Do I have positive placements/aspects for being a public speaker or orator?

katydid

Public Speaker or Orator?

Well, Yes and possibly NO, let me clarify….

If we are looking at your ability to be a public speaker, there are some good indicators.

Merc/ruler of 3rd, in Taurus—Venus, in the 3rd in Gemini:

You have natal Venus in Gemini in the 3rd of communication skills. So you probably love to talk and are very good at expressing yourself in an animated, likeable way.

Venus trines Jupiter in the 11th in Aquarius, so you may be able to expand your communication skills to Social Media, pod casts, web based projects, tech devices, etc….but combined with Jupiter there might be a spiritual or religious or metaphysical aspect to this 11th house platform.

We look to Mercury to assess your communication skills:

Your Mercury rules the 3rd of Communication because Gemini is on the cusp. So communicating in many forms should come naturally to you.
Your Mercury is in the 1st, front and center, conjunct Moon in Taurus. So you know how to emotionally connect with others and make them feel like you are listening to them and care what they think. And you do.

Your Mercury is in an Earth Grand Trine with Mars in Virgo and Neptune in Cap in the 10th of Career/Public Service. So Public Speaking could be one of your strengths if you learn to prepare, research and organise your information.

Which is why I started by saying ‘yes and maybe no…’

What are the potential flaws in your public speaking skills? …Your Mercury has that wonderful Grand Trine, which indicates your ability to talk creatively, inspirationally, with flair, and with a natural flow.

However, Mercury also squares that 11th house Jupiter.

So you may sometimes talk too much? You may go on longer than need be.
Jupiter cannot always set proper boundaries. So a 1st house Mercury/Moon squaring Jupiter indicates some potential problems—maybe you say things spontaneously that are better left unsaid?
Maybe you will say some things, from a Jupiter place, like from a place of authority or wise counsel, but you might not always be correct or have your facts straight?

I have Mercury/Jupiter opposition so I know this conflict well. Sometimes, back when I was still teaching Astrology and Metaphysics, I would get too enthusiastic about something and ‘exaggerate’, as I like to call it. When my students would ask more about it I would have to go home and research and come back and clarify or backtrack…

Which brings me to the other issue I see—Venus in 3rd of communication square Mars/Virgo, chart ruler , in 6th of service. It is similar to the Mercury/Jupiter square. It can represent impatience, wanting to take shortcuts, not following through sufficiently so just giving quick overviews, etc.

So one potential drawback in your natal, in terms of becoming an orator or public speaker might be===what are you going to speak about?

You will need to go in depth, study something sufficiently and with enough experience and expertise, that you are fully qualified to speak on it, teach it and be comfortable that you are an expert.

In other words, you can be a very good and accomplished public speaker—as long as you take the time and energy needed to develop something important to talk about.

The weakness of Gemini on the 3rd, and Mercury square Jupiter, can be that you might be tempted to begin giving lectures or speaking appearances before you are a qualified expert in whatever field you are speaking about. :bandit:

The good news is that you have Sun opposed Pluto in the 8th, and Saturn in your 12th, sextile your Sun/Jupiter Trine. So you do know how to go deep and get to the core of the metaphysical ands spiritual pursuits that interest you. :ninja:

Last edited:

Cary2

Banned
Yes you do. Mercury/Moon are excellent and traditional for public speaking. You have a Mercury/Moon conjunction as part of a Grand Trine, Mercury/MC/Mars. This is a powerful indication of public speaking. The Mars/Mercury trine part shows you are mentally formidable and you don't shy away from debate, though many people today do shy away from debate. They would rather try to destroy your life and livelihood rather than face off in a debate. They would rather condemn you for your disagreement rather than put up with a thoughtful argument. They despise a thoughtful argument.

The reason we find so much trash as a substitute for debate is the Marxist tactics used today and the lack of mental power, but you look like an old school speaker with the wherewithal to hold up your end of an argument. This is a versatile grand trine; you are also good at anything commercial.

Harmelia

Here is my chart, what do you think?
https://imgur.com/a/7YBmnA4

I will chime in with a YES as well, with only one caveat.

What I like about you for public speaking - is Sun in Gemini in the 2nd house - with Venus in Gemini 3rd and then Moon conjunct Mercury in Taurus, 1st. There's more, but I'll get to that in a minute. The 2nd house is self-value as well as money - so the fact that Sun is there in Gemini, makes you a communicator who might easily make money speaking, teaching, writing or being in the field of communications in some way - such as news anchor, reporter. Taurus rules the voice and it is on your 2nd house cusp - so your Gemini Sun will need to blend with Taurus - and that will slow Gemini down and bring beauty to the voice. Gemini can talk too much and too fast on the negative - but with the Taurus influences, I'd think you won't have that problem. Then Venus is in Gemini - so there's more focus on speaking beautifully and pleasantly, as well as the Moon/Mercury in Taurus in the 1st. There is obviously pleasure and love of talking here in a very big way.

The past life symbol is in 12th house Pisces - which can mean that you could feel a bit lost or searching for a solid identity - or - because both rulers of Pisces are in Aquarius - you feel like you don't fit in - and so the pressure is to learn how to fit in. To do that, your North Node says you need to do Virgo, in the 6th - and Mars is conjunct North Node. Now I call that very supportive. You want to help people - no doubt with public speaking about what you care about - which could be about understanding alcohol, drugs, criminal activity, health-related topics - psychological or spiritual practice - stuff like that - or whatever it is you are passionate about. Virgo, 6th house is also ruled by Mercury - so what you want to do is heartfelt.

What I think might be a challenge is represented by Libra Chiron on your 7th house cusp connected with your Aries, 1st house planets. Chiron there tells me that relationships can be challenging - that with your Aries and Aquarius placements - you have this strong independence thing going - you can follow your own impulses and do your own thing - but you are less sensitive to how others feel. Your attention is more inward than outward. So, the challenge will be to learn how to tune into your audience. The more you can feel where they are at, the better public speaker you'll be. It's possible that the challenge will only manifest in your personal relationships - and you'll be able to feel your audience well with Jupiter in 11th - but Saturn is in Aries and Moon/Mercury are in the 1st house - so, you could be so passionate about what you're saying that you don't tune into the audience and pace yourself or adjust according to their responses.

Anyway, there's so much positive support for public speaking in your chart, that the answer has to be a big YES. Of course, whatever we do, we can always do better - and - so if you work at it - I bet you'll be great. Taking voice lessons - singing - helps public speakers develop their voices a lot - so I recommend doing that if you haven't already.

Out of curiosity, what subjects do you want to speak on?