Jupiter Almighty

dub.tribe

Hi all!

I’ve been a member for a while, and although I’m not so active I do read posts on a regular basis.

It feels as if I’ve been testing Jupiter luck for past 6 months, and I wonder how far it can be pushed. It was recently transiting my Venus in 6th, and now Sun, Mercury and Descendent. Small miracles have been happening. I went through much stress, fear and anxiety regarding finances but things somehow sort out at the last moment and I partially attribute that to Jupiter (nataly in 2nd, with Saturn).

Financial problems are going to continue (Saturn return in 2nd), and it seems I will have to keep going without a plan, but simply do whatever I can and hope for the best. Right now, I have 2 weeks deadline to partially pay tuition or I’ll be dropped out of school. On top of that, since I’m an international student, this would mean my visa would be canceled… which would be a major change in my life, since I haven’t been in my home country for 5 years, and I don’t even consider it as a home anymore. I’m mentioning this because I’m sure that transits would indicate such a change.

I think I’m proficient enough in astrology to estimate that things will be OK. But with current major transits, I might be even wearing rose-colored glasses.
- Transiting Jupiter currently conjuncts Sun (rules 1st), Mercury (rules 2nd, 11th) and Descendant. (yes, I can tell why it’s been said Jupiter conj. Sun is such a marvelous influence – my anxiety is miraculously suddenly gone!) I’ve been getting some money here and there, some of which was a nice surprise… but, unfortunately I need much much more. Nothing goes in my pocket though, I’ve been broke all my life (Saturn in 2nd too). Still, since Jupiter is well places nataly, I’m led to believe nothing can go wrong.

- The only heavy aspect Jupiter is making now is a square to natal Uranus in 4th. Here’s what I read about it:
“Risk taking is ill advised at this time as speculations and investments will probably not pan out as hoped. You should be careful with your money and keep stocks in a safe haven. Sometimes this indicates a surge of luck that turns sour because you push your luck too far.”
I don’t think I’m pushing my luck too far; I’m counting on it since there’s no other choice, and working towards a goal.

- Other things to look at are Saturn transit though 2nd and Uranus through 8th. I don’t quite know how they can impact the outcome. They certainly put emphasis on financial problems, banks, debts, other people’s money… But I can’t tell if they are providing a solution to the current situation or simply play a malefic role.

When explaining things astrologically is beyond my abilities, I look at the chart and see how it feels - now it feels good. I'm just tired of worrying, even though I have a good reason to panic.

Assuming that you're honest to yourself, under what circumstances Jupiter betrays you?

p.s. My chart is in my images folder. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thank you and all the best in 2010!

can you post the link to view your chart pls?

There is likely to be a conflict between a need to be externally successful, and an inner struggle to release tensions and transcend limitations. PArt of the difficulty will lie in the irregular flow of your energies, which makes it hard to generate momentum and persistence. You will feel that you should be a success, and resent any need to progress slowly in your intended direction.
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/astrological-aspects/jupiter-square-uranus.php

to read the rest click on link. T Jupiter going through 6th is good for work opportunities and conj Desc is great for one to one relationships and perhaps other people helping. But I found the most advantageous is T Jupiter going through 8th house of 'other people' money' as in getting loans, family members helping out etc.

My Jupiter is well aspected in 8th but in virgo it's not well placed by sign and retrograde. It all depends on how Jupiter is aspected natally and its 'other aspects' to planets that may help out.

The conjunction of Jupiter to Saturn shows that you have enormous potential for success, although it won't come without effort. In spite of overwhelming odds against success, you are eager to explore new means to make a massive assault and assert yourself in the world. You have the fortitude and staying power to mobilize all your resources for this task.
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/astrological-aspects/jupiter-conjunct-saturn.php

Jupiter/saturn can create a 'see-saw' and are not great together, Jupiter wants expansion and saturn wants hard work, responsibility and cut backs..

dub.tribe

Thank you so much for your insightful response Astrologer50! I should have showed my gratitude much earlier, however, this has been one of the scariest periods I’ve ever experienced and there were so many urgent things to handle – mainly related I believe to Saturn return in 2nd house.

Nataly, Saturn and Jupiter (both retrograde) are conjunct in Libra, 2nd house, trine Venus in Aquarius (6th) and sextile Moon& NN in Leo (12th). This seems like a configuration that allows Jupiter and Saturn to achieve balance and allow expansion as a result of hard work.

In spite of current challenging transits, I can see Jupiter playing out its beneficial role. It’s been transiting my 7th house, close to Sun, Mercury and Mars (all in 7th) and if nothing else, it is brining much optimism, excellent communication and responsiveness of people I reach out to for help.

However, whole chain of problems is coming out. I received help from university to pay off tuition partially and remain enrolled in school. New deadlines are fast approaching though. Something that shocked me and slapped me in the face is actually the efficiency of online payment system (I think quite fitting the symbolic of Saturn return in 2nd, and Uranus transiting 8th). Few weeks ago I got an eviction letter, out of the blue – without me even knowing that on-campus rent hasn’t been paid for 2 months. Even though financial situation has been challenging, I think I’m managing to stay on top of it, I keep track of deadlines, procedures and consequences. It turned out that payment system simply handles charges and deposits in a lousy way where it’s not clear what’s going on... I simply received an apology and I was told that nothing can be done about it. I was never even notified that my rent payment was late and I’m in the situation that I have to move out immediately! This looks much like transit Neptune approaching Mercury but might also be Saturn’s lesson regarding the efficiency and faith in the system we all depend on.

On the positive note, studies are going well, I’ve been having a great rapport with everybody, I found a place to stay and I’ve been interviewing for student assistant positions that offer tuition remission. I’ll have to sleep on somebody’s couch for a while, but that doesn’t mean that I’m facing an ultimate failure. I still have no idea how to solve the problems, but as long as instinctive survival reactions that keep us all going are kicking in, there's a chance for progress.

Links to my charts:
transits: http://astrologyweekly.com/forum/album.php?albumid=160&pictureid=975
natal: http://astrologyweekly.com/forum/album.php?albumid=160&pictureid=976

Thank you once again for the feedback! I see there are many discussions about Jupiter... so I don’t want to turn this into analysis of my own chart, although it would be insightful to read about other people’s related experiences.

All the best!