Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Traditional Astrology

Traditional Astrology For discussions on Traditional Astrology only. (Note: Typically, traditional astrology is defined as using techniques developed prior to 1700 by astrologers from the Hellenistic, Persian, Hebrew, and Renaissance eras. In general, it relies on Ptolemaic aspects (sextile, trine, square, opposition and conjunction) though there may be some exceptions, and always excludes modern planets (Neptune, Uranus and Pluto,) as well as any asteroids. The focus is less on what would be considered modern psychological chart interpretation and more on prediction. Members who wish to explore a combination of traditional and modern ideas should feel free to start a new thread in an appropriate forum for further discussion.)

Unread 05-08-2018, 12:37 AM

Zodiac Diagram Interpretation

https://ibb.co/cArjyn

Hello. I am learning about numerology and astrology and came across this diagram. Each section is also divided into 10 degrees with 3 different planets. Can someone please help me understand why these certain planets are in the particular sections they are in? Thanks!

Unread 05-08-2018, 02:46 AM

Re: Zodiac Diagram Interpretation

Quote:
Originally Posted by saracosm View Post
https://ibb.co/cArjyn

Hello. I am learning about numerology and astrology and came across this diagram. Each section is also divided into 10 degrees with 3 different planets. Can someone please help me understand why these certain planets are in the particular sections they are in? Thanks!
Hi. These 10 degrees portions are known as decans (tenths) and each zodiacal sign has 3 decans. Originally, in the Egyptian tradition those were related to specific asterisms that rise over the latitude of Egypt.

However, at a certain point in the Hellenistic tradition, another concept of planetary face was introduced. These were more rarely used in the Hellenistic tradition (2nd c. BC - 7th c. AD), but they became very popular in the medieval tradition. This scheme implied that the first decan of Aries is alloted to Mars and then the rest are alloted to the planets in the seven zone sphere (also known as Chaldean order, here it is descending, starting from Mars to Sun to Venus and so on).
Unread 05-08-2018, 03:35 AM

Wow, thanks so much for clarifying that. I wonder, though, what it means when two sections have the same planets within, such as Taurus and Sagittarius?
Unread 05-08-2018, 07:06 AM

Post Re: Zodiac Diagram Interpretation

February 15 is represented by the number 6 and the planet Venus, also my last decan of Aquarius is represented by Venus. The reason why there are decans is they're related to other signs of the same element, like Aquarius has decans of the signs (Aquarius for first under Saturn, Gemini for second under Mercury).

But in your link shown the image of decans, it shows my decan is ruled by the Moon and Venus rules the first instead. I can't decide which version is correct and we're on topic regarding traditional astrology and the use of decans plus numerology (my decan number is 6 or 2). There are only 7 numbers used here.

The days of the week in numerology named for planets: I was born on a friday.
Sunday-Sun (1), Monday-Moon (2), Tuesday-Mars (4 or 3), Wednesday-Mercury (5), Thursday-Jupiter (3 or 4), Friday-Venus (6) and Saturday-Saturn (7).

Tags
diagram, interpretation, zodiac