Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Aspects & configurations

Aspects & configurations Discuss here about natal chart aspects and configurations.

Unread 11-12-2017, 10:21 PM

Merc-Sqre-Uran: Mental Defect?

Have it, know it, love it. Not the easiest aspect in my chart, but probably one of the more dynamic ones. Anyone else have it, know it, love it? Your thoughts on life with it? Curious where others with it stand on it.

[Note: Edited the title of the this thread so is focuses on the aspect and not politics - since it seems the discussion is about Mercury square Uranus and adding politics into it will quickly derail that focus)

Last edited by wilsontc; 11-13-2017 at 05:34 PM.
Unread 11-12-2017, 11:15 PM

Re: Merc-Sqre-Uran: Mental Mefect or Donald Trump-Card?

adverse Mercury-Uranus aspects make for an erratic and stubborn individual who Believes he is right no matter what. Hitler had this aspect, the opposition I Think. It's the "know-it-all" aspect yet these individuals are often wrong. they refuse to listen to otehr's advice etc.
Unread 11-12-2017, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animatrix View Post
adverse Mercury-Uranus aspects make for an erratic and stubborn individual who Believes he is right no matter what. Hitler had this aspect, the opposition I Think. It's the "know-it-all" aspect yet these individuals are often wrong. they refuse to listen to otehr's advice etc.
Stubborn, sure. Most people are. (I'd say a Mercury-Square-Saturn aspect is more indicative of stubbornness, however.) But bear in mind that Uranus is the seeker of truth, not some mopey schmuck with a vendetta. And we listen to others' advice just fine. We are, however, too honest to give the impression we are agreeing your advice when we don't agree with it in the first place. The issue for us is honesty and truth, rather than a concession to a social model.

Facts are funny like that, though. What is seen as incorrect one day may be the missing puzzle piece the next. UraniMercs never throw away information, even if we don't initially agree with it. Also, mom and I are constantly at each others' throats over whether or not I ever "listen to" her. Limitless examples of my asking her advice or not questioning her statements when she makes a claim. Problem is her hyper-sensitivity coupled with my unerring honesty of perspective. She's actually gotten much better about it in the past few years as I've taught her astrology and shown her the correlations between our respective behaviors and our natal charts and synastry.
Unread 11-12-2017, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquarianRising View Post
Stubborn, sure. Most people are. (I'd say a Mercury-Square-Saturn aspect is more indicative of stubbornness, however.) But bear in mind that Uranus is the seeker of truth, not some mopey schmuck with a vendetta. And we listen to others' advice just fine. We are, however, too honest to give the impression we are agreeing your advice when we don't agree with it in the first place. The issue for us is honesty and truth, rather than a concession to a social model.

Facts are funny like that, though. What is seen as incorrect one day may be the missing puzzle piece the next. UraniMercs never throw away information, even if we don't initially agree with it. Also, mom and I are constantly at each others' throats over whether or not I ever "listen to" her. Limitless examples of my asking her advice or not questioning her statements when she makes a claim. Problem is her hyper-sensitivity coupled with my unerring honesty of perspective. She's actually gotten much better about it in the past few years as I've taught her astrology and shown her the correlations between our respective behaviors and our natal charts and synastry.
Yeah I agree I have Mercury trine Uranus. I jsut gave an example of Mercury Square Uranus at its worst!

Mercury-Uranus is also indicative of a highly original mind. My friends who got this aspect write in their own style, a friend of mine who has Merc-Uran invented a lot of smileys, he Always used his own, never someone else's.

Brilliant ideas and flashes of insight is common for Merc-Uran people.
The Following User Says Thank You to Animatrix For This Useful Post:
AquarianRising (11-12-2017)
Unread 11-12-2017, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Yeah I agree I have Mercury trine Uranus. I jsut gave an example of Mercury Square Uranus at its worst!

Mercury-Uranus is also indicative of a highly original mind. My friends who got this aspect write in their own style, a friend of mine who has Merc-Uran invented a lot of smileys, he Always used his own, never someone else's.

Brilliant ideas and flashes of insight is common for Merc-Uran people.
Capital "A" -- Always.
Unread 11-12-2017, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Capital "A" -- Always.
Haha, it's my stupid computer that insists on using capital letters and I sometimes don't bother to correct it, excuse me LOL.

Have any idea on how to turn this off? Annoying!
Unread 11-12-2017, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Haha, it's my stupid computer that insists on using capital letters and I sometimes don't bother to correct it, excuse me LOL.

Is it like Windows 8? I hate Windows 8... Tried to make it more user-friendly, just f*cked it up all around. I dig the Metro UI, but the implementation is much better in Win10 than Win8, IMO.

But, yeah, what platform? Might be able to trouble-shoot it.
Unread 11-12-2017, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Is it like Windows 8? I hate Windows 8... Tried to make it more user-friendly, just f*cked it up all around. I dig the Metro UI, but the implementation is much better in Win10 than Win8, IMO.

But, yeah, what platform? Might be able to trouble-shoot it.
I've win10 I Think.

By the way, do you speak in an unusual way with this configuration?
Unread 11-13-2017, 12:05 AM

Quote:
I've win10 I Think.

By the way, do you speak in an unusual way with this configuration?
Does a bear **** in the woods?

Yeah, I've got Mars and Mercury in Leo, as well, with Mars and Venus in my Third House, so I'm a bit of a showboat with some flair all my own, although I was incredibly shy for my entire teen experience. Had a stutter in my mid-teens, which is very UraniMerc-ish. Mercury represents early school experiences, as much as communications, too, and I had a pretty rough time in elementary school. Used to just get up, walk over to the classroom's library and start reading books in the middle of math class because that sh!t didn't interest me at all. :ROFL: Art, history, science, and recess; those were my majors in elementary school.
Unread 11-13-2017, 12:13 AM

Quote:
https://www.howtogeek.com/244272/how...in-windows-10/

Settings > Devices > Typing
Unread 11-13-2017, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Does a bear **** in the woods?

Yeah, I've got Mars and Mercury in Leo, as well, with Mars and Venus in my Third House, so I'm a bit of a showboat with some flair all my own, although I was incredibly shy for my entire teen experience. Had a stutter in my mid-teens, which is very UraniMerc-ish. Mercury represents early school experiences, as much as communications, too, and I had a pretty rough time in elementary school. Used to just get up, walk over to the classroom's library and start reading books in the middle of math class because that sh!t didn't interest me at all. :ROFL: Art, history, science, and recess; those were my majors in elementary school.
With Mars in the 3rd, you could be speaking in a very direct and aggressive way? Just discussing here with you gave me this impression, like you sensed I was getting personal or something and you bite back immediately. I have Venus in my 3rd house, so I am a bit of a diplomat in that sense.

Funny though, I also had a speaking problem when I was a Child, not stuttering though.
Unread 11-13-2017, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Man, ain't that the truth. My grumpa is having a helluva time in his twilight years. No Alzheimer's, like granny's got, but he's slowed waaaay down.
I've worked with elderly so I know, sometimes they display a marked change of their mental dispositions, regardless of any serious disease. It's aging you know, the brain is rotting away, excuse me.
AquarianRising (11-13-2017)
Unread 11-13-2017, 12:18 AM

Quote:
I have those but it doesn't work omg!
Unread 11-13-2017, 12:19 AM

Quote:
With Mars in the 3rd, you could be speaking in a very direct and aggressive way? Just discussing here with you gave me this impression, like you sensed I was getting personal or something and you bite back immediately. I have Venus in my 3rd house, so I am a bit of a diplomat in that sense.

Funny though, I also had a speaking problem when I was a Child, not stuttering though.
Speech impediments and/or shyness when speaking with strangers or to an audience is pretty much routine with hard UraniMerc aspects, yeah.

And no question that I growl a bit when I figure someone is making an unreasoned assertion against a category of people, particularly one to which I belong, yeah. Harsh facts are a reality, doesn't mean I've gotta like what I perceive to be baseless accusations being chucked at my noodle. (The thing's got enough dings as it is.) But no harm, no foul.
Unread 11-13-2017, 12:20 AM

Quote:
I have those but it doesn't work omg!
Wierd... Huh. You have the latest update, yeah?
Unread 11-13-2017, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Wierd... Huh. You have the latest update, yeah?
I Think it's because my settings are set on Another language.

Quote:
Speech impediments and/or shyness when speaking with strangers or to an audience is pretty much routine with hard UraniMerc aspects, yeah.

And no question that I growl a bit when I figure someone is making an unreasoned assertion against a category of people, particularly one to which I belong, yeah. Harsh facts are a reality, doesn't mean I've gotta like what I perceive to be baseless accusations being chucked at my noodle. (The thing's got enough dings as it is.) But no harm, no foul.
I Think it's because I study the aspects of extremes. You know, ordinary people on the street usually do NOT express their charts very sharply, so it's funny to look at the extremes. For instance; a mars square Saturn aspect in an ordinary, otherwise sound and balanced individual may simply be expressed as some frustration here and there, but taken to its extreme, it suggests deep seated bitterness and even hatred.
Unread 11-13-2017, 12:32 AM

Quote:
I Think it's because my settings are set on Another language.

I Think it's because I study the aspects of extremes. You know, ordinary people on the street usually do NOT express their charts very sharply, so it's funny to look at the extremes. For instance; a mars square Saturn aspect in an ordinary, otherwise sound and balanced individual may simply be expressed as some frustration here and there, but taken to its extreme, it suggests deep seated bitterness and even hatred.
Yeah, I've even read that aspect described as potential physical violence or even physical abuse from a paternal figure.
Unread 11-13-2017, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Yeah, I've even read that aspect described as potential physical violence or even physical abuse from a paternal figure.
For that matter, Saturn essentially represents fear, so in a hard aspect with such a forceful and bloody indicator as Mars, it's not difficult to see where such an interpretation comes from.
Unread 11-13-2017, 12:41 AM

Quote:
I've known several people with that aspect and they have all been, with one exception, angry and hateful, bitter individuals, with contempt for weakness, without genuine sympathy. They can be so cruel and Cold like no other.
Unread 11-13-2017, 12:42 AM

Quote:
For that matter, Saturn essentially represents fear, so in a hard aspect with such a forceful and bloody indicator as Mars, it's not difficult to see where such an interpretation comes from.
Yeah and Saturn limits and restricts, so their anger builds up, they have nowhere to Place it, so it builds up to explosive levels.
Yet, they are often very cowardly and timid. They are only cruel and angry towards weaker people. It is certainly not an aspect of courage.
Unread 11-13-2017, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Yeah and Saturn limits and restricts, so their anger builds up, they have nowhere to Place it, so it builds up to explosive levels.
Yet, they are often very cowardly and timid. They are only cruel and angry towards weaker people. It is certainly not an aspect of courage.
It's a pretty messed-up situation to have to live through.

Y'know, when I see discussions of like school shooters or family-killing suiciders, I almost always end up being the only person in the conversation expressing a need to remember that their actions should be condemned but they didn't just wake up and decide to be colossal douchebags one day. Monsters are made, not born, and they can be unmade, as well. Usually. Some are tenaciously monstrous. But I've known "monsters" who acted from pain and anger, and it's always seemed really f*ckin' sad to me. You don't fight fire with fire, or you're only gonna burn the house down faster. You've gotta meet wrath with mercy, precautions against further harm from the perp aside.
Unread 11-13-2017, 01:07 AM

Quote:
It's a pretty messed-up situation to have to live through.

Y'know, when I see discussions of like school shooters or family-killing suiciders, I almost always end up being the only person in the conversation expressing a need to remember that their actions should be condemned but they didn't just wake up and decide to be colossal douchebags one day. Monsters are made, not born, and they can be unmade, as well. Usually. Some are tenaciously monstrous. But I've known "monsters" who acted from pain and anger, and it's always seemed really f*ckin' sad to me. You don't fight fire with fire, or you're only gonna burn the house down faster. You've gotta meet wrath with mercy, precautions against further harm from the perp aside.
I do agree with you, and I Think God wants us humans to be merciful. We shouldn't be revengeful and hateful even towards evil people, because evil people do suffer. You can't be evil and happy at the same time, yet of course they must be condemned.

But there are two kinds of people. People who turn their hatred inwards, against themselves, and people who direct it towards others. It is the same thing anyway, just directed in different ways.

It is common to see Children being mean to other Children, and when they grow up, they quench this anger/hate towards others, because they feel ashamed for it, and instead they turn it inwards.
Unread 11-13-2017, 01:17 AM

Quote:
I do agree with you, and I Think God wants us humans to be merciful. We shouldn't be revengeful and hateful even towards evil people, because evil people do suffer. You can't be evil and happy at the same time, yet of course they must be condemned.

But there are two kinds of people. People who turn their hatred inwards, against themselves, and people who direct it towards others. It is the same thing anyway, just directed in different ways.

It is common to see Children being mean to other Children, and when they grow up, they quench this anger/hate towards others, because they feel ashamed for it, and instead they turn it inwards.
I'm not fond of the word "evil" -- too dogmatic. It's simply a matter of human nature. Children learn what they are taught.

POINT IN CASE
Unread 11-13-2017, 02:11 AM

Quote:
I'm not fond of the word "evil" -- too dogmatic. It's simply a matter of human nature. Children learn what they are taught.

POINT IN CASE
But if we can't call evil for what it is, what can we call good then?
Unread 11-13-2017, 02:50 AM

Quote:
But if we can't call evil for what it is, what can we call good then?
Evil is an absolute negative. The terms "negative" and "positive" are also generally used as absolutes, but they're generally only used in describing specific factors of an overall. Absolutes simply don't exist in reality. Death and destruction have to take place for new life to grow in its place. Mothers who over-feed their children typically mean well, and certainly I like to eat good food, myself, but as I can't imagine you haven't heard somewhere, "too much of a good thing can be bad for you."

People with no significant moral code can do good, people with significant moral codes can do harm, and life is full of things that don't add up until you start looking beneath the surface. It's the Yin and Yang of the cosmos, bub. Important stuff. The propensity for religions to promote dogmatism is one of the most abhorrent practices in this present Age. It's important to take time analyzing the details of any given circumstance, but falling back on dogmas removes the emphasis from understanding and replaces it with a superficial, all-covering assessment that if it feels bad, it must be evil. That sets a very different tone, and it's the same tone these mass murderers use to justify their actions.

Defining negatives from positives is part of developing healthy judgment, and is therefore very important for everyone, but only when you follow through and try to understand the negative and positive factors in a subject, rather than just painting a single color over the whole thing, you see?

Tags
defect, donald, mefect, mental, mercsqreuran, trumpcard