Rebirth

3eyedraven

Can Vedic Astrology tell the place of the rebirth of a person?

If yes, will that person have the same personalities of the previous life?

JUPITERASC

Can Vedic Astrology tell the place of the rebirth of a person?

If yes, will that person have the same personalities of the previous life?

what astrology can do for any particular individual
is dependent on the level of skill of the astrologer consulted

as well as that
it is necessary to VERIFY with actual historical detail
whether or not the claimed past life occurred
otherwise it is simply speculation

Regarding rebirth and whether or not a person has
"the same personalities of the previous life"
it is clear by now from studies of those who have recall of past lives
that those who are able to recall their past life or past lives
do not have precisely the same personalities of the previous lives
but they may retain an emotional connection to family
such as in the following example - which by the way
DID NOT need astrology to track pasat lives
but instead used the persons memories of a past life:

“Jenny Cockell had past life memories as early as age 3
Although she grew up and lives in England
Jenny recalled her life as Mary Sutton, an Irishwoman
who died 21 years before Jenny was born.
Because Mary left 8 young children behind when she passed
her emotional concern about the children transferred to Jenny.
As an adult, using maps she drew as a child from her past-life memories
Jenny Cockell traced her memories to the exact location :smile:
where she lived in her past life, Malahide, Ireland.
Thereafter, due to her diligent research
Jenny also located Mary’s children and personally reunited with 5 of them”

Past Life Memories Lead To Reunion With Past Life Children
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PieZfAdIa8

and another documentary
IN ANOTHER LIFE - REINCARNATION IN AMERICA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mKGdK_JCcU

dr. farr

In my survey of Vedic astrological literature, I am not aware of any Vedic astrological technique which can indicate the geographical place (in the material world) where rebirth will likely occur (there are references in the literature to techniques which point to the intermediate "Loka" where the "soul/spirit" of the person will "go" after death, but not the likely location in the physical world where the rebirth of the soul/spirit in a new physical body, will occur.

jrd

My answer is not from Jyotish, however from Hindu mythology.

Story says, the hunter who did linga archana using the vilva leaf on Shivaratri night, was reborn a great king. Obviously the two personalities cannot be the same. Like this, many instances or narrations of former sinners born saints, kings, etc, out of good karma.

Therefore, the personality maynot be the same - for example, if you an Aquarian (like me) with strong Saturn influence on lagna, you might be philosophical and lonely. Whereas, if you are reborn into Leo lagna, with a different planet influencing your ascendant and moon, you definitely will have an altogether different personality.

But what might repeat, is an innate feeling of generosity (with good karma) or vices like obsession (in case of bad karma) until that karma gets expended.

RaRohini

In Vedic thinking, one has to master the qualities of all the nakshatras before attaining liberation. Starting from Aries Asvini, where one masters the quality of healing the physical body that is 'me',one travels through the stars(not necessarily in order) till they master Pisces Revathi the quality of resonance with the universe and dissolution.if they dont master any of the energies effectively, they may have to repeat the lifetime from where they left off.

Last edited:

3eyedraven

Thanks everyone for commenting. I read in a astrological book that it's possible, but I don't know as I have not mastered astrology.

mathur_dinesh

Please name the book in which you have read what you are saying on the forum that the place of rebirth can be determined through astrology. You will help the discussion go forward by stating the book.

mathur_dinesh

Mr Rath is a known astrologer but even he has not stated that the place of rebirth can be accurately determined through astrology. In any case such studies are futile since there is no way in which one can verify whether the prediction is correct, regression therapy notwithstanding.