Scorpio Ascendant

Arian Maverick

I wanted to respond to a comment made on the thread Affinities with people whose sign is your ascendant?, but I wasn't sure exactly where to put it. I finally decided on this thread because the comment was made about a member with a Scorpio Ascendant.

Going from this pic, U do seem to have big dark pupils- which would; surely lend a penetrating look.

Could this possibly apply to all water sign Ascendants? I ask because I have almost unusually large pupils that make my eyes look darker than they really are, and I was wondering if this could possibly be characteristic of a Pisces Ascendant.

I seemed to have inherited these large pupils from my mother, who most likely has a Scorpio Ascendant, by the way; unfortunately, her time of birth is not recorded on her birth certificate and I cannot ask her mother because she passed away eight years ago.

Arian Maverick

aquarius7000

Wilmingtonian said:
Your English seems just fine to me. :)

In reference to feeling blocked in the confrontation and then having the violent thoughts afterward... I've been down that road. At some point it switched to full stinger, and that was even worse. But if we can reign in those strong emotions, we'll be able to respond better when it's an issue of boundaries and not just responding to anger.

Here is an excerpt from an interesting article on the metamorphasis of a Scorpio. You can find the rest here.
Hi there Wilmingtonian,

I knew it, you would succeed (well youre scary close :) ) at changing my views on Scorpio rising- ever higher ;) .
Believe me, had I not had some real tough encounters with the Sorpio Risings that've crossed my path; I would blindly buy that bit in that excerpt, only because it's been posted by you :)
The excerpt is great and I'm sure many a man that will risk a glance at it, will see all those Scorpio Risings with different eyes after that

That's some neat bit of positive manipulation, eh :)

Take care!

Last edited:

aquarius7000

Wilmingtonian said:
Yes I do overreact on a very gut level. It can be ugly. :(
My sun is in the 11th. What would be the difference between it being above or below the Ascendant? I'd love to learn about that.

(born 9/17/77 at 10:17am in Erie, PA, USA)

Funny how that works. My Mars is in Cancer but I never had a problem defending my boundaries -- fiercely if necessary.
If majority of the planets are above the horizon then
a) you could be more extroverted than people who have most of their planets below the horizon. More likely if personal planets (Sun, Mercury, Venus, Mars, including Jupiter and Saturn ) are in the top half of the chart.
b) have a large social circle esp if 11th house is pronounced, could be popular
c) might get successful on the career front, if planets are concentrated in 10th house, and could even achieve fame, depending on other chart aspects.
d) If more planets are on the left half above the horizon, then you could be more the leading type.
C & D are more likely if the less personal planets like Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Pluto and Neptune above the horizon.

In short, the top half of the chart is concerned with your connection to the outer world and the lower half with the inner (family, ancestory, value systems..).

Aquarius7000

Last edited:
Wilmingtonian said:
I'm curious about the Scorpio rising. I've heard some harsh things about it, but I don't see why it would *that* bad. I have Scorpio Rising (with my Moon also in Scorpio). My mars is in the 9th house in Cancer (which is also on the cusp of the 9th house). What does that mean except that I'm rather emotional?

Hi Wilmingtonian

According to the Vedic system it seems that your Sun is actually in the 12th house with Rahu that may be the reason.
But your Moon in the Ascendant in a soft sign and your ascendant actually being a calm and loving sing should give you a loving personality and have serious problems in taking decisions, you take long time to make one. You are reasonable, like justice, modern, & love happy and peaceful life. You rarely lose temper, you like changes, you can make sacrifices. You are domestic and pleasant in nature. Optimistic, kind, you don’t like chaos,
You like that everything to be in its place. You don’t like hard work, you like to meet new people, new ideas, this brings you happiness. Afraid of your decisions, lazy, romantic, you usually prefer early marriage. You prefer to take orders rather then to give.

Mentally you are disorganized, emotionally unstable, overgenerous, helpful and simple at heart. You need to assure yourself that other people need you and love you. Compassionate, generous and diplomatic

aquarius7000

Arian Maverick said:
I wanted to respond to a comment made on the thread Affinities with people whose sign is your ascendant?, but I wasn't sure exactly where to put it. I finally decided on this thread because the comment was made about a member with a Scorpio Ascendant.

Could this possibly apply to all water sign Ascendants? I ask because I have almost unusually large pupils that make my eyes look darker than they really are, and I was wondering if this could possibly be characteristic of a Pisces Ascendant.

I seemed to have inherited these large pupils from my mother, who most likely has a Scorpio Ascendant, by the way; unfortunately, her time of birth is not recorded on her birth certificate and I cannot ask her mother because she passed away eight years ago.

Arian Maverick
Hi Arian,

In that quote of mine, I basically wanted to underline the penetrating -look part for Scorpio Rising. So Scorpion Rising, even with small eyes, will have that penetrating, undress-you look ;)

Now Pisces rules the eyes, and if you are a Piscean Asc then chances are you might have prominent eyes, which other pairs of eyes will be be forced to notice because they are almost hauntingly beautiful :)
Also chances are more that they are light coloured and Neptune might also lend a watery, dreamy and far-away look to them.

Generally speaking, even if being Tall (another Thread) and now this discussion on eyes is all undoubtedly a question of genetics, but, if you are into Astrology, you know that zodiacs are linked with certain characteristics and when a certain zodiac is your Rising, then that's your Appearance.
Undoubdtedly, even Neptune will find it hard to lend an African with a Piscean Rising light eyes, but he will carry the other trait and have large, watery eyes.

Ever heard of Neptune the seer?

Take care
aquarius7000

Wilmingtonian

Arian Maverick said:

In my experience this is true. Scorpios seem to have a piercing, penetrating, and somewhat sexy look their eyes. On the other hand, I have often noticed that Pisces have wide, large eyes. Two that I'm thinking of tend to look doe-eyed a lot of the time, although they're actually pretty shrewed. Pisces have my vote for the prettiest eyes. :)

Wilmingtonian

aquarius7000 said:
Hi there Wilmingtonian,

I knew it, you would succeed (well youre scary close :) ) at changing my views on Scorpio rising- ever higher ;) .
Believe me, had I not had some real tough encounters with the Sorpio Risings that've crossed my path; I would blindly buy that bit in that excerpt, only because it's been posted by you :)
The excerpt is great and I'm sure many a man that will risk a glance at it, will see all those Scorpio Risings with different eyes after that

That's some neat bit of positive manipulation, eh :)

Take care!

Well, you know no one can thow spin like a Scorp. ;)

Surely your Aquarius/Leo/Capricorn makeup doesn't always mix well with Scorpios, but I'm glad you're willing to give at least some of us a chance. On a bad day, we can act like the spawn of satan, but if you're able to get us on your side, you have a friend and comrade to the end.

Aquarius7000 said:
If majority of the planets are above the horizon then
a) you could be more extroverted than people who have most of their planets below the horizon. More likely if personal planets (Sun, Mercury, Venus, Mars, including Jupiter and Saturn ) are in the top half of the chart.
b) have a large social circle esp if 11th house is pronounced, could be popular
c) might get successful on the career front, if planets are concentrated in 10th house, and could even achieve fame, depending on other chart aspects.
d) If more planets are on the left half above the horizon, then you could be more the leading type.
C & D are more likely if the less personal planets like Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Pluto and Neptune above the horizon.

I'm thrown. Though this is true for me (all but 3 planets above the horizon--sun in 11th, Merc, Mars, Sat in 10th, and all but 2 planets are on the left), it doesn't seem to manifest. I used to be quite the extrovert and (dare I admit it?) a bit attention seeking. But now? No, I much prefer time alone and I hate to have to "perform"--which is what it feels like every time I go out. I must have something powerful on the bottom half of my chart drawing my energy that way. I guess I'll have to start a new thread on this if I can find where it fits.

vash24

Greetings everyone! I've also got Scorpio rising, with Leo Mars conjunct MC by 1 degree from the 9th. I don't know if I would call myself agrressive per se (probably because Saturn squares my Mars from the 12th), but I have been told that I tend to knock people down with my aura when I enter a room. I'm still unsure if that is a good thing or a bad thing because I'm actually pretty timid and insecure. Oh, would Pluto have anything to do with this since Pluto would be the chart ruler? My Pluto is in late Libra in the 12th.

Wilmingtonian said:
I'm curious about the Scorpio rising. I've heard some harsh things about it, but I don't see why it would *that* bad. I have Scorpio Rising (with my Moon also in Scorpio).

What "harsh" things would those be?

aquarius7000

vash24 said:
Greetings everyone! I've also got Scorpio rising, with Leo Mars conjunct MC by 1 degree from the 9th. .. but I have been told that I tend to knock people down with my aura when I enter a room. I'm still unsure if that is a good thing or a bad thing because I'm actually pretty timid and insecure. Oh, would Pluto have anything to do with this since Pluto would be the chart ruler? My Pluto is in late Libra in the 12th...What "harsh" things would those be?
Hi,
Here's an excerpt on Scorpio Rising:

Scorpio Ascendant people have a lot of presence. There is something They seem to look right through people This can be quite intimidating to some, and intriguing to others.
vash24 said:
I don't know if I would call myself agrressive per se (probably because Saturn squares my Mars from the 12th)..
Yes, this could be true. I have Saturn opp Mars, and can also get agressive

//aquarius

Last edited by a moderator:

Wilmingtonian

vash24 said:
I have been told that I tend to knock people down with my aura when I enter a room... Oh, would Pluto have anything to do with this since Pluto would be the chart ruler? My Pluto is in late Libra in the 12th.

I have the same (Pluto in Libra in the 12th). How would you say this has affected you?

I can't say I've ever really felt it's influence. Or perhaps I just didn't recognize it.

vash24 said:
What "harsh" things would those be?

Oh, you know... Scorpio Rising people are controlling, cruel, manipulative, etc. I've had several people tell me that they just can't be friends with a Scorpio rising, they just can't handle them. I guess I just have to say it's their loss. :)

Moulin

Interesting thread!

My b/f has scorpio rising. Mars conjunct sun in Leo/9th house.
Both sun/mars square saturn on DC/6th house. eek!

Does anyone know what this says about him? Pretty powerful, no?

starlink

Wilmingtonian, you wrote:
Oh, you know... Scorpio Rising people are controlling, cruel, manipulative, etc.
I dont think this is a definite thing, it all depends on how they handle their Mars and Pluto in their charts and what sort of aspects are hitting the Ascendant.
I have Scorpio Ascendant and I certainly could not be cruel nor manipulative.Maybe controling, but mostly my life. Things have to be "in control" for me, house has to be in order, bills always paid, appointments held (I get really nervous when I get stuck in traffic and have to let someone wait), but I do not control other people. I am very much a person of "live and let live". Yes, I go very deep into things and I want to know how things work, why they work like that and what purpose it has. I think deeply about things and behavior patterns of other people, trying to understand why they are like that, but not correcting them, except when they eat like pigs (you know, elbows on the table, making noises when eating or talking whilst having something in their mouth or having their mouth full of cookies whilst talking on the phone:)! ) especially with the children of course, but also with my partner at times.

And guess what: I have Mars in Aries and in the 5th house (Leo house) and a T-square between Pluto (apex) square Sun and Moon!!. But Pluto is in the 9th house, Mars trines MC and conjuncts Venus and the 5th house falls in Pisces, ruled by Neptune in Libra and Jupiter in Scorpio in 12. So the underlined influences mitigate the unpleasant sides that Scorpio indeed can exhibit, giving them a bad reputation.

Also always look what their Sun sign is, because even though they express themselves as dominating and manipulative human beings, it is the Sun sign that shows how they really are. The Ascendant is a mask we are wearing, not how we really are. It can show a defense against the outside world, trying to help themselves against a low self esteem. The nastier they are, the more you should expect a low selfconfidence.

So Moulin's boyfriend could just as well be a passionate and hardworking young man who expresses himself forcefully, but not necessarily in a negative way. He could be a bit of an actor maybe, Leo's like admiration, but Sun square Saturn could make him insecure in some way but also very selfdisciplined and responsable, depending on which house Saturn rules. 9th house is very philosofical, so he could express (mars conjunct Sun) himself strongly in this field, having his own believes and being very interested in other customs, cultures, languages , you name it.

So try not to generalise signs (Pisces are weak, Aries is Strong, Scorpio's are mean and Virgo's are workoholics). It has to be viewed in relationship to the rest of the chart.

Cheers, Starlink

Last edited:

Moulin

He is which is good cos i'm intense too!!!:eek:

Wilmingtonian said:
He definitely sounds intense! ;)

Starlink, you are absolutely right about my man - he is a bit of an actor. Infact everyone thinks he is an actor lol!
Saturn is in 6th house and sun/mars also trines moon in 1st which is good as he is expressive emotionally and very philosophical. :)

vash24

Wilmingtonian said:
I have the same (Pluto in Libra in the 12th). How would you say this has affected you?

I can't say I've ever really felt it's influence. Or perhaps I just didn't recognize it.

Same here, can't say I've ever felt it's presence either. If you allow for a wide orb, Pluto conjuncts my Asc. by 9 degrees, and even so, I still don't feel a darn thing, lol. But if this counts, I'm rather shy and prefer to work behind the scenes most of the time. I have a Leo Mars on my MC, so I don't mind getting credit where I'm due from time to time. ;)

Wilmingtonian said:
Oh, you know... Scorpio Rising people are controlling, cruel, manipulative, etc. I've had several people tell me that they just can't be friends with a Scorpio rising, they just can't handle them. I guess I just have to say it's their loss. :)

I'm not really controlling unless I'm under a lot of stress. As for manipulation, I suck at it, I think this requires brains for some reason, lol...but I can be cruel if provoked enough. And if I do act on my impulses, I really regret my acitons afterwards. (Maybe that's why I need that Mars square Saturn to put the brakes on when I start to spin out of control, lol. :eek: )

Astrocurious

Ahhh Starlink, not every part of our ascendant is a mask, alot of the characteristics of my rising sign fits me(example acquiring more than I need, foolhardiness etc)...it's not a mask, some of it may be however.

aquarius7000

Wilmingtonian said:
I'm thrown. Though this is true for me (all but 3 planets above the horizon--sun in 11th, Merc, Mars, Sat in 10th, and all but 2 planets are on the left), it doesn't seem to manifest. I used to be quite the extrovert and (dare I admit it?) a bit attention seeking. But now? No, I much prefer time alone and I hate to have to "perform"--which is what it feels like every time I go out. I must have something powerful on the bottom half of my chart drawing my energy that way..
Well, if you used to be quite an extrovert, then it could really fit with most of your planets in the upper half of your chart. To your Q "But now?" - perhaps this is more of a "transitory" phase.
Or else, look at your chart, perhaps you have the higher octave/ outer planets around your IC/ lower half. It could also be that you have a stellium in either Earth or Water in the lower half or a major planet (like Pluto) as the only planet in Earth or Water in the lower half. If your chart meets either of the criteria, then that would relate to "I must have something powerful on the bottom half of my chart drawing my energy that way".