."

Martin Schulman's book, The Karma of the Now was very helpful to me with this issue. Of course it might not be of use to you. But I thought I'd just mention it.
LIN

!4C

I have 12th house cancer moon square 3rd house pluto (closely conjunct IC). It sounds terrible, but not in the way most people probably think. The moon is more harmonious here and it is also my ascendant/chart ruler. I've always felt in tune with the moon. I love big mood changes. It makes me feel alive... like the world has more depth than it would otherwise.

The real trouble with this configuration comes from the moon being connected to physical body (ascendant ruler). I've had two significant health crises in my life. The first when uranus was squaring my pluto from capricorn ('91-'92) and the second is right now with the pluto squaring my pluto (uranus opposite). I seems these transits suppress the ability on my body to heal itself properly.

So, the challenge of this aspect is more physical than emotional for me.

FYI, I've never experienced problems with my mother like many many of the cookbook interpretations suggest. However, I do have good synastry with her. We are on the same page in most cases.

Last edited:

Breakthrough

To Lin:

I don't know if I have emotions at all. I feel only two things: stress and no stress (just void). Moon is Saturn in my chart if you know what I mean. If it were positioned better life would be almost perfect.

Sun is of no help. Both luminaries are stressed and elevated so everyone sees my drawbacks at first sight and then doesn't take time to see the good.

I haven't read Schulman's book about "now" but I've read Eckhart Tolle's "The Power of Now". It was a good read but of no use - like looking at a beautiful flower for a few seconds and then go on with your life again.

Nevertheless, I understand you. We all need such books and movies and songs to inspire us, we are all like little kids falling asleep and we need someone bigger than us to tell us a fairy-tale, someone to wake us up in the midst of a nightmare and tell us "it's alright" and calm us down... But in the end we all end up the same way and it will be real no matter how far away in the future it is. I like what Steve Jobs told about it in his Stanford speech, his words are deeper than Eckhart's book, they are bleeding with meaning, they are real, not a fairy-tale. There's wisdom there.

Breakthrough

To !4C:

"It makes me feel alive... like the world has more depth than it would otherwise."

I usually feel this way when my Moon transits the 12th. "Like the world has more depth" - you put it right. Time of quietness like there's some unity between me and the universe, like there is really God or something somewhere.

Your Moon is in Cancer which is a great placement and the 12th is usually not that bad for the Moon (I believe it's the 8th where Moon is in real trouble). Being elevated for Moon (1st and 10th) is also not a heaven's gift (at least if it is afflicted) because then all your private world is out there for all to see, it's as if you were naked in front of everyone.

Good that your relationship with mother is ok because many times those cookbooks are right and things can really go wrong way.

I hope your health will improve. Even Pluto transit will pass over time.