sidereal astrology & physical appearance?

vox

I have been taking sidereal astrology into consideration since fairly recently and attentively, but am yet to be fully convinced in order to consider it as importantly as tropical astrology.

eg. Is there any concept in sidereal astrology of the influence on physical appearance?

I have never found any valid examples in sidereal astrology on this concern, which is why I would like to know how you would rate the sidereal influence on physical appearance - judging by examples of celebs etc

dr. farr

The principal Vedic textbooks go extensively into the (alleged) physical appearances connected with their sidereal zodiacal matrix. However, I have ALWAYS doubted both the Western (tropical) and sidereal (eg Vedic) theories regarding physical appearance as connected with ascending sign (or constellation, in sidereal), Sun sign (or constellation) or Moon sign (ditto) This is not the place to go into my reasons for such doubts, or my (hypothetical) solution to this issue (astrology of physical appearances), however, I have come to the conclusion (for me at least) that the common theories, both Western/Tropical and Vedic/sidereal, regarding the astrology of physical appearance, don't work very accurately in reality.

Shanti

I agree with Dr Farr in this respect. When it comes to physical features based on
ascending signs et.c.

It is easy to check.

For example a data search for aries Risings in Solar fire or any other software gives a list of famous people with very different constitutions and looks.

However dominant planets can give more reliable results in my opinion.

For example doing a search in my solar fire for sidereal Saturn in libra in first house,
I get a bunch of people with rather lean figures which is suppose to be a
saturnian feature.
(Note in vedic sidereal system Saturn is exalted in libra and when placed in first
whole sign house gives often prominent saturnian features.

Example of people with Saturn in sidereal libra first house:

-Margaret Tatcher
-Jimmy Carter
-Gordon Jackson (actor) very lean
-Adam Ant
-Henri Tolouse-Lautrec
-Chris Evert loyd
-Angus Young
-Goethe
-Georg VI of england

Ryan Kurczak

Hi Vox:

After many years doing sidereal Vedic, I've found many reasons why using the tropical zodiac with actual vedic techniques gives better results.

Most folks just use their intuition or yogas etc, using sidereal, they don't actually use the Ishta/Kashta, the Balaadi, Deeptaadi, Jagraadi, or Lajjitaadi Avashtas, or even Rash Aspects (which are complimentary to the often misused graha aspects).

This is not a criticism. Astrology as it's been practiced does rely heavily on intuition, and it works very well that way if the astrologer is intuitive, and anyone who contemplates something like astrology for long enough, will become intuitive eventually.

But to be honest, from experience, if you use the tropical zodiac and actually use many of the Parashara and Jaimini Techniques as they were meant to be used, you would get better results.

I remember reading a commentary on the Lajjitaadi Avashtas at the end of my copy of BPHS, and the author wrote: "You don't need to pay attention to these, as they are not that important." I had to laugh, because if you use them with the tropical zodiac, they fall magically into place and reveal quite a lot about an individual and their life experiences.

It's best to consider the qualities of the planets, and then see what houses they aspect with their Graha Drishti or conjunction, then add those qualities to the body part that house rules. Even if you aren't using the tropical zodiac, most of the time, the houses may be the same, so results should be similar.

Last edited: