Libra Women a good match for Aries men?

bakerj93

Hi guys,

New to the site. Love everything about Astrology, am a big Zodiac head.

People say opposites attract, and that can be true, but in terms of being TOO opposite, i think this can true for the Aries and Libra, especially in a Libra Aries relationship. I had an ex, who as a Libra, everything she did, was always rubbing me the wrong way. I don't want to go into too much detail, but without sounding too vague, it was a love hate relationship. I loved her but i always hated her, and abhorred her. But she did something to me. She was a Libra 94, I was an Aries born in 93. My ascending is Leo, my sun is Pisces, my moon is Scorpio. Im not sure what her chart was specifically, but she had alot of libra in it also, Aquarius, a little bit of Virgo.

Anyway, in your experiences, they say that this is a good match, but is it really? Is it honestly? Tell me your experiences.

Thanks

Joshua

JasmineX

Libras and Aries usually do not get along very well. Because Aries is the leader so an aries man will try to control the libra woman, but libra women lose their identity when they're controlle, so you will notice a lot of fights, and a lot of misunderstanding, she might do something in a good intention and you wil perceive it in a wrong way and so on, especially with your scorpio moon you might find it hard to trust her or something like that. Also i dont see if you're an aries since you said u're a pisces sun.. but anyway this is my thought about libra aries. Of course you neeed the whole chart to really understand the relationship going on you can't base a whole solid opinion based on the suns. Good luck!

Sagcap88

They can, depending on their chart as a whole. I think the Libra woman would like the Aries man if her moon and/or mars was in Aries. They need some sign commonality. But in general, I wouldn’t put a Libra woman with an Aries man, let alone a man with moon in Aries. They clash. I also think Libra women clash badly with Aquarius men.

Libra’s and Leo’s go together nicely, though.

Osamenor

Staff member
She was a Libra 94, I was an Aries born in 93. My ascending is Leo, my sun is Pisces, my moon is Scorpio.

Two conflicting statements here. If you're an Aries, your sun can't be Pisces. If your sun is Pisces, you can't be an Aries.

Where's your Venus? And hers? Venus shows your way of doing relationships, your way of loving and relating. If your Venus is in square or opposition to the other person's, you'll have very different ways of doing relationships, which could create a strong sense of incompatibility.

It could also be that there's a strong dynamic in your chart, or hers, or both your charts, involving a personal planet and a generational planet. If, for example, one of you has Pluto square Venus and you're the same age give or take a couple years, the other person's Pluto would also square their Venus, tripping a Pluto/Venus dynamic in the relationship. Or, if someone has a moon/Pluto conjunction that squares or opposes a personal planet of the other person's, then you've got a possibly difficult dynamic there. Or any of several other possible combinations.

Edited to add: Sun sign says nothing about compatibility. People with "incompatible" (square or opposite) sun signs can be highly compatible partners if they have either harmonious aspects, or shared sign placement, between their moons and/or at least one or two personal planets, especially Venus. People with "compatible" (trine or sextile) sun signs may be highly incompatible as partners if they have a lot of challenging aspects involving their moons and personal planets.

Rising sign elements may also play a part. Some astrologers say (I personally don't have a strong opinion on this) that a relationship is most likely to be compatible if the partners' rising signs are either the same element (both fire signs, both earth signs, etc.) or the same polarity (fire and air or earth and water, but no combination of earth or water with air or fire). By that logic, you should pick a partner whose rising sign is either a fire sign or an air sign. However, that alone isn't enough to make or break a relationship.

And, from an evolutionary astrology standpoint, the more evolved people are, the less likely it is that even difficult aspects will cause them trouble. If people with challenging aspects between their Venuses recognize and accept that they and their partner have different styles of doing love, and learn to love that about each other, it can be a good relationship, probably one in which both partners grow tremendously. Same with challenging Mercury aspects: if you have one with your partner, you and they communicate in very different ways. That can ruin the relationship, or it can become a growth point for both of you.

Last edited:
It's hard to sustain an air & fire relationship, you shouldn't expect it to last without sacrifices because the fire gains but the air loses, the air can only gain if it can exercise control over you and command you as it likes, If you notice that the air part treat you badly, that's because it wants to keep you under control and not allow you to become ultrapositive and free which would spell its own doom, when someone becomes ultrapositive, it means he/she got a lot of energy and a lot of energy bring happiness but at the same time, someone else lost this energy in order for you to be happy and the one who lost it is most likely the air part.

As a fire sign, I notice this a lot when I deal with air signs, they are VERY meany to me, it feels like they hate me and it's understable, they probably feel like we are gonna absorb them and use them to our advantage, some of them may get along with us if they feel they can gain by using us and then they will leave when they see that it's not possible. All in all, air & fire relationship are only good for the short term.

Of course, things can change IF the air sign has other extra relationships with water signs? in that case, I noticed that it endures more since it heals from the fire damage? It becomes more sustainable then and the person behave better.

Also, you are wrong, fire and air aren't the exact opposite, they are very close to each other. The most sustainable relationships are those of the same sign, exact opposite sign (e.g fire/earth) OR where the man is the weak sign and the woman is the strong, since a man is stronger and can endure. Go search in wikipedia and you will see that almost all famous and longlasting relationships are those of the same sign, common astrology is completely wrong when it say stuff like fire and air are good relationship for the long term.

My advice to you is to make a sacrifice and act as a pet to your girlfriend, if you want to keep her in your life, you just gotta take the **** if you want to take the happiness as well. There is no gain without sacrifice, otherwise go and find a water sign to match with and believe me, you won't feel as free, strong and happy but at least your girlfriend won't be bad to you, since water gains from fire, we power them up... , fire & air relationship demands a lot of maturity from the fire sign.

Januarystorm

i also dont get the im an aries but a leo asc, pisces sun moon in scorpio? where's the aries?

i dont think that sun-aries and sun-libras necessarily would have great compatibility- the libra/aries compatibility is when the ascendants are in those signs- having the sun and moon in a generally soft positive aspect is more favorable for nice compatibility than having it in opposite signs

i think that what astrologically makes aries and libra ASCENDANT signs a good match for each other (as do all other opposite ascendant signs)
is the fact they complement each other whilst still being of the same polarity

the ideal relationship is never the one where both parties are exactly the same, identical in their characteristics, because we are essentially forming relationships with others to give- not the be the same- we want to learn and grow as humans through connecting with others, and you cant learn or grow from someone who is your exact replica- and does everything exactly like you- its gonna be easy and smooth and probably you will always agree on every single thing and thats not progress- thats just plain boring

in relationships we should celebrate progress- not perfection
and thats what the ascendant-signs compatibility is all about- through cooperation within the differences you progress and become better and learn certain things that are usually the opposite of how you would do them yourself- thereby elevating yourself to a higher level of consciousness

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
Also, you are wrong, fire and air aren't the exact opposite, they are very close to each other. The most sustainable relationships are those of the same sign, exact opposite sign (e.g fire/earth)
How are you defining "exact opposite"? Up thread, when the OP used the term, he was referring to air and fire signs being exactly opposite each other in the zodiac wheel, which they are.

Air and fire are the same polarity (masculine, or yang). The interesting thing about signs in the same polarity is that they always form either an opposition or a sextile with each other. Either they incite each other to dance (sextile) or they play tug-of-war and see-saw (opposition).

Fire and earth signs, in contrast, could be said to have irreconcilable differences (doesn't mean people with fire sign suns automatically have irreconcilable differences with people with earth sign suns--the differences are between the signs themselves, not the people). Either they're adjacent to each other, or they square each other, or they're quincunx. So, they don't "talk to" each other in an easily harmonious way. Either they don't communicate at all, or they always argue.

How are you defining "exact opposite"? Up thread, when the OP used the term, he was referring to air and fire signs being exactly opposite each other in the zodiac wheel, which they are.

Air and fire are the same polarity (masculine, or yang). The interesting thing about signs in the same polarity is that they always form either an opposition or a sextile with each other. Either they incite each other to dance (sextile) or they play tug-of-war and see-saw (opposition).

Fire and earth signs, in contrast, could be said to have irreconcilable differences (doesn't mean people with fire sign suns automatically have irreconcilable differences with people with earth sign suns--the differences are between the signs themselves, not the people). Either they're adjacent to each other, or they square each other, or they're quincunx. So, they don't "talk to" each other in an easily harmonious way. Either they don't communicate at all, or they always argue.

By opposite I mean, fire is an aggressive element while earth is a defensive element. Earth creates a mass and fire devours it, in some sense air and fire are more similar because air is more of an attacking element (pushing) while water is a stalling element, therefore the opposite of air.

You are right about the last part, earth and fire don't communicate well and none is interested to each other but thats exactly the reason, they can form a sustainable relationship.

Communication is a form of energy trade or fusion AKA war. Air and fire communicate perfectly but that's not neccesarily a good thing, it means that they engage into an energy trade because they are interested on each other, this will begin well but eventually, the trade will lead to a winner and a loser and then the split will happen because the loser will need to gather his pieces and the winner will be out of control seeking for more.

When you have fire and earth, such trade takes place slowly because none cares for each other, everyone can sustain their own energies and you never have a winner or loser, so the split may never happen, although it will be SO boring. I notice this with my taurus mother and virgo sister, we rarely talk and when we do there is nothing interesting about it but that keeps the conflicts down as well so we can carry on. Also my grandpa who was Capricorn managed to stay 60 years with my Leo grandma, they argued a lot but again, no winner or loser, they managed to pull through everything.

Losing of energy doesn't take place between opposite elements or same elements and that's the most sustainable relationships. Sadly, no scenario in life can lead to an ultra positive situation, life is created to be balanced. Me as a sagittarius, I dream for the perfect Aquarius woman, and ironically most of the women I fall for are aquarius but I know that such relationships will not last long and it will hurt when it ends. Life is a ***** :sad: , Keep in mind air & fire make great friends and that's more sustainable.

Last edited:

Januarystorm

By opposite I mean, fire is an aggressive element while earth is a defensive element. Earth creates a mass and fire devours it, in some sense air and fire are more similar because air is more of an attacking element (pushing) while water is a stalling element, therefore the opposite of air.

You are right about the last part, earth and fire don't communicate well and none is interested to each other but thats exactly the reason, they can form a sustainable relationship.

Communication is a form of energy trade or fusion AKA war. Air and fire communicate perfectly but that's not neccesarily a good thing, it means that they engage into an energy trade because they are interested on each other, this will begin well but eventually, the trade will lead to a winner and a loser and then the split will happen because the loser will need to gather his pieces and the winner will be out of control seeking for more.

When you have fire and earth, such trade takes place slowly because none cares for each other, everyone can sustain their own energies and you never have a winner or loser, so the split may never happen, although it will be SO boring. I notice this with my taurus mother and virgo sister, we rarely talk and when we do there is nothing interesting about it but that keeps the conflicts down as well so we can carry on. Also my grandpa who was Capricorn managed to stay 60 years with my Leo grandma, they argued a lot but again, no winner or loser, they managed to pull through everything.

Losing of energy doesn't take place between opposite elements or same elements and that's the most sustainable relationships. Sadly, no scenario in life can lead to an ultra positive situation, life is created to be balanced. Me as a sagittarius, I dream for the perfect Aquarius woman, and ironically most of the women I fall for are aquarius but I know that such relationships will not last long and it will hurt when it ends. Life is a ***** :sad: , Keep in mind air & fire make great friends and that's more sustainable.

sorry but- what kind of understanding of human relationships is that? why do there have to be winners and losers in relationships? if you are looking at human connection through such a negative prism- with winners and losers or no one wins no one loses- kind of attitude- than maybe you are not understanding something about the basic human core of our existence which is love- there are no losers and winners in love- in love you are loved- or you get hurt- which also helps you grow- when matters are connected to the heart, your way of explaining is to say the least- of a lower intelligence.

also astrologically speaking the opposite signs explanation- doesnt make any sense whatsoever.

conspiracy theorist

To be to fair AO, his understanding of the elements and his attributions of them have basis in classical elemental thought (like the humours of traditional astrology), in the attribution by the mbti/Jungian adherents of Fire as Intuition vs. Earth as Sensing, and Water as feeling vs. Air as thinking, as well as in the case of magical directions whereby East is Air in direct opposition to West as Water, and South as Fire in direct opposition to North as Earth (which when juxtaposed to the angular cross in an astrological chart will indicate many very pertinent correspondences). So his posts actually has a lot of precedent in regard to elemental theory, but being on an astrologically focused forum there will be confusion if it not clarified in what manner the term "opposite" is being used.

Last edited:
sorry but- what kind of understanding of human relationships is that? why do there have to be winners and losers in relationships? if you are looking at human connection through such a negative prism- with winners and losers or no one wins no one loses- kind of attitude- than maybe you are not understanding something about the basic human core of our existence which is love- there are no losers and winners in love- in love you are loved- or you get hurt- which also helps you grow- when matters are connected to the heart, your way of explaining is to say the least- of a lower intelligence.

also astrologically speaking the opposite signs explanation- doesnt make any sense whatsoever.

Love is an addiction or passion for the another's one energy, you may not realize this but it's still a materialistic feeling of possesion, there is nothing superficial or magic about it, you are just being tricked to believe that it is.

People say that sacrifice and passion are not the same and that sacrifice represents love better but that's incorrect. Sacrificing means you are still addicted that's why you can afford to do such a thing, it means you gain or you believe that you will gain. In another words, love is still war, if it wasn't then you would never get hurt.

A scenario of mutual love is a scenario without winners or losers yet, it means that the war is still in place, not all wars are created equal, some are slow while others are fast, some may never end. Did I say that all scenarios end up with winners and losers? Look at my post again.

If you are being hurt in a relationship, it means that you had too much but now you lost them, at the same time it means that the another one lacks desire and is now seeking something else because he/she didn't gain anything from you. That's the laws of the universe, they can never lead to an ultrapositive situation because the energy is not infinite, they always lead to balance, the one who had too much lose them and the one who had nothing rebels to gain more. But this takes place after the relationship ends. During the relationship the one who lacked desire was losing and the one who got hurt in the end was winning.

"helps you grow", It doesn't change anything, no matter how much you grow, the energy will never be infinite, in the end you will get your happiness fast and the another one will abandon you faster or you will get it slower and the two of you will last longer. Life is such that it doesn't really give you a choice. In fact one of the reason humanity suffers so much is because people believe in the infinite gain or ultrapositive scenario, if we understood that anything we gain had a cost for someone else then we would be more mature and capable to handle our problems.

Finally, yes sorry, in fact I don't have much knowledge about charts etc. So my opinion is more philosophical that combines astrology elements into it, I believe in the zodiac but I have a totally different view on them which is heavy on elements, I can go deeper with it but yeah that's not astrology.

Last edited: