Chart of Edward Snowden

fifteen

Great information, rahu! We'll wait and see how this one will pan out.:smile:

rahu

Banned
while im on the subject.

on feb 10 1985 sedna was conjunct the node and the supreme court ruled that incriminating statements elicted by undercover informers could not be used to convict a defendant.

on apil19 1990 when orcus was conjunct the node, the supreme court reversed a N.Y. apppeals court and ruled that illegal evidence could be used.

interesting how the nature of the symbols can be gleaned from nodal conjunctions

rahu

*emma*

Banned
Mercury in Gemini opposite Jupiter conjunct Uranus in Sagitarrius! Screams of liberty.

Nice signature for a defender of human rights and civil liberties and not afraid to speak out to talk about them
The underhanded covert illegal attack on freedom and privacy will have wound that placement right up.
My two cents and

Mercury in Gemini aspecting Uranus, very quick mind, good with info and computers, bit of genius there, but the jupiter may show biting off alot and to hell with consequences, he doesnt care, he feels he did the right thing and not from selfish reasons obviously

Last edited:

greybeard

Here's Snowden's 2013 Solar Return, set for Hong Kong:

I used the single chart format because of the way astro.com works (or my inept use of it.) I posted this and the following post to the other Snowden thread, but it seems like most folks are using this one, so, to keep things in one place....

I haven't looked at it yet, except to notice that the Ascendant is almost exactly the Ascendant of the birth chart, and we all know what Morin said about that. This is apt to be a Significant Year in the Life. The house structure of both natal and solar return are very nearly coincident with each other (I haven't referred back to the natal yet), so the house lords are the same. So checking the implications of the lords in the natal chart is an immediate task we need to attend to. I notice that the 3rd House lord is Moon in the natal, but is Sun in the SR; Saturn rules the 9th in both charts.

The 8th House receives a strong pointing this year, with Pluto the focal point of a Cardinal T-square (Mars opposes Moon-Uranus, rules them from his detriment [he's disposed by Venus, in her own sign in the 12th, and she disposes every planet -- through Mars -- in the chart except for the rising Mercury-Sun conjunction.] and both of these square Pluto.) There is also a sextile-trine-sextile formation, with Saturn and Neptune forming the base, Pluto at the apex. Saturn rules Pluto and is in turn disposed by Mars. The 8th is ruled by Saturn (whether whole sign or Placidus houses are used.) Hmm...I also notice that SR North Node is conjunct the natal Saturn-Pluto conjunction (we're onto something here...what's going on with Saturn and Pluto in the SR chart?) They are in mutual reception, for one thing -- I allow Pluto as co-ruler of Scorpio here because the chart is pointing me toward it.

The profected Asc falls in 7th House, Sagittarius, this year. Jupiter is lord of the year. We note that he stands on the antiscion of natal Uranus, thus activating the natal Jupiter-Uranus conjunction with the emphasis on natal Uranus. This conjunction is in the profected 12th. SR Jupiter squares the natal Saturn-Pluto conjunction (here we go again). SR Jupiter is at the bending of the SR Nodes, suggesting to me that during this year there is a significant change of direction; the life course is subject to reorientation. Uranus receives a second emphasis in the SR with his conjunction to Moon.

Attachments

• Edward Snowden SR 2014.gif
    Edward Snowden SR 2014.gif
    58.4 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

greybeard

I'm interested in what the natal Saturn-Pluto conjunction might imply because of its emphasis by the SR chart.

1. Pluto at focus of SR Cardinal Cross, with secondary pointing by Sxt-Trine-Sxt formation, bringing Pluto into the spotlight for this year.
2. SR NNode conjunct the Saturn-Pluto conjunction.
3. Jupiter, profected lord of the year, square this same conjunction from the SR bending. (2&3 together: possibly a fated year.)
4. Mutual reception of SR Saturn, Pluto.
5. SR Venus partile quincunx r.Pluto (and his lord); SR Pluto quincunx r.Venus.

There are lots of other things going on (lots of other activated points of the natal chart), but space and time are limited, so I will focus attention on the natal Saturn-Pluto conjunction and its possible implications in the life, because it receives special emphasis this year (30th birthday.)

Here are some ideas about the natal Saturn-Pluto pairing:

Stark necessity to take full personal responsibility for the consequences of personal actions. Challenges by others in positions of authority and power bring personal limitations into high relief. Lessons relating to external authority and power. Questions concerning conformity to standards of conduct. Conflict between personal authority and the larger authority. Concerns with the way the system works, its deep foundations. Possibly feelings of frustration or futility emerging out of blockage or denial of the ability to fully express ambitions, goals or assumed sociological role. The denial occurs because the native does not follow accepted pathways. Fear of being consumed or controlled by forces larger than the self. Tendency toward ruthlessness and underhandedness. Cataclysmic change may be a factor in the life.

Irrevocable acts. The very final ending of one chapter of life and the beginning of a new one. There is no turning back. Wisdom, growth of consciousness, gained through suffering or ordeal by fire; purification. Loss of everything and subsequent understanding that what was lost is not the main thing, but rather what one is. The native is apt to display somewhat obsessive qualities. Deliberate and carefully organized movement toward some self-destructive experience. Enforced separation or loss. Playing the hero. Intense introversion, loneliness. Vital need for independence, for acting alone. Detachment from the desire nature leads to emotional freedom, beyond the controlling reach of the external.

Sabotage of authority. Feelings of persecution. Ostracism. Fear of annihilation. Lessons in survival. Obsession with order or proper form. Perverse and violent reactions against attempts to impose control or ideology over the native. Obligation to employ stealth.

With the outstanding emphasis (and also, importantly, taking into consideration the types of emphasis) given by the SR to this natal conjunction, we can expect that the inherent personal characteristics and tendencies of the natal conjunction will be featured during this year.

As mentioned, there are many other things brought to activation, no less important than this conjunction. The SR Asc is partile conjunct r.Mercury, lord of both natal and SR charts. The year puts the native, in the most intimate and personal way, at the forefront through actions initiated by and under the personal control of the native. The natal conjunction of Jupiter-Uranus is also brought to focus this year, with both Jupiter and Uranus being emphasized in different ways.

Actually Jupiter makes a Cardinal Grand Cross, but the orb is wide. Pluto receives the main thrust of the formation. But with the importance of Jupiter, this should be taken into account. One general interpretation for a grand cross is "boxed in," something we might see as relevant in this year's return.

Naturally the SR for 2012 should also be consulted...

Last edited:

unique_astrology

Some charts and data for Snowden.

I progressed his natal in Moscow to the evening of the coming 4th of July. The midpoints of his natal and progressed Saturn and Pluto are on the Asc all day. I think he may have a case of the blues.

Personally I think he has done a great service for the common people. Not with the high level information he may have revealed but just to inform the general public about some of the behind the scenes workings of governments. Speaking truth to power, something that is praised by some high-minded people until it happens to them.

Attachments

• Snowden Natal.gif
    Snowden Natal.gif
    17.1 KB · Views: 35
  • Snowden Mdpts.gif
    Snowden Mdpts.gif
    26.6 KB · Views: 29
  • Snowden RU.gif
    Snowden RU.gif
    17 KB · Views: 33
  • Snowden Mdpts RU.gif
    Snowden Mdpts RU.gif
    25.4 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

thelivingsky

There currently is an article on the homepage of Astrodienst about whistleblowers where the author claims that many whistlblowers have something prominent on the Galactic Center at 27 Sagittarius. She gives several examples with Snowden being one having his South Node there.

His Jupiter-Uranus conjunction in Saggy suggests a moralistic and very idealistic outlook and , and this conjunction in any sign usually confers some talent or exceptional ability - in his case probably high intelligence and some facility with technological devices. His Pluto Saturn conjunction makes for a very critical and judgmental nature. Jeremy Neal has a good article about this conjunction entitled "Pluto and Me: the Two Great Invisibles." at his blog (thechroticjournal). He remarks that the conjunction often brings a great deal of self-undoing through this compulsive need to always judge. He has other chart features that add to the judgmental nature- His Virgo ascendant and his Scorpio Moon. Virgo and Scorpio are both critical by nature.

So you have a very bright person, who is idealistic and yet is compulsively sitting in judgment of what he sees as "wrongs." Then add in his Pallas (the mark of politicians and activist), which makes a conjunction to his Black Moon that gives another somewhat unconscious impetus to be the one who pushes for action on the injustices. His Mars is very strong being trined by both Pluto and Saturn and conjunct Sun and N.Node - he is not one to be shy or unassertive and is very strong-willed. I often see Mars on a Moon's Node in charts of politicians and other advocates, even terrorists. Sun on the N.node often indicates fame. Pandora is conjunct his Sun and he certainly opened a "Pandora's box."

Last edited:

Alkaid

Just as I expected, he has a really strong chart.

He has a lot of dignified planets.
Sag Jupiter is at +10
Libra Saturn at +4
Venus is at +2
Sun is at +1

The ruler of his ascendant is a +8 Gemini Mercury and it's conjunct his ascendant. Mercury is in a blessed degree of increasing Fortune: the 11th of Gemini. Mercury is also conjunct Aldebarran.

"It gives honor, intelligence, eloquence, steadfastness, integrity, popularity, courage, ferocity, a tendency to sedition, a responsible position, public honors and gain of power and wealth through others, but its benefits seldom prove lasting and there is also danger of violence and sickness. [Robson*, p.120.]"

Sounds about right.

http://www.constellationsofwords.com/stars/Aldebaran.html

His ascendant ruler being so strong and so well configured to the ascendant indicates a good character.

His MC ruler Saturn is also exalted and trines his MC, this shows that most see him as a good person. Though Saturn is retrograde, so he has some detractors too.

His Part of Spirit is aspected by both of its dispositers: Saturn and venus, both of which are essentially dignified. The pos is another big indicator of a persons character and spirit is in the 5th house from the ascendant and the 10th house from the pof. Spirit is conjunct Saturn and Pluto which indicates a strong will.

His Capricorn pof is tightly squared by it's dispositer Saturn, who is exalted but retrograde. Which indicates a mix of good luck (exalted, aspecting the part and in the 10th house from the part) and bad luck (retrograde and the tight square). But overall there should definitely be more good luck for the native than bad.

wilsontc

Staff member
Back to astrology, to All

All,

Please get back to astrology. I have deleted the non-astrological posts. If you want to chat about Snowden, do it in the Chat forum.

Getting back,

Tim

Dubyadude1986

Mercury is also conjunct Aldebarran

Ahh. That makes sense... I've been seeing a lot of people ask about that star in other areas of the forum. Or, trying to get interpretations of planets conjunct Aldebarran, without mentioning the star being there.

lol

The royal stars always seem to draw people's interest in. I wouldn't have expected him to have that placement honestly.

Last edited: