How to get the geocentric positions of the planets?

neddacs

Im trying to build a computer program that can get the geocentric positions of the planets and since astrologers seem to use the geocentric system for planet placements I was wondering if anyone could help me out.

waybread

I am unclear on your question. Are you familiar with an ephemeris? It works like a time-table for planets. It goes by zodiac sign and degree (0 through 29, or sometimes 1 through 30.) However, it is easy enough to translate the zodiac sign to degrees to get numbers our of 360 degrees if that makes more sense to you.

There is a good free ephemeris at Astrodienst. www.astro.com

neddacs

I am unclear on your question. Are you familiar with an ephemeris? It works like a time-table for planets. It goes by zodiac sign and degree (0 through 29, or sometimes 1 through 30.) However, it is easy enough to translate the zodiac sign to degrees to get numbers our of 360 degrees if that makes more sense to you.

There is a good free ephemeris at Astrodienst. www.astro.com

I'm familiar yes, but I would like to know the math for getting a emphirius. I guess I can find the math by entering in a old number and a new number and subtracting and dividing, but I would still like to know the way astrologers even make an emphirius.

Forgotten Warrior

Im trying to build a computer program that can get the geocentric positions of the planets and since astrologers seem to use the geocentric system for planet placements I was wondering if anyone could help me out.

In astrology, a chart is always geocentric.No doubt on that.
You can check out the link in Waybread's post.

Rawiri

Most astrology programs utilize the swiss ephemeris by astro.com.

Here's the documentation:

https://www.astro.com/swisseph/swephprg.htm

(It's mostly pretty simple to use if you follow along with that... I'm not really a "programmer" but even I can get stuff done in it with python - it's been ported over to a few languages)