Why does the water bearer have so little hair?

graay ghost

Dying their armpit hair??? How very Aquarie!

Look, sabumnim-- What you need to get is that an authentic, self-actualizing Aquarienne does not care what you think about her appearance, her hair style, her sexual orientation, or her ideas. If more conventionally-oriented signs dislike Ms. Aquarius, too bad. They will just have to get over it.

Has it ever occurred to you that your ideas might be consummately wrong?

Some decades ago, modern astrologers cooked up some key words for each of the signs. They went like this:

Aries-- I am
Taurus-- I have
Sagittarius-- I believe, and so on.

The key word for Aquarius is "I know."

It seems weird that we divide signs up into "conventional" and "unconventional." How someone looks has a lot to do with signaling but why someone is signaling what they're signaling may not be immediately obvious. It also sounds like you're saying that there are no "conventional" signs with minority sexual orientations, too. :pouty:

david starling

Siriusly... you misunderstood the response i posted was metaphorical :smile:
also WB corrected your previous misunderstanding as follows

There was no misunderstanding on my part--I CORRECTLY identified waybread's "Planet Aquarius" as a metaphor. You, on the other hand, SEEMED to be taking it literally, as you declared: "There is no "Planet Aquarius"
Since you say your negative response itself was metaphorical, what's your objection to her metaphor? :unsure:
Metaphorically speaking, that is.

Last edited:

sabumnim

Banned
Dying their armpit hair??? How very Aquarie!

Look, sabumnim-- What you need to get is that an authentic, self-actualizing Aquarienne does not care what you think about her appearance, her hair style, her sexual orientation, or her ideas. If more conventionally-oriented signs dislike Ms. Aquarius, too bad. They will just have to get over it.

Has it ever occurred to you that your ideas might be consummately wrong?

Some decades ago, modern astrologers cooked up some key words for each of the signs. They went like this:

Aries-- I am
Taurus-- I have
Sagittarius-- I believe, and so on.

The key word for Aquarius is "I know."

[deleted attacking comment - Moderator]

Aquarians that I know build bridges and aquaducts...

Just remember that !

S.

Last edited by a moderator:

sabumnim

Banned
Hello: I have one planet in Aquarius, Chiron, but three major planets (Su, Mo, Me) in the 11th house of Aquarius and natal Uranus on the angle, natally (= ascendant). Most of my business partners are Aquarians. Not for romance.

[deleted attacking comment - Moderator]

Aquarius: (my interpretation)

- ruled by Uranus and Saturn
- love of astrology and the metaphysics
- LOVES their personal freedom, more, especially their own !
- want to FREE THE SLAVES, detests slavery in all forms !
- equal everybody, "I am no better than you and you are no better than me"
- human rights for all
- intellectual
- DETACHED
- The musical group The Police once had a song called: "Don't get so close to me," a great description of Aquarius.
- strong views on mundane affairs
- stubborn
- physical appearance NOT important. (unless Venus is prominent).
- they can also be cruel, hypercritical of the state of the world.
- They are very attached to what they believe in, such as a cause or a justice issue.
- Can be hard to understand, personally.
- Have a love of politics and political affairs.
- Community driven and cares for humanity.
- Regarding hair length, I have not seen evidence that females prefer short hair over long hair. But, if they do wear hair short, they won't care what others think !
-There are more members of the Hall of Fame born under Aquarius than any other sign.
- Regarding personal sexual orientation, some are gay, some are bisexual. but many are NOT. Saturn as co-ruler makes them very conventional, even straight !

Last edited by a moderator:

Osamenor

Staff member
REAL Aquarians that I know build bridges and aquaducts.

You know lots of engineers? And they're all Aquariuses (sun or other major placement)?

One out of every twelve people has an Aquarius sun. One out of every twelve people has an Aquarius moon. One out of every twelve people has Aquarius rising. Who knows how many have significant planetary placements in Aquarius even if it's not their sun, moon, or rising sign. All of those people build bridges and aqueducts?

That's my personal response to this comment. As a moderator, I have another response: please be respectful! Telling someone with an Aquarius sun that they're not a real Aquarius isn't respectful at all. I am watching.

Edit: My warning was based on a post that another moderator saw fit to edit out. In keeping with that, I'm editing my own response.

Last edited:

craft94

It seems weird that we divide signs up into "conventional" and "unconventional." How someone looks has a lot to do with signaling but why someone is signaling what they're signaling may not be immediately obvious. It also sounds like you're saying that there are no "conventional" signs with minority sexual orientations, too. :pouty:

100% agreed! A lot of people guess me as an Aquarius. It could be my MC (especially if this person only knows me from the Internet) that leads people to see me that way, but I mostly just think it's because people (especially those who are only shallowly versed in astrology) have a tendency to think anyone who's "different" must be an Aquarius, which is dumb. A lot of Aquarians are actually pretty normal/boring looking.

As for minority sexual orientations, I have not seen any evidence that this is something you can determine by looking at a person's birth chart, definitely not Sun sign. Aspects, maybe. For example, I've read that Venus-Uranus aspects were an indication of homosexuality. It makes sense - you express your sexuality in ways that go against societies conventions - but in reality, I know more straight people with this aspect than I do LGBT(etc.), and there are also tons of LGBT(etc.) individuals who do not have this aspect. This is way all of these sign=political party threads also annoy me, as if political party's themselves weren't cultural...a person's own life and demographics (sex, race, sexual orientation) will have a much stronger influence on a person's political views than Sun sign ("earth signs are conservative"!) will. I think astrology charts can indicate how a person goes about politics, as well as what's most important to them (Sag values freedom, Libra values fairness, Pisces values compassion and empathy, etc) but that doesn't mecessarily determine whether someones a Republican or Democrat or whatever.

JUPITERASC

There was no misunderstanding on my part--I CORRECTLY identified waybread's "Planet Aquarius" as a metaphor.
You, on the other hand, SEEMED to be taking it literally, as you declared: "There is no "Planet Aquarius"
Siriusly no misunderstanding then on your part.... allegedly :smile:

Since you say your negative response itself was metaphorical,
what's your objection to her metaphor?
Metaphorically speaking, that is.
So then
elucidate the alleged objection
which did not occur due to your noncomprehension
metaphorically speaking that is :smile:

JUPITERASC

You know lots of engineers? And they're all Aquariuses (sun or other major placement)?

One out of every twelve people has an Aquarius sun.
One out of every twelve people has an Aquarius moon.
One out of every twelve people has Aquarius rising.
Who knows how many have significant planetary placements in
Aquarius even if it's not their sun, moon, or rising sign.
All of those people build bridges and aqueducts?

That's my personal response to this comment. As a moderator, I have another response: please be respectful! Telling someone with an Aquarius sun that they're not a real Aquarius isn't respectful at all. I am watching.

If I may make a remark
in the interest of fairness to all parties :smile:
sabumnim did not tell the Aquarius sun under discussion
that "they are not a real Aquarius"

sabumnim simply declared as follows that

REAL Aquarians that I know build bridges and aquaducts, not just walls around people, Waybread.

Just remember that !

sabumnim obviously knows numerous Aquarians who do build bridges and aquaducts
and since there are millions of bridges and aquaducts worldwide
it is not unlikely that
multiple Aquarians ARE to be found working amongst those bridge and aquaducts builders

sabumnim goes on to remark that WB is not your typical Aquarius
which is very different from saying 'not a real Aquarius sun'
just my meagre probably worthless two cents on the matter

You are also not your typical Aquarius,

except that you have bought into your own trait words about Sun in Aquarius
and you try to act like an Aquarius
by saying that you do not care what others think,
but you obviously care enough to defend your old, tired stereotypes !
S.
sabumnim highlights that
far from not caring what others think
The Aquarian sun in question, by defending these 'old tired sterotypes'
DOES clearly care what others think

Which is interesting because Aquarius Suns allegedly care not what others think

So I agree that subumnim needs to temper their comments
however a few good points were made it seems to me

JUPITERASC

100% agreed! A lot of people guess me as an Aquarius.
It could be my MC (especially if this person only knows me from the Internet)
that leads people to see me that way,
but I mostly just think it's because people
(especially those who are only shallowly versed in astrology)
have a tendency to think anyone who's "different" must be an Aquarius, which is dumb

A lot of Aquarians are actually pretty normal/boring looking.
Good point, well made :smile:
Astrological generalisation is tempting because it is easy, fun
and simple
however
astrological generalisation is unhelpful and unreliable
clearly there are millions of normal looking aka boring looking Aquarian suns on our fair planet

graay ghost

100% agreed! A lot of people guess me as an Aquarius. It could be my MC (especially if this person only knows me from the Internet) that leads people to see me that way, but I mostly just think it's because people (especially those who are only shallowly versed in astrology) have a tendency to think anyone who's "different" must be an Aquarius, which is dumb. A lot of Aquarians are actually pretty normal/boring looking.

As for minority sexual orientations, I have not seen any evidence that this is something you can determine by looking at a person's birth chart, definitely not Sun sign. Aspects, maybe. For example, I've read that Venus-Uranus aspects were an indication of homosexuality. It makes sense - you express your sexuality in ways that go against societies conventions - but in reality, I know more straight people with this aspect than I do LGBT(etc.), and there are also tons of LGBT(etc.) individuals who do not have this aspect. This is way all of these sign=political party threads also annoy me, as if political party's themselves weren't cultural...a person's own life and demographics (sex, race, sexual orientation) will have a much stronger influence on a person's political views than Sun sign ("earth signs are conservative"!) will. I think astrology charts can indicate how a person goes about politics, as well as what's most important to them (Sag values freedom, Libra values fairness, Pisces values compassion and empathy, etc) but that doesn't mecessarily determine whether someones a Republican or Democrat or whatever.

Well, you're going to find more straight people of every sign than on the LGBTQ spectrum. That's just how it is. I haven't heard Uranus/Venus, but have heard Uranus/Mars (which I have, but Mars touches almost everything in my chart with his greasy little fingers). I really don't think one will find a "gay" aspect, especially as it becomes more normal.

Saying "earth signs are conservative!!" or whatnot also does not consider motive. What a lot of people don't understand is that there's a lot of money in looking normal. The way people talk they make it sound like people conform just for conformity's sake, which is silly, and a shallow understanding of human social behavior.

There's also the fact that in many circles looking "different" actually is conforming. And no matter when I hang around these kinds of people, or "normal" people, I never feel like I fit in. :unsure:

Osamenor

Staff member
If I may make a remark
in the interest of fairness to all parties :smile:
sabumnim did not tell the Aquarius sun under discussion
that "they are not a real Aquarius"

sabumnim simply declared as follows that

sabumnim obviously knows numerous Aquarians who do build bridges and aquaducts
and since there are millions of bridges and aquaducts worldwide
it is not unlikely that
multiple Aquarians ARE to be found working amongst those bridge and aquaducts builders

sabumnim goes on to remark that WB is not your typical Aquarius
which is very different from saying 'not a real Aquarius sun'
just my meagre probably worthless two cents on the matter

sabumnim highlights that
far from not caring what others think
The Aquarian sun in question, by defending these 'old tired sterotypes'
DOES clearly care what others think

Which is interesting because Aquarius Suns allegedly care not what others think

So I agree that subumnim needs to temper their comments
however a few good points were made it seems to me
Obviously, you and I have different interpretations of that comment. Only subumnim knows what he/she meant to say. Sometimes people don't mean disrespect but come across that way. I stand by my directive to keep it respectful, but I didn't edit the post because people had already replied to it and the general discussion seems civil enough and on track. I am, however, keeping an eye on things and will step in if it starts getting out of hand.

Osamenor

Staff member
Well, you're going to find more straight people of every sign than on the LGBTQ spectrum. That's just how it is. I haven't heard Uranus/Venus, but have heard Uranus/Mars (which I have, but Mars touches almost everything in my chart with his greasy little fingers). I really don't think one will find a "gay" aspect, especially as it becomes more normal.
I completely agree. There certainly doesn't appear to be any chart factor that guarantees a person will be LGBTQ, because everything in LGBTQ people's charts also appears in the charts of cishet people. My thought is that maybe there are certain factors that manifest as being a sexual minority for some people, while people who have those factors but do not have minority sexual orientations or gender identities express them in some other way.

Based on the charts I've seen on here of people who identify as LGBTQ, what I've noticed is that there's usually something prominent about the eighth house, and it often includes a north/south node piece: either a node is place there, or a node ruler is, or an eighth house placement forms an aspect with the nodes, or more than one of those is true. However, plenty of people who are not LGBTQ have the same thing.

I have the eighth as my busiest house and it contains my south node ruler (Venus) and a sun that squares the nodes, and I am not LGBTQ, although many of my friends and associates are. I've been wondering if there's anything in birth charts that would suggest an association with LGBTQ people, whether or not you are one yourself. In a similar vein, I've heard that grand trines are associated with either having a disability or being closely associated with someone disabled, ie having a disabled family member or working in a field that serves people with disabilities.

Saying "earth signs are conservative!!" or whatnot also does not consider motive. What a lot of people don't understand is that there's a lot of money in looking normal. The way people talk they make it sound like people conform just for conformity's sake, which is silly, and a shallow understanding of human social behavior.

There's also the fact that in many circles looking "different" actually is conforming. And no matter when I hang around these kinds of people, or "normal" people, I never feel like I fit in. :unsure:
Great points about the nature of conformity and nonconformity!

I think that right there reflects the paradox of Aquarius and its two rulers. Uranus, the modern ruler, is associated with nonconformity, but it's also associated with a certain kind of social control. The common trope in dystopian science fiction, in which everyone is under some kind of surveillance and mechanical control, is highly Uranian, as is the current tech revolution that's given us smart everything and also made it much easier to hack, cyber attack, steal identities, and destroy personal privacy.

Traditionally, Aquarius is ruled by Saturn. I see that as very paradoxical, because Saturn seems like the epitome of conformity. And yet Saturn is also the archetypal hermit, who is perfectly capable of turning away from society and working alone.

JUPITERASC

Obviously, you and I have different interpretations of that comment.
Only subumnim knows what he/she meant to say.
Sometimes people don't mean disrespect but come across that way.
Certainly often happens that misunderstandings occur :smile:
I stand by my directive to keep it respectful,
but I didn't edit the post because people had already replied to it
and the general discussion seems civil enough and on track.
I am, however, keeping an eye on things
and will step in if it starts getting out of hand.
Thanks Osamenor

JUPITERASC

.....Great points about the nature of conformity and nonconformity!.......

......Traditionally, Aquarius is ruled by Saturn.
I see that as very paradoxical, because Saturn seems like the epitome of conformity.
And yet Saturn is also the archetypal hermit,
who is perfectly capable of turning away from society
and working alone.....
Good point there regarding Saturn and Hermits
incidentally
in view of the thread title
a vast quantity of usually unkempt hair is typical of hermits
but then not all hermits are Water Bearer aka Aquarian Suns :smile:

craft94

TBH, I find that 12th house placements are much more indicative of hermetism than Saturn is. I don't see Saturn as an archetypal Hermit but on the other hand, Saturn limits whatever it touches (whereas Jupiter expands) so plenty of Saturn placements would indicate a limited social life (Saturn-Mercury, Saturn-Venus, Saturn in the 7th or 11th houses, just to name a few.)