Indicators of Higher education?

tsmall

Premium Member
Blackempress, to get back to your question, for higher education I would want to look at the 9th, the ruler of the 9th and its condition including aspects, any planets posited in the 9th, the exaltation ruler of the 9th and it's condition (including aspects) and then Mercury, the Moon and Jupiter in that order and with the same conditions.

gen6k

transits can be used for timing of going to school as well as many other predictive methods.

for example someone with Neptune entering the 9th and eventually squaring Mercury in another house will not make it through graduate school. unless they have a strong subconscious, and kind of float through it.

Blackempress

Blackempress, to get back to your question, for higher education I would want to look at the 9th, the ruler of the 9th and its condition including aspects, any planets posited in the 9th, the exaltation ruler of the 9th and it's condition (including aspects) and then Mercury, the Moon and Jupiter in that order and with the same conditions.

No Problem, this OP has no issue with personal chart discussions. It helps in understanding.
Highly Valuable information Peregrine Moon, Moog & t-Small.

Now I'm getting a bit ... queasy because of my own 9th.

Well, it's got Uranus there if I use most house systems with 9th in Sagg (Aquarius on 12th Cusp)
For 5th house... by most HS it's empty in Leo. (Sun in 4th)

I don't get how my Asc plays a role though... unless my Path is Spirituality/religion (Neptune in 10th) from Pisces Asc.

In Whole signs Jupiter sits in 9th Scorpio with Mars/pluto in 8th & Sagg MC. (My Rescuer)
5th House- Cancer Sun-(Moon in 8th of analysis or counselling-Libra)

So maybe my further education is Jupiter or Neptune ruled? (M.B.B.S grad atm)

I'm not good on assessing the transits but I can't help posting my own chart as usual if someone can get the info straight.

Everyone is welcome to share your own charts/info. Love interactive analysis.

Attachments

• BK.jpg
    BK.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

tsmall

Premium Member
No Problem, this OP has no issue with personal chart discussions. It helps in understanding.
Highly Valuable information Peregrine Moon, Moog & t-Small.

Now I'm getting a bit ... queasy because of my own 9th.

Well, it's got Uranus there if I use most house systems with 9th in Sagg (Aquarius on 12th Cusp)
For 5th house... by most HS it's empty in Leo. (Sun in 4th)

I don't get how my Asc plays a role though... unless my Path is Spirituality/religion (Neptune in 10th) from Pisces Asc.

In Whole signs Jupiter sits in 9th Scorpio with Mars/pluto in 8th & Sagg MC. (My Rescuer)
5th House- Cancer Sun-(Moon in 8th of analysis or counselling-Libra)

So maybe my further education is Jupiter or Neptune ruled? (M.B.B.S grad atm)

I'm not good on assessing the transits but I can't help posting my own chart as usual if someone can get the info straight.

Everyone is welcome to share your own charts/info. Love interactive analysis.

M.B.B.S. and you are "queasy" about your 9th? :w00t:

Jupiter rules both your ASC and MC, and is in the 9th, ruled by Mars. Mars is in Libra (air) in the 8th (Surgeon?)

I didn't take the time to really analyze the condition of all the plants, because that does take time, but I think your 9th is just fine. :smile:

Blackempress

M.B.B.S. and you are "queasy" about your 9th? :w00t:

Jupiter rules both your ASC and MC, and is in the 9th, ruled by Mars. Mars is in Libra (air) in the 8th (Surgeon?)

Interesting...I never did the rulers this way! :surprised:
Yes, TRYING to get into surgery or alternate would be Psychiatry... either way 8th house!
Thank You!

d00dle

Blackempress, your 3rd house appears to be very strong with Mercury in Gemini (its domicile) and venus, its house ruler according to Placidus house method...Gemini is the natural 3rd house. you may be a quick study able to pick up on various subjects easily. also have oratory and writing abilities.

Mars rules your 9th house, is said to be in detriment (in Libra), but also said to be received by Saturn (exalt in Libra) and Mercury (in gemini). Mars in libra, Venus rules libra and is in your 3rd house (correction lol). Mars (ruler of your 9th) is in the 7th house, you'll marry someone from overseas or something.

Last edited:

d00dle

I can relate to this.

I have mars (cancer) in the 9th and it's conjunct my MC. I also graduated from college in just 4 years, and went straight to graduate school (where I am now). I had issues with school when I was young (saturn in the 3rd), but as I moved up it became easier and more natural because I felt like I have more control over how I learn.

I also went very far away for school. I grew up in New Jersey, went to college in Montana, and now I am in graduate school in Oregon. Pretty much as far away as you can go and still be in the country! I just felt pulled out here. I listened, and I was completely right with my decisions.

I do get bored easy, but I know where my long term goals are so I keep aiming for them even if I get bored. As such, I don't waver with my plans. At worst I distract myself too much and my grades dip a bit, but when that happens I panic and bounce right back.

Higher education has come "easy" to me, and the higher I go the more natural it feels (I'm aiming for PhD). Not to say school hasn't been a challenge. My goodness it certainly has! It's a good challenge though. It means I am learning and getting a ton out of it :)

oh, wow! mars in cancer here too, and the 9th ruler also in the 8th. Mercury in virgo and yours in gemini. ours mercury signs are very strong :)

Blackempress

Blackempress, your 3rd house appears to be very strong with Mercury in Gemini (its domicile) and venus, its house ruler according to Placidus house method...Gemini is the natural 3rd house. you may be a quick study able to pick up on various subjects easily. also have oratory and writing abilities.

Mars rules your 9th house, is said to be in detriment (in Libra), but also said to be received by Saturn (exalt in Libra) and Mercury (in gemini). Mars in libra, Venus rules libra and is in your 3rd house (correction lol). Mars (ruler of your 9th) is in the 7th house, you'll marry someone from overseas or something.

That's good. I'm hoping I marry a foreigner or if nothing, someone abroad. I kindda like the WS interpretation for Career...it gave me more hope. Lol

Yes, I have many talents indeed & can learn anything I put my mind to. I was told Mercury would've been better unaspected so though I am smart, it takes me time to learn things instead of having a photographic memory.

Thank you!

LovelyNomad7

I already have a B.A. in Spanish Translation & Interpreting. I'm currently doing a post-bac program in Communication Sciences and Disorders? What are my chances of continuing on to grad school? I'm going to begin applying in the next couple of months. Is it in the stars for me?

Attachments

• astro_w2at_02_ana_s_hp.14362.32559.gif
    astro_w2at_02_ana_s_hp.14362.32559.gif
    54.7 KB · Views: 20

muj

A friend of mine has scorpio on the cusp of 9th and scorpio's ruler, pluto, in the 9th making a trine to her moon. She's a psychologist... makes sense, doesn't it?
What if someone has a Completely empty 9th? What's with that?

my 9th house is scorpio and no planets in there but pluto is in 7th. mars is in 5th.. at 8th there is moon and neptune in scorpio and i graduated from psychology (4 yrs)