Narcissistic Personality Disorder

M

may28gemini

False..some of it. Particularly about materialism. I'm pretty materialistic and I'm self disciplined. Superiority, uncontrollable sense of dogma...yes. Feeling boxed in and doomed, no.

It sounds to me that I'm pretty spot on.

Scorpiosun11

I have researched this subject both psychologically & astrologically. I'm not sure that I can purely look towards humans in a strictly materialistic way. Having said that, I do believe that if you can be self aware enough to investigate the possibility of having a disorder, you likely only have tendancies. A person who has actual NPD would be loathe to accountability. We all have narcissistic tendencies-because we're human. Like anything else balance & healthy introspection is key.

Also- diagnosis are subjective at best, driven by insurance & the therapists personal perspective at worst. Try a Jungian analyst. Having worked extensively in the mental health field in the US, I can attest to how the human condition is based on reductionism & social norms. It perpetuates a systemic materialism.

There are many astrological indicators but they can go either way.
Those with heavy libra placements. Hard aspects between personal planets & malefics. Also, I have read heavy placements in the left side of the charts-but also those with heavy placements in the right side of the chart can seem narcissistic in that they NEED others so much they take on a falseness to relate temporarily. It's a mixed bag. My suggestion is to work on the aspects that cause difficulty in your life, be open to changing your perspective.

SS11

Last edited:

retinoid

If you have these negative traits...selfishness, being critical, etc. then change yourself! Your chart doesn't dictate your whole life!

StillOne

Those are not negative traits. That's ridiculous. If you're around people who you happen to be smarter than, make better decisions than, etc of course you're going to judge them. Stupid people are meant to be judged, maybe they'll learn something.
Being selfish is not negative either, what's wrong with everyone just worrying about themselves. Caring too much for others makes you an easy target and naive, needing others to constantly hold your hand through life is weak.

So no, those are not negative those imply the person is smart. I simply asked to see if my chart matched up with what the therapist said. Plain and simple. I didn't say there was something wrong with those traits or even with having npd. Geesh people are weak.

Maybe when you're sick and dying and you have no one around to help you that possibly you may change your mind and realize that compassion and selflessness are tremendous strengths to have. Possibly someone "not so smart" will be bringing you food so you can eat or maybe helping to feed you. Everyone has their place in the world and everyone has unique gifts to share. Don't judge someone if you haven't walked in their shoes.

Scorpiosun11

Perhaps looking at your aspects, you can understand why you feel defensive, self righteous & fearing vulnerability.

If you don't care, why are you in therapy or even on a board for astrology? What you assume is a weakness is a strength. Also- true PD's ARE characterized by denial, intelligent or not. Something must not be working-why get defensive?

Noonien

I'm very knew to astrology, so for now, I'll leave chart analysis to experienced members. However, I've extensive experience in counseling, including--but not limited to--convicts who have a fair amount of false grandiosity etc. among the demographic. Sometimes NPDers possess a fantastical sense of near invincibility. I couldn't help notice that in your post you utilized this type of phrase a few times: "I have xyz in abc so that MAKES me 123". Your utilization of "makes" might indicate either a lack of NPD--as it indicates a sense of lack of control; or it might indicate NPD--a dose of unrealistic fatalism. It couldn't hurt if you pondered why you chose that specific term instead "inclines". My limited understanding of astrology is that a chart can show us our propensities, maybe even probabilities, but it cannot grant us absolute certainty regarding choice/action. Example--someone must've had a natal chart closely resembling Stalin--but, thankfully, therer was only one Uncle Joe. He chose his path. Physical death is the lone certainty in this vale of tears. NPD is manageable and knowledge is a great weapon if used correctly. Trust me, many executives and leaders have more than a touch of it. So do many despots and criminals and housewives and bus drivers.

retinoid

Those are not negative traits. That's ridiculous. If you're around people who you happen to be smarter than, make better decisions than, etc of course you're going to judge them. Stupid people are meant to be judged, maybe they'll learn something.

But whose perspective are you judging them from? Just follow your heart's calling, don't worry about if you are doing better than others and therefore judge them. You cannot 'judge' as there is no universal normal. Yes, some people are not living to what they want...some are stuck in negativity...but they are not to be judged because they are stupid as you say.

Being selfish is not negative either, what's wrong with everyone just worrying about themselves. Caring too much for others makes you an easy target and naive, needing others to constantly hold your hand through life is weak.

You won't be an easy target if you are strong within yourself. If you know you want to be around people who are loving and will give of themselves to you and you want to be like that, then this is what you will attract. Just as if you feel worthless, you will attract people who will validate it (it is no accident that you see many women find abusive husbands and boyfriends, one after another, have childhoods that made them feel worthless)... Helping others and loving everyone and everything is not weak, it is 'truth'...for you are made of the same thing that everyone is made from. You will not attract parasites if your immune system is strong and the immune system is vibration.

So no, those are not negative those imply the person is smart. I simply asked to see if my chart matched up with what the therapist said. Plain and simple. I didn't say there was something wrong with those traits or even with having npd. Geesh people are weak.

This is why you live in a world where people validate your negative perspectives constantly!

retinoid

It's not necessarily people around me. News, blogs, tv in general, overhearing certain things in conversations, seeing lets say people covered in tattoos in public, etc. granted I nit pick and judge whatever I can but my personal circle is pretty normal. However I will admit I do, to myself, note their downfalls too. No matter how small.

Make lists of the good. Stop watching the news or reading superficial, gossip blogs. Stop watching television! You are not wrong on how you are, but you are not right either...neither are all those people. But if these negative vibrations affect you, then separate yourself totally and only surround yourself with what makes you laugh and gets you excited. Instead of watching the news, watch a fantasy show or a comedy cartoon. Switch your perspective or you will be miserable which would be totally your choice.

Scorpiosun11

Denial to others sure, to themselves, not always. I mean I did talk to a professional, in fact two, and I'm fairly certain they'd no more about the denial/self awareness thing than what google told you. Intelligence does play a part in it. Point. Blank. Period. Those who are smarter and self aware and notice how destructive they are to those close to them have no choice but to accept something as true. Doesn't mean I'd admit it to those close to me, unless I can use it as an excuse or advantage. My question was about natal transits and npd, I didn't ask for non professional opinions on google myths.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/beautiful-minds/201103/do-narcissists-know-they-are-narcissists

You made a judgement about how I obtained my information. I have spent 20 years working with the mentally ill & have diagnosed family members. My point to you was to not think inside a box of a diagnosis. I know you received one. Good luck with it.

waybread

... If you're around people who you happen to be smarter than, make better decisions than, etc of course you're going to judge them. Stupid people are meant to be judged, maybe they'll learn something.
Being selfish is not negative either, what's wrong with everyone just worrying about themselves. Caring too much for others makes you an easy target and naive, needing others to constantly hold your hand through life is weak....

Gosh, Pisces13. Yes, I think NPD is in your chart, but bear with me, as it will take a while to explain it. Being needlessly cruel to good, decent people merely because they don't measure up to your subjective standards is another one of your psychological issues, as well. [It is possible to be narcissicistic without needlessly insulting people.]

Please ask for further explanation if the following is opaque. It's partly there so the others can check my interpretation.

Here's the thing about your chart. May28 mentioned your grand cross (grand square) which is a Big Ouch astrologically, and you also have three (count 'em) Thor's Hammer configurations. For anyone unfamiliar with the Thor's Hammer, it is formed by two planets in a square relationships, that both form a sesqui-square (135 degree) aspect to a third planet that forms the tip of a triangle of aspect lines. Even one of these in a chart is sort of unusual.

Pisces13, I submit that you live in a world o' hurt, and that your NPD is your way of coping with very powerful, negative impulses and feelings that would take a saint to master. Squares, oppositions, and sequi-squares are apt to be tension filled and even emotionally painful until we gain some maturity and wisdom in life.

Pisces13, one of these Thor's Hammers connects Pluto and Saturn, with Mars at the apex. Another one connects Mars, Jupiter, and Saturn. Then there's a wide one connecting Mars, Venus, and moon-Pluto. Mars is your natural aggression, Saturn is the Dr. No of the solar system, Pluto has a ruthless quality to it, just for starters. None of these planets gets along.

Thor's Hammer is a very volatile, dynamic aspect. Little kids with them tend to act out a lot. Naturally they get criticized or punished if they get any parental or teacher discipline at all, which further increases their sense of alienation and hostility. Maybe they can mature out of it, or maybe their alienation just deepens with time.

If you are not on medication, do you feel like you are ready to explode a lot of the time?

However, your sun (ego, identity) in the 8th house is actually well aspected, notably to moon-Pluto and Neptune-Uranus. So with all of the stressful, tension-packed feelings going on in your life, your ego actually feels pretty good about itself.

I have noticed that, in really difficult charts such as yours, if there is a planet that doesn't hurt like the others, the person will naturally (and understandably) gravitate towards expressing that planet. It gets a lot of extra development, for good or ill.

You also have a very challenged Venus retrograde. A retrograde planet's energies are turned inward. Venus rules, among other things, the way in which we love others. Although self-love is a good thing, with all of the other hard aspects in your chart plus your 8th house sun, you might naturally turn into yourself, feeling you're just fine, thank you very much; but it's everyone else out there who has a problem.

Sounds like narcissism to me.

Anyway, there's more in your chart, but that's enough to get started.

At your age, some therapy might be beneficial because you have a long tough road ahead of you in life if you can't get along with people better than you have displayed on this thread to date. Homo sapiens is a social animal, whether we like it or not.

Last edited:
M

may28gemini

I agreed with about half. I don't feel boxed in as you said, and I am materialistic (you said I'm not). So spot on isn't the right term. More like half right.

Ok, maybe you don't "feel" boxed but you actually box yourself in a lot with bad influences and on purpose. I never said that you're NOT materialistic, I said you feel inner richness because you don't have reliance on materialism. Materialism is the concept that matter is the only substance, and reality is identical with the actually occurring states of energy and matter. If you embraced materialism, you wouldn't seek astrological analysis of your own self-bravado on a forum from complete strangers.

I'm not incorrect with my assessment, you just like telling people that they're wrong.

Last edited:

Kuntuzangmo

I have to say, being self aware that one has these characteristics is a HUGE step in the right direction. Personality 'disorders', or difficult charts can be downplayed (good traits emphasized), healed etc...and then maintained, like alcoholism. Then life becomes a discipline....and you can train your mind (which gratefully has inherent plasticity).
There are paths out of such difficulties.
Good luck.