New to Astrology

Elianah

Capper71,

You can ask here, it's no problem.

When I click on the link for your chart, I come up with the current date and time for a chart and not your chart.

Please give us your location for your birth on January 11, 1971 at 2:25 a.m. local time. Most astrological charting programs are sophisticated enough to get the city in the right time zone. This way we aren't left scratching our heads trying to figure out if your latitude is north or south and whether your longitude is east or west since the link doesn't provide that information.

Thanks!

Capper71

That stinks, the link doesn't work. Oh well.

My birth place was Philadelphia PA. The closest Lat and Lon. I can get to the physical birth place is Lat: 39.90834 and Lon: -75.18017. That is in the Eastern timezone.

wilsontc

Staff member
Chart interpretation

Capper,

Since you have more planets at the bottom of your chart than at the top you focus on your inner world more than the outer world

Since you have more planets on the left side of your chart than on the left, you focus on yourself more than on others

Since you have the most planets in the bottom left of your chart, you use what you know about your self to deepen your understanding of your inner world

You have focuses in:
- Being
- Physical
- Thinking
- Transformation
- Friends

For more, see the link below.

Charting,

Tim

Capper71

Thanks

All seem to be very true. I am a total intravert, but I am trying to break out.
I got the sense that was what the chart said by following what I could in the tutorial here. It seems a bit more complicated though from what I am seeing. Do different methods of charting really alter the results drastically?

wilsontc

Staff member
Different methods of charting

Capper,

You are who you are, so, not unsurprisingly, most different methods of charting will result in a very similar looking chart. In most charts, the Ascendant, Nadir, Descendant, and Midheaven will remain the same, while the cusps (edges) of the houses (12 sections of the chart) will differ slightly in where they begin and end.

The only exception is if a person charts using a different zodiac method. For example, if a person uses the Tropical zodiac, they will get one result. While if a person uses a sidereal zodiac, they will get a completely different result. However, there are different rules for interpreting a Tropical zodiac as opposed to the sidereal zodiac.

All of this is a LOT beyond the beginner in Western astrology. The simplest methods is to plug the data into astro.com, follow the prompts and accept the chart it creates as "your" chart. Later, after you thoroughly understand the default astro.com chart, you can think of changing zodiacs! ;-)

And the astrology of people IS complicated since PEOPLE are complicated. After you understand the basics, as outlined in my previous post, the next step is to find out about the connections BETWEEN chart energies, as indicated in Steps 5 and 6. These steps are more complex and take longer to complete, but they are the basics of advanced astrology.

Explaining astrology,

Tim