Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat

Chat For posts that don't have to do with astrological chart interpretation, but they're still important to you. Gossip, show off, hot topic, spiritual thoughts, Sun sign astrological discussions, chit chat: come in and share!

Unread 01-03-2018, 10:32 PM

Re: Chat Thread

A double Cancer...

That's like a really watered down combo, but the Aries Moon gives you some fire.

Unread 01-03-2018, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Guy View Post
Well, I'm a cancer sun and cancer ascendant. My moon is Aries.

Look I know I'm not much of an astrologer.

I mean what do you expect from one who was raised in Catholicism and ended up in a Seminary, then the ****ing army, lol.

Look, I never expected to be on this forum, but I'm still happy I'm here. I've already learned a lot. I hope to learn more.

Dominus vobiscum
et cum spiritu tuo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Unread 01-03-2018, 10:39 PM

Welp, off to work again.
Unread 01-03-2018, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppLeo View Post
Welp, off to work again.
What time is it where you are ?
Unread 01-03-2018, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
What time is it where you are ?
I feel like Iíve already said this...

As of this post, 3:53pm.
Unread 01-03-2018, 10:58 PM

Quote:
I feel like Iíve already said this...

As of this post, 3:53pm.
I feel like you already haven't

But thanks now i can keep track on you much better

Have fun at work!
Unread 01-03-2018, 11:02 PM

Youíre welcome...
Unread 01-03-2018, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Youíre welcome...
Don't miss me too much
Unread 01-03-2018, 11:13 PM

Thumbs up Re: Chat Thread

Quote:
So are you still religious, or has this gone out of the window ?

How was the army for you ?

You'll learn a lot from being on here, so its good you've stumbled upon it....everything happens for a reason.
I am still religious; I attend traditional Latin Masses and I observe the teachings of the Catholic Church faithfully. I am here purely for an educational endeavor. That said, I hope to be here longer, as a friend. I love my Catholic faith, and I believe that these two can be connected.

Remember Pierre Teilhard de Chardin. He was a priest who no one expected to try to tie a connection to Darwinism to Christianity. Or Joseph Lemaitre, who theorized the Big Bang, both were Catholic priests. In spite of all these obstacles, their faith remained. So too shall mine.

Regarding the Army. I have had so many benefits (college being paid for, discipline in my work, respecting authority), but I can't wait for the lessons that will be coming. I want to make a career out of it. Many years to go till a pension, after all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUPITERASC View Post
et cum spiritu tuo
If only this was universally known. My cheers is to you.

Confiteor Deo omnipotenti, beatae Mariae semper Virgini, beatae Michaelae Archangelo, beato Ioanni baptistae, sanctis apostolis Petro et Paulo, et omnibus sanctis, quia peccavi nimis cogitatione, verbo et opere, mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa. Ideo precor beatam Mariam semper Virginem, beatum Michaelem Archangelum, beatum Ioannem Baptistam, sanctos Apostolos Petrum et Paulum, et omnes Sanctos, pro orare me ad omnium Deum nostrum, amen.

Now, I typed that from memory. I think all the words are correct but I have been called the "king of commas", so forgive the pronunciation. Still, my Latin is rusty but I think fine enough to, well, suscipe. I had the privilege of being taught the Tridentine Mass. I only wish Pope Francis would take more kindly to it.
Unread 01-03-2018, 11:18 PM

Quote:
I am still religious; I attend traditional Latin Masses and I observe the teachings of the Catholic Church faithfully. I am here purely for an educational endeavor. That said, I hope to be here longer, as a friend. I love my Catholic faith, and I believe that these two can be connected.

Remember Pierre Teilhard de Chardin. He was a priest who no one expected to try to tie a connection to Darwinism to Christianity. Or Joseph Lemaitre, who theorized the Big Bang, both were Catholic priests. In spite of all these obstacles, their faith remained. So too shall mine.

Regarding the Army. I have had so many benefits (college being paid for, discipline in my work, respecting authority), but I can't wait for the lessons that will be coming. I want to make a career out of it. Many years to go till a pension, after all!

If only this was universally known. My cheers is to you.

Confiteor Deo omnipotenti, beatae Mariae semper Virgini, beatae Michaelae Archangelo, beato Ioanni baptistae, sanctis apostolis Petro et Paulo, et omnibus sanctis, quia peccavi nimis cogitatione, verbo et opere, mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa. Ideo precor beatam Mariam semper Virginem, beatum Michaelem Archangelum, beatum Ioannem Baptistam, sanctos Apostolos Petrum et Paulum, et omnes Sanctos, pro orare me ad omnium Deum nostrum, amen.

Now, I typed that from memory. I think all the words are correct but I have been called the "king of commas", so forgive the pronunciation. Still, my Latin is rusty but I think fine enough to, well, suscipe. I had the privilege of being taught the Tridentine Mass. I only wish Pope Francis would take more kindly to it.
benedictus benedicat - benedicto benedicatur
Since you have an understanding of Latin
you may benefit from a link to ancient astrological texts in original ancient Latin
There are five collections in this library

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/texts.html
  • The main collection contains links to books and magazines written in English
  • that are directly related to 'traditional astrology' (from classical to modern times).
  • The extended collection refers to texts that are partly astrological
  • or useful for historical research or philosophical principles.
  • The ancient collection contains links to ancient texts, fragments
  • or secondary sources that cover the ancient period.
  • The scholar's collection contains links to published theses, dissertations, and peer-reviewed papers.
  • The Latin & Greek collection contains links to important works in older languages

Another good list of links to astrological works is available at
http://cura.free.fr/DIAL.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf

Last edited by JUPITERASC; 01-03-2018 at 11:55 PM.
Unread 01-03-2018, 11:20 PM

In primary school i was in a religious lesson, and the teacher was telling us about god/jesus etc....me with my gemini moon likes to ask questions. Teacher said "any questions ?" no one put their hand up but me...i asked "well if god made jesus, who made god ?" Teacher walked around to the back of me and slapped me on the back of my head and told me not to be so cheeky

Ive never got no answers to this, or even as to why "a particular" religion is the correct one.

Im classed as an atheist i think.

Last edited by Chrysalis; 01-04-2018 at 09:46 AM.
Unread 01-04-2018, 05:20 PM

Religion was created to keep people in check by suppressing their animalistic nature.
Unread 01-04-2018, 05:27 PM

Smile Re: Chat Thread

Quote:
Religion was created to keep people in check by suppressing their animalistic nature.
It may keep them in check, but it still encourages them to mate.
Unread 01-04-2018, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Indeed, and I appreciate that on religion's part.

Personally I think I'm a bit superior to my pet ridgeback or the raccoons that go through our trash.
Unread 01-04-2018, 06:01 PM

Is saturn always representative of the father in natal charts, or is it the sun too ?

And can saturn rx indicate an absent father, or one who wasn't really a great father figure ?

And can.....only joking lol.

Last edited by Chrysalis; 01-04-2018 at 06:08 PM.
Unread 01-04-2018, 06:08 PM

If religion didnít exist back then, the world wouldíve been a lot worse.
Unread 01-04-2018, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Is saturn always representative of the father in natal charts, or is it the sun too ?

And can saturn rx indicate an absent father, or one who wasn't really a great father figure ?

And can.....only joking lol.
I think the Sun, or the MC/IC, represents the father.

Saturn can manifest through the father though when it needs to create restrictions on the native. A harsh or difficult father is seen when the Sun is aspected to Saturn.
Unread 01-04-2018, 06:17 PM

Quote:
I think the Sun, or the MC/IC, represents the father.

Saturn can manifest through the father though when it needs to create restrictions on the native. A harsh or difficult father is seen when the Sun is aspected to Saturn.
Oh no really...ive been looking at saturn for the father

So a chart im looking at, he has sun trine saturn rx, so as its a trine is this still a difficult father, especially with saturn being rx ?

Well it must be as the persons father was not in his life much, he was very volatile and unavailable through his own addictions.

Also regarding MC, he has uranus on MC, so i suppose this is signifying his father too then ?
Unread 01-04-2018, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
It may keep them in check, but it still encourages them to mate.
I thought just the other day that they saw men and women = children so thatís why they said it was the rule.

Like how pigs were making Muslims ill back in the olden times and thatís why Muslims today donít eat pork.

Last edited by Ukpoohbear; 01-04-2018 at 07:52 PM.
Unread 01-04-2018, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Indeed, and I appreciate that on religion's part.

Personally I think I'm a bit superior to my pet ridgeback or the raccoons that go through our trash.
In what ways are you superior?

Asking genuinely cos I like this subject.

I would like to add that I read the link you posted with your chart and I can see you are a fan of debating and Iím sorry for picking that up as winding me up.
Unread 01-04-2018, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Oh no really...ive been looking at saturn for the father

So a chart im looking at, he has sun trine saturn rx, so as its a trine is this still a difficult father, especially with saturn being rx ?

Well it must be as the persons father was not in his life much, he was very volatile and unavailable through his own addictions.

Also regarding MC, he has uranus on MC, so i suppose this is signifying his father too then ?
Yes... but it depends. Sometimes the MC signifies the mother and father is signified by the IC.

A Saturn trine sun may indicate that the native has a difficult father, but they’ve been able to adapt, thrive, and use a tough father to their advantage. Like, they’ve easily learned independence, hard work, and responsibility.
Chrysalis (01-04-2018)
Unread 01-04-2018, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukpoohbear View Post
In what ways are you superior?

Asking genuinely cos I like this subject.

I would like to add that I read the link you posted with your chart and I can see you are a fan of debating and Iím sorry for picking that up as winding me up.
In regards to the "animal kingdom", man is naturally superior all creatures in general. Naturally, if I wanted to fist fight with a gorilla, I'd be properly trounced. If I wanted to have a swim-off with a dolphin, I'd be disappointed, and so on.

However man has a distinct and unique self-awareness and ability to discern himself that animals are unable to. Take my ridgeback for example. She can run like the billio, she can definitely kill me if she felt like it, however she cannot understand herself and cannot attain the abilities of man; no animal really can.

Man is obliged to care for animals because man understands his place in the world and the kingdom. Animals have no feeling of obligation to do that, they do it out of a self-serving need or training.

Theologically, man is superior to animals in totality. The old adage that "all dogs go to Heaven" doesn't hold up to the Magisterium of the Church, and animals lack the "beatific vision" of Christ and their souls are temporary and meant to serve us as assets to be utilized.

Regarding my chart; yes I enjoy debate and I tend to be quite capable of it. This said, I have been known to instigate critical thinking to further a point and that might be considered "winding up", but I'm not in the business of making people angry or trolling.

If anyone else wanted to see my chart, I'll attach it.

Cheers!
Attached Images
File Type: png Natal3.png (42.5 KB, 5 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Boston Guy For This Useful Post:
AppLeo (01-04-2018), Ukpoohbear (01-05-2018)
Unread 01-04-2018, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Yes... but it depends. Sometimes the MC signifies the mother and father is signified by the IC.

A Saturn trine sun may indicate that the native has a difficult father, but they’ve been able to adapt, thrive, and use a tough father to their advantage. Like, they’ve easily learned independence, hard work, and responsibility.
Yes this is correct what you say, as he has now opened up his own charity to help children of addiction, and has launched his own gym and doesn't drink as much like he used to, he's in his early 30's now.

So it seems like the trine sun/saturn has benefited him, with regards to how his father has been.

This is calum best's chart btw im looking at.
Unread 01-04-2018, 08:59 PM

Iím working a double today at work.. fun fun
Unread 01-04-2018, 09:09 PM

Quote:
In regards to the "animal kingdom", man is naturally superior all creatures in general. Naturally, if I wanted to fist fight with a gorilla, I'd be properly trounced. If I wanted to have a swim-off with a dolphin, I'd be disappointed, and so on.

However man has a distinct and unique self-awareness and ability to discern himself that animals are unable to. Take my ridgeback for example. She can run like the billio, she can definitely kill me if she felt like it, however she cannot understand herself and cannot attain the abilities of man; no animal really can.

Man is obliged to care for animals because man understands his place in the world and the kingdom. Animals have no feeling of obligation to do that, they do it out of a self-serving need or training.

Theologically, man is superior to animals in totality. The old adage that "all dogs go to Heaven" doesn't hold up to the Magisterium of the Church, and animals lack the "beatific vision" of Christ and their souls are temporary and meant to serve us as assets to be utilized.

Regarding my chart; yes I enjoy debate and I tend to be quite capable of it. This said, I have been known to instigate critical thinking to further a point and that might be considered "winding up", but I'm not in the business of making people angry or trolling.

If anyone else wanted to see my chart, I'll attach it.

Cheers!
Wow, youíre barely a cancer....

And Man is the best form of life. Man can actually set goals and think critically about stuff.

Tags
appleo bestleo, birds wearing hats, crazy people thi, free market rules, i'm sane promise, kthx, nk they're sane, post modernism, queenchrys, this threads insane