Jupiter-Time, 400 day calendar, approaching the Scorpioyear!

david starling

It's apparently very important in Traditional....here we go again! The word "traditional" is being used to mean a specific type of Astrology, apart from its general meaning. I'll use "Trad" for the specific. So, in Trad, Vedic, and Cyril Fagan's sidereal astrology, they're adamant about not blending the Signs. They consider them "walled-off" from one another, right down to a second of arc. Makes no sense to me, logically or on an intuitive level.

blacksun?

No, as a Sun-Aquarius I can tell the last degrees of "my" sign are very different from me, annoyingly sloppy compared to my more Capricornian will. Its still Uranus through and through, Sun-Uranus is a stark power.

The first and last degrees of Leo are also worlds apart.

david starling

Yes, I notice I'm not blending rulerships. The qualities of a Sign on the boundary-cusps are mixed, but that doesn't bring in the rulership of the adjacent Signs. That goes to a Sign being "dominant" within its marked boundaries.
Here's one I've definitely noticed by experience, but haven't yet expressed in theory. I've been remiss in not working this out: Aquarian Sun, with Scorpio Ascendant. Extremely powerful Mind-waves, but that power is spontaneous rather than deliberately called forth. It fascinates me, probably because I have Jupiter in Scorpio.

david starling

Today's my Jupiter return at 6:30 sundown! Merc's in close Conjunction. Anything ceremonial I should do to celebrate? (Hope you're still following this thread.) :biggrin:

Somna7H

Banned
Gone!
Jupiter 1° in Scorpio 6th.
Now it will enter my 7th.
Rx Uranus 0°46' in Sag.
Amazing and shocking things will happen soon. :D

blacksun?

Today's my Jupiter return at 6:30 sundown! Merc's in close Conjunction. Anything ceremonial I should do to celebrate? (Hope you're still following this thread.) :biggrin:

Hey David! Bless you. Happy Jupiter day.

The way I see it, anything that's proper to Jupiter can be used in celebration, or sanctification. So for example, just spending that moment on a drawing of the Jupiter sign would be enough to anchor your return in a lasting memory, which locks it in on the astral plane.

blacksun?

The point is not what you do, but that it has to do with Jupiter -
we can never directly access from our side what the planet "thinks", we can oil have it think through us.

You could ask Jupiter to reveal himself and lay down amid a few of his symbols.

david starling

There was a Greco-Roman story about Zeus/Jupiter being blindingly bright when revealed in his true form.
I'm going to use this Chart as my Jupiter Return Chart, for how I relate to this god-archetype for my personal Jupiter Year. Happy to see it's conjunct Mercury--great combination! And, Ouranos is still in Taurus, even though it's blended with Aries.

david starling

Gone!
Jupiter 1° in Scorpio 6th.
Now it will enter my 7th.
Rx Uranus 0°46' in Sag.
Amazing and shocking things will happen soon. :D

Transiting Jupiter's lightening will be in-Service to your natal Ouranos, in Sagittarius blended with Scorpio. Expect "mystic crystal revelations"!
:biggrin:

Somna7H

Banned
Transiting Jupiter's lightening will be in-Service to your natal Ouranos, in Sagittarius blended with Scorpio. Expect "mystic crystal revelations"!
:biggrin:

Woot!
Better Job and better life is coming. :D
Don't have see these filthy, rotten colleagues anymore.
Beautiful people at new place. :biggrin:
Thank you!

blacksun?

Praise Jupiter
the years commencement is nigh
as our Lord has entered his mighty sign, after his valorous presence in the realm of his brother Hades, which showed us what is what and what is not. Let us now reflect on the Scorpion.

True beast of death, of might and rebirth of just values into arms, who knows most because is made out of pain and of not knowing, out of irrational numbers without sequence, who stings himself to death to exist, to know that there is a limit, and is birthed anew as an eagle, or so they say. Maybe Abstract and other friends have turned to eagles.

The eagle, the flight of the arrow, the Archer -

giphy.gif

there is no holy way to arrive at the holy because there is no unholy way either.

iov2wHi.gif

The straightforward is curvy enough.

blacksun?

Indeed!
The very hour Jupiter entered Sagittarius I ... well, things got back on track.

This is magic of the highest order.

JUPITERASC

Indeed!
The very hour Jupiter entered Sagittarius

I ... well, things got back on track.

This is magic of the highest order.
We have no SIDEREAL board on our forum
so SIDEREAL astrology references belong on GENERAL ASTROLOGY threads
such as for example this thread :smile:
fact is, SIDEREAL JUPITER is currently at 5 SCORPIO
i.e.
anyone who views local skies soon after sun sets
shall clearly observe JUPITER transiting the constellation of SCORPIO

blacksun?

We have no SIDEREAL board on our forum
so SIDEREAL astrology references belong on GENERAL ASTROLOGY threads
such as for example this thread :smile:
fact is, SIDEREAL JUPITER is currently at 5 SCORPIO
i.e.
anyone who views local skies soon after sun sets
shall clearly observe JUPITER transiting the constellation of SCORPIO

Yes,indeed.
It will soon cross the Heart of the Scorpion, Antares.

But for me as a westerner, Tropical astrology has proven to be infinitely more accurate in describing what goes on in and around me.

Still I do not completely discard sidereal astrology. It has some merit too.

JUPITERASC

Yes,indeed.
It will soon cross the Heart of the Scorpion, Antares.
But for me as a westerner, Tropical astrology has proven to be
infinitely more accurate in describing what goes on
in and around me.
Still I do not completely discard sidereal astrology.
It has some merit too.
Everyone has their own perspective :smile:

blacksun?

The problem is that constellations aren't actually groups of stars. They just appear that way from our perspective. Tropical astrology calculates with exact geometries of axes and orbits. As a physicist I'm more fond of that.

What is cetrain is that fixed stars of a certain order of magnitude have an impact. I tend to think that much more than sidereal constellations, the lunar Nakshatra's are relevant. A difference in nuance, with a big difference in results.

blacksun?

I spent some ten years with both Tropical and Sidereal astrology, in the end it was clear that the former applies to me and my family with much more accuracy.

But, Sidereal astrology is not to be underestimated.

It also depends on the TYPE of knowledge one seeks. Fixed Stars tend to be harsher and more unyielding, and thus Sidereal astrology is quite pessimistic, which applies more to a culture of fatedness than to a culture of free will.

I'd say.