Do you feel your short term transits?

I had Sun opposite natal Pluto last week for a few days, and I definitely felt it the entire time it was in orb. It was absolutely draining and there were some minor shifts in my life. I also notice when I have Sun squaring Venus or Venus squaring or opposing my Uranus, I tend to have scattered energy or there will be some sort of issue happening in my relationship simultaneously. Then once the quick transit is over, everything returns to normal. Coincidence? They say the short term transits don't make much of an impact, but I've checked on my transits the last few times I've felt weird or "off", and sure enough they seemed to align with what was happening in my life at those times...

Lin

We can feel short term aspects, if several happen at the same time.
Full moons, Mars squares and opps to other personal planets, etc.

If you have emotional occurances often during each month I would do some research. If you have overly emotional feelings of any type, check the ephemeris during each of these occurances and make a list. Record the aspects of that day....check them against your chart positions of personal planets.

do this for 6 months. Make sure that the Personal Planets are responsible for what you feel. If Jupiter or Saturn makes aspects at the same time to the same planets, then it's not the personal planets you feel. It's a combination....which is more common.
LIN

miquar

Hi ilikeskittles. I tend to lose track of my long term transits, let alone short term ones, but there have been times when I've noticed that a short term transit has coincided with a 'sympathetic' experience. I've found it particularly with Mercury; I have Mercury in Aquarius closely trine Uranus, and there have been days when a short term Mercurial transit has been happening that my mind has been very active, but I've not been able to focus. As Lin says, these experiences are more likely when the short term transit is acting as a trigger for a long term transit.

It could be that the relationship stuff you mention is also an expression of a 'shared transit' where you and your partner experience a short term transit on the same day because you have a close synastry aspect (and where there is a close synastry aspect between the same factor in each chart, the position of this factor in the composite chart is also transited.)

I've also found that if I feel different for a week or so it can be because a slower moving transiting factor is aspecting a midpoint - these transits to midpoints seem to only operate within much smaller orbs than transits to celestial bodies or angles, but can be very powerful within that range (mainly with the conjunction and opposition, but also with squares and even with less 'fundamental' aspects).

With regard to the transiting Sun opposite Pluto, it might be worth checking out which natal midpoints closely aspect natal Pluto, and also if any slower moving transiting bodies were aspecting natal Pluto at that time. And of course if any other short term transits to other natal factors coincided with it.

Best wishes

Miquar

Erulastiel14

Depends on the planet. I felt Mars in retrograde last year because it went over my Sun/Moon/AC 3 times. It coincided with a low point in an already low year for me. I literally felt like I was crawling out of my skin psychologically.

Other than that I think short term transits from the personal planets tend to reinforce long term transits from the outer planets.