Yod, super important or not important at all?

jaz84

I was researching the yod, since I have that configuration in my chart, and I found many points of view about it. On the one hand, some say that it is very important because it´s about planets or signs that do not have anything in common ... that the yod is a blocked potential that when activated changes your life, etc. that is, it is one of the most complicated configurations.
On the other hand, I read that the Yod does not have at all the importance given to it, because it is a combination of minor aspects, and precisely because of that, because there are no points in common between the parties, it does not have much influence in our lives.
Please, I would like your opinion, since I do not find much information about it, and in my chart I have a yod apx mercury and I´m a gemini. What importance should I give in the interpretation of my chart? And if you know where I can get more information about it, please share!!
Thank you !!

Attachments

• carta.jpg
    carta.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 44

miquar

Hi. Some yods are more important than others. I think the yod in your chart is important. Most of the people alive today have a reasonably close sextile between Neptune and Pluto, and a great many people have another planet forming some kind of configuration with them. When you were born, the sextile was very close, and Mercury not only makes very close quincunxes to Neptune and Pluto - it was exactly opposite the Neptune/Pluto midpoint. With Mercury ruling both the Sun and Venus - and with an air sign rising (which is ruled by Venus) I think Mercury's position in your chart is especially important. Mercury in Taurus may not be the easiest sign placement through which to channel Neptune and Pluto, but there are surely some very colourful possibilities when such an aesthetically sensitive Mercury is opened to the transpersonal. Reflect on the kind of mind you have. Where is it trying to take you? Give it free reign to explore and see what it comes up with.....

Best wishes

Miquar

wan

I think they should be important, because they contain a configuration of all three modalities. To me that is significant.

greybeard

I think they should be important, because they contain a configuration of all three modalities. To me that is significant.

Ignore yods at your peril.

Minor aspects often bring major effects...more so when involved in a formation.

jaz84

Mercury in Taurus may not be the easiest sign placement through which to channel Neptune and Pluto
thank you so much miquar! then I interpret that the challenge is to channel pluto and neptune energy through mercury, and that taurus resistance to changes is where one of the stress factors may lies

jaz84

Ignore yods at your peril.

Minor aspects often bring major effects...more so when involved in a formation.

Thank you ! do you have more information about configurations? I mean research material, books, authors that you can recommend me? I don´t find much specific information about it :sideways::sideways:

miquar

Hi. Taurus can be quite dynamic - it's just that it has a more subjective sense of order (and thus timing) than the other earth signs. But Taurus is quite pragmatic despite this subjectivity, and part of the breadth of the configuration is that this pragmatic Mercury needs to act as a kind of mouthpiece for the vast and chaotic realms of Neptune and Pluto.

Best wishes

Miquar

wan

So, it's mid-point astrology? I thought you meant a Yod configuration itself included all three modalities. How is a Yod defined in your opinion?

What's mid-point astrology?

Anyway, isn't a Yod one planet away from two planets, one that is 6 signs apart and the other 8? For example, if the focal point is Aries at 8 degree, to be a yod, the other two planets would be at roughly the 8th degree of Scorpio and Virgo. In such a case, there are planets of all three modalities. At least this is how I understood yods to be.

Last edited:

david starling

What's mid-point astrology?

Anyway, isn't a Yod one planet away from two planets, one that is 6 signs apart and the other 8? For example, if the focal point is Aries at 8 degree, to be an exact yod, the other two planets would be at roughly the 8th degree of Scorpio and Virgo. In such a case, there are planets of all three modalities. At least this is how I understood yods to be.

Same here. It has a maximum Orb 2 degrees for all three placements. But, Aspects alone, this one IS a VERY tight Sextile at the base, so maybe it's an "out-of-sign" Yod? Greybeard may have something to add.

wan

I think there can definitely be "out-of-sign" yods, just like how there are out of sign grand-trines.

david starling

Well, I looked it up. I have a close Trine between the Sun and Jupiter in Water, and a less than 5 degree Orb, out-of-sign Trine with Saturn in Fire, included in a Grand-trine. Glad Saturn's not in :cancer:! :lol:

wan

What's your maximum Orb on a grand-trine?

Havent really thought about it. But if I had to choose, probably an orb that is smaller than what is allowed for a regular grand-trine. The out-of-sign-ness means to me that the orbs allowed need to be tighter.

wan

Well, I looked it up. I have a close Trine between the Sun and Jupiter in Water, and a less than 5 degree Orb, out-of-sign Trine with Saturn in Fire, included in a Grand-trine. Glad Saturn's not in :cancer:! :lol:

I probably have a yod in my chart. The focal point is my Pisces ascendant at 12th degree, and the other two are Pluto at Libra 16 and Jupiter at Leo 17. I am not sure if this counts or not because the ascendant is not a real object. It's just a point.

david starling

I probably have a yod in my chart. The focal point is my Pisces ascendant at 12th degree, and the other two are Pluto at Libra 16 and Jupiter at Leo 17. I am not sure if this counts or not because the ascendant is not a real object. It's just a point.

I have a thread going on about whether the Ascendant can be considered to rule a sign, even though it's not an "object". Consider this logic: ALL of our Aspects are based on measured points, which are the intersections of the Lines of Lunar and Planetary Celestial Longitude with our plane of measurement, the Ecliptic. The only object actually IN our plane of measurement is the Sun. Also, very few astrologers claim that some sort of emanations from the Planets themselves are what's causing the astrological influence associated with them.
I would definitely considered yours to be a Yod.

wan

Cool. I like it. I have always wished there were more configurations in my chart. Thanks David!

david starling

You're welcome! There's something special about this one of ours--I recently had a Mars Return, which happened at the tip of my triple Yod (Mercury is tightly Conj Mars, which is Conj my Asc, so there are 3 Yods close together, with Neptune and Pluto at the base), and I had transiting Neptune there as well, all in Pisces. I was in a disconcerting triggered state for about a week and a half. But the Ascendant transits the tip EVERY DAY. I'm going to try to find a current, up to the minute Ascendant locator for where I live, and check how it feels for the brief Ascendant Return to the Natal Yod point. If I find one, I'll let you know.

Last edited: