wedding date - help!

A

arianadaner

I wanted to have our ceremony at 6:40pm in Miami Beach, FL on May 6th 2006 as this is a saturday and would be convenient for our guests. But looking at the ephemeris for the following day (sunday may 7th) there is almost at exact sun trine moon on the sunday, plus a cool trine between the moon in the 11th and jupiter in the 1st and also the moon is trine to mars in the ninth house.. . On the 6th there is no sun moon trine or the nice sextiles.. I guess my question is if those sextiles and the sun moon trine are beneficial enough aspects to justify moving the ceremony!

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated..
Thanks!

PS, I have to decide by tomorrow!

fensi88

Hi!
I check out both dates (draw event chart) and to me 7 may 2006 is much better! I input data and get ASC 00:44Sco for 6. May. On 6.May 2006 when you look at Moon’s aspects you notice applaing oposition to Uran and that is the worst aspect from all, it is indicator of devorce. So to runaway from it, it is better to have wedding on the next day! Her ruler Venus in applaing aspect square to your rule Mars and that is not a good sign for wedding chart and means conflicts! There is one more thing that must be escape and that is Sa in angular house, and in both charts it is in conj with MC, very bad. So I suggest you to move wedding time on 7:41pm local time but there is still that square about your rulesrs so I think you must elect some better date for wedding in which your rule and her rule (first and seven house) are in applaing good aspect, that is a first and most important thing for wedding chart!

A

arianadaner

thanks!

Hi Goca,
Thanks so much for your response.. I hadn't even thought of the moon uranus opposition :( Does it matter that I have sun conjunct uranus in my natal chart and that Its my chart ruler? I just mention it because uranian energy has usually been a positive for me.

Also, I am the girl :)

I'm definitely going to heed your advice and try a different day.. though it seems that ALL the dates that we can have our wedding on have some major flaw - this is so difficult!!

fensi88

Hi girl!
On your first question I do not know answer.
About election chart for wedding, Yes, you are right, it is so difficult to get all planets in good house and aspects! You may check some another time on 7 May 2006 , so you will get another ASC i DSC but you must pay atention that rules of ASC and DSC have applaing good aspect (sextile or trine or conj) to each another. Also Mo, So, Ju must be in house from 7 to 12 and Ma, Sa, Ur and Ne and Pl must be out of angles. It is so easy to say but dificalt to make. And all say that is preferable ASC in fix sign, that means the marriage will last forever! Good lack!

pwadm

Staff member
I would suggest another date close to the one you thought of (May 7), which I don't quite like because of the Moon's square to Pluto, as the last aspect.

I would suggest April 28, 2006 at 7:50 pm EDT in Miami Beach FL, which is a great date and time because of the following considerents:
- Venus strong in its exaltation sign (Venus=natural ruler of marriage) Venus is also the 7th house ruler;
- the Moon applying by sextile to Venus, from its exaltation sign, Taurus;
- the Moon in a favorable mansion for marriage
- the Sun conjunct the Descedant, in sextile with the 1st house ruler (Mars)
- the Part of Fortune on Spica, the most fortunate fixed star of the heaven

This is a very harmonious chart very fit for a happily ever after marriage. Of course, this chart will have to be check against your two natal charts.

The only issue is that this is on Friday, but this is a price you may be willing to pay, as you are aware of the importance of a very good day for marriage.

A

arianadaner

what about 6:50 pm on May 7tj

Thanks so much for your advice!

Unfortunately that time of day (that late) as well as a Friday night would be impractical for us.. all of our guests are from out of town. We also need the ceremony to end no later than 7pm.. so working with what I have, I think the best time on Sunday May 7th is 6:50pm.. it gets Saturn out of the 10th house (though its still pretty close to the MC) It puts the ceremony at almost the exact time of the applying moon sun trine and its safely after the sun opposite uranus event ( so that the opposition is separating rather than applying.) As you know, its almost impossible to find a good electional chart especially when you have limited dates that are available and actually convenient to have a wedding.. so my question is in this particular chart are the 'good' aspects enough to outweigh the bad? The bad being (as you both pointed out) that the last applying aspect is a moon square to pluto. I read recently though that many electional astrologers don't use the modern planets.. if that were the case, the last major aspect would be the lovely sun moon trine (I know its a stretch!) Does anyone really believe that though?

The other negatives are the saturn approaching the MC (squaring DC), a "cold" virgo moon and the fourth house being aquarius ( a little bit too unpredictable?) Also that the 7th house ruler venus is square the first house ruler Pluto.. though this is a separating and very wide square, plus they are both in fire signs so not as bad. Venus is in a very wide applying square with Mars.

The positives (as I see them) are firstly that sun is in the 7th house with mercury (no malefics there) and jupiter in the first house also angular. The closest applying moon aspect is a trine with the sun. Venus is in applying almost exact trine with saturn and is in a decent placement in the fifth house. Moon is placed 'ok' in the 11th (not great, but ok). Part of fortune trine asc/decs. Ascendent in a "fixed" sign of scorpio, adding some "this will last" oomph.

Thats how I see it, the question again is do the really bad things like the last applying moon aspect squaring pluto outweigh the good things, or would this chart indicate a marriage headed for disaster??

Thanks again for ALL of your help, i'm really losing sleep over this one :(
Ariana

fensi88

Hi Ariana!
If I were you I would do ceremony wedding (just two of you) on the date and time that Radu gives, April 28, 2006, really ideal chart, and then on 6 May I would call guests for party!

A

arianadaner

good idea

I don't think I can do that.. though I have thought of the idea of signing the actual marriage license at an ideal time! I don't mind the idea of having a private ceremony, but we have already asked our wedding party to be in the wedding ceremony.. it would be hard to ask everyone to fly down from NY just for a party. Its a good idea though.. I wonder if there's a way to do SOMETHING that night.. maybe if we just pledge ourselves to eachother infront of the universe and exchange rings and say our vows for the first time that night - could that count? Or do we need a minister for that?

A

arianadaner

one more thing.. moon void of course?

I'm trying to brainstorm a way to have the actual ceremony on the 28th as Radu suggested.. (even if we have to have a repeat "fake" ceremony after that!)

A) do you think thats "cheating?"
B) in this case the last applying aspect would be moon sextile venus the following day.. is that right? So the moon would not be Void of course because of that sextile occuring on the 29th.. (just want to be sure I have my bases covered!)

pwadm

Staff member
I will do this for my own marriage - this fall.... have an official wedding ceremony then wait several days until the the religious ceremony and the marriage party - with all the guests and so on...
This is quite usual in this part of the world where I live (Romania, Eastern Europe). I'm not sure if it can be done in America.

But, as you said - I think that the kind of private ceremony you thought of, taking vows with or without a minister, might work and represent the start of your marriage.

A

arianadaner

Congratulations!

Hi Radu,
Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

I think we will either have a justice of the piece or get a friend ordained to officially marry us on the date you suggested..

My only concern with April 28th is you said "- the Sun conjunct the Descedant, in sextile with the 1st house ruler (Mars)"

When I thought the first house ruler would be pluto..? (scorpio asc.) and if that's the case, the 7th house ruler venus is forming an applying square to pluto.. should I be worried about that? It seems I can't get away from something squaring pluto! Could just mean we'll be spending a fortune on a beautiful wedding "party" what with pluto in the 2nd house of money and venus in the 5th house of entertaining... or could it potentionally mean something worse relationship-wise?

Also, for your second wedding religious ceremony are you at all concerned with the electional chart for that day? Or because you're having your official wedding ceremony on an auspicious day are you not worried at all about the chart for your religious/marriage party? I'm asking because I still have to decide between that saturday May 6th and Sunday May 7th for our second ceremony/party... I'm inclined to choose the Sunday just because its better astrologically (and I want to have all my bases covered!) but if it really doesn't matter, it would be a LOT more convenient for my guests to have a Saturday night wedding :)

Thanks again for all your help!!!

pwadm

Staff member
Yes, you are right, I didn't see that Venus-Pluto square... The traditional rulers of the signs are the ones used mainly in horary&electional astrology, that's why I thought of Mars in the first place. But Pluto has its own influence as well... It may bring jealousy for instance.

I looked for more dates & times, that are clear from any disturbing influences:
- April 8, 6:40 pm EDT - this is a Saturday, that's fine, that chart has Libra rising, with a strongly dignified Venus with no nasty aspects, exalted and on a royal fixed star, but the chart is so very dynamic: Moon trine Mars (7th house ruler) and the Sun exalted in Aries and even more exalted in its exaltation degree (19th of Aries: 18.00-18.59). You may choose this moment, if you want to feel in your marriage the life's energy rushing though your veins, besides love. (planetary hour of Venus)
- April 19, 7:15 pm EDT, this is a Wednesday (btw, native English speakers: why do they call it this way, is it a good day to wed ? :) ) - a superb Moon-Venus-Jupiter minor triangle - all sextiles - that's so great for a happy harmonious marriage, also Spica on the Ascendant; these are so strong benefic influences that the minuses of this chart can be easily overcome...
- June 6, 12:35 pm EDT, but this is a Tuesday - the chart looks great, great, great... the Moon trine the Sun while forming a pyramid with Neptune (real romance going on), Mercury (1st house ruler_ trine Jupiter (7th house ruler), Venus is also strong and involved around there, there are little things that don't look so good in this chart. But, again, it is a Tuesday...

pwadm

Staff member
Re: Congratulations!

arianadaner said:
Also, for your second wedding religious ceremony are you at all concerned with the electional chart for that day?
Sure. It is important as well, although not for the outcome of marriage, but I want the moment itself to be very special. I've chosen October 16 for this with the Sun on Spica...

A

arianadaner

hmmmm

I wish I knew if Pluto counted in electional! It would make things alot easier :)

I checked out the dates you recommended (thank you!).

On April 8th, the moon's first applying aspect is opposition venus -that seems like maybe a pretty bad thing no? Everything else looks pretty good though! I like the leo moon as I have a leo desc and my Fiance has a Leo asc.

April 18th at the time you chose the desc. is at 29 degrees.. isn't that supposed to be something to avoid in electional? Other than that looks pretty good, though I'm a little scared of a capricorn moon!

Given these elements, do you think the april 28th date is better? Which would you recommend? If I can disregard pluto I'm ok on that day right? I'm not too concerned about jealousy issues if thats all it is, but the "death" of love symbolism could be a bit frightening.. and if it really is the ruler of the first house, having it square the ruler of the 7th is not so good either. *SIGH*

I'm beginning to wish I didn't believe in astrology, it sure would be alot easier :)

PS. good question about wednesday - I have NO idea where that came from even though I am a native english speaker !

A

Anonymous

Actually, on April 8, the first and last Moon aspect is a sextile to Mars, 7th house ruler. The opposition with Venus comes only after the Moon changes signs into Virgo, and that doesn't count.

On April 19 (not 18 ), at 7:15 pm EDT, Miami Beach FL, the Ascendant is at 23.47 Libra, not 29... The Cappy Moon while not desirable is not that bad since the Moon is on Vega (benefic fixed star of Venusian nature) and is making those nice aspects.

The choice between all these options should involve your natal charts. Dismiss those charts that have the Ascendant in the 6th, 8th or 12th house of the natal chart of either of you or adjust the time. Also, if you wish to have more selecting criteria, look for major incompatibilities between the the natal charts and the wedding chart.
Last but not least, I would look also for a nice aspect from the wedding chart to your Progressed Moons (for both), because this is supposed to be a happy event, and the progressed Moon is often involved in happy events.

John Frawley once said in a conference: "One golden rule of electional astrology is: Don`t try it if you are a Virgo! In fact, don`t try doing anything if you are a Virgo. Whatever it is, it`s going to be far too complicated. "

I'm a Virgo.

A

arianadaner

yes, your right!

Thanks, you're quite right about the April 8th date..
I think its ok with our natal charts too, it puts my asc. in its 4th and my fiance's in the 10th, so thats nice! Everything in this chart looks pretty good.. not thrilled with capricorn on the IC, but i think its better than aquarius right?

I'll take a better look at the 19th (I must have typed in the wrong time!)

Thanks again for all your help!

:)