Squares to Uranus

ukdesifem

If a person has squares to Uranus, what does this mean exactly?

I have squares to Mercury, Venus, Moon, and Jupiter, and I reckon I'm a very individualistic/headstrong person. Have I answered my own question?

Osamenor

Staff member
Do you mean that Uranus squares your Moon, Mercury, Venus, and Jupiter, or does something else square them?

I never thought about it much, and probably should, because I have that in my chart: Uranus squared by Saturn, and making itself a powerhouse by sitting on my MC. Someone I discussed that with on this forum suggested that I might be experiencing conflict between a desire to be conventional (Saturn) and a desire to throw away the rule books and do everything differently (Uranus)... and that's certainly true.

waybread

Yes and yes.

Uranus rules both liberation and positive change, as well as sudden disruption and even catastrophes or accidents. Whether we welcome change or view it as an unwanted disturbance probably depends on our other chart factors.

Capricorn: "But we've always done it this way, and on the best authority."
Uranus: "But this makes no sense. It stifles people's creativity."

Taurus: "I like things the way they are."
Uranus: "But things could be so much more enlivening, and less boring."

Aries: "I want to jump out of airplanes as a hobby."
Uranus: "Let's go!"

With Uranus square moon, your feelings may change rapidly and often.

With Uranus square Saturn, probably the best use is to try exciting and unconventional activities-- but wear your seatbelt and follow the safety precautions. That way both planets get some of what they want, and can even work together constructively.

Osamenor

Staff member
With Uranus square Saturn, probably the best use is to try exciting and unconventional activities-- but wear your seatbelt and follow the safety precautions. That way both planets get some of what they want, and can even work together constructively.

Oh, I have, but it's still not giving me the right life balance. Uranus is occupying my midheaven/tenth house, not allowing any kind of "real" career, but Saturn seems to want one! My Uranus is perhaps a bigger wild card than usual, too, because it's in the last degree of its sign. I was born during a year when Uranus kept transiting back and forth over the Libra/Scorpio cusp, right before it left Libra for good, so I have that shake it up magnified. Saturn, meanwhile, occupies Cancer and the seventh house, and rules my Capricorn ascendant.

waybread

I have Uranus closely conjunct my MC. The key is to identify a career with a lot of autonomy and variety built-in. Or look for a Uranian career. Something cutting edge like IT, science, aviation, or astronomy. Let Saturn provide you the self-discipline to achieve it!

BTW, Uranus conjunct MC or in the 10th is a good placement for an astrologer, as Uranus is the modern ruler of astrology.

Osamenor

Staff member
BTW, Uranus conjunct MC or in the 10th is a good placement for an astrologer, as Uranus is the modern ruler of astrology.

I think that's what I'm going to have to be! But I don't want to be just an astrologer, either, so more trying to cobble something together....

MaybeNow

I have Uranus conj Asc square Mars. I am impatient and can quickly lose my cool BUT I quickly get over it and forget about it. I don't hold grudges. I seldom argue with people and am generally very calm and easygoing. Maybe because it happens in a flash and then is gone -- like lightning! :innocent:

Osamenor

Staff member
I have Uranus conj Asc square Mars. I am impatient and can quickly lose my cool BUT I quickly get over it and forget about it. I don't hold grudges. I seldom argue with people and am generally very calm and easygoing. Maybe because it happens in a flash and then is gone -- like lightning! :innocent:

What sign is your Mars in?

I'm trying to test a theory I have kicking around about Mars placement and tendency to hold grudges, or lack thereof.

Blacknight

My uranus loosely squares my mercury within an orb of less than 6 degrees. Uranus is also conjunct my neptune and it's opposite my mars.

I'm pretty easy going... mellow even, and I don't suffer from anger problems.

I think if I do get upset, I'm more calculating in how I respond to the situation at hand. It really depends on the situation...

Something else that I wonder about is hearing. My ears have developed tinnitus after working for years in loud environments/production factories/chain sawing trees/etc and now I ride a motorcycle. During all my work I always wore ear protection, but I figure my hearing is destined to become ruined. Even before my exposure to these environments I had really sensitive hearing that seemed to get easily agitated. I would often get those loud ringing sounds that flare up and disappear frequently as I was growing up despite no loud noise exposure...

Anyway I wonder if there's a connection with hearing and a mercury uranus square.

Osamenor

Staff member
My uranus loosely squares my mercury within an orb of less than 6 degrees. Uranus is also conjunct my neptune and it's opposite my mars.

I'm pretty easy going... mellow even, and I don't suffer from anger problems.

If you have Uranus conjunct Neptune and you're alive today, your Uranus/Neptune conjunction must be in Capricorn. That puts your Mars in Cancer, presumably? That adds some proof to my theory that certain sign placements of Mars make people more mellow--Cancer is one of those mellow signs. Thanks for sharing!

Slenkar

uranus is square my mercury

I am sensitive to loud noise, I have to plug my ears when people are shouting.

Cant go to loud music concerts and stand near the speakers like some people like to do.

Blacknight

If you have Uranus conjunct Neptune and you're alive today, your Uranus/Neptune conjunction must be in Capricorn. That puts your Mars in Cancer, presumably? That adds some proof to my theory that certain sign placements of Mars make people more mellow--Cancer is one of those mellow signs. Thanks for sharing!
Yep. Mars in cancer conjunct midheaven. Accidentally dignified... Oh also my part of fortune is conjunct uranus within just over a degree. What are the other mellow signs you've observed? It's an interesting topic. Other mellow people I've met whose mars placements I've observed have included taurus, libra, also cancer, and incidentally aries (though that placement is heavily squared) and I have met some people with an especially mellow demeanor who have leo mars placements.

Cant go to loud music concerts and stand near the speakers like some people like to do.
Interesting. Keep your ears safe!!

Slenkar

I have mars in cancer on the midheaven too
But the only dignity is a loose trine to Uranus
(10 degree orb if that even counts)

urano

As well I have this square in my chart, unfortunately, and concerning noise that’s also true for me: hypersensitivity to noise.

Osamenor

Staff member
Yep. Mars in cancer conjunct midheaven. Accidentally dignified... Oh also my part of fortune is conjunct uranus within just over a degree. What are the other mellow signs you've observed? It's an interesting topic. Other mellow people I've met whose mars placements I've observed have included taurus, libra, also cancer, and incidentally aries (though that placement is heavily squared) and I have met some people with an especially mellow demeanor who have leo mars placements.

I'd been thinking Mars in Libra, Pisces, or Cancer would be especially mellow. I didn't include Taurus in that lineup because while Taurus is a peaceful sign, it's also very strong willed. Mars is the strong willed aggression instinct. Taurus might temper the aggression, but it would also use it to further its will. And it's a very physical sign, so possibly prone to physical aggression--although I would think it would take a lot of provocation for Taurus Mars to become aggressive. That's not someone who's going to fight the guy who said your mama wears army socks. That is someone who's going to defend their security to the death, even if it means getting physical.

My brother has Mars in Libra, and he's born mellow.

Osamenor

Staff member

As well I have this square in my chart, unfortunately, and concerning noise that’s also true for me: hypersensitivity to noise.

Hmmm... I'm somewhat noise sensitive, but I don't have a Uranus/Mercury square. And my mom is extremely noise sensitive, but she doesn't have that square either. She does have a loose t-square with Uranus as the focal point, squaring Mars and Jupiter, but no aspect between Uranus and Mercury.

However, she has Uranus in Gemini squaring Jupiter in Virgo--the two signs that Mercury rules. Maybe that has something to do with it? Although, those are generational planets, so if that square were making my mom noise sensitive, everyone her age ought to have that same noise sensitivity, and of course they don't.

Last edited:

graay ghost

However, she has Uranus in Gemini squaring Jupiter in Virgo--the two signs that Mercury rules. Maybe that has something to do with it? Although, those are generational planets, so if that square were making my mom noise sensitive, everyone her age ought to have that same noise sensitivity, and of course they don't.

Well, you know what they always say: if it's too loud, you're too old... :p

graay ghost

Well, if you have lots of people with the same configuration, even, they're not all going to manifest it the same way. And, in the end, being sensitive to something does not mean that you hate it. Loud noise can totally clear out your head and some people love it for that reason.

I'd been thinking Mars in Libra, Pisces, or Cancer would be especially mellow. I didn't include Taurus in that lineup because while Taurus is a peaceful sign, it's also very strong willed. Mars is the strong willed aggression instinct. Taurus might temper the aggression, but it would also use it to further its will. And it's a very physical sign, so possibly prone to physical aggression--although I would think it would take a lot of provocation for Taurus Mars to become aggressive. That's not someone who's going to fight the guy who said your mama wears army socks. That is someone who's going to defend their security to the death, even if it means getting physical.

My brother has Mars in Libra, and he's born mellow.

It kind of seems like Taurus puts Mars in the back room. He's still there, he's still doing his thing, but because he's out of sight, people think he's out of mind.