German teacher or marketing communications manager???

angie

hi all,
i'm new to the forum.lately,i've been thinking about my possible future career and i am a bit puzzled.i've always wanted to become a german teacher(due to sun/mercury in the ninth house,i guess).however,now i'm also interested in marketing communications,because it's a job with better prospects.looking at my chart,which do you think would be better suited to me?
thanks in advance for your help.

Last edited:

Lissa

Hi there Angie!You must have been born one year after me:)

Teaching sounds good to me.As you noticed yourself,you have the Sun/Mercury in the9th,the house of learning.Jupiter,the sign that traditionally rules the9th house and that also happens to rule your9th house,is in Virgo,the sign of service,opposing your Pisces Moon/Mars.I know oppositions are traditionally regarded as *bad*,but I see a lot of potential coming from this aspect.

When we want to look at one's career,we must,first of all,look at the10th and it's rulers.Your 10th house is ruled by Mars,and you have your Mars in Pisces,playing into the Jupiter/Moon opposition.Pisces is a sign that enjoys helping others-this would be good for helping others learning.And you have a dignified Saturn in the7th,which can help in making others seeing you and respecting you as a figure of autorithy.

Another thing that striked me abut your chart is that tight Chiron/Ascendant conjunction.You can be seen by others as a healer,someone who is there to help and advice others.This,combined with the7th house Saturn,would help your students seeing you as both someone who they can run to for advice and an autorithy figure who they must obey.The Chiron/Ascendant conjunction is very good for being seen as a healer;with your Pisces Moon in the8th,you can tap on easily to people's inner being...or at least you have a great interest in doing so!Even if you don't turn out as a teacher,I think you would be very good as a counselor.Cheers,Lissa

angie

thank you lissa!:)your post is very enlightening!most of the things you wrote are indeed parts of my personality.thanks again for your invaluable help!you see,i'm a beginner in astrology and i can't interprete things as clearly as you do.
oh!i would also like to know-if possible-the significance of uranus/neptune and their aspects in the 6th house,as far as work is concerned.

Lissa

Hi again Angie!

Uranus/Neptune in the6th may mean your subbordinates will be inconstant,*unreliable* people that may need lots of atention and direction,so that you can be sure they get things done.Meaning,you will find your students very rebelious!

Lissa

I just noticed your Uranus/Neptune squares your Sun and makes a sextile to your exalted Venus in Pisces.Try not work out your problems with your students by being overly pushy and demanding,but try to work out creative solutions instead.You'll be far more successful at getting their atention if you use some creativity in your classes,other than being EXTREMLY strict.Allow your classes to be a place of creative learning and debate;the Uranus/Neptune conjunction also means your students will learn better by non-traditional methods.Cheers,Lissa

angie

thanks again lissa!you are a big help!it's true that i get a bit bossy and demanding when i don't have things my way,but i always use all my imagination and creativity to convince people to trust my ideas.and i'm generally in favour of nontraditional learning methods as they significantly facilitate learning and make it more interesting.sterile knowledge is not my thing.anyway,thanks for your advice and i'll make sure i keep everything in mind.cheers!