Unaspected what now?

CapGoddess

I need some help here. Before I decide to tear my chart up (yes I actually have a paper version), Or to try and interpret perhaps mistakenly on my own I have a question. I was just browsing a site and for some reason I got it in my head to read up on unaspected planets then had a look at my chart. My Sun has one aspect to the Ascendant, I read this is considered virtually unaspected. Same with Uranus a trine I believe to the Ascendant. The question is, are these two planets considered unaspected in my chart?

I read the unaspected Sun description and it mentioned having trouble finding oneself. That has been an ongoing theme throughout my life. So this got me wondering whether or not these two planets are considered unaspected in my chart.

What really matters I suppose is that I identify with the description of the unaspected Sun.

Birth info if needed: December, 31, 1982 Biddeford Maine 9:00pm.

Any responses would be greatly appreciated.

IleneK

Premium Member
<...> My Sun has one aspect to the Ascendant, I read this is considered virtually unaspected. Same with Uranus a trine I believe to the Ascendant. The question is, are these two planets considered unaspected in my chart?

I read the unaspected Sun description and it mentioned having trouble finding oneself. That has been an ongoing theme throughout my life. So this got me wondering whether or not these two planets are considered unaspected in my chart.

What really matters I suppose is that I identify with the description of the unaspected Sun.

Birth info if needed: December, 31, 1982 Biddeford Maine 9:00pm.

Any responses would be greatly appreciated.

The orb allowed for aspects from the Sun are generous; some allow as much as 10 degrees. So Sun does widely trine the ascendant. But the ascendant is not a heavenly body, so I think I would agree with you that generally speaking, your Sun may be considered unaspected.

That said, however, when we do not find the standard conjunction, square, opposition or the trine and sextile, we can go to another level [harmonic] of aspects that divides the square [and the sextile, too] into smaller angles. The 8th harmonic divides the square into 45 degrees and the 16th harmonic creates one-fourth of a square, the 22.5 degree aspect. These square derivatives have the similar "hit" quality of the square and opposition.

Now, before everyone nods off completely, [perhaps including myself! :) ] my point is that maybe by some general convention, your Sun is unaspected. But if we look at the 22.5 degree aspects, your Sun is very closely in orb with natal Saturn. This is the same natal Saturn that exactly squares you natal Moon. So, while Sun may be "unaspected," I think that your difficulty in finding yourself, or your sense of alienation, may be, at least in part, a combination of Sun's tight 16th harmonic aspect to Saturn, along with the Moon-Saturn square.

For members of the forum to continue to develop responses, if you felt comfortable, it might be helpful to provide some examples of how not being able to find yourself manifests in your life? And, of course, if you prefer not to, that is just fine.

Kind regards,

CapGoddess

Not being able to find myself has manifested in my life as a search. I would seek out different spiritual books and read and look into different things and religions. I feel utterly different from how I once was. It's like I have no idea who I am. That's the best example I can really give at the moment. Thank you for your response.

Judy_AzVirgo

Ilene's response is a good one.... to check out the minor aspects. You might also look at midpoints that allow your Sun to establish some connections.

But basically, yes, your Sun is unaspected. And the Sun rules your 12th house, so it may be hard for you to access its energy. On the other hand, Noel Tyl says that an unaspected planet "runs away with the chart", meaning that it overpowers everything else. In my experience, an unaspected planet often has an "off and on" quality, very strong sometimes and sort of disappearing at other times. I have a nephew with an unaspected Sun, and he tends to display his Moon (in Aquarius) very strongly. I think it just works differently for different people.

I can't imagine that a Sun "wants" to be disconnected, so I wouldn't rule out the trine aspect to your Ascendant and sextile to your Descendant. These are good, solid connections. You also have Venus and Mercury in the same sign and house as your Sun, so there's another kind of connection.

The chart I'm looking at shows Jupiter conjunct your Uranus. I think there's a strong "searching" or seeking quality to this pairing, especially in Sagittarius, so maybe this conjunction is the source of your search to find yourself.

IleneK

Premium Member
Not being able to find myself has manifested in my life as a search. I would seek out different spiritual books and read and look into different things and religions. I feel utterly different from how I once was. It's like I have no idea who I am. That's the best example I can really give at the moment. Thank you for your response.

Thank you for your comment.

Sun [and Venus and Mercury] in Capricorn all point to the Saturnine theme of barriers, obstacles, to Sun's function of self-expression. But I think more importantly, the South Node, which represents that knowing which we bring into this existence either genetically or from past life [depending upon what you may believe] is in the sign of Capricorn. So an in-depth consideration of the mythology and range of symbolic meaning of Saturn could be very helpful for you to get greater clarity about self.

But I think we may be most interested in "where to go from here?" and that may be explored by looking at the North Node. Symbolic of your life's true calling, its position in Cancer and in the 11th may shed light on what you may become, since you no longer are what you once were. Living out 11th house Cancer will also bring balance to all the Capricorn influence, including the SN, in your chart.

I would add a few more points here. For the last two and half years or so, your progressed Moon has been passing through your 12th house. Using the whole sign system, it just moved into the light of the 1st house about a month ago. So you should begin to feel a greater inner lightness, a freer expression of your feelings to reach out for what you want to claim as yours. And in the fall, you will begin to experience your Saturn return, when transiting Saturn cycles back to its position in your natal chart. This is an important period of realization and maturity, and I think it may provide you with insight into its effects as ruler of your Sun, Mercury, Venus and SN. I am wishing you the best in your search.

Kind regards,