Grand Trine in the water signs AND houses?

Unknown

Hi everyone!

I've always been interested in 'metaphysical' pursuits from a young age. Astrology is, presently, the topic I've chosen to dive into. I'm relatively new at this, but I've learned quite a lot by perusing the internet. It's frustrating at times to not be able to find the meaning of certain aspects or other relations within a chart. Along with the fact that the descriptions are rather generalized and, while helpful and interesting, don't take into account the entire chart and how everything relates. Much how a puzzle piece vaguely depicts the part it has in the entirety of the picture, planets are only the most useful when their connections between the other planets are included, analyzed, and ultimately its importance is found within the absoluteness of the 'puzzle'. :tongue: I figured it would be more helpful to ask actual—albeit virtual—people for their insights into my chart as a whole. I have a fascination with learning about who I really am, be it through astrology, numerology, quizzes, personality tests, etc. Though I do it mostly for fun, I do take the information into consideration, and occasionally even incorporate it into my understanding of myself as a human being. :wink:

Anyway this is getting long so, on to my questions:

I have a Grand Water Trine between Mars in Cancer, Jupiter in Scorpio, and Saturn in Pisces. That's the 4th, 8th, and 12th houses, respectively. I am insanely curious what this means. I have read a Grand Trine is a representation of harmonious energy flowing freely between the planets included. What would it mean, then, that it's between the water signs and also the water houses (4th, 8th, & 12th)? I know they have dominion over psychic sensitivities, emotions, and intuition. Basically, what are your overall thoughts on this placement and the relationships between these three planets?

I also have a T-square and would like your thoughts on the involvement of those planets, as well.

Does anything stand out to you in my chart, anything you observe about my personality, etc?

I don't mean to take up your time with a lengthy response to my post, so anything you can offer is helpful to me and greatly appreciated. I don't really know what other information I should include, so if you have any questions feel free to ask. :joyful:
Here's my chart for visual reference.

Thank you :)

Attachments

• astro_2gw_01_unknown.75776.16462.gif
    astro_2gw_01_unknown.75776.16462.gif
    50.3 KB · Views: 57

Silversong

Hello, Unknown! Welcome to the forum!

It's good that you've begun to collect information about your chart! It always helps to already have a foundation. :joyful:

I am a novice and I won't be able to give you too many insights, but I would like to help a little. I noticed the orbs of the aspects in your Grand Trine and T-square. There are varied schools of thought on the matter, but I think that Astrodienst might be a bit too generous about how far from exact an aspect can be and still count. The Trine between Mars and Saturn has an orb 10 degrees- I've read that there's more leeway with the distance when one of the planets is the Sun or the Moon, but I'm not sure about Mars.

That said, however, if you feel that the discussions of this aspect are relevant to your life, then 10 degrees is just fine for you. I just wanted to point it out. The same issue applies to the square between Mars and Venus, I think. 9 degrees might be a bit wide, but if it is relevant to your life, then it fits.

It's really cool that you have the water signs (at least partially) in line with their corresponding houses! Still, (not to turn the cool factor down, but) I wonder if it changes anything that the cusps for these houses are in the air signs preceding the water signs. You'll likely have to blend the interpretations when delving deeper into the placements of your Mars, Jupiter, Pluto, and Saturn (just putting Pluto in, even if it's not in aspect to the other water planets).

I just realized that I didn't actually talk about what any of the aspects *mean*. :lol: I am not all that well acquainted with aspects in depth in general, but I think it might be interesting for you to look up the opposition between your Moon and Mars. The "emotional" element and the "will to action" element being in opposition like that might correspond to an issue that you are already well aware of.
I hope that all made sense! :eek:

Hopefully a more practiced member of the forum will come along and help you out!

Caro

I have a grand trine in water in the fire houses(1st/5th/9th) I had not reallly thought about that before but perhaps that gives a bit of extra energy. water grand trine can be a bit laidback.

Unknown

Silversong said:
Hello, Unknown! Welcome to the forum!
Thanks! :biggrin:

I noticed the orbs of the aspects in your Grand Trine and T-square. There are varied schools of thought on the matter, but I think that Astrodienst might be a bit too generous about how far from exact an aspect can be and still count. The Trine between Mars and Saturn has an orb 10 degrees- I've read that there's more leeway with the distance when one of the planets is the Sun or the Moon, but I'm not sure about Mars.
Ahhhh, I see. Like I said, I'm pretty new so I completely disregarded the orbs. I had an understanding of them but I wasn't aware of the maximum range at which planets could be in orb of each other. So I might not have a Grand Trine at all, then? Or even a proper T-square? Thanks for bringing this to my attention. :smile: Though I am a bit peeved. (Astrodienst...:annoyed:) What do you think about the trine between Mars and Jupiter? I have been reading up on it, and I've come to the conclusion that the maximum orb for Jupiter and Mars is 8 degrees, as per the websites I've come across. Though it may not be a tight aspect, they are still within range of influencing each other to some effect, yes?
...if you feel that the discussions of this aspect are relevant to your life...
I'm not exactly sure if Saturn-Mars effects me - though, I think, with the wider orb its effect would be less pronounced than a 2 degree orb such as my Jupiter-Saturn. With Mars square Venus, it generally signifies anger and a need to 'control' the other person with sexuality and force, which is not a problem for me. It may not be affecting me because of the wide orb, or the aggression is toned down due to my Venus in Libra (diplomatic and considerate within relationships) in my 7th house.
It's really cool that you have the water signs (at least partially) in line with their corresponding houses! Still, (not to turn the cool factor down, but) I wonder if it changes anything that the cusps for these houses are in the air signs preceding the water signs.
I thought it was really cool until I realized practically all of my houses are half-in and half-out of two signs :pinched: I guess I was blinded by the potential awesomeness of my water houses being ruled by the water signs. Though I'm wondering, too, what effect the air signs' partiality has on the signs and planets within these houses.
You'll likely have to blend the interpretations when delving deeper into the placements of your Mars, Jupiter, Pluto, and Saturn (just putting Pluto in, even if it's not in aspect to the other water planets).
Not to undermine your observation, but how are these planets affected by the "co-rulership" of the air and water signs within each house if the planets in question are expressly in the water signs(with the exeption of Mars)- does it still affect them?

I just realized that I didn't actually talk about what any of the aspects *mean*. :lol: I am not all that well acquainted with aspects in depth in general, but I think it might be interesting for you to look up the opposition between your Moon and Mars. The "emotional" element and the "will to action" element being in opposition like that might correspond to an issue that you are already well aware of.
That's alright! We're both still learning. :cool:
Yes, I've been curious about that aspect as well. It seems that Moon opposite Mars indicates problems with relationships - an explosive temper, emotional vulnerabilty, tendency to overreact, impatience, and a rigid persona. There are good points, as with any other hard aspect, such as a passionate and animated personality. I can definitely relate to this, especially when I was younger. Many conflicts with my mother and everyone around who had ears to hear and eyes to see.
Thank you very much for your reply. It has given me much to think about. :biggrin:

JUPITERASC

I have a Grand Water Trine between Mars in Cancer, Jupiter in Scorpio, and Saturn in Pisces. That's the 4th, 8th, and 12th houses, respectively. I am insanely curious what this means. I have read a Grand Trine is a representation of harmonious energy flowing freely between the planets included. What would it mean, then, that it's between the water signs and also the water houses (4th, 8th, & 12th)? I know they have dominion over psychic sensitivities, emotions, and intuition. Basically, what are your overall thoughts on this placement and the relationships between these three planets?

I also have a T-square and would like your thoughts on the involvement of those planets, as well.

Here's my chart for visual reference. Thank you :)
Moon is the traditional domicile of Cancer so aspects involving natal Moon and Mars as well as other aspects between the Moon and other natal planets are in focus

Scorpio is the traditional domicile of Mars and therefore aspects involving natal Mars and Jupiter as well as other aspects between Mars and other natal planets are a consideration.

Pisces is the traditional domicile of Jupiter so aspects between natal Jupiter and Saturn are involved in the mix

Also, since Scorpio is the traditional domicile of Mars and Cancer is the traditional Exaltation of Jupiter then your natal Mars is in mutual mixed reception with your natal Jupiter. For anyone unfamiliar with the idea of 'Reception' between planets here's a useful explanation of this interesting concept
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/dig6.html
:smile:

Silversong

You're very welcome! I'm glad I could help! :joyful:

In response to your questions:

Yes, indeed! I think that the Mars/Jupiter Trine still counts. I'd also read that 8 degrees is about right for a Trine with Mars (or any of the inner planets) involved.

About the Air cusps of the 4th, 8th, and 12th houses: it's not exactly a co-rulership issue. I realize that I didn't explain this part all that well before (actually because I figured that I might get really wordy about it)- but here goes! :whistling:

What I mean to say is that I'd look at house situations like this in two parts. There is the interpretation of the house cusp, which is supposed to set the tone for the type of energy that part of your life has running through it. And then there can be a sign that is partially (or sometimes intercepted) within that house that a planet is in- so that has to be interpreted within the sign. For example, Your fourth house as a whole would be read through a Gemini lens. However, when you want to look at articles and descriptions of your Mars (which by the way is fully Cancerian even on the 0th degree :) ) You would look for a "Fourth House Mars" in Cancer. So then, if you were going to try to study your fourth house as a whole, you would have to blend the cusp definition (Gemini-based) with the exact position definition (Cancer-based). And so it would go for all the houses in your chart where this applies!

That said, I just want to say that this is just my take on things. There could very well be a better way to look at your planets in their signs and houses, but this can be a starter idea of sorts. :smile:

Bradders

I've read up grand trines as a ease in relationship, sensitivity towards others and yourself and dealing with the emotional priorities of others in a free flowing and sensitive, compassionate manner. Just a big general ease at doing this, relating, understanding and so on.

Somehow your personality clicks with mine, I can relate with you. Welcome to Astrologer forums. :) I'm sure you'll be a budding member who can provide insight for yourself and perhaps others if you desire. :)

kr67

Hi, I came across your post in a google search as I'm currently trying to learn more about the Grand Trine/Kite Formation in my own chart. Just before this I read a page which explained that a Grand Trine between houses 4/8/12 is also known as a Grand Psychic Trine, even more so when it's a Grand Water Trine! Unfortunately I'm just at the beginning of my investigation so I don't have more to offer.

I have a grand trine in water in the fire houses(1st/5th/9th) I had not reallly thought about that before but perhaps that gives a bit of extra energy. water grand trine can be a bit laidback.

I have the same thing! mine is with my Cancer ASC, Scorpio Pluto in 5th, and Pisces Saturn in 9th