Curious about my Mars

whiteoak

Curious about my Mars (conjunct MC and Chiron)

When I look at my chart, I think that I should have a strong Mars - regarding its position (conjunct Midheaven) and some of the aspects - but I don't actually feel it that way. At least not in the way that I think I was supposed to.

I wonder if it is due to the conjunction with Chiron?

Looking at my chart, how do you think my Mars could play out?

Last edited:

whiteoak

Re: Curious about my Mars (conjunct MC and Chiron)

What do you mean you dont feel it in that way? dont you put much energy in career related subjects? arent you driven to reach your goals or what do you mean?:pouty:

Well, yes and no. I do have career related goals that I want to achieve, but sometimes I feel I lack the motivation and drive needed to pursue it.

Actually, I've been feeling very frustrated career-wise. It seems I'm getting nowhere, no matter what I do. That's another thing, I feel like I have to work much harder than normal to achieve something.

Having Mars conjunct MC, I feel like things should be a bit different, I should be a bit different, like more assertive, even "aggressive" to achieve what I want to achieve, a go-getter. But instead I lack confidence, the energy and focus (the lack of focus may have to do with my Mars being in Gemini...). I do work hard and I never give up, but it feels that's not enough.

Since my Mars is also conjunct Chiron, I wonder if that could be an explanation.

I also don't know if I should interpret it as being in the 9th house, 10th house or both...

The reason I created this thread is because this is a part of my chart that I'm still trying to figure out, and it's related to a part of my life that I am struggling right now, so any help is welcome.

Last edited:

curiousabout77

Your 10th house and 4th house also have something to say about your parents so have they wounded you to the point that you have lost motivation to go forward? Also, mars and chiron are opposite uranus on the fourth house cusp so have you felt like your parents are unsupportive and you have to work against them? Just thinking out loud.

three M symbols

Hi

Mars is "strong", because it conjunct MC. So he is important in your chart. But it doesn't mean that he is easy to deal with in everyday life.
In Gemini it's hard for him to direct his energy into one single direction. Because it isn't the nature of Gemini.. It's a mutable sign, and also an air sign (so it's more about communication, ideas, thoughts, concepts, ideas, relationships.. than some concrete material "earthy" tasks for example).
The meaning of Mars is "what you are fighting for", or "what you are fighting against".
So, he plays out in your 10th house. (I use the astrological rules that says : when a planet is less than 4° before an house cusp, it belong to the next house.)

Mars in 10th house just mean you have to fight for your 10th house.
Your goals, achievements, carreer, reputation, public persona, etc..

I think the lack of confidence can come from different other placements.
For example the opposition Sun/Saturn, and Mercury/Pluto.

I also have this opposition Sun/Saturn in my chart.
It can create lack of self confidence or self esteem. Also as energy or even motivation problems, because the sun represent vitality and willpower. What we want to be. And Saturn represent some boundaries and restrictions, delays, reality, etc.. Saturn is in your 3rd house so this boundaries can come from your immediate surroundings, or your thoughts and communications because 3rd house is an intellectual house.

Having a Virgo ASC can also create issues with selfconfidence, self esteem, etc..
Virgo is perfectionnist so this sign is used to work "much harder than normal" to achieve something.

Ruler of your Virgo ASC is Mercury. And Mercury is in a difficult position.. Firstly, he is in 8th house of struggles and transformations, that is very deep. He also conjunct lilith, and in the opposition Pluto/Mercury. So it can create issues too

Last edited:

whiteoak

Hi :smile:

Mars is "strong", because it conjunct MC. So he is important in your chart. But it doesn't mean that he is easy to deal with in everyday life.
In Gemini it's hard for him to direct his energy into one single direction. Because it isn't the nature of Gemini.. It's a mutable sign, and also an air sign (so it's more about communication, ideas, thoughts, concepts, ideas, relationships.. than some concrete material "earthy" tasks for example).
The meaning of Mars is "what you are fighting for", or "what you are fighting against".

Mars in 10th house just mean you have to fight for your 10th house.
Your goals, achievements, carreer, reputation, public persona, etc..

That actually makes sense to me because it's definitely a part of my life that I feel I've always struggled with and that I have to really fight for.

So, he plays out in your 10th house. (I use the astrological rules that says : when a planet is less than 4° before an house cusp, it belong to the next house.)

Good to know. Does this mean that Jupiter is in my 6th house, not 5th? That's another placement that I have doubts.

I think the lack of confidence can come from different other placements.
For example the opposition Sun/Saturn, and Mercury/Pluto.

I also have this opposition Sun/Saturn in my chart.
It can create lack of self confidence or self esteem. Also as energy or even motivation problems, because the sun represent vitality and willpower. What we want to be. And Saturn represent some boundaries and restrictions, delays, reality, etc.. Saturn is in your 3rd house so this boundaries can come from your immediate surroundings, or your thoughts and communications because 3rd house is an intellectual house.

Yeah... that Sun/Saturn opposition is a part of my chart that I know too well, I feel it a lot, and already suspected it might have something to do with this too.

Having a Virgo ASC can also create issues with selfconfidence, self esteem, etc..
Virgo is perfectionnist so this sign is used to work "much harder than normal" to achieve something.

True, sometimes I'm my own worst enemy...

So there's a lot a lot of possible reasons, no wonder I'm struggling :biggrin:

Thank you for your interpretation! It helped to shed some light on this matter. :wink:

three M symbols

Yes, I see your Jupiter as a part of 6th house.
But what is the most important is how you feel it.
Do you feel it more in the 5th or 6th?

I understand your virgo problems ^^ I'm a virgo sun and moon lol.

I also have the same kind of issues with motivation, even if my Mars placement is excellent (in a domicile sign, cj ASC, with no bad aspects).

Other planets placements "cancel" a bit his energy

whiteoak

Yes, I see your Jupiter as a part of 6th house.
But what is the most important is how you feel it.
Do you feel it more in the 5th or 6th?

It's kind of a mystery to me, too. Besides Mars, my Jupiter placement also intrigues me (I get the sign, not so sure about the house). I think I need to read more about it, I always assumed that it was in the 5th house, so I don't know much about Jupiter in the 6th house, but from what I've read so far, I can identify with some things, I just don't know if it's because my Jupiter is actually in the 6th house or because I have a Virgo rising (since the 6th house is the Virgo house), so that doesn't help me figure this out...

It's the same with my Mars, I can see it in both houses, but that can be because my sun is in the 9th house, so it's not easy to distinguish.

I understand your virgo problems ^^ I'm a virgo sun and moon lol.

Well, that can't be easy! :D

I also have the same kind of issues with motivation, even if my Mars placement is excellent (in a domicile sign, cj ASC, with no bad aspects).

Other planets placements "cancel" a bit his energy

Yeah, sometimes I wonder how things would be if it wasn't for the hard aspects and placements... but that's how we learn and grow :wink:

three M symbols

Maybe Jupiter can plays out in both houses, if you identify with both placements.
Otherwise, the way to know where he belong the most could be to think about how his aspects influence your life in general..

Or what are your differences of behavior with the normal "virgo archetype" in work/health/routine/everyday tasks/services.. of 6th house

For exemple I know if something belong to my 6th h.
Because even if I'm a Virgo Sun and Moon, I don't like to loose a lot of time cooking/cleaning/sleeping/doing other things for body needs. I have difficulties to follow a planning (even if I like to plan). I'm very motivated to start things (sometimes 10 things the same day), but I have issues to finish just 1 of them because my motivation is gone after.
This is because my 6th house is ruled by Aries. And Mars is in 1st house in my chart (analogous to Aries too). So I can be impulsive in the things related directly to 6th house. (but I'm not impulsive otherwise in general)

So, if something isn't "normal" in your virgo energy. It could be related to your 6th house (or 8th house because your ASC ruler is in it)

Last edited:

ToltecLearn

Yeah, sometimes I wonder how things would be if it wasn't for the hard aspects and placements... but that's how we learn and grow :wink:

I think you are right whiteoak we can learn a lot from our placements sometimes the more difficult ones are the ones that we learn the most from

i think three m symbols is being very precise and accurate with his reading :sideways:

whiteoak

Maybe Jupiter can plays out in both houses, if you identify with both placements.
Otherwise, the way to know where he belong the most could be to think about how his aspects influence your life in general..

Or what are your differences of behavior with the normal "virgo archetype" in work/health/routine/everyday tasks/services.. of 6th house

Because even if I'm a Virgo Sun and Moon, I don't like to loose a lot of time cooking/cleaning/sleeping/doing other things for body needs. I have difficulties to follow a planning (even if I like to plan). I'm very motivated to start things (sometimes 10 things the same day), but I have issues to finish just 1 of them because my motivation is gone after.
This is because my 6th house is ruled by Aries. And Mars is in 1st house in my chart (analogous to Aries too). So I can be impulsive in the things related directly to 6th house. (but I'm not impulsive otherwise in general)

So, if something isn't "normal" in your virgo energy. It could be related to your 6th house (or 8th house because your ASC ruler is in it)

Sorry for the late reply.

Your explanation was very helpful, thanks a lot :) but the more I think and read about it, the more confused I get. Yes, I think I can feel Jupiter acting in both houses, which also means that I don't identify entirely with any. I mean, I feel some of the traits in both houses (not 100% tho), but not so much "Jupiter's blessings" in those areas, at least not in a way that I am aware of.

Because even if I'm a Virgo Sun and Moon, I don't like to loose a lot of time cooking/cleaning/sleeping/doing other things for body needs.

It's funny that you mentioned this because I feel the same way. I hate cleaning but at the same time I can't live in a dirty and messy place, so I'm always cleaning and tidying the house anyway... I kind of enjoy cooking because I find it therapeutic, but I don't like to waste a lot of time in the kitchen so usually I just make quick and easy dishes (or maybe I'm just lazy). I much prefer to eat than cook. :p

Work can make me happy (depending on the job), I like/need to feel useful, I’m interested in health related issues, I follow a diet, I'm also interested in the environment, and pets/animals are a source of joy for me. But I am not a big fan of routines, just enough for some stability.

As for the 5th house, I think the reason that I don’t identify with some things can be because Capricorn is on the cusp of my fifth house, so it has a Saturn flavour...

In this article, for example, I was able to identify myself with some parts of the description of jupiter in the 5th and saturn in the 5th:
http://www.canaryquillastrology.com/articles/2016/6/22/the-fifth-house

three M symbols

Sorry for the confusion ^^'

Maybe you identify with Saturn in 5th house because you have the Sun-Saturn opposition too. And Sun is related to some things analogous to 5th house like ego, self expression, self confidence, etc..

Capricorn 5th house cusp make you ambitious with 5th house things.

We say Jupiter is a benefic planet. But the more I study astrology, the more I think he can be a curse at the same time. Jupiter is vicious because it can expand anything, good or bad. For example in 1st house of natal chart it can create weight problems for some people. In 7th house he can create excessive issues in 1-1 relationships (and even some kind of ennemies or other difficulties like that). We also saw what happened with the cap stellium including Jupiter - and coronavirus.

I think the blessing of Jupiter is that he give some kind of opportunities in the house he is. Also as experiences and maybe wisdom/knowledge throught it.
But it depend the aspects and the overall chart
Maybe you don't like routines because your Sun is in 9th house.
(I thought you could like routines because Taurus Sun and Virgo ASC generally like them.) But you also have your 6th house cusp in Aquarius. So you could have some "original" routines lol

Last edited:
I have a mars conjunct Chiron, and i would consider myself aggressive and self assertive. I have a mars in Scorpio opposition Jupiter probably why

whiteoak

Sorry for the confusion ^^'

Maybe you identify with Saturn in 5th house because you have the Sun-Saturn opposition too. And Sun is related to some things analogous to 5th house like ego, self expression, self confidence, etc..

Capricorn 5th house cusp make you ambitious with 5th house things.

We say Jupiter is a benefic planet. But the more I study astrology, the more I think he can be a curse at the same time. Jupiter is vicious because it can expand anything, good or bad. For example in 1st house of natal chart it can create weight problems for some people. In 7th house he can create excessive issues in 1-1 relationships (and even some kind of ennemies or other difficulties like that). We also saw what happened with the cap stellium including Jupiter - and coronavirus.

I think the blessing of Jupiter is that he give some kind of opportunities in the house he is. Also as experiences and maybe wisdom/knowledge throught it.
But it depend the aspects and the overall chart
(I thought you could like routines because Taurus Sun and Virgo ASC generally like them.) But you also have your 6th house cusp in Aquarius. So you could have some "original" routines lol

No need to be sorry, my Jupiter placement is what's confusing and you are doing a good job helping me figuring it out. :)

That's a good point, the Sun-Saturn opposition can explain why I feel this way about my Jupiter. So in the end, I think I feel it in both houses, but probably with the interference of that aspect (regarding the 5th house), as you mentioned.

I think it's that and also my Jupiter in Aquarius. I'm ok with routines as long as they are balanced with free time or activities that I find more pleasurable. I need a routine to feel secure and I really need some stability in my life, but I also need variety, otherwise I can feel bored and even unmotivated.

All in all, I guess you're right about Jupiter, and it was particularly noticeable in this pandemic situation…

Thank you so much for your inputs, I came here to understand more about my Mars and ended up understanding more about my Jupiter too! ;)