questions on early degree ascendant

Januarystorm

This question is about the ascendant or the moon being on the 0st degree when you draw a horary chart.

What exactly does this mean regarding the question?

Is it that the matter at hand is unclear at this point and there is no answer right now- as ANYTHING can still happen?

When you see a horary chart with the asc or moon in that first degree- what is the first thing that comes to your mind?

Does it mean also, that the querent can achieve any possible outcome- wether positive or negative, affirmative or denying? Does it mean that the querent can change the outcome, that he or she can still do something that can change the situation?

what does it say overall about the chart when this happens

and also, what is the difference between the asc and moon being on the 29st degree and the asc and moon being on the 0st degree? is the 29th degree symbolizing the fact the matter is not in the querents hands and the outcome is already set in stone- but isnt that ALWAYS the case in a horary chart- because if it wasnt set in stone than shouldnt ALL horary charts be having the asc or moon on the 0st degree (if that is symbolizing that there is still something to be done to change the outcome) and likewise, to any question that the outcome is for sure- shouldnt then ALL the ascendants and moons be on the 29th degree?

This is very interesting to me, i am exited to read your answers on this-:w00t:

A Yian

In general, it means there are too many things to happen and too many things to be done, all in the context of the question.

It's usefull if you wants to know how long will a situation last. ASC beeing on the 0 degree of a fixed sign and the significators in fixed signs: it will last many years or a lifetime.

Januarystorm

In general, it means there are too many things to happen and too many things to be done, all in the context of the question.

It's usefull if you wants to know how long will a situation last. ASC beeing on the 0 degree of a fixed sign and the significators in fixed signs: it will last many years or a lifetime.

ok- and what if its a cardinal sign and the significator in a mutable?

i get that mutable means not that long- but what does cardinal mean then (it was libra btw)

A Yian

ok- and what if its a cardinal sign and the significator in a mutable?

Cardinal > Days
Fixed > Months or years
Mutable > something in between. Maybe some weeks or a month

One significator in a mutable sign and one significator in a late cardinal sign: i would say it is a matter of weeks.

Last edited:

waybread

Generally it means, "It's too soon to tell."

Traditionally astrologers were urged to avoid questions with the ascendant in the first and last degrees of the sign, on the grounds that they showed that the querent wasn't actually serious about the question, but was trying to trick and expose the astrologer as a fraud.

JUPITERASC

This question is about the ascendant or the moon being on the 0st degree when you draw a horary chart.

What exactly does this mean regarding the question?

Is it that the matter at hand is unclear at this point and there is no answer right now- as ANYTHING can still happen?

When you see a horary chart with the asc or moon in that first degree- what is the first thing that comes to your mind?

Does it mean also, that the querent can achieve any possible outcome- wether positive or negative, affirmative or denying? Does it mean that the querent can change the outcome, that he or she can still do something that can change the situation?

what does it say overall about the chart when this happens

and also, what is the difference between the asc and moon being on the 29st degree and the asc and moon being on the 0st degree? is the 29th degree symbolizing the fact the matter is not in the querents hands and the outcome is already set in stone- but isnt that ALWAYS the case in a horary chart- because if it wasnt set in stone than shouldnt ALL horary charts be having the asc or moon on the 0st degree (if that is symbolizing that there is still something to be done to change the outcome) and likewise, to any question that the outcome is for sure- shouldnt then ALL the ascendants and moons be on the 29th degree?

This is very interesting to me, i am exited to read your answers on this-:w00t:
Early ascendant is nothing more than a WARNING to the astrologer
that they must take into CONSIDERATION
because it may place STRICTURES
i.e.
limitations or conditions
on the astrologer's judgment :smile:

An early Ascendant is an Ascendant in the first 5°.
Lily and only Lily fixes it at 3°
but there are no other texts that support Lily's claim.
The texts state only in the "early degrees"
and that is normally the first 5°-10° of the Sign.
It is a warning to the astrologer that the situation
has not yet developed fully enough to give an exactly definitive judgment.
Sometimes you can see that in the chart itself
when a significator is applying by Whole Sign to another significator
but they are not yet in aspect
(that is they are not in Platic Aspect yet).
The chart will often tell you why it is too early.
Maybe someone submitted a resume or curriculum vitae
and asks if they'll be hired, but the employer isn't hiring yet.

This idea that a late Ascendant makes the chart invalid
and not radical and I can ask another Horary, is WRONG answer.
An early ascendant chart IS valid, it IS radical (so long as the Hour Ruler agrees)
it CAN be read and the answer IS what it IS.
Many of these people are really sad and pathetic
clouded in the stink of desperation
and they're grasping at straws
trying to make something happen that isn't going to happen
and they bend and obfuscate the rules
to suit their own personal situations.
That is not Horary
Early ascendant does not make a chart invalid.

Only the Hour Ruler determines if a chart is radical.
So long as the Hour Ruler is in tune with the Ascendant
a chart is radical. End of Story. The End.
https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35781&highlight=successful