Would appreciate some input in choosing a wedding date

We decided to move the date from sept 2020 to Oct 2020, due to my photographer not being available in sept. I was told this is a terrible chart by someone on reddit but they gave no elaboration or reason behind their view.

I have used guidelines I found on a leah whitehorse website (by searching how to choose a good wedding date) and to me, this date checks out pretty decent.

We havent locked the date in yet but were planning on it in the next couple of days.

Here's the chart:
29cpbig.jpg

Thank you so much for any input.

Last edited:

katydid

here are some additional considerations:

https://therealastrology.com/information/advanced-techniques/261-electing-a-wedding-chart.html

1. Venus (the natural ruler of love and marriage) should be in direct motion, and dignified.

2. A waxing and dignified Moon is always nice; a trine or sextile between the Sun and Moon (natural rulers of the couple) is also very nice to have, but again, not always possible.

3. The ruler of the 1st house (which represents the couple) should be strong and well dignified.

4. Fixed angles, particularly a Fixed rising sign will tend to make the marriage last. This is not always a good thing--fixed angles in a wedding chart can make a divorce a long and drawn-out thing. Mutable angles allow for more flexibility and change; Cardinal angles allow for the easiest dissolution of the marriage (but in no way indicate that a relationship won’t succeed).

5. If children are desired, fortify the 5th house and the ruler of the 5th house. A dignified Moon in a fertile sign will also help here. If the couple does not want children, then barren signs on the 5th and for the ruler of the 5th are ideal.

6. The 4th house will reflect the home environment; the 10th the professional environment (important if the couple will be working together); the 7th friends and enemies of the couple.

7. The couple’s finances are represented by the 2nd House.

katydid

We decided to move the date from sept 2020 to Oct 2020, due to my photographer not being available in sept. I was told this is a terrible chart by someone on reddit but they gave no elaboration or reason behind their view.

I have used guidelines I found on a leah whitehorse website (by searching how to choose a good wedding date) and to me, this date checks out pretty decent.

We havent locked the date in yet but were planning on it in the next couple of days.

Here's the chart:
29cpbig.jpg

Thank you so much for any input.

Electing a wedding date is very difficult. I used to do it quite often when I was practicing Astrology and it was one of the hardest things to do because of the narrow windows of opportunity.

You are usually restricted to weekends and narrow time frames given by the venues availability, etc etc.

So one of the things that we often did was have 'two weddings.'

We would choose a very beneficial wedding time, the best one for the Sun/Moon, Venus /Mars aspects and beneficial Jupiter contacts with as few difficult aspects to Saturn and Pluto as possible.

And the bride and groom would get married at that time, just themselves and a witness, for the actual legal marriage.

They they would have a wedding on a weekend with all of their friends, as if it was the actual one, because it doesn't really matter if the entire family on both sides gets the astrological implications.

So that is something to consider.

As for this chart above, it has a few nice things, like the Grand Trine with Venus in the 7th and the Sun in Libra.

But there are several problematic things as well. I am not a big fan of the chart.

Jupiter, the co-ruler of the Asc, hence chart ruler, is in it's fall and applying to a conjunction with Pluto.

And the chart ruler is the apex of a t-square with the Sun/Mars opposition in the 2nd and 8th house---struggles with sexual issues and financial issues.

The Moon, which is very important in the marriage chart, is in Leo in the 6th.

The Moon is square Mercury in Scorpio and square Uranus in Taurus. That opposition is also in the 2nd and 8th.

I don't like that configuration much either. It looks like bickering and uncertainty and emotional conflict surrounding each other's loyalty and honesty.

The Earth Grand Trine involving Venus/Uranus/Jupiter can elevate things to a higher spiritual plane. But is it strong enough to overcome financial strain and uncertainty/jealousy from the 2 oppositions in the 2nd and 8th?

If your relationship is super strong and none of these issues are lurking below the surface , then just having your ceremony on this day shouldn't be too big an issue. But if there are 2nd/8th house concerns, and Sun/Mars opposition issues, or Moon square Mercury arguing/bickering concerns, than it might be better to have your actual vows on another day. Maybe the one in September?

Electing a wedding date is very difficult. I used to do it quite often when I was practicing Astrology and it was one of the hardest things to do because of the narrow windows of opportunity.

You are usually restricted to weekends and narrow time frames given by the venues availability, etc etc.

So one of the things that we often did was have 'two weddings.'

We would choose a very beneficial wedding time, the best one for the Sun/Moon, Venus /Mars aspects and beneficial Jupiter contacts with as few difficult aspects to Saturn and Pluto as possible.

And the bride and groom would get married at that time, just themselves and a witness, for the actual legal marriage.

They they would have a wedding on a weekend with all of their friends, as if it was the actual one, because it doesn't really matter if the entire family on both sides gets the astrological implications.

So that is something to consider.

As for this chart above, it has a few nice things, like the Grand Trine with Venus in the 7th and the Sun in Libra.

But there are several problematic things as well. I am not a big fan of the chart.

Jupiter, the co-ruler of the Asc, hence chart ruler, is in it's fall and applying to a conjunction with Pluto.

And the chart ruler is the apex of a t-square with the Sun/Mars opposition in the 2nd and 8th house---struggles with sexual issues and financial issues.

The Moon, which is very important in the marriage chart, is in Leo in the 6th.

The Moon is square Mercury in Scorpio and square Uranus in Taurus. That opposition is also in the 2nd and 8th.

I don't like that configuration much either. It looks like bickering and uncertainty and emotional conflict surrounding each other's loyalty and honesty.

The Earth Grand Trine involving Venus/Uranus/Jupiter can elevate things to a higher spiritual plane. But is it strong enough to overcome financial strain and uncertainty/jealousy from the 2 oppositions in the 2nd and 8th?

If your relationship is super strong and none of these issues are lurking below the surface , then just having your ceremony on this day shouldn't be too big an issue. But if there are 2nd/8th house concerns, and Sun/Mars opposition issues, or Moon square Mercury arguing/bickering concerns, than it might be better to have your actual vows on another day. Maybe the one in September?

Thank you, Katydid,

I am not against the idea of having our vows officiated on a different day. This is a great idea.

What I am taking away from your insight is that this day would be fine for a reception but signing the marriage contract, not so much. I am going to discuss this with him and most likely this is what well do.

Thank you so much for your input, you have helped me tremendously.