Sailor Moon (anime/manga) and Astrology

CapAquaPis

The 1990s anime hit Sailor Moon characters known as "senshi" or scouts (North American version) have astrological profiles in their personalities, here are their sun and rising signs: their sailor transformations/their real names (Japanese version).
Sailor Moon/Usagi is a Cancer sun/Capricorn rising,
Sailor Mercury/Ami a Virgo sun/Gemini rising,
Sailor Venus/Minako a Libra sun/Taurus rising,
Sailor Mars/Rei an Aries sun/Scorpio rising,
Sailor Jupiter/Makoto a Sagitarius sun/Pisces rising,
Sailor Saturn/Hotaru a Capricorn sun/Aquarius rising,
Sailor Uranus/Haruka an Aquarius sun/Capricorn rising,
Sailor Neptune/Michiru a Pisces sun/Sagittarius rising,
Sailor Pluto/Setsuna a Scorpio sun/Aries rising,
and Usagi's BF Mamoru a Leo sun/Aquarius rising.
If I was a show writer, we would add new characters Eris and Sedna. According to some astrologers, Eris co-rules Gemini and Aquarius, and Sedna for Pisces. There's already Ceres (thought to co-rule Virgo), part of the Amazon Quartet, minor characters feature Juno (can be useful in astrology), Pallas and Vesta.

CapAquaPis

Now what if the characters were given moon signs or their planet's signs, not in the script? It's also based on new astrological planetary rulership alignments held by some in the field. One sign the Moon, the other their planets.

Sailor Moon/Usagi = Capricorn (strictly moon exalted)
Sailor Chibi Moon/Chibiusa = Cancer (Cancer sun/Leo rising?),
Sailor Mercury/Ami = Taurus/Pisces,
Sailor Venus/Minako = Gemini/Scorpio,
Sailor Mars/Rei = Leo/Libra,
Sailor Jupiter/Makoto = Virgo/Virgo (Moon/Jupiter conjunction),
Sailor Saturn/Hotaru = Libra/Leo,
Sailor Uranus/Haruka = Scorpio/Cancer (or in reverse),
Sailor Neptune/Michiru = Sagittarius/Gemini (or in reverse),
Sailor Pluto/Setsuna = Capricorn/Scorpio (or in reverse),
and Usagi's BF Mamoru = Aquarius (or Aries) - strictly moon.

Bunraku

I just googled this to find out what in the world you are talking about and I found out that it is some sort of cartoon or whatever. Anyways, this is kind of creepy...especially coming from an adult male. Why are they so young and they are almost naked with very short skirts??? This is a sexualization of youth. Don’t even make me start with the asian aspect of it which carries negative connotations that brings metal images of order brides and female subversion. Is this some sort of fetish?? This is gross and perverted. WTF is wrong with you?

Cupid Arrow

I just googled this to find out what in the world you are talking about and I found out that it is some sort of cartoon or whatever. Anyways, this is kind of creepy...especially coming from an adult male. Why are they so young and they are almost naked with very short skirts??? This is a sexualization of youth. Don’t even make me start with the asian aspect of it which carries negative connotations that brings metal images of order brides and female subversion. Is this some sort of fetish?? This is gross and perverted. WTF is wrong with you?

How do you know that he didnt watch when he was 12 years old or older? And he is talking about their signs and ASC. Why do you assume his post is sexual in nature?

Cupid Arrow

Now what if the characters were given moon signs or their planet's signs, not in the script? It's also based on new astrological planetary rulership alignments held by some in the field. One sign the Moon, the other their planets.

Sailor Moon/Usagi = Capricorn (strictly moon exalted)
Sailor Chibi Moon/Chibiusa = Cancer (Cancer sun/Leo rising?),
Sailor Mercury/Ami = Taurus/Pisces,
Sailor Venus/Minako = Gemini/Scorpio,
Sailor Mars/Rei = Leo/Libra,
Sailor Jupiter/Makoto = Virgo/Virgo (Moon/Jupiter conjunction),
Sailor Saturn/Hotaru = Libra/Leo,
Sailor Uranus/Haruka = Scorpio/Cancer (or in reverse),
Sailor Neptune/Michiru = Sagittarius/Gemini (or in reverse),
Sailor Pluto/Setsuna = Capricorn/Scorpio (or in reverse),
and Usagi's BF Mamoru = Aquarius (or Aries) - strictly moon.

Im a anime fan, and I would say Sailor Moon didnt appear as a Cap ASC but probably a Leo ASC with a Cancer sun.

CapAquaPis

I just googled this to find out what in the world you are talking about and I found out that it is some sort of cartoon or whatever. Anyways, this is kind of creepy...especially coming from an adult male. Why are they so young and they are almost naked with very short skirts??? This is a sexualization of youth. Don’t even make me start with the asian aspect of it which carries negative connotations that brings mental images of order brides and female subversion. Is this some sort of fetish?? This is gross and perverted. WTF is wrong with you?

You're viewing this through the American culture, which may find Sailor Moon offensive, and I watch it because it's a real good show, nothing sexual about it, if you watched it, you learn the characters aren't meant to be sex objects. Their ages are between 14 to 18 (high school students), and the show's main audience are teenagers, but the cartoon also appeals to younger children.

The cartoon series and manga (comics) is created by a woman, Naoko Takeuchi in the early 1990s. She wanted female superheroes who are brave, tough and courageous to save the day. The show's American version was censored to leave out violence, references to homosexuality and transgender switching, and "age inappropriate" actions, such as underage drinking.

And Naoko Takeuchi intentionally gave them names after planets, due to her interests in astronomy and astrology (both western and eastern/Japanese). Ami/Sailor Mercury, for example, represents intelligence and her powers are water, connected to the planet Mercury in western and Japanese mythology. Ami is a genial grade A student and excellent swimmer in her high school.

Blaze

Account Closed
df1fc983c2f90e9141a5fe0336fd431e.jpg

Cupid Arrow

Chibi is Sailor Moon's daughter who traveled in time to know her young parents.

I havent watched Sailor Moon since I was 14-16 in the 90's, so I dont remember that part except she has pink hair and cone buns on top of her head.

Last edited:

Cupid Arrow

When I was 10 I watched Sailor Moon and I did know nothing about astrology. A few month ago I read at internet that Sailor Neptune and Uranus are lesbians and I tough "By some authors Uranus and Neptune are associated with homosexuality" then I searched in google about the girls and I found that their suns are ruled by the planet which everyone represent. Also, Sailor Saturn is a girl who can destroy everything.

Sailor Neptune& Uranus, who are they? And what author said this?

CapAquaPis

The official biographies of the Sailor senshi/scouts, if they were real people, note they were teenagers in the mid 1990s when the anime first aired, and you can find their moon signs - to further explain their character/personality:

Moon - June 30, 1978
Mercury - September 10, 1978
Mars - April 17, 1978
Jupiter - December 5, 1978
Venus - October 22, 1978
Neptune - March 6, 1978
Uranus - January 27, 1978
Pluto - October 29, 1976
Saturn - January 6, 1981
Chibi/Mini Moon - June 30, ???? (what if 2001?) - Chibi is a time traveler.
Tuxedo Mask - August 3, 1975
Star Healer - February 8, 1979
Star Maker - May 30, 1979
Star Fighter - July 30, 1979
Amazon Quartet: Ceres, Juno, Pallas and Vesta (birthdates unknown).

Courtesy of MoonPrincess.com (Sailor Moon info and fan site).

CapAquaPis

The manga creator Naoko Takeuchi follows Japanese astrological methods in her characters. I have the first manga (English version for North America) and there are 6 acts: the first in Jan-Feb (the story of Usagi or sailor Moon), Feb-Mar (she meets Ami or Mercury), Mar-Apr (see meets Rei or Mars), and May-Jun (she meets Makoto or Jupiter). Each month (from the 16th-15th of the next month) is ruled by a planet: Venus in Apr-May, and the Sun Jun-Jul. Minako or Venus is actually the first character in her own manga Sailor V (short for Venus) and meets Sailor Moon in later mangas. I guess Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto and additions of Ceres and Eris rules each of the next 6 months of the year.

Whoam1

Note that this post does have astrological integrity. Although it is posted as a chat, please keep in mind that the authors goal, as stated, was purely astrological in nature. Please keep it astrology (so this can be used as a future reference) if needed.

CapAquaPis

Now we need a sailor Eris or Sedna, 2 dwarf planets discovered in the 2000s. There's a need for let's say, an African-American or Black European scout and another, a scout in a wheelchair or other form of disability. Going by what the dwarf planets could stand for in modified versions of astrology, Eris is one of discord and business opportunity, while Sedna is one of psyche/psychic powers and the spirit/soul of a person.

CapAquaPis

Milkstrology does a vid of what would be Sailor Moon's natal chart if she's real. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVa91e42sZs

And Sailor Moon characters as zodiac (sun) signs. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzDwidDd7X4

If Sailor Moon was born on June 30-July 1, 1978 according to the canon, her moon is in Scorpio cusp Sagittarius and her rising is a late degree Aquarius. I found this today on Quora by someone who might be familiar with Sailor Moon (a manga username).
https://www.quora.com/What-does-it-mean-to-be-a-Cancer-Sun-Scorpio-Moon-and-Aquarius-Rising

Last edited:

CapAquaPis

Characters' connections to the sun signs of the astrological zodiac.
Aries: sailor Mars/Rei.
Taurus: Three cats (Artemis, Diana and Luna).
Gemini: sailor star Maker (or the Starlights).
Cancer: sailor Moon/Usagi.
Leo: Tuxedo Mask.
Virgo: sailor Mercury/Ami.
Libra: sailor Venus/Minako.
Scorpio: sailor Pluto.
Sagittarius: sailor Jupiter/Makoto.
Capricorn: sailor Saturn/Hotaru.
Aquarius: sailor Uranus/Haruka.
Pisces: sailor neptune/Michiru.