I don't know what I should do with my life.....

FionaP

Hi people! I hope you're having a wonderful holiday!! :joyful:

So, I'm here with my family and everyone is doing pretty well for themselves. My big sis is on her way to grad school where she will focus on neurobiology, my brother has a stable career as an architect and as for me...well lol. I'm not quite as accomplished or focused as both of my siblings are.

I've been working as a teaching assistant at a daycare for awhile and I've become disgruntled with it. I love kids and they love me too, but I just can't shake the feeling that I have bigger, more grander vistas to explore! Do I sound like a Sag rising yet? :biggrin:

Can anyone take a look at my chart and see what career paths would be best fitting for me? I might be the runt but I don't want to be outdone by my siblings. Thanks !!!!

Attachments

• astro_2gw_806_fp.33775.13227.jpg
    astro_2gw_806_fp.33775.13227.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 55

waybread

With the ruler of your 10th house of career in your 4th house of "home" have you thought of a career like interior design, real estate, home remodeling, selling home furnishings, or some other career to do with the concept of home?

Wow I am loving that grand water trine! You must be so deep, spiritual, and sensitive. Scorpio moon conjunct Pluto is intense! Pluto is retro so it means you are really turned inward with the intensity and have psychic awareness and vision.

conspiracy theorist

Teaching doesn't seem to be a bad fit for you actually. The Sagittarius ascendant may bestow upon you a knowledge seeking proclivity that you would then feel the urge to disseminate to a broader audience. Teaching is one such way this can be done, as well as media, public speaking, writing, tour guiding etc.

Your Moon is also closing in on an aspect to your Mercury and Maternus speaks about the technique where the applications and separations from the Moon are pertinent to the personality and career. The fact that it is Mercury being aspected to reinforces the use of your intellect and communicative abilities. 3rd house Mercury may indicate a strong urge to write and publish so that writing may be something you could consider.

It is funny though, the sibling rivalry that you take about in regard to what your brother and sister are doing is described poignantly by your Aries Venus in 4th ruling 10th. That's a different set of careers/professions that may also be of interest to you to.

FionaP

With the ruler of your 10th house of career in your 4th house of "home" have you thought of a career like interior design, real estate, home remodeling, selling home furnishings, or some other career to do with the concept of home?

Hello Waybread and thank you for the read :)

Well! let's see... it's not something I thought about particularly but I have to say I love to have a very luxurious home with all my creature comforts :)

I do think I have some potential there however, as I have been seen as creative by the teachers at the daycare, especially with the way I am able to decorate the classroom. :joyful:

One thing I'm still hung up about is the state of my Mercury.... apparently it's retrograde, in fall and combust the Sun. Do you think that makes me "ineffectual" in all things Mercury, or even my thinking!?

FionaP

Teaching doesn't seem to be a bad fit for you actually. The Sagittarius ascendant may bestow upon you a knowledge seeking proclivity that you would then feel the urge to disseminate to a broader audience. Teaching is one such way this can be done, as well as media, public speaking, writing, tour guiding etc.

Your Moon is also closing in on an aspect to your Mercury and Maternus speaks about the technique where the applications and separations from the Moon are pertinent to the personality and career. The fact that it is Mercury being aspected to reinforces the use of your intellect and communicative abilities. 3rd house Mercury may indicate a strong urge to write and publish so that writing may be something you could consider.

It is funny though, the sibling rivalry that you take about in regard to what your brother and sister are doing is described poignantly by your Aries Venus in 4th ruling 10th. That's a different set of careers/professions that may also be of interest to you to.

Hi conspiracy theorist :) thanks for the look.

Yes you're right I'm a voracious learner and I always aim to learn something new every day! I've been caught with the astrology bug so it's now my current passion lol

To be honest, if I remained a teacher it would have to be higher education as I think I'd want to work in that environment in a serious capacity. Do you see this possibility within my chart?

I've always had it in the back of my mind that I would one day like to write a book one day, but right now I'd be completely lost as to what to write on lol. Maybe one day when I've paid my dues it would be on the cards but for now I'd want to do something a little more stable.

Thanks again for the look!

waybread

Fiona, I'm sorry but you've picked up a couple of trolls here. I've reported them to the moderators. Meanwhile, just scroll past them.

I do modern astrology where a planet conjunct the sun isn't debilitated by being combust. Rather, the planet indicates a quality that the person identifies with, as the sun gives your core sense of self. With Mercury conjunct the sun, you probably identify with your intelligence. Mercury also rules communication and the hands, so sometimes people who are very good with handicrafts or doing work with their hands have a strong Mercury. Your Mercury is also in a partile trine with your moon and is part of a "kite" formation pointing to Neptune. You probably have a vivid imagination.

Mercury is the traditional planetary ruler of astrology, so you may identify (sun) with astrology (Mercury)! Uranus is the modern ruler of astrology and it sextiles your Mercury, so you're in good shape to study astrology.

Can you go back to your chart at Astrodienst? After you've pulled it up again, please check the additional tables (you'll see this option on the upper left) and then find out what sign is on the cusp of your third house? It would be either Aquarius or Pisces. If it's in late Aquarius you have your sun in an intercepted sign. When this happens it can be very hard for the person to locate that ideal career, because the identity that a career should fit like hand-in-glove has some impediments to fully expressing itself. Of course you can have a good and happy life notwithstanding, but you could have a chronic disposition to wonder what you are supposed to be doing for a career.

(If your third house cusp is at 0 Pisces, don't worry about it, it's not intercepted.)

conspiracy theorist

Alright Bigstar, keep the antics to the chat section. That's the designated shitposting section.

Hi conspiracy theorist :) thanks for the look.

Yes you're right I'm a voracious learner and I always aim to learn something new every day! I've been caught with the astrology bug so it's now my current passion lol

To be honest, if I remained a teacher it would have to be higher education as I think I'd want to work in that environment in a serious capacity. Do you see this possibility within my chart?

I've always had it in the back of my mind that I would one day like to write a book one day, but right now I'd be completely lost as to what to write on lol. Maybe one day when I've paid my dues it would be on the cards but for now I'd want to do something a little more stable.

Thanks again for the look!

Hmm, definitely I could see you doing higher education. Your ascendant ruler being in the tenth and in a sign with voice (all air signs, first half of Sag, Virgo) shows a capacity/ability to speak in front of big crowds about the knowledge you gather. In a University this ability would be more heavily taxed as the level at which you are speaking will be at a higher quality than anything you would do in elementary or high school. What kind of subjects interest you enough to pursue in a professional capacity? Thinking about that from now might help clarify your path some more.