Merc-Sqre-Uran: Mental Defect?

AquarianRising

Have it, know it, love it. Not the easiest aspect in my chart, but probably one of the more dynamic ones. Anyone else have it, know it, love it? Your thoughts on life with it? Curious where others with it stand on it.

[Note: Edited the title of the this thread so is focuses on the aspect and not politics - since it seems the discussion is about Mercury square Uranus and adding politics into it will quickly derail that focus)

Last edited by a moderator:

Animatrix

Re: Merc-Sqre-Uran: Mental Mefect or Donald Trump-Card?

adverse Mercury-Uranus aspects make for an erratic and stubborn individual who Believes he is right no matter what. Hitler had this aspect, the opposition I Think. It's the "know-it-all" aspect yet these individuals are often wrong. they refuse to listen to otehr's advice etc.

AquarianRising

adverse Mercury-Uranus aspects make for an erratic and stubborn individual who Believes he is right no matter what. Hitler had this aspect, the opposition I Think. It's the "know-it-all" aspect yet these individuals are often wrong. they refuse to listen to otehr's advice etc.

Stubborn, sure. Most people are. (I'd say a Mercury-Square-Saturn aspect is more indicative of stubbornness, however.) But bear in mind that Uranus is the seeker of truth, not some mopey schmuck with a vendetta. And we listen to others' advice just fine. We are, however, too honest to give the impression we are agreeing your advice when we don't agree with it in the first place. The issue for us is honesty and truth, rather than a concession to a social model.

Facts are funny like that, though. What is seen as incorrect one day may be the missing puzzle piece the next. UraniMercs never throw away information, even if we don't initially agree with it. Also, mom and I are constantly at each others' throats over whether or not I ever "listen to" her. Limitless examples of my asking her advice or not questioning her statements when she makes a claim. Problem is her hyper-sensitivity coupled with my unerring honesty of perspective. She's actually gotten much better about it in the past few years as I've taught her astrology and shown her the correlations between our respective behaviors and our natal charts and synastry.

Animatrix

Stubborn, sure. Most people are. (I'd say a Mercury-Square-Saturn aspect is more indicative of stubbornness, however.) But bear in mind that Uranus is the seeker of truth, not some mopey schmuck with a vendetta. And we listen to others' advice just fine. We are, however, too honest to give the impression we are agreeing your advice when we don't agree with it in the first place. The issue for us is honesty and truth, rather than a concession to a social model.

Facts are funny like that, though. What is seen as incorrect one day may be the missing puzzle piece the next. UraniMercs never throw away information, even if we don't initially agree with it. Also, mom and I are constantly at each others' throats over whether or not I ever "listen to" her. Limitless examples of my asking her advice or not questioning her statements when she makes a claim. Problem is her hyper-sensitivity coupled with my unerring honesty of perspective. She's actually gotten much better about it in the past few years as I've taught her astrology and shown her the correlations between our respective behaviors and our natal charts and synastry.

Yeah I agree I have Mercury trine Uranus. I jsut gave an example of Mercury Square Uranus at its worst!

Mercury-Uranus is also indicative of a highly original mind. My friends who got this aspect write in their own style, a friend of mine who has Merc-Uran invented a lot of smileys, he Always used his own, never someone else's.

Brilliant ideas and flashes of insight is common for Merc-Uran people.

AquarianRising

Yeah I agree I have Mercury trine Uranus. I jsut gave an example of Mercury Square Uranus at its worst!

Mercury-Uranus is also indicative of a highly original mind. My friends who got this aspect write in their own style, a friend of mine who has Merc-Uran invented a lot of smileys, he Always used his own, never someone else's.

Brilliant ideas and flashes of insight is common for Merc-Uran people.

Capital "A" -- Always. :biggrin:

AquarianRising

Haha, it's my stupid computer that insists on using capital letters and I sometimes don't bother to correct it, excuse me LOL.

Have any idea on how to turn this off? Annoying!

Is it like Windows 8? I hate Windows 8... Tried to make it more user-friendly, just f*cked it up all around. I dig the Metro UI, but the implementation is much better in Win10 than Win8, IMO.

But, yeah, what platform? Might be able to trouble-shoot it.

Animatrix

Is it like Windows 8? I hate Windows 8... Tried to make it more user-friendly, just f*cked it up all around. I dig the Metro UI, but the implementation is much better in Win10 than Win8, IMO.

But, yeah, what platform? Might be able to trouble-shoot it.

I've win10 I Think.

By the way, do you speak in an unusual way with this configuration?

AquarianRising

I've win10 I Think.

By the way, do you speak in an unusual way with this configuration?

Does a bear **** in the woods? :tongue:

Yeah, I've got Mars and Mercury in Leo, as well, with Mars and Venus in my Third House, so I'm a bit of a showboat with some flair all my own, although I was incredibly shy for my entire teen experience. Had a stutter in my mid-teens, which is very UraniMerc-ish. Mercury represents early school experiences, as much as communications, too, and I had a pretty rough time in elementary school. Used to just get up, walk over to the classroom's library and start reading books in the middle of math class because that sh!t didn't interest me at all. :ROFL: Art, history, science, and recess; those were my majors in elementary school.

Animatrix

Does a bear **** in the woods? :tongue:

Yeah, I've got Mars and Mercury in Leo, as well, with Mars and Venus in my Third House, so I'm a bit of a showboat with some flair all my own, although I was incredibly shy for my entire teen experience. Had a stutter in my mid-teens, which is very UraniMerc-ish. Mercury represents early school experiences, as much as communications, too, and I had a pretty rough time in elementary school. Used to just get up, walk over to the classroom's library and start reading books in the middle of math class because that sh!t didn't interest me at all. :ROFL: Art, history, science, and recess; those were my majors in elementary school.

With Mars in the 3rd, you could be speaking in a very direct and aggressive way? Just discussing here with you gave me this impression, like you sensed I was getting personal or something and you bite back immediately. I have Venus in my 3rd house, so I am a bit of a diplomat in that sense.

Funny though, I also had a speaking problem when I was a Child, not stuttering though.

Animatrix

Man, ain't that the truth. My grumpa is having a helluva time in his twilight years. No Alzheimer's, like granny's got, but he's slowed waaaay down.

I've worked with elderly so I know, sometimes they display a marked change of their mental dispositions, regardless of any serious disease. It's aging you know, the brain is rotting away, excuse me.

AquarianRising

With Mars in the 3rd, you could be speaking in a very direct and aggressive way? Just discussing here with you gave me this impression, like you sensed I was getting personal or something and you bite back immediately. I have Venus in my 3rd house, so I am a bit of a diplomat in that sense.

Funny though, I also had a speaking problem when I was a Child, not stuttering though.

Speech impediments and/or shyness when speaking with strangers or to an audience is pretty much routine with hard UraniMerc aspects, yeah.

And no question that I growl a bit when I figure someone is making an unreasoned assertion against a category of people, particularly one to which I belong, yeah. Harsh facts are a reality, doesn't mean I've gotta like what I perceive to be baseless accusations being chucked at my noodle. (The thing's got enough dings as it is.) But no harm, no foul.

Animatrix

Wierd... Huh. You have the latest update, yeah?

I Think it's because my settings are set on Another language.

Speech impediments and/or shyness when speaking with strangers or to an audience is pretty much routine with hard UraniMerc aspects, yeah.

And no question that I growl a bit when I figure someone is making an unreasoned assertion against a category of people, particularly one to which I belong, yeah. Harsh facts are a reality, doesn't mean I've gotta like what I perceive to be baseless accusations being chucked at my noodle. (The thing's got enough dings as it is.) But no harm, no foul.

I Think it's because I study the aspects of extremes. You know, ordinary people on the street usually do NOT express their charts very sharply, so it's funny to look at the extremes. For instance; a mars square Saturn aspect in an ordinary, otherwise sound and balanced individual may simply be expressed as some frustration here and there, but taken to its extreme, it suggests deep seated bitterness and even hatred.

AquarianRising

I Think it's because my settings are set on Another language.

I Think it's because I study the aspects of extremes. You know, ordinary people on the street usually do NOT express their charts very sharply, so it's funny to look at the extremes. For instance; a mars square Saturn aspect in an ordinary, otherwise sound and balanced individual may simply be expressed as some frustration here and there, but taken to its extreme, it suggests deep seated bitterness and even hatred.

Yeah, I've even read that aspect described as potential physical violence or even physical abuse from a paternal figure.

AquarianRising

Yeah, I've even read that aspect described as potential physical violence or even physical abuse from a paternal figure.

For that matter, Saturn essentially represents fear, so in a hard aspect with such a forceful and bloody indicator as Mars, it's not difficult to see where such an interpretation comes from.

Animatrix

I've known several people with that aspect and they have all been, with one exception, angry and hateful, bitter individuals, with contempt for weakness, without genuine sympathy. They can be so cruel and Cold like no other.

Animatrix

For that matter, Saturn essentially represents fear, so in a hard aspect with such a forceful and bloody indicator as Mars, it's not difficult to see where such an interpretation comes from.

Yeah and Saturn limits and restricts, so their anger builds up, they have nowhere to Place it, so it builds up to explosive levels.
Yet, they are often very cowardly and timid. They are only cruel and angry towards weaker people. It is certainly not an aspect of courage.