Christmas: danger?

RockFish

Hi everybody,

I was remembering a conversation I had with my astrologer and she mentioned something about december being a difficult period for the planet as a whole, so I decided to take a look at the sky of the period.

I guess she mentioned some sort of danger associated with the conjunction of Jupiter and Pluto, but that alone didn't scare me much. What really got me thinking was the chart for next Christmas, with Mars very badly aspected, the ugliest sky of the whole month..... Mars will be opposed to Pluto, Jupiter, Sun and Mercury in conjunction, and no planet will be aspecting Mars in an easier way... Mars vs. Pluto+Jupiter, isn't this a bit creepy?..... :confused:

I am attaching the chart of the day mentioned. I chose London as base, but that was random, because the aspect doesn't change no matter the place chosen. Maybe I am doing it all wrong? I am kinda bad in world astrology...

What do you think? Do we have reasons to be wary?

Attachments

• Christmas.gif
    Christmas.gif
    26.1 KB · Views: 53

unukalhai

Check out these two threads for some good info...
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6552
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6656

Probably the most important individual chart to analyze for December '07 is the Capricorn solar ingress chart, which will set patterns for the whole year ahead.

In mundane astrology, the solar cardinal ingresses are among the primary considerations... The Capricorn ingress this year seems to focus upon Russia; the rising degree at ingress in Moscow is 0Cap, putting the Sun (conjunct Mercury, Jupiter and Pluto) on the ascendant, with a Scorpio midheaven. Add in ingress ruler Saturn in Pluto's 8th house and it smells like one giant power struggle.

I think Russia is going to be interesting to watch, especially considering the shift of political power with Putin soon stepping down, etc. Russia is involved in a disproportionately large number of conflicts and we very well may see those heat up as well.

The UK is also a real hotspot for the Capricorn ingress. There, the quad-conjunction opposed Mars forms a cross with the MC/IC axis, and the Moon is right on the descendant. Sagittarius rising with ingress ruler Saturn in Jupiter's 9th house seems to indicate legal/philosophical issues in the forefront.

Here's an astrocartography map of the Capricorn ingress, showing conjunctions, oppositions and squares by the Sun and Moon to the ascendant and midheaven around the world. The straight lines are the MC, curved lines the ascendant. You can see the Sun and Moon aspecting the angles in near London and the Sun ascendant line going right through Moscow, as well as the rest of the paths.

http://xs220.xs.to/xs220/07400/cap07.gif

RockFish

Thank you very much for the replies, you guys... It is not a good-looking sky, but we can pray that it doesn't express itself too badly...... After I started looking, I kinda wished I hadn't......... And now that I had, I can't forget it!:(

The ingress map is a very interesting tool! Never saw this before. I'm still a green horn when it comes to ingresses and world astrology, but I think this is what interests me the most. One thing that has always been a mystery to me is how to determin the location of a future event. Gotta get me some books....

I am examining charts from the Christmas day till New Year's Day, period that appears to me as particularly deprived of good aspects to serve as outlet for this afflicted Mars.

And how about signs and the nature of the event? Is there any ideas concerning that?

Mars in Cancer (maybe Cancer will diminish Mars effect? An indirect effect?) could be seen as something connected to water, sea, or a surge of some symbolic sort? Jupiter and Sun conjunct in Capricorn looks like government, which makes me consider the possibility of a natural disaster smaller than the possibility of political trouble.

Maybe there is a chance of a political scandal of big proportions, considering Mars opposed to Mercury in Cap?

Or we just don't want to know that?:eek:

Many Hugs
RockFish

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor
Rockfish, the transits of course will be impacting on everyones charts- differently- for me its all on my ascendant ! Yippee.. With the Jupiter Pluto- previous conjunctions have occurred in:
1956, 1968.1981 1994....jupiter/Pluto is a very dictatorial combination...combined with Mars, military....(Whats happening in Burma is a good example)> our country is having a Federal Election under these skies..(Pray for us)...But if you are interested, take a look at what history brought us last time we had this conjunction. I don't think earthquakes/tsunamis can be ruled out as a possibility, but where I live, December is FIRE season...so I'm pretty sure I can guess whats going to be happening in my locale!.Take care, Lillyjgc

Mr. Conjunct

Actually, I'm looking forward to Dec 07 for quite some time, because all these 4 planets will be in my 10th house and making great aspects, Mars on my Chiron in 4H and above all, they will be in conjunction with my POF in 29 Sag on 20th Dec. :D:D:D :sunny::cheers:

Last edited:

cara4art

The tr. Jupiter-Pluto conjunction will happen in my 10th house, and oppose my natal Sun(29-54 Gemini)within a one-degree orb. My natal Sun rules my 6th house. What kinds of energy could I possibly see out of this? I work at home as an artist, and my health is good.
DOB, if anyone is interested in commenting:
6/21/1947 11:51PM Providence, RI USA
Thanks!

unukalhai

RockFish said:
Thank you very much for the replies, you guys... It is not a good-looking sky, but we can pray that it doesn't express itself too badly...... After I started looking, I kinda wished I hadn't......... And now that I had, I can't forget it!:(

More often than not what actually happens isn't nearly as ominous as it looks, it does take a pretty serious amount and combination of planetary interaction to manifest truly horrible circumstances.

The ingress map is a very interesting tool! Never saw this before. I'm still a green horn when it comes to ingresses and world astrology, but I think this is what interests me the most. One thing that has always been a mystery to me is how to determin the location of a future event. Gotta get me some books....

Still lots to learn myself, thats for sure! Mundane astrology, as it's called, is quite interesting for sure. It's also one of the lesser documented subjects in astrology, as most books concentrate on natal/psychological analysis. I wish I had good recommendations for you in regards to mundane astrology books, but I think it's best learned by observation. Much can be learned by studying the transits and alignments preceding major periods in history. On a recent scale, the 6 months leading up to the 9/11 attacks are quite the interesting times to study, as are the times leading up to WWI and WWII. As ephemerids are available going back thousands of years, pick whatever time in history you are familiar with and have a passion for, you'll learn alot through the astrological analysis.

You might find these interesting:
http://www.isleofavalon.co.uk/GlastonburyArchive/ephem/ea-index.html
http://www.noeltyl.com/techniques/030531.html
http://www.noeltyl.com/techniques/060831.html

Locational determination seems best suited for astrocartography maps of ingresses and eclipses, atleast that's the main concept I use, so far. I've also recently started to pay attention more to the lunar cycle... especially the astrocartography of new and full Moons, as well as lunar cardinal ingresses, but haven't been toying with it long enough to say how well it works. I'm quite interested to see how the full Taurus Moon on the MC in Washington DC (Oct 23) will play out.

I am examining charts from the Christmas day till New Year's Day, period that appears to me as particularly deprived of good aspects to serve as outlet for this afflicted Mars.

Here's what I've noted so far:

Dec 3 Jupiter conjuncts Pluto of 2006 Capricorn ingress
Dec 3 Pluto squares Mar/18/06 eclipse
Dec 4 Mercury squares Aug/28/07 lunar eclipse
Dec 4 Neptune septile Pluto
Dec 5 Jupiter conjunct galactic center
Dec 10 Moon conjuncts JU-PL conjunction
Dec 11 Exact JU-PL conjunction
Dec 12 Venus trine Mars with Saturn at midpoint, forms triangle
Dec 17 Moon squares Sun-Mercury superior conjunction
Dec 18 Nodes move into Leo-Aquarius
Dec 22 Solar Capricorn ingress
Dec 22 Mercury opposed Mars
Dec 23 Full Moon across Mars-Jupiter opposition
Dec 24 Sun opposed Mars
Dec 26 Mars opposed Jupiter
Dec 29 Venus-Pluto-Lunar Nodes alignment (VE: 29Sco03, PL: 29Sag03, Nodes: 29Aqu03-29Leo03)
Jan 1 MA/PL midpoint at 29Vir20, exact degree of Sep/22/2006 solar eclipse, forms T-square with eclipse
Jan 2 Mars opposed Pluto, forms "mystic rectangle" with nodal axis

Mars in Cancer (maybe Cancer will diminish Mars effect? An indirect effect?) could be seen as something connected to water, sea, or a surge of some symbolic sort?

Mars certainly doesn't express itself as firey as usual in a water sign, although I'd associate water and the sea more with Pisces than Cancer. Cancer is, however, much about the home and one's place of residence, their "refuge", as well as nurturing. This combination brings to mind an image of the Red (Mars) Crescent (Moon, ruling Cancer), an aptly named organization that states "In a world of poverty, war, displacement and disaster, the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies serves those in need". Although Cancer and Mars (ruling Aries, in square to Cancer) are almost paradoxical concepts, the Red Crescent is certainly an illustration of the more constructive manifestation of this energy.

Jupiter and Sun conjunct in Capricorn looks like government, which makes me consider the possibility of a natural disaster smaller than the possibility of political trouble. Maybe there is a chance of a political scandal of big proportions, considering Mars opposed to Mercury in Cap?

Agreed. I consider Sun, Jupiter and Saturn (ruler of Capricorn) to be the primary considerations in the makeup of national/political leadership. Mercury and Pluto in this mix seem to indicate one heck of a heavy-handed battle of words and ideas. Political conflict at it's best it would seem. If there is an absence of violence, war, and other suffering it very well may be amusing to watch.. Political wrangling is so silly it's just plain amusing. If we get lucky a despot or two will be struck down... But regardless there will be plenty of that when Pluto enters Capricorn :>

On a more personal level, the JU-PL conjunction is smack on my Venus, so I expect December to be quite the important month for me, especially with Venus ruling my midheaven :)

RockFish

Thanks everybody!

Unukalhai, that was an awesome post, thank you for all the info.

Those links are very interesting really. I feel like a duck trying to swim for the first time. Everything seems gigantic, LOL. Looks like I have tons to read an learn.

I will take a look at the Historical Ephemeris, very excited. I'm having an AHA moment. :D

I will do some studies and readings and hope to be posting some examinations of the period to share doubts and insights. Thanks again for the great help.

Many hugs,
RockFish.

Lin

Rockfish,
I believe you are overly concerned.
Saturn makes several positive transits.... and Uranus trines the Moon.... write out each individual aspects for that day.
I don't like the Neptune square Venus, and if you have any planets on the degrees involved, well, forwarned is forarmed. But this goes for any transits on any chart.

Then, for a comparison, construct a chart for September 11, 2001, New York City, and write out the individual aspects for THAT day... and you will see what really bad and scary transits look like....
LIN

Last edited:

Neptune Rising

Ive been pondering on that Venus square Neptune. Neptune will sextile my natal Chiron from the 2nd house, while Venus will inconjunct it from the 11th house. I see some healing coming along. Trying not to panic. In fact, Saturn is also sesquiquadrate Chiron. Its a busy few months for my Chiron.
NR