Uranus & South Node in 7th, will I ever experience happily ever after?

Cosmette

Hi! I'm curious about my 7th of relationships. I see my Uranus and South Node are there... from what I know, Uranian 7th means unusual relationships and abrupt circumstances... like divorce, for instance. And South Node, which I hear can be malefic here? I don't know if that's true, but I do understand SN connections are temporary... so with that mixed with Uranus in an already Saturnian 7th doesn't make me feel very hopeful? I know my Uranus is decently aspected, but I see it squares my Saturn in 10th, and contra-parallels my 11th Moon and trines my Sun/Pluto in 5th. Does any of that mean anything in terms of cultivating relationships? I may be completely off, but I'm eager to learn and get right on track with what my future holds for me with relationships.

Attachments

• horoscope-chart8-700__radix_astroseek-4-12-1998_20-29.jpg
    horoscope-chart8-700__radix_astroseek-4-12-1998_20-29.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 22

katydid

Yes, you can absolutely have successful longterm relationships. The Uranus is exalted, so what it does, it does well. And Uranus is very well aspected, with a Trine to Mars in Libra in the 3rd of communication, giving you great interpersonal skills and luck attracting others. The double sextile to Sun/PLuto in the 5th of love and creativity, once again denoting romantic opportunities. :love:

The difficult thing might be narrowing down your options. Which brings me to the 8th house Jupiter—with the squares to Sun/Venus in the 5th.

I am glad you are studying your chart because I am curious to hear how you think that plays out for you. My first guess, is you might have had to learn not to believe others that might try to lure you or take advantage ofd you emotionally? Victimized by offers of love? IDK, just curious how that tension to Pisces in the 8th of intimacy reveals itself. :sideways:

Cosmette

Interesting response!! Wow! Ok, ok, so... I do feel callous oftentimes with love. It seems like everyone is "in love" with me. I say that and realize it sounds quite narcissistic, but there's no point to share that other than to be honest to get honest help... but, back to what I was saying, everyone seems to be head over heels when they meet me. Jokes around our office because clients seem to have an affinity, my boyfriends and even the one I have now has always seemed to always be upset when men compliment me or hit on me, and I've had a slew of- in my eyes- bad luck (since I am dating someone seriously) where both male and female friends have confessed their feelings for me.

Usually these friends and I struggle to continue a friendship afterwards.

I've been in some bad relationships where men have spun stories to keep me focused on them... and no one else, as it were. I'm in a relationship that isn't anything like that now, but I struggle OFTEN believing that anyone can really love or care for me. I don't struggle with feelings of jealousy although I've been cheated on before, for me it's performance anxiety.

Am I equal to them? Do I do enough? Share enough? How can I show them love to receive it in turn. Jupiter square Venus is real let me tell you haha... I'm aware and working on it, but I struggle a lot to feel comfortable with someone.

And any relationship I've ever been in, I've broken off, which perhaps could be Saturn square Uranus or the Jupiter square Venus? I'm unsure.
But I hold myself to high standards, but I really don't think I hold them to high standards. I've found disappointment in my past relationships, because they lived in disgusting living conditions, weren't going anywhere with work, wandering eyes, or had flighty behaviors.

Perhaps these experiences make me a bit callous in love, which is why I'm both excited and scared to have this new person in my life who I love so dearly who seems to check every box!

katydid

Interesting response!! Wow! Ok, ok, so... I do feel callous oftentimes with love. It seems like everyone is "in love" with me. I say that and realize it sounds quite narcissistic, but there's no point to share that other than to be honest to get honest help... but, back to what I was saying, everyone seems to be head over heels when they meet me. Jokes around our office because clients seem to have an affinity, my boyfriends and even the one I have now has always seemed to always be upset when men compliment me or hit on me, and I've had a slew of- in my eyes- bad luck (since I am dating someone seriously) where both male and female friends have confessed their feelings for me.

Usually these friends and I struggle to continue a friendship afterwards.

I've been in some bad relationships where men have spun stories to keep me focused on them... and no one else, as it were. I'm in a relationship that isn't anything like that now, but I struggle OFTEN believing that anyone can really love or care for me. I don't struggle with feelings of jealousy although I've been cheated on before, for me it's performance anxiety.

Am I equal to them? Do I do enough? Share enough? How can I show them love to receive it in turn. Jupiter square Venus is real let me tell you haha... I'm aware and working on it, but I struggle a lot to feel comfortable with someone.

And any relationship I've ever been in, I've broken off, which perhaps could be Saturn square Uranus or the Jupiter square Venus? I'm unsure.
But I hold myself to high standards, but I really don't think I hold them to high standards. I've found disappointment in my past relationships, because they lived in disgusting living conditions, weren't going anywhere with work, wandering eyes, or had flighty behaviors.

Perhaps these experiences make me a bit callous in love, which is why I'm both excited and scared to have this new person in my life who I love so dearly who seems to check every box!

Thank you for sharing because I was so curious about your Venus/Jupiter --5th/8th house square. I was pretty certain that you hAd a lot of people interested in you.

But it's interesting that you experienced relationships w/some shallow and unhealthy types of suiters. So you've learned to vet them more closely and have landed upon someone who is more dependable and worthy of your love.

I can understand why you have trouble believing in others love for you because Venus/Jupiter squares are so quick and impulsive. How can someone know so quickly their love for you?

It is important to keep that in mind because some of it is shallow or faulty. It may be sometimes be lust or triggered by attraction and 5th house longing for love and not the true 8th house long standing life long commitment that you are looking for.

Cosmette

Thank you for sharing because I was so curious about your Venus/Jupiter --5th/8th house square. I was pretty certain that you hAd a lot of people interested in you.

But it's interesting that you experienced relationships w/some shallow and unhealthy types of suiters. So you've learned to vet them more closely and have landed upon someone who is more dependable and worthy of your love.

I can understand why you have trouble believing in others love for you because Venus/Jupiter squares are so quick and impulsive. How can someone know so quickly their love for you?

It is important to keep that in mind because some of it is shallow or faulty. It may be sometimes be lust or triggered by attraction and 5th house longing for love and not the true 8th house long standing life long commitment that you are looking for.

Amen, I'd say I was- despite it painting me in an unflattering light- "lovesick", looking for a soulmate since I was little. Perhaps that was my south node in 7th, but I feel such a need to have a partner to make the goals in my life feel more meaningful. I would do things for the longest time and people would tell me to be proud of myself, but it felt hollow to experience life without a partner.

Ironic, since I was a commitment phobe for the longest time, and even towards friends- sharing intimacy was somewhat scary. Taking time and effort to put into people was scary to me period.
The guy I'm with and I ironically do not have romantic synastry, the synastry post I made in my threads (easy to find as I don't have many posts here), a lot of 3rd activity. I enjoy the talks and intellectual conversation though. He says he wants to get married in a few years, when I'm more ready, but I feel I stand in my own way a lot in love, too. I do callous myself a bit, but I also want things to work and be real. Who knows though, I suppose. :'^)